The Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How cute. Your friend should see this." Purge lightly commented as the wooden windowsill began to split in two. Vines started covering the window and Purge began to descend back into the floor. "Now make a choice child. Ether kill me and let your Prince Charming die, or I escape and you as well as your friend get to live long enough to get married."

"KABOOM!!!" A massive explosion burst forth from the bomb and a torrent of sewage forced the three to roll over for a bit. When the smoke cleared a giant hole was in the street and 27% of all plumbing in the city was ruined. The police rushed to the seen and began to inspect the area.

"I hope you heard that, that was the sound of loose ends being tied."

Kiki threw herself upwards out of the water, her hair splaying everywhere, as she spat sewage water out of her mouth, coughing a few times before dragging her fingers across her tongue, trying to get rid of the taste. It didn't work. She walked through the water, picking up her revolvers which were now relatively useless, and her hat. She placed the hat on her head before looking around for Dingbat and Scratch.

The girl ran her fingers through her dripping wet hair as she ran through the water, trying to find the other two. She was aware of how big the explosion was, and knew that people would be down here within minutes to try and find out what happened. If she didn't find them, they'd surely go back to prison. Or worse.

Mr. Aeron tapped the window a few times, he proceeded to make every hand motion he could that meant "Kill the guy."
He decided to emphasize his point by cracking the window with his fist and vaporizing into a cloud of black smoke... at this rate, his medicine was depleting rapidly, and he would have to get to his 'doctor' soon.

He thought about the explosion, and thought.
(I hope those guys survived...)

He wondered if he could be heard through the window.
"That's the sound... of you opening up a very ugly can of worms, sir!"

Last edited:
Akuma watched Purge as he slowly descended into the floor. She made a swipe with him with her claws in attempt stop him from disappearing. She wasn't going to let him disappear. Not yet

The slash hit Purge directly in the mask and he relied back. "Why you... Catch!" The vines smashed the window and Purge threw the crystal out of it, then disappeared into the wooden floor.

"Kiki help me!" Dingbat yelled franticly. He surfaced from the water, struggling to keep a unconscious Scratch's head out of the water. The water below him was slowly turning a crimson red.

Kiki spun around to where Dingbat was shouting from, before spotting the pair of them and running through the water towards them. She then threw Scratch over her shoulder, holding him in place with her arm, while using the other to pick up Dingbat and tuck him under her arm, quickly jumping out of the water and landing on the platform that ran along the sides of the tunnels. She realized that Scratch was injured at this point, but she couldn't risk the trio getting caught, so once she landed on the platform, she continued to run down the tunnels, getting far enough away from the explosion as she could, before putting Dingbat down and lying Scratch down on the floor.

The black cloud of smoke materialized outside of the window, Mr. Aeron had one hand up, not the the windowsill, but the window itself, his other hand outstretched and caught the crystal. A piece of glass stuck through one of his scarred, clawed hands... poking out the top. Instead of the normal red blood, a black, tar-like substance oozed up from the hole the glass was making. His claws dug into the rest of the window, trying to keep the shard from slicing his hand further by holding him in place. He fumbled the crystal into his pocket... and couldn't find his medicine...

Thick black smoke rose from his eyes, and he saw darkness looming in the corners of them, he wouldn't be able to shift into smoke again without dire consequences. His other hand moved to the window, and he started to pull himself up.

He made sure to be as quiet as he could.

Dingbat's crow wildly flapped out of the water, clearly mad that he was not picked up and flapped over to where the trio was. Even the bird stopped and stared. A pice of metal pipe was sticking out of Scratch's calf, blood gushing out the wound it made. "When the bomb blew up I saw him push his self in front of me." Dingbat whispered as tears pored out his one eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We gotta get him to a hospital." Kiki growled, mostly out of frustration. Quickly, she took a small knife that was hidden in the fold of her cap, and used it to cut the bottom half of her trousers off, and in a long winding strip. She wrapped some around others before removing the piece of pipe from Scratch's leg and placing the makeshift bandage onto his leg, reducing some of the blood loss.
"An' also, its not ya fault, kay?"

Ayumi's demonic eyes widened as she watched him throw the crystal out of the window. She went to strike him again, but he had already disappeared. She rushed over to the window to see if she could find it and that was when she noticed Mr Aeron. She watched him in surprise as he pulled himself up...with the crystal in his hand. "Give me the crystal." She spoke in her demonic voice

He managed to drag himself into the room, he stood for a moment, but a crunching noise was heard and he collapsed to the ground.
"Yeah... Ok... one moment..."
He rolled onto his back and lifted his clawed, scarred hand up, with the crystal sitting in his palm.
His glasses nearly fell off, and he adjusted them with the hand that had the glass in it.
He coughed loudly.

"O-ok... But how are we gonna get him to a hospital? Me and him are wanted men!" Dingbat exclaimed. He had calmed down a bit but he was terribly worried for Scratch.

Ayumi watched Mr Aeron as he coughed on the floor. She quickly snatched the crystal from his hand and the moment it had touched her palm, Ayumi began returning to normal. She tried to quickly tie the crystal around her neck to that she could check if Mr Aeron was okay. And by the looks of it, he was not

"Don't worry, I've got a plan. Although it's very risky, if it works then Scratch will be fine." Kiki stated, as clearly as she could, practically dropping her usual dialect completely. "So, do you want to go through with it?"

Mr. Aeron stopped coughing, and slowly brought himself to his feet with the help of his cane.
He started to search his pockets again, and was finally able to take out a vial of medicine, which he quickly drank.
He looked at the wound in his hand, and frowned... but quickly put his gloves on, covering it, as well as his claws.

He looked a small bit different than the last time he appeared, his face looked thinner.
He grinned slightly.
"I can see what scared those men away... but it seems you can keep... whatever you call that alternate state... in check."

He tapped his cane on the ground.
"Are you alright?"

"I'll do anything for him..." Dingbat said weakly. Things were getting serious, oh how he hoped Scratch would be OK... The crow flapped over to Scratch's head and pecked him in a attempt to wake him up.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Ayumi said, then remembered what she saw when she had peered out of the window. "Why were you outside of my window?" She asked. And why did he always drink that medicine?

Kiki breathed out slightly, pressing her thumbs against her temples and slowly moving them forwards, her face seeming to move with them but somewhat fading. After a few more movements she eventually peeled a mask of her face, revealing a giant scar that went from one side to the other. She tapped the inside of the glass a few times, which seemingly looked like glass before pressing it up against Scratch's face. The mask fit with ease and then fixed itself around his face, giving him a completely different face entirely, to hide his true identity.
"That's the tricky part done, now to just get him to hospital."

Mr. Aeron adjusted his glasses, and leaned on his cane.
"Well, I discovered that you were in danger, I can't just let someone get killed if I can prevent it can I? Besides, he happens to be after me as well, if we stick together, he can't take us own as easily."

When Kiki started to peel her mask off Dingbat covered his eye in fear. He once had a nightmare of a terrifying woman with a huge chunk missing from her face. He peaked though his fingers and was relived to find only a big scar. He watched in amazement as Kiki placed the mask down on Scratch's face, changing it entirely. "Ok, let's go!" He went up a nearby ladder and checked to see if anyone was there. He saw no one and heaved the manhole out of the way. "The coast is clear."

Status
Not open for further replies.