The Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cloaked man noticed this, as taking loot from the beast was his intention as well.
"If you find anything of value, could I have a share? I need to pay for my medicine... If you feel you need it more than I do, then you don't have to share."

He turned towards Dingbat and Scratch.
"So... who is your ex-boss? He sounds like a dastardly fellow, do I need to add another name to the list of things hunting me?"

A small black box was inside the monsters chest. It was made of some shiny metal and glimmered even in the darkness of the sewers.

"You do. Everyone here does. He hates things that are... different. The only reason he didn't kill us was he made us work for him. He calls himself Purge." Scratch replied shivering and it wasn't from the water. "We got some time though, he's going for that girl first."

"So lemmie get this straight, this Purge bloke is goin' ta come kill us, 'cause we're what? Not human?" The brunette asked, lifting the metal box out of the monster's chest and inspecting it, running her fingers across the edges.
"An' if that is the case, then what the bleedin heck are ya two? I mean, I knaw that cloaked bloke ain't normal, shiftin' into smoke an' such. But ya two seem normal."

The cloaked man looked at his hands.
"...Where are my... oh..."

He put his hand to his face as his gloves floated slowly along in the river of sewage.

The cloaked man looked about.
"But... what keeps us from killing him first? Surely a man who sends lackeys to do his work can't be tough."

"When Scratch gets angry his eyes turn red. That's it, he's that bad." Dingbat said pointing at Scratch's eyes with a nervous voice. The two looked at the cloaked man like he was Bigfoot. "Are you nuts?! He can make monsters worse then that in his sleep! He just doesn't like to get blood on his suit."

"Then why don't ya just kill him?" She asked, moving through the water over to the edge where everyone else was, before climbing out and sitting on the ground next to them. She then picked up her revolvers and returned them to their rightful place, underneath her hat. "It can't be that hard, can it?"

"He isn't even human. Hell, he isn't even a animal!" Scratch yelled. He went to the cloaked man and gave him his gloves. "Here, you need these more then me." He then rejoined Dingbat and the crow in sitting and regretting life chooses.

"So, just 'cause he ain't human or animal means we aint gonna kill him?" The girl continued to question, as she rung out her trouser legs to try and get rid of most of the wet. Not that it mattered much.

Ayumi's eyes widened as a voice destroyed the silence that was slowly returning to the room. She slowly turned around still while sitting on her spinning office chair. "P-Paranormal Exterminators?" She stuttered in fear. Does that mean they were going to kill her?

"You stutter a lot, it's really bad for trying to understand you." The wooden planks making up the floor blended into a circle and a figure slowly ascended out of the holeimage.jpg
"And yes I said Exterminators. I'm afraid it's time for you to die." Purge unsheathed a sword from his cane.

"He's- he's..." "He's scary." Dingbat finished with shame in his voice. "Can I get someone's name here!? Were all going to be hunted down together anyway." Scratch exploded with a brief flash of red in his eyes.

Her already widened eyes widened even more as she watched him appear. When he said it was time for her to die she instantly jumped up from her chair. She rushed over to her bedside table and pulled a small pistol out. With shaky hands, Ayumi loaded the gun and pointed it at him. She didn't know if it would work but she had to try. She shot a bullet and watched to see what would happen

"I've got lotsa names, Jennabella, Raven, MJ, Kiki, MorningStar. Take ya pick." She replied, ignoring the comment about him being scary. She didn't get scared.

The cloaked man looked around, and reacted to the gift.
"Thanks."

He then said quickly.
"People call me Mr. Aeron."

He looked at the group.
"Gentlemen, I will try to find this man who calls himself Purge, and kill him. Do as you wish, be it follow me or run as fast and far as you can."

He paused for a moment.
"He's probably going to be where the girl is... could I borrow that tracking device?"

The bullet simply passed though Purge's body. He tilted his head at Ayumi. "Why aren't you brave. Too bad that failed miserably." He swiftly sliced off the string that held the crystal aloft on her neck and grabbed the glowing rock as it fell. "Now let's see if those idiots were right."

Scratch went to give Mr. Aeron the tracker while Dingbat went to Kiki. "Sooo... What's in the box?" He asked curiously.

"Nawt sure. Ya wanna open it?" Kiki asked, smiling up at him from where she sat and offering the box out to him.

Mr. Aeron looked at the tracker, took two vials of medicine, and started to move up the ladder, push the manhole away, and sprint off with surprising speed, leaving behind a trail of black smoke as he went.

He made his way to a building that the tracker was pointing towards and took his new gloves off, this time putting them in his pocket.
His hooked claws helped him leap up windows. He peered into the window, saw his target, and signaled the girl to be quiet.

Dingbat gratefully took the black box and lifted up the lid. image.jpg
Beep beep beep beep beep... Went a bomb with a little note that said "for that special girl."
"Fu
ck." Dingbat and Scratch said at the same time.

Kiki took one look at the bomb, ripped it out of Dingbat's hand and threw it as far down as the sewers as she could, before quickly pushing both the boys down into the water, and jumping in after. Hopefully, the blast from the explosion would be far enough away so that whilst the trio were in the water, they wouldn't suffer too much damage.

The moment the crystal hit the ground, Ayumi's ears turned elf-like and her teeth turned into fangs. A red aura surrounded her and her eyes turned red. Her widened eyes narrowed to a somewhat sinister look. When she took this form, she wasn't herself. It was someone else now. Someone she called Akuma. She called her that because of all the blood she took in that form

Mr. Aeron considered his next move. He could use more medicine and sneak in as a smoke cloud, he could try to open the window, or he could try to shoot the window out.

He wasn't sure how the girl, in her current form, would react to the appearance of an ally.

He decided to keep hanging from the window, and watch how it plays out, he couldn't help but grin, it hadn't been a while since he saw a provoked demon...

(Or at least what he thought to be a provoked demon.)

His grin was wide, revealing teeth like some sort of savage wolf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.