The Curse of Ellismire (Closed Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bitterblue

Original poster

QiXRvtzuxlP7TR9GyjDcyCWQ40rbIS5yMIc-VVWngC6wnqNP9N-ykCKgD2lLn0LEpjZcNNMjmFEfw_O1Z8B1hvYG0L-9HLmzJJ_0Y4J807wixJRDKPpzc-Jl5A

There is this wonderful land far away. A land full of magic. This land was filled with all sorts of wonderful creatures. From humans to dragons. You name it, you will likely find it here. This land, it is called Ellismire (El-is-MEER-eh). All who dwelt here were happy. They had all they ever needed. Good homes, friends, family, food, and almost everything else! Sure, this world has it's dangers, but doesn't every place?

Almost everyone got along in Ellismire, sure there was arguing and disagreements, but there were no wars, or battles for the throne. Ellismire has had peace for a century now, and the people are gathering to celebrate. Everyone is excited, cooking throwing parties and just generally having a good time!

That is, all except one. The evil 'queen' (not really a queen she just calls herself queen), is suffering from the loss of her husband. She blames all the people of Ellismire for abandoning her, and the death of Daniel. Zelena plotted something evil for the day of the celebration. She planned to rip all of them away from their happiness. She paid a wizard for this curse, a curse to rip them all from this land. Where she would be in charge. She was patient for just a bit longer.

There are multiple people working for Zelena and will do horrible things to people.

The evening of the celebration finally begun. People were dancing, laughing eating and having a good time. The 'mayor' of the village got up to make a speech. He talked about the ongoing peace the realm enjoyed. Talked of ways to continue that peace.

The mayor was interrupted by a shrill scream. The villager pointed to the north, a giant cloud of green was rushing towards them with great speed. It was obviously magic. Zelena had set loose her curse. People started to panic. Screaming, they all ran in different directions, away from the cloud.

The people of Ellismire could not outrun the magic, they all fell under the curse and would all be transported to modern day Earth. Zelena smiled. She enjoyed seeing the people suffer. They would all soon be in another world, a world without magic, or peace, or happiness. This would be her happy ending…

__________________________________________________________________________________

When the people are transported to Earth, the majority of them pop up in forested areas of the world, very very few will arrive in a city. The goal is for them to defeat Zelena, and find a way back home to Ellismere.

You can create an evil character, such as someone who works for Zelena. I would like probably 2 evil characters? But we need a majority of good people.
~~______________________________________________________________________________~~

Rules

1. Zelena is played by either Bitterblue or Kaldoro, as we are both the GM's of this RP.

2. You are allowed to create your own race/species

3. No godmodding. I believe everyone hates this.

4. Don't overdo the romance, nothing more than making out will be tolerated.

5. Keep cursing to a minimum please

6. Don't have an all powerful character, balance out the strengths and weaknesses

7. MAJOR plot twists are to be left to Bitterblue and Kaldoro, anything between the characters is fine.

8. Have fun! That's the point of Role playing isn't it?
__________________________________________________________________________________

Character Bio

Please fill out the following bio, you can be as vague as you want, or as detailed as you want. You can even add more to it if you want.

Name

Appearance (Picture)

Class (wizard, bard, warrior, etc.)

Race/Species

Personality

Strengths

Weaknesses

Brief Bio

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-27_15-30-4.jpeg
    upload_2014-2-27_15-30-4.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Characters
Good

Name

Max

Female

Appearance
Rf1u0D9Wb7sjUheIE-QrzBh6FSePRH9ki-HS0ISPfTt68V16YWW18qK3mXz3_ZjYxbLAn5DadIoPTT5-ou2FGeA2-DrnSBfeOYCHMp-8n7ZiF-mxR39xYby_1Q

(Only wings are not exactly that big)
nLlcX-JZ9cOPWx-6AKscIubFWTGw5gKIe2o0pP2WeIcD_B6t2Ypv83iwvtmvDAdTC0tOUpZw3Z0c_2s_qgppLLlXi6NHCI55tgDHKZZbER6SwUf6hXL2XUdKKg

Class

Warrior/witch (good kind)

Race/Species

Birdkid

Personality

Max is kind, generous, caring, big hearted, that is you would only know this if she let you know. She would often let you see what she wants you to see. She can get along well enough with people. The rest will become evident through RPing.

Strengths
Super good vision
Can fly super fast
really good fighter
Super strong
She can Breathe underwater
Good leader
Has mastered Magic
Survival - After spending most of her life having to survive, Max will never lose this skill.
Regenerative Healing - Like other birdkids, Max's wounds will heal three times faster than a normal human.

Weaknesses

Her good eyesight can sometimes mess with her depth perception, making her an extreme clutz.
Using magic drains her energy like crazy, so she only uses it as a last resort.
can be quite arrogant
Food - Needs to eat about three times as much as any human to keep her energy up.
LOVE-She loves Malik, and can't get him out of her head. Not a day goes by that she doesn't think of him.
Gets antsy in crowded spaces
Her wrist was injured and never set right, so it can limit the number of things she does from time to time
chip in her arm can be used as a tracker
Gets terrible headaches, to the point where she can't even function.
Brief Bio

Max is from the Maximum Ride series. If you want a detailed bio about her first 15 years of life, read those. Otherwise, enjoy Mowkie's much shorter version. (Mowkie's and my character kinda go together, and she gives a really good definition. Which is why our characters have similar strengths and weaknesses)
Max is 2% avian and 98% human. She grew up in a lab. At an early age, the scientists put a chip in her right arm, the purpose of it hasn't been seen yet. The scientists (whitecoats) experimented on her, and the nightmares still haunt her. There were 5 other kids just like her, wings and all, they all managed to escape. They were family. One night, the flock was attacked by a group of Erasers. All but Max and Malik were killed. Ever since, Max and Malik had gone their separate ways, Max not able to look at Malik without remembering the pain at the loss of their family.

Name
Varen
Appearance (Picture)
Hide Spoiler
ao-cc-bow-male-jpg.26515

Class
Archer/Fighter
Race/Species
Night Elve
Personality
silent, nature focused, short tempered
Strengths
Fast Reactions, good aim, fast movements, able to survive without much technology and different kinds of arrows (poisonous, with a rope)
Weaknesses
when exposed to pure light or the sun all his skills suffer from it, also relies mainly on his bow, not a strong fighter in close combat.
Brief Bio
Varen is a night elve one of the people that prefer living in the forest and dislike company. He is known even in his ranks for being interested in preserving the forest and all the animals living in it, his time to hunt when he has to is at night, like most night elves he dislikes the sun and any major source of light.
The bow is his weapon of choice and living with the nature he learned many ways to use the natural resources to improve his weapons such as poison which is one of his best weapons for targets that he attacks from afar.
Varens weapon is bow made of two one handers that his father used to wield has his weapon of choice, when his father passed away the weapons were forged together by magic and strengthened with it, they won't break easily, yet aren't indestructible.
For the first time in years, he and his kind left the forest to visit the festival which was known almost everywhere, even if they preferred to keep their distance to others races, they would not want to miss this, which is why Varen was one of the first to be caught by the curse.

Name
Malik
Appearance
Fallen_Angel_by_taylahbob.jpg

*Note: Wings are panther black that seem to have shimmers of dark purple; eyes are also dark, but color isn't really known. Pale complexion and strong build, standing just over 6' 7" and weighing around 110 pounds (hollow bones, baby!)*
Class
Druid/Warrior (of a sort)
*Has a natural affinity to Hawks*
Race/Species
"Birdkid"
Personality
Malik is the epitamy of awkward, unsure of how to really express his feelings. He is tall, dark, and brooding, always lost in his own thoughts unless around Max. Max is the only person that brings out his feelings - that's the way it's always been. Though when Max is around, he takes up second command, he is a natural born leader, able to take up the spot when she isn't there. Though he is hard to communicate with, Malik knows where his loyalties lie, and once you are a friend, you are a friend for life.
Strengths
Camouflage - If Malik stands completely still for about 30 seconds, he'll fade into his surroundings, unseen.
Strength - Like Max, Malik can whip-up on some easy foes, having twice the strength of a normal human being.
Raptor Vision - Extreme eye sight allows for him to see far as well as, to a certain degree, at night.
Flight - Um...wings...hello?
Survival - After spending most of his life having to survive, Malik will never lose this skill.
Regenerative Healing - Like other birdkids, Malik's wounds will heal three times faster than a normal human.
Animal Affinity - Malik's trained eye can study and witness the world around him from a different view, allowing him the ability to learn from nature a lot faster than anyone else and use it to his advantage.
Blood- Malik's blood is the key to immortality. This makes him a little harder to kill than it would normally.
Weaknesses
Food - Because of his strange mixture, Malik requires at least 3,000 calories per day, if not more, meaning he needs food...and a lot of it.
Silence - Malik doesn't know how to talk to people very well. Actually, for the most part, he won't talk at all unless only around Max.
Crowds/Enclosed Spaces - Don't trap this guy...it won't end well for anyone.
Death - He died once...it doesn't seem to really affect him, but his heart is now set at an erratic pace.
Love - His love for Max rises above all else, to the point that he will give up everything else if her life is on the line, always willing to give himself up for the sake of her.
Brief Bio
Malik is Fang from the Maximum Ride series. If you want a detailed bio about his first 15 years of life, read those. Otherwise, enjoy my much shorter version.
Malik is the result of an embryo whose DNA is twisted to contain only 98% human and 2% avian, the second of six total kids. His life from the beginning was a life of horror, growing up in a dog crate - one that was too small for him - beside Max. At the age of twelve, he and the others were broken from what they knew as "The School," and went to live with a former "whitecoat" for three years (the whitecoat supposedly died a year before). At the three-year mark, all hell broke loose. It was then that the story of Maximum Ride began...her quest to save the world. Throughout a year, the flock would kick Eraser ass, defeat whitecoats, and suffer through some of the worst imaginable pain...but during that year, Malik finally realized his love for Max....to the point that he actually had to leave her for a while. In the end, the world as they knew it changed, but they managed to survive...at least at that point...
But the whitecoats weren't finished, and at their weakest point, they attacked with their newest versions of Erasers...there was no way they could have all survived...and before he knew it, Malik had lost all of the flock but Max...the younger ones weren't so lucky. Like Max, Malik loved those kids...they had grown up strong and intelligent, and though Angel was still a bit....off...he still loved her. After that night, Max made the decision to break it off between her and Malik. As usual, he remained silent, not fighting her, just flying away, knowing not if he would ever see her again.
His time in this world has been a lonely one. He spent much of it with a flock of large hawks, growing accustomed to their lifestyle. Every day since that night, he's missed Max...but damned if he's mentioned it.

Name

Dylan

….it's complicated.

Male

Appearance (Picture)
gm96QQBTh_9ZCoH-gxCPOQPLHKZbZLBemU03d6xTJkT3SgT1-KUcslDbi-nU7Q6y0YDpqAS45b-MTX6rUJVm3jBQL29SWbmIGMdgopl2i0f7AMFnkGeOt25isj3aGw

Fighter

Race/Species

Birdkid

Personality

Persistent, loyal, kind, funny
  • STRENGTHS​
  • flight

• good eyesight

• knows how to fight

• knows how to survive

• fast healing
Weaknesses
  • food (has to eat about 4 times as much as a normal human)

• LOVE- he is desperately in love with Max. It was literally programmed into him. He will sacrifce everything for her

• comes off as overconfident

• talks a lot
  • Bad at leading
Brief Bio
Like Max and Malik, Dylan was a test tube baby. He has wings similar to the shades of Max's. The only thing is, Dylan is the most recent of the birdkids. He was 'created' about 5 years ago, when he it was literally programed into him to love Max. He is literally, Max's perfect other half, engineerically. He is in love with her from day one. But it was also a trap, to get Max to fall for him and play into the whitecoats hands.

But he was rejected. When Dylan kept pushing, Max kept refusing. Due to series of events, Dylan was forced to leave. He made half of the decision on his own because he kept getting hurt, and it wasn't like he enjoyed seeing her and Malik together...only wounded him further. He still protects her, or he likes to think he does, from afar. He tries to take care of any dangers to her where he is, like following up on the erasers, and Darvian, who had managed to kill most of the flock, save himself, Max and Malik. He has an amazing singing voice. He can mimic people perfectly

Name: Louis Steinowitz

Appearance:
Inside-llewyn-davis.jpg

Class: Bard

Race/Species: Jewish Caucasian Human

Personality: An outgoing young man with a desire to be a bluegrass musician, and a dream of making it big somewhere, somehow.

Strengths: An excellent musician, and has a good heart.

Weaknesses: Not particularly smart, completely broke.

Brief Bio: Louis was raised the child of Ethel and Marty Steinowitz, a Jewish couple from New York City. Louis always dreamed of making it big as a bluegrass singer, but never really made it. However, recently, Louis began researching into ancient eldritch magicks to supplement his musical talents... And maybe make some quick cash.

Evil/Good
Name: Demiel Arenos
Appearance:
Class: Magician (Elven Style)
Race/Species: Woodland Elf
Personality: I do not prefer to be close to people, yet I am not going to sit here and isolate myself from those who I need to survive. I wish though that I could more easily be friendly, yet right now you've most likely noticed I do not have an immediate trust of people or creatures. If I could, it would be much easier for me. I wish now that I was more easily able to tell what was going on in my life, yet we elves are ones of few words.
Strengths: I am an incredible archer, much like my race. I am a tactical planner and tend to think in waht humans call 'linearly'. I also prefer to do a little bit of work in the field of inventing, and I do prefer to use a small sword from time to time.
Weaknesses: I do not fare well against magic users, yet I can hold up my own against lower levels. I am weak against potoins and usually cannot hold my own against those who are able to get closer enough. Loud noises are also a distraction.
Brief Bio: I was born to both Arena and Gledown of Yendra, the lovely city of the Anona River. The small life we lived was accented when I managed to master my own magic, and thus was sent into the world to learn more about what this land was. Soon, I found myself living near the 'Queen' and becoming a craftswoman. After this happened, I was then transported off itno another part of hte city, about the same day taht the cloud happened. Once that event happened, I tried to go to kill the queen, yet the bow was not useful among the fleeing crowds. I was lost with them and now am residing within this starnge and hopless world...

Evil (CLOSED, we need good chars)
Name

Zelena

Female

Appearance (Picture)
m8NPFzw5PHF0BVBVPwp53Y3FjIF9ilIZGDhrkeKWohQ0ywz0wCG7UIR94r98vHhM2_DopBGFn73RZn7JFAIVHgFxbg932BZDGDAfdQ14xU_SI0RRcxiBTZ-jpw
lK7a8ijj8gHgTtFVakDyG1uhVEd-4V7JNWh31o30pDlX3wX_WILJg_gnEvH1ls_949VjjPRctfbaUfyvz0k2WX3Io_NYpEHVrIJPh28fLVfTLPeLfwGadPCFWA

(Yes, to all you Merlin fans, I am using Morgana :P)

Witch

Race/Species

Human

Personality

Zelena is the most powerful sorceress around, and not afraid to show it. The rest will be RPed out.

Strengths

To be RPed

Weaknesses

To be RPed

Brief Bio

Everyone says Ellismire is safe, happy, and amazing. Zelena knows differently. Her husband was murdered 8 years ago. Most people think it was an accident, but she knew it wasn't. She has been angry ever since. She started practicing the dark magic soon after. Because of this, she was shunned. Now she is a master of the dark arts. She hopes on destroying all peoples happiness as hers was destroyed.

Name: Azmere

Appearance:
http://ubermonster.deviantart.com/a...196058826#/art/Ranger-309088930?_sid=1875109c

Class: Scout/Ranger

Race/Species: Elf

Personality: loner, mischievous, demented, tormented, broken

Strengths: fast, observant, skilled with ranged weapons and daggers, clever, awesome campfire cook

Weaknesses: small, arrogant, occasional bouts of conscience, inferiority complex

Name: Darvian Tavish

Appearance (Picture):
sky-pirate-draconian.png
Class:Warrior

Race/Species: Draconian

Personality: Loyal, Helpful, Confident,Agressive. A good enforcer of laws

Strengths: Strength, Two-handed, constitution.

Weaknesses: Speech, Dexterity, and Perception

Brief Bio: Darvian lives to serve under Zelena, for she was the one who him. Found as a dying dragonling on a path, she nursed him back to health and gave him the magic to be a better type of dragon. when he grew up, he decided to work forever in her servitude in order to repay for what she had did. He carried out her plans and put them into action. whether it was gathering supplies, defending something, or killing people. Darvian gained quite the reputation as her personal enforcer and became a general threat to Ellismire, and he too, became huge to the side of evil, and eventually became a general of her army, and was able to enforce and carry out orders more efficiently. His most notorious campaign was when he and his army was sent to kill a group of Birdkind. They managed to kill most of them, except for two, Max and Malik. He, like them, can fly, and even has better strength than them, but they outsmarted him, and escaped.

But hey! on the bright side, evil has those free hot wings!!!!

Name
Varen
Appearance (Picture)
ao-cc-bow-male.jpg
Class
Archer/Fighter
Race/Species
Night Elve
Personality
silent, nature focused, short tempered
Strengths
Fast Reactions, good aim, fast movements, able to survive without much technology and different kinds of arrows (poisonous, with a rope)
Weaknesses
when exposed to pure light or the sun all his skills suffer from it, also relies mainly on his bow, not a strong fighter in close combat.
Brief Bio
Varen is a night elve one of the people that prefer living in the forest and dislike company. He is known even in his ranks for being interested in preserving the forest and all the animals living in it, his time to hunt when he has to is at night, like most night elves he dislikes the sun and any major source of light.
The bow is his weapon of choice and living with the nature he learned many ways to use the natural resources to improve his weapons such as poison which is one of his best weapons for targets that he attacks from afar.
Varens weapon is bow made of two one handers that his father used to wield has his weapon of choice, when his father passed away the weapons were forged together by magic and strengthened with it, they won't break easily, yet aren't indestructible.
For the first time in years, he and his kind left the forest to visit the festival which was known almost everywhere, even if they preferred to keep their distance to others races, they would not want to miss this, which is why Varen was one of the first to be caught by the curse.

Last edited:
Reserved! I would have taken my time with this but I saw that there was limited spaces and this sounds amazing.

Also, I see @Bitterblue your char is heavily based off of Maximum Ride :D Just a question then, if the land was filled with peace and happiness, doesn't genetic experimentation kinda detract from this point? Also I imagined Ellismire to have up to like 1400 tech.

I'm also hoping that the Eraser attack and all but 2 getting killed isn't what happens cos I liked those characters and I haven't had the chance to read the last 2 books yet..

Name: Serei Kithyin

Appearance:
34757-bigthumbnail.jpg

Class: Moonweaver

Race/Species: Faerie

Personality: Impish and mischievous, curious, but also intelligent. Has no regard for law, but understands that disturbing peace is a very bad idea.

Strengths: small and light, agile and fast. Also intelligent.

Weaknesses: small and light, very fragile structure.

Brief Bio: In Ellismire, Serei was one of a clique of faeries known as the Mistbind. They created odd elementals and constructs out of mist and moonlight, including many magical catalysts and receptacles.

Last edited:
OMG YOU READ THEM!!!!! (i took some liberty with them. As you know Max isn't kind and generous. :P) Bahaha SPOILERS! Well, like I said there are dangers. :P I should edit it some, saying there was a corner of Ellismire that isn't good..

K then. Wait that means angel dies too! but shes a psychic that doesnt make sense... Anyway, anything I need to add to my CS?

Well, I took EXTREME liberty with the story, remember that. I changed it so I wouldn't have to play all the members of the flock :P (Dude, Angel's just become plain annoying. Man I wish she died!) It looks good, but if you want you can make it more detailed and I could add it to the CS on the sheet? You said you rushed it, if you wanted more depth that's perfectly fine! :)

Character Bio

Name: Jauna

Appearance (Picture): upload_2014-2-28_9-2-53.jpeg

Class (wizard, bard, warrior, etc.): Warrior

Race/Species: Shape Shifter (changes into Wolf)

Personality: Once a task is set, that is all she thinks about. It takes a lot to get her distracted from what she needs to do. If there is no task at hand, she simply devotes her time tending to the creatures of the forest, longing to feel happiness again. Once she knows you can be trusted, she is there for you all the way. Faithful friend to the end.

Strengths: Once changed, she can tear into a giant's flesh with one swipe of her claw. As a human or normal self, calling to the guides for help for anyone who asks is her gift.

Weaknesses: Once you get on her bad side, it is hard to gain her trust back. Also has a love for sweets. :) If she stays a wolf too long, she begins to think and act more like a wolf than a human.

Brief Bio: Jauna was always a carefree, loving child. Even though she couldn't always control her shape shifting skills, nobody in Ellismire made fun of her or called her names. Life was just as tranquil and amazing as you could think. But once the curse came upon them all, Jauna became disconnected from her friends and into a lonely part of the world. Still living in forests, Jauna is careful not to take anyone easily into consideration for fear they are working with the Evil Queen. If you prove you are willing to fight, Jauna is right there with you!

@Illumenate Can you add one more weakness? A physical weakness to somehow balance the strength? Other than that, it looks great! :)

I would like at least one person to create someone working for Zelena? Is that too much?

I could possibly create two characters, if no one wants to create one to join her.

Hehe I edited that into the main post. :P You could, that would be interesting. :)

Hah I'm naturally evil :D I was gonna make one anyway but ive already claimed my spot now so I can wait for inspiration :P

you can create more than one character if you want ^-^

Ah, why the heck not. I need more RPs here anyway. Reserve me for a nasty evil villain :)

Seriously considering renaming the evil witch Morgana....just because she was awesome in Merlin. :P

If you're going to use Morgana then use the real one not the Merlin interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.