The Darkest Night [OOC+SIGNUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Arcadius whenever Rojvol has free time I'm going to have Miranda approach him and ask how one joins the Council if that's alright with you. I feel like she'd be interested in observing the political state of Dod first hand. Whether she's viable enough to actually join however, is on you. :3

I will be inactive tomorrow and Sunday. I might be able to post sometime between what I have to do but, other than that I will be inactive.

@BearEnthusiast right... well, we ought to have discussed that a bit more before I wrote the first post, because at this time, it might be a little tricky to push her into the circle. Ultimately, you don't get to join the Council, you either are on it or you are not important enough.

I'm open to ideas, but this might take a while and some preparation, I feel.

@Arcadius

Oh I never said she had to join! Just that whenever the meeting was over she'd probably approach him about it. In the end she's experienced but still just a traveler who came to Dod at the wrong time - which makes her just another volunteer at the mines status wise.

We could have Rojvol decline her request to attend a council meeting outright (much to her distaste) and let that be the foundation to their relationship in the story.

I don't want to come over as an ass because she'll get refused, but at this point, that's probably the best course to take.

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
It could be that her interest leads to some other responsibility also. Of her own idea or given by the Council or just one member of it.

I can't think of anything specific at the moment, but there's a thread of an idea.

Hey guys. Unfortunately, I might be unable to post next week, respectively from Saturday to Saturday. I'll have a post up today.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jess Incognito
Hey so one of my friends is going to be joining the rp. I'm going to be editing my characters history some due to an idea we though up together. We plan on making the room mates basically so I'm going to be adding how they met and why there living together.

Reactions: Arcadius
Good recruiting! Haha
More is always welcome and we're early enough on that changing your character is absolutely within reason.

I plan on adding a character myself, but more on that later.

I'm sorry I've been silent!! I've been on vacation. I've edited my backstory and will post soon

I'm totally interested, I'll work on a cs soon!

THE LOST WANDERER

NAME: Wisteria Jay Jewett.
RACE: Human.
MEANS: adventurer.

APPEARANCE: Wisteria is slim, and stands at about 5'4", weighing around 115 lbs. She's atheltic in both build and activity. Her hair is platinum blonde, nearly white in color, short in length and in a very boy-ish style. Her hair is always messy, parted to the side and she always attempts to push it out of her face, which ends up making it look rather poofy and untamed in the front. Her lips are a pale red color, and her eyes are rather doe-ish, and a rich shade of hazel that nearly reflect the sunshine. Her mode of dress is always something comfortable that she can move around with, but since she's trapped, she only has a variant number of outfits that she'd brought along with her. She's always wearing a permanent annoyed expression.

Usual dress: {{Without the goggles or tri-force symbols.}}
[spoili]
_steampunk_link__by_molecularagatha-d60kjcv.jpg
[/spoili]

Wisteria was born in the coven city, to a poor family of four. It was her mother, father, and little sister, whom Wisteria was very close to growing up. Wisteria's mother had passed before she could really remember her, her death not having been that hard on her since well, she was too young to understand the concept of death. Her family barely managed to scrape by, any money they could scavenge went straight to food. Wisteria and her sister never had good clothes, but they knew no better. They often roamed the streets, once Wisteria was around the age of ten, she started to thieve. Of course, anyone in her situation would. She started to become rather skilled in lock-picking and thieving, becoming one of the most wanted thieves in the city-- and they didn't even know who she was. Everything was going well, her family was beginning to be able to eat more than one meal a day because of the money she had brought in stealing, but one wrong job and her life fell apart.
Wisteria's fatal mistake had been robbing from one of the richest families in town, the Stevens. (@Wanderlust) She had been caught breaking into their home and stealing money, and being such a powerful family, she had been driven out of town by them. Wisteria was forced into the outside world, which she had found she loved way more than being stuck inside a cave. She became an adventurer, traveling far beyond the borders that the cave had limited her to. Before the cave in, her sister had hired someone to track her down. She sent her a letter; their father had passed away of natural causes. Of course, Wisteria rushed back to the city, to both comfort her sister, mourn her father's death, and hope to convince her sister to leave with her. But fate had other plans. Her sister had been crushed in the cave-in, and Wisteria had been trapped off from the world that she had come to love. All Wisteria wants to do is leave, but is stuck wandering the streets and survive; just like she had been when she lived there long ago. She will most likely end up trying to clear the rubble as well, just desperate to escape like a caged bird.

6e51473e80aa54b291d4d2eabdea1c20.jpg

Last edited:
The Double Agent

NAME: Shay Stevens
RACE: Human
MEANS: Political Secretary

APPEARANCE: Standing at a impressive height of 5'7, Shay has dark brown hair that falls down to just above her collar bones. She has bangs that sit on her forehead, trimmed well and sometimes get swept to the left side of her face. They sit just above her brown eyes, which look almost black. She has a pretty smile, with a small over bite giving her a very small lisp when talking too fast. She has long legs and a curvy figure. She has a strong jaw line, but her mouth, nose, and ears are kind of small but she hates her ears but she thinks they're too small. She has pale skin, but tans if outside for a while. The darker she gets the more freckle she has. Normally she wears pants with ankle boots and a v neck t shirt, or sweater. She also has a skirt or two, for professional occasions.

Brief summary: Shay lived in a nice house, too big for her and her parents before the huge earthquake. Some envied her life of exquisite items and treasures, but her home life was cold, lonely. Her mother was her fathers assistant and they were always working, morning into the late hours so she learned quickly how to keep busy, luckily she didn't have to work too hard because she had her best friend Jamie, who was keeping her busy with her many inventions. When Jamie was 16 she became an orphan and asked for help; Shays family gave her food and enough money to keep her on her feet. When her parents died, she was taken to her parents duel funeral, being the one who set it up with a little help from Jamie, helping what she could. At the funeral a few people in black uniforms, needing to ask her some questions. This was the beginning of her new career working for a group hoping to take society at the throat, crush it's new forming society and blindside it. But she doesn't want that, she wants society to fall so she can help it rebuild it and become stronger. But this is a secret thing and only recently has Jamie has recently found out. After their deaths, all of their money was given to Shay, who saved most of it, but donated some of it to others who were affected by the earth quake. Shay always believed in charity even though her parents didn't.
She also spent some of it on her home with Jamie.

[spoili]
Gemma-Arterton-Arena-Photoshoot-HQ-gemma-arterton-9252630-1599-1200.jpg
[/spoili]

@Wanderlust
Welcome to the roleplay! Feel free to begin posting when you're ready.

@Mysty
Just one minor thing: "born to the outside" isn't a means of survival in my book. Even if it has some abstract meaning, I'd ask you to please change it to something more concrete. Seems like 'scavenger' or 'adventurer' would work for her, but it's up to you.
But otherwise, she looks good and I'll be glad to add her to the list after that change.

Alrighty, I fixed it. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Jess Incognito
THE GUARD

NAME: Tago Aronov
MEANS: Tunnel Guard

APPEARANCE: Tago appears very much like the desert dwellers from his ancestry. He has a boyish smile, bordering on mischievous, and short, black curls. His eyes are dark brown, but black in the low light of the cave. His skin takes on a dark olive shade, though it hardly saw the sun even before the quake. He stands at medium height with a slim build. There's nothing all that intimidating about him, really. Nothing intimidating or impressive.

Tago guarded the tunnels before the quake and continues to do so afterwards, though lends a hand wherever else he can, too. He's somewhat old to not have a wife or family, but his mind has always been elsewhere. He wanted nothing more as a boy than to be a soldier, but with all the time that went to taking care of his sick mother it never happened. A great many things never happened for him. Tunnel guard was as close as he could get. At the very least, that position is more important these days. Not much of a consolation for the lives it cost. His friends and the girl he was sweet on died in the quake. Through all that, he still isn't free from his sick, delusional mother, who lives on, though worsens by the day. Darkness contains devils for her. Volunteering is the only justifiable way to get time alone for him now. He's found common ideals with Ivaar Bel, even looks up to the guy and wants to help in any way he can.

@Mysty
Thank you, in that case, feel free to post in character when you're ready.

Good to have you back!

I hope everyone else is alive and well?
If any of you are having trouble considering where to start your character off, we can by all means discuss something to kickstart a little action.

Also, I'd like to submit a second character, to be possibly used later.

The Seeker of Forbidden Fruit

Name: Alphons Altirik
MEANS: A gentleman curious in old and forbidden lore

APPEARANCE: A taciturn, gaunt man. His black hair is starting to show traces of greying out. His tired-looking eyes are always daring around, as if they are trying to spot something that is simply not there. His whole appearance speaks of constant feeling of unease and prolonged lack of rest.

He could not recall where he acquired the small, thumbed tome. Perhaps he found it in the vast collection of books and tomes his family gathered through the centuries they inhabited the Korzar castle. Perhaps it came from some other state of existence, as some sort of malicious harbinger of vice. Regardless of its origin, the pages, hand written in elegant script, contained knowledge that, while vastly incomplete and fracture, slowly seeped into the pathways his thoughts and memories flowed, and and made them unable to resist reading more and more of the blasphemous information contained therein.

His seared mind set out to fill in those gaps and cracks, first attempting to divine the missing knowledge from tomes held in the great caste library. It would appear, though, that none of the books had any similarity to the small, hand written book. It seemed that the book did not arrive as a part of any larger collection, as if someone simply came and shoved it into the library's shelves, and leaving without a trace. His announcement that he would like to travel was met with agreement from his father. The old man was watching his son's change in appearance and demeanour with worry, and hoped getting away from the castle's library and into the world would be good for him. Alphons simply intended to continue his search elsewhere.

His journeys led him to the Dod. The things he looked for, he learned, would not exists under the sun's rays. They would wither, dry and ultimately cease to exist if exposed to daylight. As such, the final pieces missing in the puzzle had to be lying deep under the surface. The cave in gave Alphons no worry. His path led deeper underground, not back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.