The Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I heard that you louse! And I can hear a damn heavy manhole being moved! Me foot be hurtn' like hell after that kick!" The icy blue in Scratch's eyes was replaced by ruby red and he appeared to be reaching boiling point. "Now... Tell me again... How did you get in?!" Dingbat took a few steps back and gave the cloaked man a worried look.

Ayumi slowly made her way home, hoping no-one else had seen. "Paranormal Investigators....." She muttered to herself. When she reached her apartment Ayumi searched up Paranormal Investigators so that she could find out ways to avoid them, if there were any

Almost no information appeared except a few wacko theories. Save two articles.

'PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS' ARRESTED!

A team of three supposed 'Paranormal Investigators' were arrested yesterday by public officials. They were accused of murder and found guilty by court of law. They refused to give any information on why they killed the victim and the leader refused to change from his suit or remove his mask.

'PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS' EXCAPE!!!

Murderers claiming to be Paranormal Investigators escaped from prison last night. There was no sign of a break in or out and it seemed they vanished into thin air. If you see any of these men call your local police department as soon as possible:
image.jpg
"Scratch"

image.jpg
"Dingbat"
image.jpg
"Classified"

Last edited by a moderator:
The man looked towards the floor for a few seconds, considering his options, he shrugged and said.
"Well, the short answer is that I can turn myself to smoke.... though the process is... quite harmful to me."

He coughed a few more times... and a puff of black smoke was exhaled each time.
He removed a vial from his jacket, opened it, and drank the contents.
"Now, I must take my leave soon... I'm almost out of medicine, thank you for your time."

Scratch lowered his weapon, the man seemed to be a ok fellow and didn't seem to want to cause harm. "Alright you can go just-" he was cut off by the sudden ring of his phone. He answered the call with a bit of fear in his voice, "h-hey boss. The girl? No we don't have her yet bu- oh you want to take care of her yourself? Huh?! Isn't that a bit... rough? Wait what?! Kill him?! But..." The caller hung up and both Scratch and Dingbat shared fearful looks. "Look uh... I'm real sorry about this..." He raised his revolver at the cloaked man's head.

The first noise she made was a loud one, due to the fact it was the sound of her gun going off. The bullet wasn't aimed anywhere, so it just went whizzing through the air until it eventually hit a wall.

"If either of ya turn around, I'll place a slug in ya brains." She stated, her voice sounding very calm and collected.
The girl was stood behind Scratch and Dingbat with two guns in her hands, one aimed at each of the boys. The guns themselves were .38 Smith and Wesson revolvers, one loaded with six and the other with five due to the one that she just set off. That was the warning bullet.

"Now lissen 'ere, ok? You're going ta let that nice man ovver there go, an' I'll not shoot ya, ok?"

"If either of you two turn around, then I will place a slug into your brains."

Now listen here, ok? You are going to let that nice man over there go, and I will not shoot you, ok?

((I'm only putting this here because some people complain.))

Last edited by a moderator:
The man responded to this sudden appearance of backup... he himself drew a Desert Eagle from under his cloak, and pointed it at Scratch.
"Ah miss, thank you very kindly for the backup! I was about to do something drastic."

...It could be seen that... smoke was gathered around his feet, and a small amount was floating into the air... from under his glasses...
On the subject of his glasses, for a moment they looked like to endless dark wells.
Of course, all of that cleared up in a few seconds.

He coughed once, loudly.

Last edited:
A sinister voice drifted though the sewers causing the twosome to freeze up. "Now now... No need to be so up tight. I'm afraid that these bumbling oafs have been fired." The poor paranormal investigators eyes widened as they heard this news and Scratch dropped his gun.

"Garsh Darnit, are we all goin' ta die now?" The girl asked, still standing in the shadows. Although she hadn't lowered the guns, she was now frantically looking around to find who spoke. She was fairly sure that she knew who it was, and if it was who she thought it was then she already knew the answer to her question.

"L-Leader?" Ayumi muttered to herself in confusion. "I only saw two of them." She looked at the photo of the leader as she tried to figure out if she had seen him before. No She had only seen Scratch, Dingbat and the crow

"Brilliant observation my dear. But I'm a tad busy right now so I'll just let one of my new employes do it." There was a disruption in the green sewer water, and a strange beast of wood and crystal emerged.image.jpg
"Enjoy." The voice faded away and the wooden monster rose its fist.

"Enjoy? Ya think this is goin' ta be fun?" She shouted at the voice before flicking both of her revolvers open and dropping the bullets into her pockets, flipping a new set in. The new set that she had just applied were special bullets, given the name dragon breath bullets or DBBs for short. Why? Because whenever they hit something after being fired, they exploded into flames. They weren't the only special bullets she had either. She had bullets that could freeze on impact, along with bullets disappeared a few minutes after being fired, but right now she needed these ones.

After reloading her gun, which didn't take to long at all, she then proceeded to try and shoot the monster, aiming for the head and the torso.

The cloaked man lowered his head, and unloaded his weapon into the creature's chest, particularly at the large blue gem.
He took a closer look.

"Gentlemen, miss, if I can jump onto it's back, the ropes will help keep me there, and it's arms look too long to throw me off... In case he can throw me off... try to incapacitate the arms."

He dropped his gun, leaned his cane up against a wall, and collapsed, but before he could hit the floor... his entire body evaporated into a black mist.

The effects of his powers on his own body were hardly ever good, but he needed to use them now, because this thing needed to be dead fast.

He appeared again, above the beast, and was upon it's back.
He took his gloves off, revealing callused hands covered in burn scars and ending in nasty claws.
He made an attempt to jump to the beast's shoulders and claw at it's eyes.

Scratch and Dingbat fainted.

The monster was wet and the D.B.B.s had no effect on its body. However the projectiles that hit the crystals made it rear back in pain. The man landed on its back but the moment he got there, freakish looking spiders the size of his fist emerged from the creature's body and began to bite at him.image.jpg

Meanwhile, in Ayumi's room, a particular voice entered. "Yes leader. However they got our title wrong. We were not Paranormal Investigators. We were Paranormal Exterminators."

The girl swore in about 13 different languages, before dropping both the guns and jumping into the sewer water where the monster was, eventually revealing her appearance. She looked up at the beast for a second, before then removing her katana from the scabbard across her back and wildly slicing at the creature's supports, trying to bring him down to the ground.

jennabella_by_spring_the_vamphog-d8cm6z9.png

The man leaped off the back of the beast, (He was quite determined not to enter the sewer water.) and was surrounded in a large burst of black smoke, sending the spiders off of him, and shattering their bodies. He coughed violently.

He fumbled once more for medicine, finding a vial and drinking it.
"Bad idea, don't jump on it!"

He dashed back towards his weapon, quickly reloading his gun, and firing another clip at the beast's chest, while backing up.
(Also making sure not to hit the girl.)

The girl ducked and ran past the monster, standing behind it before pressing her thumb up against a sigil that was carved into the hilt of her katana. Within seconds, the immediate area around her had been consumed by a glowing purple light that emanated from the katana itself which eventually turned so bright that it would hurt to look directly at it. Once the light died down, the katana was nowhere to be seen, but had now been replaced with a large scythe that had a rotating chainsaw as it's blade.
A grin formed on the girl's face, as she pushed herself forwards out the water and up into the air, curving the chainsaw around the arm of the beast on her ascent, before landing on top of the arm itself and pushing it downwards into the rotating edge of the chainsaw.

The cloaked man raised both eyebrows, and said. "Well... I think I'll just keep shooting it's chest..."
He reloaded again and continued firing, still making sure not to hit his ally.

The silent monster's crystal was broken in with a loud boom. It fell limply to the ground as it's arm was sawed off. With a crash and sewage being splashed on them Dingbat, the crow, and Scratch woke up. "What happened?!" "We are all so dead..."

"I'm goin' ta say, no. Ya ain't dead, nawt yet." She spun the chainsaw-scythe around in her hands, before sliding the handle into the scabbard on her back, allowing it to revert back into a katana. The girl then proceeded to waded over to where the beast lay, rummaging around for anything that could have been of value, like one of crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.