The Curse of the Wounded King

It was for future development; I can't imagine the group fairing well against a group of baddies right now either. :)

By the time the group gets the first item, I will have my main character in play, so we will have to see how it pans out.

They'll be some villains revealed towards the end of this chapter. So if anyone wants to take them over, we can discuss it then.

Sorry for the long post. Powerful emotions when leaving your home village, plus travel and timeskip, makes Asmo a dull GM.

So, riddle me this: how do nine mercenaries and a tiger take on 50+ barbarians?

Idk. The only thing that comes to my mind would be that Marrow's not the only one of his tribe disturbed by his chieftain's recent behavior, and perhaps there's a way to exploit that and keep the bulk of them out of the fight. But somehow, I doubt that'll work great...? (I mean, I doubt even the potential dissenters would be interested in just surrendering the women to a band of random warriors, women, and a tiger...)

Apothecaries usually know both the healing and damaging properties of plants, though, and I've read some stories that involved herbs that, when burned, produced a smoke that made the enemy drowsy/knocked them out?

We give Tristan a drug so he can hallucinate saving his people...then move on

...and then he disbands the fellowship because he has no other motivation.

ROLEPLAY ENDS.

Where exactly are the majority of the women and children being kept? If they're somewhere seperate from the main group of the barbarians, they could try to be sneaky and get as many of them started on the way back to their village as possible before being noticed. Or wait and watch for a better opportunity to strike, like, idk, when the barbarians are mostly asleep or something.

D: No! That cannot happen! I wish I was able to help in some way- but I am stuck waiting for my character to be introduced! O.O HEY ASMO! *arm waggle* what if Prianne gets herself into trouble with the barbarians as she's stalking Tristan and the group? Or would she not be going that way?

It's just one more person to add to the fight, and she would run from Tristan after the battle ( injured) so he could be boggled about who she is....

With the rocks in the way we can't see where the prisoners are right now. We have to get closer.

Esthalia, maybe a hunting party grabs you while you're spying on us, then drags you to the camp?

I can introduce your employer if you do.

alright! sounds great! I'll get working on a post now!! :)

There is no way to take down 50 or more barbarians with our number. None. Not unless we bend the laws of reality. I have a post with a plan saved. I'll post it up in just a second. It isn't the best plan, but honestly we have little choice. I'll warn that if we hung ho full out brawl with these guys, Brill won't stick around. :/. Trickery is the only way to get this done.

I kinda wish I could trust Marrow more...but that boy could just as soon sell us out as help :(

Mmmm, yeah, he's kinda ambivalent right now, doesn't quite care who wins. Though he would prefer that whichever outcome comes about, he's still alive to drink, fuck, and fight.

Looking forward to seeing this plan though.

I agree with Jack, I think tricking them is the best way to go. (they are stupid, smelly barbarians-after all) :P

Quick question: what did the barbarians take the women and children for? Sex? food? trade or all of the above?

I'm thinking Prianne will try and get the slip on them somehow clever, but i need to know for npc talk.

Edit: Obviously I mean the above in a way that she would still get her ass handed to her if Tristan and the gang weren't around- so the stuggle would be completely unrelated and come like a godsend to Prianne.

Quick question: what did the barbarians take the women and children for? Sex? food? trade or all of the above?
For the plot, Esthalia.... for the plot.

"If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing. And, if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

Well, Brill's plan is not the worst I've seen.

And remember... we have a contortionist.

alright, I will be working on the post as soon as i'm back from my appointment, sorry for the delay! :D

Small spaces needed to be crawled through? Or distraction needed? Call on Juliet.