The Dark Town of Ravenswood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amelia felt quite uncomfortable. So much so that she decided to ditch class. She felt a tiny bit guilty being the first day, at a new school, but she was so distraught. She just wanted some time to reflect on the event.

She made her way toward the edge of school. There was the student garden. It had been well maintained throughout the summer and had beautiful plants that soared and bloomed. She found a bench and sat down, appreciate for the quiet moment she had to herself.

She ran her hand through her hair and closed her eyes, leaning back.

What a tragedy....

Cole had been ambling through the student garden with the watering hose in hand when he spotted a girl leaning back on one of the benches. Though upon seeing the slightly distressed look she had he decided to go up to her and see what was wrong. So with a goofy smile and quick adjustment to the beanie that kept his messy dark curls in check he walked over, and then crouched down in front of her so that his emerald eyes would be level with hers. "Hey there sis, what has your thoughts all up in a motherfucking mess?" He said as he spoke up in a husky voice the tone of which was completely relaxed.

Amelia looked up toward the boy, slightly started at his sudden appearances. She was so lost in her thought she flinched noticeably

"I...um....I don't know, it's horrible...it feels surreal..."

She studdered slightly not knowing exactly how to convey her feelings. She felt calm looking into this boys pretty green eyes and for a second she forgot how freaked out she was.

"..I'm Amelia...."

She extended her hand out toward the boy, forcing her face to relax, she was still a bit distraught to smile, so a blank look was all she could muster.

"How big...is this garden? "

Cole lifted his own hand from off his knee and wrapped the girl's hand, Amelia's, in a warm, calloused grip before he flashed another slightly goofy grin.

"Names Coleson, but most anyone around here tends to just refer to me as Cole. Probably because it sounds less dorky . . . heh."

He laughed to himself as he rose up from his crouch and stretched before taking a seat next to her on the bench and draped his hands across his lap. Now that he was seated he quietly started to mull over the question she had posed for him as his expression started to slip a little into something more serious. Most people weren't really all that interested in the student garden these days, at least, not since Zoey and her creepy gang of goobers took over the entirety of the high school. Everyone just kinda seemed to retreat into a shell and people quit showing up to help out because he lacked the fear that the rest of them had begun to share.

Though at this point Cole had gotten lost in his own thoughts, and it had become quite apparent when his hand moved to scrub across his stubbled chin. After a few more moments of deep concentration he finally resurfaced from his thoughts and blinked a few times before his goofy smile returned like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

"Uh . . . It's not that motherfucking big I guess, unless you want to count the three greenhouses that we have on campus."

Amelia couldnt help but smile at Cole, he was definatly different from other students she had met. She stared at him for a moment as he began to ponder.

She smiled at his mannerisms, and for a tiny moment forgot about what she had witness earlier. It wasnt untill the sounds of the police sirens brought her back to reality.

"Hey....Cole, let's get outta here. There's so much drama here lets ditch a few classes and come back for last period? "

Amelia was a good student, but given the circumstances, she'd rather not wall the halls untI'll the body and all the remains were cleaned up.

Cole's expression darkened at the reverberating wail of the police sirens as his emerald eyes wandered the expanse of the student garden in search of the familiar flashing red and blue lights. For the pigs to show up like this on the first day of school could have only meant that Zoey and her gang of goobers were the reason for their appearance, they were almost always the reason. The only question left was who had rubbed Zoey the wrong way this time.

He sighed softly and hefted his lanky body up from the bench, his posture having become slightly tensed, before Amelia's suggestion registered in his ears, and when it registered itself in his thoughts he expression blanked. With wide eyes he turned to her and busted out with grinning laughter.

"Sis, now you're speaking my motherfucking language!"

His posture finally relaxed as he tried to stifle his growing smile, but when that proved impossible he offered his hand instead to help her from her seat.

"Are you hungry? I know this great diner just a little ways from here that have these to die for chocolate shakes. My treat, and in exchange you can tell me what had you so bummed out earlier, deal?"

Last edited:
Amelia smiled from ear to ear. She had a friend, sorta. She pushed the image of the dead man from her mind and gently took his hand in hers. For a second she paused, and couldn't do anything more than smile at him.

"Okay, let's go...though it may be a short conversation. Im hardly that interesting."

The sirens grew louder and it was becoming more and more harder to push the sound from her ears. Her smile faded and she gently let go of his hand. Though she didn't want to let go, she didn't want her new found friend to feel Strange.

"I could really use milkshake..." She shruged and looked up into his striking green eyes.

Tom heard sirens. They were so loud, and they only got louder. He hated it. He moved towards the door of Geography as the class ended. Making his way towards his locker where he put his bag before making his way outside, as he noticed the new girl. It was rude to pry but he was curious at why Zoey and co. were taking care of her. Unfortunately, by the time he'd got down there, the new girl and her company were skedaddling. He avoided the graveyard at all costs but made his way around the garden, trying not to run into someone.

Reactions: Onthedot
Leslie knew something was going on in Ravenswood, well everyone knew something was up, Leslie just knew a bit more. Via spying, interrogating, or straight up bribing, Leslie liked information. When she first heard of a secret society at school she was ecstatic, finally something worth snooping, Sure she got some glares and threats on this path towards information, but this only worked to further her ambition and curiosity. Currently she was on her first self imposed mission, the graveyard, the catalyst of all mysterious things. It took a lot of courage to even muster the thought of going in there, she was more of a brains over brawns girl. But here she was at the foot of the monster, she gulped a breath of air "OK, lets do this." But just before she could even move she saw something. No, it wasn't sinister; it was just weird, normally you don't see normal people around here, but just up the side walk, proving her wrong. Was a normal guy strolling about, you think his name is Tom, or maybe it was Bob, he didn't talk much.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Zoey and Damon sat smoking in the graveyard with a few others. Zoey wondered where the hell Ven went. She sighed as they talked amongst themselves. They went quite and listened to the others. When zoey stood. She put out her smoke and looked at her brother. She went arm and arm with her guy friend Darius. Also apart of the Dark sons (playable) walked with her. They saw Leslie and smirked, they walked past her."Maybe what ever happened to that teacher may happen to you next. Dont know, if you stopped snooping you won't get hurt." Zoey smirked and walked away. Damon just glared at Leslie along with Darius and the others. Damon turned,"Oh heres a scoop what happened to that girl who went snooping in none of her business." He said. Darius smirked and jumped in."Not sure heard she went missing and they found her body in the hanging tree in the graveyard." He said. They all gathered and smirked."so nice chatting." They say and walk away.

@Zella Celeste @Onthedot

Last edited:
I bit my lip to hold any snide remarks back, I never met those two, they seemed… different, I didn't even see them walk up to me. I've met many other members, but none of them had such scary auras around them, and as quietly as they came, they left. I shook my head vigorously "erggggg!! You can't be discouraged; someone has to be held responsible for these crimes" I forced a smile. "Bunch of crooked ravens, ergggg, why didn't I use that, mumbles mumble". I laugh at my own joke.
But despite my best effort to forget that encounter. The reality behind their words drove by, sirens bursted through the street rushing towards the school, "what happened?" I must admit I skipped school today to go to the grave yard so I had no idea what happened. My eyes widened as I slowly remembered there words, and like that I was off to school to investigate

@Satan's Mistress @OlympusBlood

Reactions: OlympusBlood
(Do try third person more please no first)

Tom noticed a girl, but upon realising that she was not one of Zoey and co. he completely ignored her. That is, until he noticed that she was walking towards the graveyard, which was extremely nervewracking. The fact meant one of two things, she was one of them, or she was spying. Sure, everybody would love to know what everything was on about, but they'd all end up dead, and honestly, Tom would much rather be alive. If the situation was already bad, Zoey and Damon along with some others literally just came up to her, and seemed to be lecturing. Tom turned away, he wasn't going to pry, walking as far as possible without looking like a freak. He really wanted to know some things about Zoey and co. but he was petrified. He wanted to know what that girl had learnt, her name was Leanne or Lori or Leslie, but he couldn't remember which one. She was in one of his classes, one of the nerdy seeming kids. But nerdy kids knew stuff. Maybe he could catch up to her, but he didn't really feel like walking past the graveyard. As soon as he was out of view, he ran round the school to get to the front.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
By the time Leslie made it to the school, it was already closed off from the public for police investigation, but the police were worthless in this situation, only she could connect it those kids 'damn it! I need a way in'. She furrowed her brows and tried to think, but out of the corner of her eyes she saw someone familiar, it was that guy from earlier! what was he doing here? Was he following her?! Leslie needed to act fast, "Yes!! The tree," she grinned as she ran over and attempted to climb. "heh such a genius" it was then that she realized, she can't climb trees, and she's a horrible athlete. "God Damn't" she pouted "what are you doing" the mysterious boy inquired, oh he's already here she thought to herself, she tried to play it cool "oh you know the regular".
@OlympusBlood @Satan's Mistress

Tom rolled his eyes. The regular? If this was regular, what was abnormal? He glanced at her, and put together what she wanted to do, nodding slowly to show he understood before looking at the building. Of course everybody had been moved, it was a murder scene. Windows... air vents... sewers. Thousands of ways to get there. The roof. However, she was incapable of climbing a tree as he had observed.

"Now if you don't mind I'll be on my way" she tried to act cool and walk away, but she could tell he wasn't buying it, well drastic times call for drastic measures she thought. "ok here's the deal, whatever the police reports say, someone was murdered today" she glanced over at the boy he looked uneasy "and if I don't do anything this will all blow over and no one will care come tomorrow. I need to get inside and look for evidence" now he looks really uneasy. "Look I know this sounds crazy, and you must think I'm wishing for a death threat. But I just want justice, this whole situation is just wrong. So please you have to stop following me Mysterious boy" the boy once again rolled his eyes. "okay, OKAY you drive a hard bargain but if you agree to leave me alone I'll throw in a couple of chocolates" Leslie dug though her bag until she produced a small candy bar and a Hersey kiss

"I'm not bribed," Tom replied, crossing his arms. He ignored the nickname quietly, not wanting to cause an argument. "Besides, I want to help." He looked around. He knew exactly what she meant. "If that's okay." He hoped he wasn't being too forward.

"Whoa really, This changes are whole dynamic!" Leslie stuffed her candy back in her bag. "Alright if you're really in mystery boy, I have a plan." I crack my hands in that really cool way heros do before they do anything, and begin to explain."We can't be seen entering the crime scene, so we'll enter through the camera's blind spot. From there it should be easy enough to sneak around the investigators and gather evidence to support my hypothesis. Quick note we can't touch anything, they'll blame us of tampering with the evidence and it'll all goes downhill from there. All the evidence we get will be through pictures." I look up to the mysterious boy who despite it all looked pretty confident "oh and by the way my name is Leslie, it's a pleasure to meet you" I smiled at that last part
@OlympusBlood

"Tom," he replied. "But we could just disable the security system." He decided that was easier than sneaking around. "I mean, hack it and shut it down." He had tampered at computers for a while. Finally it came in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.