The Curse of the Wounded King

*sits with her hands bound, waiting for someone to assume she is an innocent* -_- I'm going to miss out on all the action...

At least you're conscious.

*kicks Marrow*

Is that who we are waiting for? *helps attack Marrow* Wake up you lazy beast! :P

No, we were waiting for Juliet.

*ties the contortionist up like a balloon animal and punts her into the trees*

*follows Asmo like a drone, cheering as he made a funny* Good one boss! you tell'em *wickedly annoying minion laugh*

Brill: Run and reconvene! I'll heroically distract them!

Tristan and company: CHARGE INTO SUPERIOR FORCES!

It's like we're led by a man without any combat experi- oh.

>.< *jumps over to Jack's side, crossing her arms and yowling* OOOO SNAP! You tell'em!

Tiger girl made me do it.

-tries to untie her character-

Sorry! Distracted by a paper for school. I'll be posting way more now.

And Xavier stupendously finds a dumb way to give himself away. And yeah what is with everyone attacking now, I mean honestly all I wanted to do was spy on them you guys, and then you pushed me. Pushed me into firing at the enemy, and now they are going to run for me, and try to mutilate me, and I will have to escape somehow.

By the way if we all survive and I figure out about Tristan not knowing how to use a weapon, I am going to slap him so hard..

Okay, crossed wires here.

The villagers are being killed one by one. I assumed there was a sense of urgency. But now the consensus is that we should have been running away.

I know you guys don't actually KNOW that the slaves are being killed blah blah blah - you don't need to tell me that. But still. I got the feeling that Brill was leading the 20 away so that we could storm the camp. Yes, it's stupid to think that, but what else was the point? Were we going to get ourselves captured one by one then beat the 50 assembled barbarians to death with our hands tied? And why did he assume that they would capture him? They're clearly just gonna chop his head off. Did he still intend for us to draw the barbarians out and burn the field (which is suddenly dry now despite me saying we're travelling through marshland), or was this a change of plan? And why did he say "meet beyond the trees"? Was he planning to lead the 20 barbarians there, so we could all attack them?

Then Xavier went to the camp, and Kendrick, despite what Brill had said, seemed uncertain if we were advancing or retreating, and then Arlette and Juliet started tooling up for a fight. And Tristan's motivation is to save the villagers before they're all butchered.

And as a GM, I wanted to get the plot moving and not have us all running around like headless chickens.

So... I need your votes here. If you all think it's ridiculous for us to be charging the camp, we should agree to edit our posts and have ourselves scattering instead.

Vote now.

*pauses the TV screen*

Brill figured they'd be looking for Tristan. Murder a city, looking for important thing Tristan had= distraction so they can reconvene. I assumed that the pass was past the marshlands. The pictures seemed to be rocky, which seemed dryer. That was a miscommunication. It isn't that we don't want to go and attack the vastly superior barbarian force, it's that, realistically, we'd all die.

Scattering, especially for mercenaries that have been with your character for...a day or so seemed logical. We don't have time to form 'fuck yeah' bonds of friendship and camaraderie. Brill was acting on righteous impulse and probably will regret that decision. Sure, he may get murdered, but he's betting they were after Tristan and his people for a reason and he'll be alive for at least a little while. He wanted people to meet at a landmark they passed so you can come up with some plan to assault a force of fifty men with eight and a tiger.

Personally, I think you may have stacked the odds a little high for us at this stage of the game. I personally want to storm in there like a badass...but you said this was Game of Thrones esque which means no radial legendary swordsmanship and incredible illogical odds. Unless we have cavalry about to spring from the stones like Raiders of the Lost Arc, we CANNOT logically win.

Unless these barbarians stab half of their number for us.

Not to be insulting, it's just how I feel. Fifty is too great a number. I'd suggest nerfoing it to thirty of the hillfolk and ten or fifteen after Brill. That way you're still running into a probable suicide that you're pretty outnumbered, but at least there's a bare glimmer of hope that an unconscious barbarian, your untrained healer, a wild animal, an untrained monk, three rogue characters, and one warrior can hack your way through them all without any casualties.

Otherwise the only logical option is to flee. As soon as the twenty chasing Brill hear their camp is under attack it will take them not but a few mins to get there. I just don't see the semi-suicidal desire to save people we (save you and Juliette) don't know are in danger.

Basically what Jack just said. I did some bad reading originally and thought that much more of the barbarians (like at least 30 or more) had left, not 20. It comes off more like a sacrifice play just so they survive rather than lose immediately.

My vote on this topic doesn't much help since i'm tied up and somewhat protected with Lady Shiv. :/ if I were on the outside though, I would have to agree with Jack. I think this early on in the game, that is a very difficult obsticle to climb.

It would be very easy to say that the Barbarians numbers were limited and the only ones left in the camp were the Chieftain, Lady Shiv, Prianne and a handfull of guards. If all of the champions (let's say 20 for example) were to go after the group, then 10 of them chase after Brill-the chances are much better of everyone surviving or succeeding.

Even if it is only 10 Barbarians coming at them, the team is not well coordinated or trained (at all) so it would still be difficult.

Also, I could finagle a way to bring Marduk into the picture, he is a warhorse after all... purhaps that is a way that Prianne can help them without actually leaving the camp.

*returns from a board meeting with the Plot Monster*

Right.

*crackles knuckles*

Time to fix this.

*Rubs Asmo's shoulders in the most non-creepy way possible*

Go gettum' champ.

Okay, there we go. Chaos is sown.

Oh. What's that about druids?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Q8hAb230OE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh shit. And here I am getting a one on one with the big man himself. o.o *pees a little*