The Curse of Salem[Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melon

Original poster
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]The [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Salem witch trials[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] were a series of hearings and prosecutions of people accused of witchcraft in colonial[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Massachusetts between February 1692 and May 1693. The trials resulted in the executions of twenty people, most of them women.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]
Salem_Village_Map_1692_WP_Upham_1856.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Salem was settled by puritans in 1628 and was the beginning of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. King Charles I granted the puritans a royal charter to colonize the area, but Charles II revoked this charter in 1684 after colonists violated several of the charter's rules. These violations included basing laws on religious beliefs, running an illegal mint and discriminating against Anglicans.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]The hysteria first began in January of 1692 when a group of girls, who later came to be known as the "afflicted[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] girls," fell ill after playing a fortune-telling game and began behaving strangely.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]In this RP, you have the choice to be one of the women/men that are acc[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]used, or to be one of the witch hunters.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Rules:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]-Follow all the basic rules[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]-There is a chance your character may die in the end, so please don't make them invincible[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]-There can be some romance, but don't make it the main focus[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]-BE DESCRIPTIVE[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b] Character Sheet:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Name:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Age:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Gender:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Personality:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Occupation: Farmer, Slave, banker, etc[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]History:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b]Other:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#0b0b0b](I will post my character once others join)[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: Kaz
Hi Melancholy
Are you planning on making this historically accurate or more fictional? Do you have a plot in mind, other than cat and mouse?

@Cahill I've been studying the trials for a while now, so I plan on making it mostly accurate. I'll PM you my full plot if that is alright.

Feel free. I'm always willing to give a read through of something interesting.

Is this in reference to the Salem Witch Trials? I'd love to join, if so. However, I can't read the introduction. :(

I meant there's black boxes in the introduction post and I can't see what's written there! D:

I'm afraid I'll have to cut this roleplay for now. I have way too many going on for me to keep up with which will contribute to my posts lagging and most of the time lacking in description because I'm trying to get all my roleplays replied too and have a lot of academic issues outside of the internet. If I feel I have time later on, I may rejoin, but for now I have too much going on to even properly contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.