2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
In this world, the crystals of Chaos and Order are the source of all. Life came forth from the balance of these two forces, and from this balance has the world been run. Chaos creatures rise, warriors of Order rise up to stop them. Thus has the world run for many a years, with a multitude of gem-bloodlines being born from heroes of Order. However, all is not well now. The Crystal of Chaos burns brighter than ever, and the Kingdom of Zann has grown corrupt. Citizens disappear, beasts of chaos run rampant, and the army marches on the land of Sanctuary - keepers of the Crystal of Order.

Sadly, in the middle of this coming war is the city-state of Cornelia. Founded first by the White-Gold Dragon bloodline, it grew to a powerful third world power, a neutral barrier between the oft-combating states of Sanctuary and Zann. And this is where the story begins...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello there! This RP is going to be set in a setting inspired by the Final Fantasy Franchise, with some from other settings such as RWBY, Soul Eater, other Anime, and my own mind. There will be Standard Magic, Magitech, Crystalline magic, and transforming or other unique weapons in the style of RWBY.

From Soul Eater, I take the idea of Kishin Eggs, and change it somewhat. Kishin eggs are the souls of creatures touched by chaos. These creatures are smarter and more powerful than normal, and are a much greater threat than the monsters already are. When killed, the body disintegrates and reforms into the egg. Normally, these are either eaten by another creature, which then gains the power, or are severed by a weapon in which case the energy disperses to reform at another time. However, rumors come of Zann performing terrible experiments using these eggs...

The PCs will be situated in Cornelia, for whatever their personal reasons, when a tragedy occurs. From there they will be brought together by fate, and will be set on an adventure to help restore balance to the world.

If you have interest and/or questions, please don't hesitate to drop a post! Thanks for your time!

roughly 19th century tech and fashion level.
Would you mind elaborating a bit on this? The tech isn't very low, so do you mean Aesthetic, or something else?

For tech, I mean in regards to smithing techniques (character I have in mind uses a Cavalry saber and a fencing dagger) and for fashion, I'm thinking great coat and pants.

@Wolfsbane706

Nothing wrong with the classics! Normally there'd be more to the things than them just being a blade, if that makes a bit of a difference. But for at least the style of the weapons and the gear, I don't see any problems!

I hope that made sense?

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Hi, Mythy. Can you explain...everything? How do the crystals make life? What powers do the Order guys have? Who are our characters? You said for personal reasons, so...are there classes or something? What's the world like? Do we live in Cornelia, or did we just travel there for some reason. I want to support. Just so lost.

How do the crystals make life? What powers do the Order guys have?
Background information that's not really relevant at the moment. The powers granted by the crystal of order is different per bloodline.

Who are our characters?
Your characters are who you make them.

You said for personal reasons, so...are there classes or something?
You might live in Cornelia, might be a soldier, might be a wandering adventurer, etc etc. There's something of a class system, yes

What's the world like?
That is too broad a question.

Well, mostly just meant the genre sort of thing. Like approximate year for technology, a brief overview of government (like democracy or a kingdom for example). Just want to know what vibe we're going for.

@Quiet One

Final Fantasy/RWBY. So a good mix of fantasy with mechanical transformations into guns, or such similar. As for government, that's less relevant at the moment. I don't want to overload with information.

I don't really know either of those worlds

Which is why I also explained the tech level. Fantasy-based weapons, and guns, and weapons that mechanically transform between melee and ranged, etc.

Definitely interested in the concept, but with that being said outside of my vague memory of Soul Eater I'm not particularly familiar with the concepts it's based on.

Definitely interested in the concept, but with that being said outside of my vague memory of Soul Eater I'm not particularly familiar with the concepts it's based on.
In Soul Eater, whenever a Kishin-to-be is defeated, it leaves behind a red egg-shaped thing called a Kishin egg. The way it works here is similar, with particular monsters leaving behind similar eggs. Those are used to enhance attributes of either weapons or the player characters, I believe. @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf Did I mess anything up?

Which is fine! If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I'll expand upon everything in the signups! (Which perhaps I should start on now...)

In Soul Eater, whenever a Kishin-to-be is defeated, it leaves behind a red egg-shaped thing called a Kishin egg. The way it works here is similar, with particular monsters leaving behind similar eggs. Those are used to enhance attributes of either weapons or the player characters, I believe. @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf Did I mess anything up?

You got it pretty well on the head! When a chaos-ed monster dies, it drops a Kishin Egg. If another monster eats it, they gain the power of the egg. And if a weapon cleaves it, the soul ceases to exist in that form, and some of the energy imbues the weapon. Or PC. Probably weapon.
And for the record, here's a pic cause why not
latest

Yeah I know the basics of Soul Eater. I was referring more to RWBY and Final Fantasy. Sorry 'bout the confusion lol. Basically I'm interested in knowing if I'd still be able to participate with 0 knowledge of the last two properties.

Which is fine! If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I'll expand upon everything in the signups! (Which perhaps I should start on now...)

You got it pretty well on the head! When a chaos-ed monster dies, it drops a Kishin Egg. If another monster eats it, they gain the power of the egg. And if a weapon cleaves it, the soul ceases to exist in that form, and some of the energy imbues the weapon. Or PC. Probably weapon.
And for the record, here's a pic cause why not
latest
You'd never tell I haven't seen Soul Eater in almost a decade.

Yeah I know the basics of Soul Eater. I was referring more to RWBY and Final Fantasy. Sorry 'bout the confusion lol. Basically I'm interested in knowing if I'd still be able to participate with 0 knowledge of the last two properties.
RWBY, all you really need to know is that weapons can transform, usually between melee and ranged forms. Depending on the weapon you might have more than one form. For Final Fantasy, that depends on which Final Fantasy Mythy has in mind. Given that we're based out of "Cornelia" probably the first one.

RWBY, all you really need to know is that weapons can transform, usually between melee and ranged forms. Depending on the weapon you might have more than one form. For Final Fantasy, that depends on which Final Fantasy Mythy has in mind. Given that we're based out of "Cornelia" probably the first one.
Here's some example pics
6b6.png
rwby_oc_weapon_by_equestrianmarine-d9s7844.jpg
_hazard_bandit____rwby_oc_weapon_by_darkusl0rd-da5wizh.jpg

As for Final Fantasy, I think I'm going for a bit more modern style like XIII, Type-0 and such. I'm not actually using a Final Fantasy world, just using some inspiration. Like the Crystals, and standard magic. Even then, some of it is probably modified. Maybe most of it.

I also have a question. @Wolfsbane706 @Jhuton @Ur Degaton @Jessica2477 how do you guys feel about GMPCs? Because I might want one using that "Vulcan" weapon if I could.