The Curse of Salem [Interest Check]

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melon

Original poster
The Salem witch trials were a series of hearings and prosecutions of people accused of witchcraft in colonial Massachusetts between February 1692 and May 1693. The trials resulted in the executions of twenty people, most of them women.

Salem_Village_Map_1692_WP_Upham_1856.jpg

Salem was settled by puritans in 1628 and was the beginning of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. King Charles I granted the puritans a royal charter to colonize the area, but Charles II revoked this charter in 1684 after colonists violated several of the charter’s rules. These violations included basing laws on religious beliefs, running an illegal mint and discriminating against Anglicans.

The hysteria first began in January of 1692 when a group of girls, who later came to be known as the “afflicted girls,” fell ill after playing a fortune-telling game and began behaving strangely.

In this RP, you have the choice to be one of the women/men that are accused, or to be one of the witch hunters. Most of this RP will be fiction, saying you make your own characters, but there will be some historical elements in this as well.

I'm not fully done with this, I am just checking to see if anyone would be interested in this type of RP. Also, if you know a lot about the witch trials and are interested, it would be awesome if you helped me out with some certain things. ^,^

I'm interested and studied witchcraft in history in high school so i have quite a bit of knowledge and it was one of my easiest to remember and learn subjects. ^--^

Alright! I shall PM you then, so I can get a better idea on how this can be set up!

Status
Not open for further replies.