The Cult of the Blackened Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trivak arched an eyebrow at Kalista. "Where? I suppose right here. I don't know where we would go, except for the fact that I have work to finish, so the basement would be where I will be going. Perhaps you could be of some assistance, should you wish to help." Trivak really needed to get it done, especially since the Nether beasts were getting restless. Although it wouldn't be long until their howling would cease.

Ronin made his way up the small dirt path to the estate of one "Trivak Grislac". According to the villagers in town he was the most apt person pertaining to control of one's mind, citing many dark creatures the sorcerer had under his control. He had just arrived over the crest of a hill and looked upon the dark tower. He smiled and continued his walk, hands inside his sleeves, making him look like an old monk of some divinity. His ears couldn't help but pick up the sounds of howling as he crossed the invisible border. Surely those aren't Nether Hounds he thought with excitement. His smile grew bigger as he realized he had come to the right place.

Once more Trivak was alerted to the presence of someone on his grounds. 'For the sake of the fallen angel...' he thought with irritation. Of all the years he had lived here, never had so many people dared to encroach on his land. Maybe the omens were right and something big was building up. He wasn't sure, but whatever the case was, this guy better have a good reason. Trivak let out a sigh, "Maybe I won't be getting any work done at all." The Nether beasts were getting restless, and when they got restless, the cries picked up, which could be somewhat annoying. "Come Herot, we need to see who our next guest is." the bat screeched approval and they made their way to the roof of the main tower of the estate, where he could see a figure making it' way, having just crossed the border.

Ronin continued at his slow walk towards the tower. No doubt the owner knew of his presence. It mattered little. He had no ill intentions and was only seeking information. He only hoped that this "Trivak" didn't start shooting lightning bolts at him without so much as an introduction like the last sorcerer he had visited.

Trivak could see the figure coming closer and watched to see what he would do. The man's energy wasn't showing any signs of hostility, so Trivak wasn't to concerned about him. Herot hopped off of his shoulder and flew down to the man, with Trivak using his magic to see through the bat's eyes. He could see that the man was somewhat elderly, and had the look of a seasoned wanderer. He released his vision from Herot and waited for the man to come closer before he descended from the tower and met him halfway out on the open field.

Ronin noticed a figure in the distance, most likely his intended target or a familiar of his. All the same, he didn't speed up or slow down, but continued at his current pace. As he approached he removed his hood slowly and observed the human before him. "Greetings. I apologize for showing up unannounced. You wouldn't happen to be the legendary Trivak Grislac would you?" he asked with a friendly grin.

"Legendary? and here I thought I was living a humble quiet life." he said rhetorically. "Yes, I'm Trivak Grislac. And you would be?" He was highly curious as to why so many people were showing up within such a short amount of time, but then again, these people weren't from the village, as the villagers didn't dare go anywhere near his land, and dark rumors about him ran rampant like the plague. 'Apparently my reputation precedes me.' he thought lightheartedly to himself.

"Well... not legendary to the world, but legendary to the villagers just south of here," he muttered with a hint of a chuckle. "I'm Ronin Kantono. Honorary member of the Black Hand but don't worry if you don't like them, I rarely do anything on their behalf, and I don't even keep regular correspondence with any of it's members." At that he reached into his robes and pulled out a piece of parchment with a drawing of the local landscape. "I was given a map and a list of directions to your estate, from a man who said that you were an expert on mind control of lesser creatures."

Last edited by a moderator:
Trivak couldn't help but grin at the man as he spoke. 'All of a sudden, everyone wants my help, even men.' "Yes, I suppose you could call me an expert, although the creatures would certainly tell you other wise." If Ronin sought his help with mind control, then he must have some scheme of some sort planned, for one very rarely used mind control for good. It was true, however, that he had used a sort of mind control when he lured out the Nether Hounds for his own use.

"I don't care about other creatures," he said seriously. "You see I'm a bit of an expert myself and wanted to know if you'd be willing to exchange information. Dark arts are a bit.. frowned upon by common folk, as you no doubt know." Ronin had made this offer to many sorcerers throughout the land. Some welcomed him with open arms, others treated him with suspicion, and others turned him away there and then. Ronin didn't care. He had a very good old beggar impression that always got him enough money for a warm meal and a night in the local inn. It was just nicer to be among his own kind.

Trivak arched a curious eyebrow at the old man. "I see no harm in exchanging information I suppose." For years, the villagers had constantly come to his door in mobs, in attempts to drive him away, but they eventually learned that Trivak was not one to trifle with. All it took were a few dead bodies and the ignorant peasants eventually learned their place. "Come, If you are one who wishes to exchange information, then we can talk in the library." He now turned back towards his manor and started to walk, with Herot flying overhead.

Kalista walked over towards where the two were talking,the grass and plants wilting beneath her, Talon stood behind her. "Trivak, may I ask who this is?" Talon looked at the man. His body stood tall and proud behind Kalista.

"This man is Ronin Kantono. According to him, he is a brother in the dark arts, and he wishes to exchange information." If all he wanted was an information exchange, he had no problem with it, as it pleased him to no end to discuss his art with another of a like mind. He couldn't help but notice how Kalista's dragon held itself behind her, tall and proud, and no doubt ready to protect it's master.

Status
Not open for further replies.