The Cursed Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkyBarrier212

Original poster
Hello, Internet roleplayers! My name is AnimeOtakuGirl8477 and I wish to roleplay the plot below

"In the year 2021, mankind was brought to its knees by the spread of Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within Monoliths, which are created from Varanium: a metal that is able to keep back of Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it, which gives them superhuman abilities, are discovered. Civil Securities are formed to specialize fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of Clients, who are cursed children, and a Contractor, serving to lead the cursed children and keep them at bay."

The quote above is from Wikipedia's "Black Bullet"

For this plot here, you must be able to roleplay multiple characters to be able to keep the storyline going. I don't know yet if I want to roleplay in a group or just one on one with somebody else... But I'll leave that to you for your decision I guess. The only thing I ask is for there to be good spelling and grammer, and no god-modding too! Well that's all, if you're interested, please drop a comment my way~

Last edited by a moderator:
slightly confused - are they hunting the children or using the children to hunt gastrea? Also isn't the super power thing kinda reduntant if they're inside buildings that negates it?

Using the children to hunt gastrea, but there are certain people in the world that resent these children, and that doesn't neccarrily mean that certain gastrea can't overcome the varanium in the walls, and sorry if it was confusing xD

no problem. Also what kind of super powers are we talking about? Like flight and super strength or weird stuff that wouldn't be useful in direct combat but would be awesome if used properly, like being able to merge with walls.

As your imagination desires or can come up with xD but it has to be a minimum of four, don't wanna make them too overpowered you know

ddo you mean maximum of four? Also can I make an insane character? Insane characters are pretty much the only thing i can think of atm. Not sure why.

Yeah that, I always get them mixed up for some reason... Yeah you an make an insane character, honestly I always thought their personality's were interesting xD

@AnimeOtakuGirl8477

Hi there! Since this RP is based on the light novel/manga/anime Black Bullet, I'll be moving this roleplay to our Fandom section. All roleplays using the settings or characters from copyrighted material go there.

However, it's also caught my notice that your plot synopsis is nearly word for word a match for the Wikipedia entry:

Wikipedia said:
In the year 2021, mankind was decimated by the epidemic of Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within Monoliths, which are created from Varanium: a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it, which gives them superhuman abilities, are discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children.

I cannot find whether the Wikipedia entry is quoting another source, but if you're going to use it, you need to clearly credit either Wikipedia or your source for the synopsis. Changing one or two words does not make the writing your own; it's plagiarism to present it as such. I am concerned that you not only did not place this roleplay in the proper section nor mention that it is based upon copyrighted material, but you used someone else's words without credit and with minor changes.

I hope this is merely a misunderstanding and that you will edit your post accordingly. Thanks.

@AnimeOtakuGirl8477

Hi there! Since this RP is based on the light novel/manga/anime Black Bullet, I'll be moving this roleplay to our Fandom section. All roleplays using the settings or characters from copyrighted material go there.

However, it's also caught my notice that your plot synopsis is nearly word for word a match for the Wikipedia entry:

I cannot find whether the Wikipedia entry is quoting another source, but if you're going to use it, you need to clearly credit either Wikipedia or your source for the synopsis. Changing one or two words does not make the writing your own; it's plagiarism to present it as such. I am concerned that you not only did not place this roleplay in the proper section nor mention that it is based upon copyrighted material, but you used someone else's words without credit and with minor changes.

I hope this is merely a misunderstanding and that you will edit your post accordingly. Thanks.

Oops sorry about that, I think I forgot to do just that... Even if I did change up the words a bit, I edited the post if its ok now

Yep, you're good to go now. :]

Just changing one or two words is still plagiarism, yes! Even if you reorder most of the words around, this is called "paraphrasing" and can still qualify as plagiarism.

Here is a very informative site about what constitutes plagiarism, which will hopefully help you to avoid this situation in the future!

hmm interesting that they can only be female. Now I want to find a way to alter genes to give powers...

I'm incredibly interested, having watched Black Bullet :o

Definitely Interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.