The Cult of the Blackened Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Am I really that bad of a guy that everyone wants to kill me?' he thought to himself, with a bit of humor to it. "I see." he began. "You seek my aid then. I can rid you of your plaguing rune, but heed my words, it will not be a pleasant process." 'If she's a dog, then she's a fucking purebred' Trivak liked what he saw as he continued to look at her. "Follow me, if you will." He turned to head back into his manor, knowing exactly what he had to do to rid her of that controlling rune.
What he couldn't help but be curious about, is why these woman, first sent to kill him, now seek his help. It all seemed a tad suspicious to him, but, he wasn't exactly mad about having two women, beautiful ones at that, with him.
When he got back into the main hall of the manor, he turned to face she who sought his help. "Your part of this, when we reach the basement, is simple, you will strip down, and I will douse your body in a special ointment. It will sting, badly, and you will feel what seems like your skin peeling off, but I assure you, nothing of the sort will happen. Once that sinks in, then the real magic happens. But I shall address that when the time comes."

Kalista walks into the manor. The grass she touches dying as it goes. When she reached the door, the centipede on her arm moved and crawled off her body. It was swift and agile. Not only that, but it was much larger than first assumed, as it was hiding part of it's body in her clothes. At full length, the creature was long enough to wrap around a cows body...twice. Overall the creature was probably powerful enough to kill humans, cows, and possibly some monsters by itself.
She looked at Trivak a moment. Simply responding "Very well. Pain lost it's meaning to me not long after I got this rune anyway."

Herot was hopping with absolute delight at the size of the insect that had crawled off of the woman. "Herot my pet, the creature is not for your delectation. You shall wait until meal time has come." The bat settled down some at his master's words. With a beckoning finger, Trivak led the woman down a spiraling passage way into what was essentially his laboratory. The caged Nether beasts once again struck up their saturnine and lugubrious cries, which he ignored for the most part. Herot let out a screech at the animals, and they seemed to withdraw to the corner of their cramped abode.
Trivak made his way to a chest that was against one of the stone walls and opened it, first letting Herot flutter off of his shoulder. He pulled out a large glass bottle full of a purple viscous fluid and set it on one of the sturdy tables. "Now lady, although perhaps I should know your name, this is step one of the treatment. Remove your clothing." Despite the fact that the rune was on her neck, he knew that it's manipulative tendrils had permeated her body.

Kalista followed Trivak down the stairs. At his request, she responded lightly. "My my, aren't you in a rush to see me without clothes. " She laughed slightly then proceeded in doing just that. "Oh, and my name is Kalista. Of course, "The Blighted One" works as well."

"Well well Kalista, my reasoning is mostly good in intention. The rune reaches throughout your body, so we can't just apply the solution to your neck." Raising the bottle above her head, he tipped it over and it slowly made its way over her body. Upon contact with her skin, it changed from thick and viscous, to a quick moving fluid that soon made her entire body glisten. A hissing noise was soon heard, and Trivak knew that it was taking effect. He so far resisted the temptation of staring and went over to a tall closet and pulled out a jeweled staff. Lifting it to the air above him, he recited and chanted an incantation, and a red vapor was seen above Kalista.

With the hissing noise came the pain. While Kalista did not show much in the way of expression when it came to the pain the rune did to her, this pain was enough to make her wince slightly. She quickly re-composed herself and went on with the process. Th centipede had followed them down and was sitting on the sidelines, watching it's master.

Realizing that the centipede was not food, Herot perched himself nearby, observing Trivak and Kalista. The red vapor now wafted upwards, collecting near the ceiling and hanging there. Trivak continued to chant for a while longer as the staff glowed and shot out beams of multicolored light. After a few minutes, all became silent as he lowered his staff. He opened his eyes and saw that Kalista showed no signs of distress or discomfort, but knew that she had to have felt something. The vapor still hung in the air, and Trivak spoke. "It is done, the rune is gone from you."

Kalista looked up and around. Taking a moment to take in everything. She then turned, grabbed her clothes, and put them on. The Centipede sat next to her, by her feet. She turned to face Trivqk and spoke "I thank you for this. Now I am free of the control of the Burning Martyr. So, I have told you my name, may I ask for my saviors?" Kalista smiled, despite her wicked appearence, she seemed genuinely happy.

"I, miss Kalista, Am Trivak Grislac, of the Cult of the Blackened Veil. But perhaps you already knew that part." Their was a semblance of actual happiness to the wickedly beautiful woman's face, and it pleased him to know that he had done her good. Despite the fact that he was of a much despised cult, he wasn't all that bad of a guy when the time called for such. "Now, I pray thee answer me this, was this rune removal your only call of business to my manor, just out of my own curiosity?"

Kalista listened to Trivak a moment, then answered. "Well, I suppose so. Though I do beleive I now no longer have a home. Not just that, but you may need my help, no doubt the Burning Martyr will send more to attack now due to my betrayal. So, perhaps you would be willing to allow me to stay? Of course, I would help you in other ways, I have more than a few connections to the realm of the undead and the rotting."

"You may stay, as I have plenty of guest chambers." As somewhat of a show of force, Trivak snapped his fingers and soon four of his undead guards were by his side. "Miss Kalista, I my self have connections with the undead and the Nether Realms, although I do foresee, as you have said, an attack, for they have surely by now become aware of your actions." He now muttered something to one of the guards, and he gave a nod, running off to some other part of the castle. "My guards are very capable fighters, and will be able to hold off at least the first few waves off attacker, then we may have to resort to other means. Although I'm certain that with our combined abilities, plus those of miss Hira, my other guest, we can fend off those foolish enough to try." Herot now jumped with excitement at the prospect of a fight and made his way back to Trivak, who scratched under the Horned Bat's chin. "In due time my dear pet, you will get a chance to feast on the fools who dare surge our stronghold"

Kalista sawthe undead guards "Impressive, however I have one pet that no others have been able to control." She kneels down to the centipede "I'm afraid the creature that you are looking at is not the beast I speak of, it is, in fact, the method to summon it." She smiles "If we return to the courtyard, would you like to see my true pet?" She picks up her staff with it's emerald glow shining faintly through the crystal.

With an eyebrow curiously arched, he nodded. "Indeed I would, as you have thoroughly piqued my interest." Trivak himself was a formidable beast master, so he was genuinely curious about what creature she had tamed. It was an impressive feat in itself just to have been able to tame Herot. "Off we go then." he said, partly to Kalista and partly to Herot. As they made their way back up from the basement, the caged creatures once more took up their cries, as they seemed to have regained their fearsome faculties that had been taken by the screech of Herot.

Kalista held the centipede by its body, followed by the creature wrapping it's body around her arm. As she reached the courtyard, she let the centipede go onto the ground. She then took her nail and made a single, small cut on her left hands fingertip. That finger appeared somewhat scarred from the cuts. She then dripped a single drop of blood onto the centipede's back. Suddenly, the creature began to glow a sickly green. It ran forward, away from Kalista, and ran in a circle until it's head touched it's tail. The circle was roughly as long and wide as a pair of carriages. Suddenly, the Centipede dug and sunk into the earth. Then, Kalista began her incantation, with each sentence slamming the butt of her staff to the ground."I call upon my greatest acheivment. From the depths of Gehenna his soul was forged. In the land of the dead only one vessel found itself worthy of thoust soul. I bring forth my dearest...Talon." With that, she slammed one final time and the sound resouned much louder than the previous slams. Green , smoky energy floated in the circle. Finally, the smoke pushed aside, and out it came. Talon, the skeletal dragon emerged. He was at least the size of a house. With a bulky, bony body. He had four wings, a pair of tails, and four legs. He had on his head four eye sockets and teeth that were sizeable as large daggers. The area of his wings that would be flesh that allowed flight were cloaked in dark mist that flowed over the wings like a wrapping of wind. In his chest was a green flame surrounded by four blue ones. This was his soul, and served as his source of dragon-fire.
Kalista walked up to it. "Well, what do you think?"

Trivak's brows raised in astonishment as he saw the undead dragon appear in front of him. "By the power of the Infernal gods..." he muttered in amazement. Herot screeched in anger at the creature, then grew to his full size, slightly smaller than the dragon. He wrapped his massive wings around his master in a protective gesture, fearful that some horrid fate should befall him at the claws of this skeletal beast. Once more the bat let out a screech, one that could make the ears of the deaf bleed. "Herot, Herot, my dear Herot, I pray thee relinquish your master from your embrace, no harm shall befall me, my benevolent pet." With his master's reassurance, the bat shrunk back down and replaced himself atop Trivak's shoulder.
"I commend you Kalista. That is extremely impressive." Only once before had he seen a skeletal dragon, and that was when he had gazed through the eyes of one of his caged Infernal beasts as he summoned him forth. Trivak was beyond impressed at her taming of the creature and it showed in his face and expression. Only in flights of whimsy had he even considered conjuring up such a creature, due to it's impressive power, and destructive potential.

Kalista smiled as she slowly petted Talon's head. "Thank you Trivak. Talon holds his place as my grandest acheivment. It was not long before I was captured that I had tamed him. I did make sure to keep his existance a secret from the Burning Martyr, but they will know of him soon enough. I will say he was no easy catch, there arevery few of hiskind wandering the land of the dead, the only way I could get to him was through a skeleton medium, and even then he did not take too kindly to being disturbed at first. Fortunately after a long, arduous search, I learned how to tame them. Though many do not like the option." She sighed. "I had to offer him something important, something special. So, I offered what I had, I offered...My Lifeline. The only thing keeping me alive. Now, if Talon dies, I die." She smiled "I'm not unhappy with my choice though, being undead, Talon won't die of old age, and in turn, that means I won't either. Thats also the reason I was branded the Blighted One by the Burning Martyr, to them I was nothing more than another undead. But you understand, don't you, Trivak?"

Trivak nodded understanding. "Indeed I do Kalista." He felt that her descision to give it her lifeline was some what of a foolish one, but he understood that under her circumstances, the dragon could prove to be a useful ally. Taming Herot had been nowhere near what she went through. All he had to risk was falling to a painful death from extremely high up in the air. "You are indeed a brave soul for taming such a beast." Herot now flew off in curiosity, fluttering around the head of the dragon.

Talon looked at Herot as he flew around his head, then snorted a puff of warm air at him, sending him tumbling a moment. He laughed a deep, gutteral laugh then laid his head down on the ground.
Kalista giggled "Thank you. So...I get the feeling Talon is going to want to stay with me for the first few days he's in the living realm. So is there any sort of large, enclosed area where he and I can stay untl he's okay to be alone?"

"You're lucky I live in such a large manor." He said with a playful tone. Herot flew back to his shoulder, but he had an energy of slight irritation to him from the dragon's puff. Trivak scratched under his chin to calm him down. " In the back of my manor, there is an enclosed courtyard surrounded by four large towers. Should you wish, cots can be placed there for you to sleep" Trivak knew how powerful devotion to a pet could be.

Kalista smiled "That sounds wonderful, thank you for this. I shouldn't need to stay with him long, he just needs to adjust to the dimensional properties of this realm." She looks around then returns her gaze to Trivak "So...Where to?"

Status
Not open for further replies.