Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

The Cult of Thieves

Information is power, and power is easily acquired. It can be bought, inherited, or even sold for the right price.

To that, money is the catalyst for power. It is the universal tangibility to denote status.

Weapons are the tools that power uses be it inanimate or living. Evidence riddles the land in more ways than darkness.

All of these things are visible. Tangible. But there is something far more valuable: invisibility.

A count may fall prey to the sifting of grain slipping from their grasp, their power lost.

A duke may find his purse featherlight with the disappearance of coin.

A dull blade in the hands of the oppressors cannot cut through flesh nor uprising.

We are the stick that stirs the pot; the whispers that form cohesion. We are the shift in the peripheral and the unsolved upon the mind.

We are The Cult of Thieves.

Plot

Faledrin has always been cast to the wayside. It was a sorry pock upon the glittering face of the Allied Kingdoms. Were it not for their expert whalers, they would have very little importance. Fallenites look to their king with quiet disdain as the gap between the rich and the poor broadens. What little farmland they had was picked dry each harvest with far too little in return for the labor. The people had to choose between suffering or rising up in retort.

The capital of Windfeld rested upon the crest of the Glassy Sea; a port town that expanded to house the nobility among the royal house. They separate themselves from the common miscreants that poured through the ports by a guarded wall. And while the common citizen toiled through their work and drank away their sorrows, whispers grew within the city's underbelly. The Cult of Thieves had finally heard the cries of Faledren.

Known for more than just common criminality, the Cult of Thieves is more rumored to be for the people. Their activity rises during Faledren's darkest days, often working against the rich to provide for the poor. While no one knows of its members, they are revered as heroes, at least among the commoners. They are the bane of nobility and the saviors of the common citizen. No one often witnesses them at work, for most of it is expertly performed without the slightest hint until the morning when tables have turned.

Those within the Cult of Thieves are few, but they know their anonymity is critical. An uprising is in order as the rich grow fat on the spoils of the poor. And perhaps it is time to focus efforts on the greater concern: he who wears the crown.

OOC

This roleplay takes place in a fantasy setting having themes of espionage, assassinations, and criminality. The setting is within my current expansive world of the Ascender Chronicles, but no prior knowledge is required to join this roleplay. Your PC will be an established member of The Cult of Thieves at the start of the roleplay. While their title suggests petty theft, their thievery is in more than just lining their pockets. They can take gold or lives or livestock. Whatever the job may be in the realm of their expertise. There will be more details as the roleplay is opened for character submissions.

While non-magical humans are the focus, I may allow a magical character or two in a case by case basis. Knowledge of lore will be necessary if one wishes to expand outside of a human role, and it must be discussed with me in private before a CS is created.

I am looking for detail oriented roleplayers who can expand creatively within their posts. Three paragraph minimum. Players must be willing to write their characters realistically as well as consider character development from start to finish. Please consider your real life schedule and whether or not you can handle taking on this roleplay. Minimum one post per week.

I will notify all interested parties when the CS submission page is open.

I WILL NOT allow excessive gore, needless violence, or unnecessary sexual themes or undertones. Evil characters won't fit in the setting, either.

Please post here or PM me if you have any interest or questions regarding this roleplay.

Awesome! Head on over to the OOC and sign ups to submit a CS if you'd like!

Hey, this seems really interesting. Could I possibly join?

Status
Not open for further replies.