The Dark Depths (Subterranean Medieval RP)

Lurcolm

Resident Biopunk Enthusiast
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, medieval, scifi, romance and action!

ALL THE -PUNK GENRES
Alright, so this is a bit out of my normal RP zones.

First of which, I've got most of the general lore down to pat. It's not something I do, and it's not something a lot of people enjoy. Based on that fact, I'm dumping it right in front of this form so people can see it, absorb this information, and either leave before they're upset about it in the long run, or work with me on this.

So the idea has been stewing in my head for a long as fuck time. Essentially the sun started to flare up dramatically, with humanity diving down into the subterranean depths to survive. There, instead of quite predictably dying, they discover something akin to the Hallow Earth theory, where there's this entire biosphere deep underground.

The basis of this ecosystem is a sort of "Oasis" system. Geothermal vents underground, where fungal trees eat the heat of magma and the steam to produce starch, and thus an ecosystem forms. WIth a mostly fungal source of plant life and arthropods as the large animal kingdom.

Now, I'm still headcanonning all the dobs and doodads, but the main theme is perpetual darkness, lack of life, and cities spread wide and far between.

The main setting is savage lands, where there's no real resources besides animal life. The population is savage, primitive, and brutal. From the thick fungal groves in the oasis, the the barren life in the wasteland beyond.

What this place has, is high quality bug life. Traders from more civilized lands, having things like iron or gold, go to these lands to trade in high quality chitin plates and silk, the top two animal resources (besides bug meat).

Originally, I planned this to be a romance, between my character, a savage male from this brutal land, and my partner's character being a civilized trader's daughter, exploring the lands where her father makes his fortune.

I'll take other ideas, of course, but I'd really appreciate the romance plot :3

I... don't really know what to say other than I'm not really keen on magic. Maybe vague magic handwaving, but I seriously want this to be as realistic as I can get with the current world complication

EDIT: PM if you're interested:3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BookDragon
Oh my gosh this sounds really amazing! I am looking for a serious roleplay to jump in and really dig deep with a character. I love playing romance and danger!

Where do I sign up? :)

Oh my gosh this sounds really amazing! I am looking for a serious roleplay to jump in and really dig deep with a character. I love playing romance and danger!

Where do I sign up? :)
Sweet! I'll pm you

I'm still looking!