The Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bummer." Kisari hissed, watching a few of the soldiers step back uncertainly as she stared them down. "I was looking forward to a snack. Oh well." She sighed, allowing her weapons to dissipate into smoke, disappearing. Unfortunately this also made the soldiers feel slightly more comfortable, as if two little blades were a match for their own weapons. Rolling her eyes, Kisari pointed to the space behind the line of soldiers with a questioning glance. "What the hell is that?" She asked, feigning surprise mixed with concern. It was sad how many of them turned around to look, those not looking for the object were looking for their friends' reactions instead of keeping their eyes on Kisari. Taking her chance, the Drakken activated the portal on the ground before her, falling face first into what was a giant hole in the ground. Before any of the American soldiers could do a thing, Kisari was already stepping out of the portal and onto the Crusader safe from harm.

The woman was just in time to hear Behemoth berating Owen for his absence at the fight. "I'm sure the guy had a good reason for not meeting us. Secret identity and all." She exhaled sharply through her nose, fatigue obviously weighing on her. "Anyway, that monster got away because I got careless. We wouldn't have needed Owen if I hadn't screwed up and underestimated those metallic contraptions." The thought of the androids made her furious, the air around them increasing, though not nearly as much as it should have. "Now, if we're done this pointless conversation... I need someone with a steady hand to remove this wire. It's too close to the base of my wing and I can't reach it, but I'd like my wing to make it out of this endeavor in one piece if you don't mind." Kisari crossed her arms in irritation, seemingly too focused on her wing to bother with the still bleeding gunshot wound. Granted it wasn't bleeding nearly as bad as it had been in the beginning, but Kisari was numb to the pain in her side at this point, overshadowed by her concern for her wing.

Having followed Behemoth back onto the Crusader, Reflection disappeared into the room she had claimed when she first joined the group. It was cluttered with piles of clothes, food, beer bottles, and papers littering the floor. Her bed was rumpled, unmade, and there was a wall covered with computer monitors. The monitors constantly filtered a wealth of information. Mostly news feeds, police reports, and intel gained from hacked government databases. Fima spent hours a day shifting through it all, occasionally bringing something to Behemoth's attention. Her priority, however, was protecting the Crusaders- their identities, families, histories. Any information pertaining to them would be simultaneously detected and deleted before it ever bore fruit.

Serafima reappeared from her room dressed in a tank top and basketball shorts. Blood still dripped along the old scars on her scalp and down her thigh. In her hands she carried a laptop, first aid kit, handheld mirror, distilled vodka, random assortment of snacks- and a case of beer. She watched Behemoth, or Jordan, dumped Jake into his newly appointed room and quickly threw the case of beer in as well. The newbie deserved a just award. Afterwards she settled herself on the floor in the middle of the common area. She shoved handfuls of potato chips into her mouth as she booted up her laptop, not minding the blood slowly dripping onto the carpet. As Kisari appeared, Fima listened mutely to Behemoth as she drank half the vodka and poured more into her wounds. She watched with one eye as the laptop began feeding the information coming from her network as she began stitching the wound in her thigh. Fima frowned when Kisari spoke, remembering the 24 people she'd gotten killed. The man she and Kisari might have lied...Fima doubted it. She had made a judgement call. And paid for it.

Behemoth had said the base belonged to terrorists accused of rape, pillage, and murder. But instead the Crusaders met a force of androids, men with powers, and a group calling themselves Legion running it all. Fima doubted that even the thumb drive would do them much good. After all, the android she and Kisari fought knew about it- and didn't care. How were the Crusaders caught so off guard?

Still in thought, Serafima stood from where she sat in the middle of the floor and came to Kisari's aid. She was examining the wire when she paused and turned her black eyes to Jordan. "Jordan- where did you get the intel of the terrorist base? Not from me."

After a few minutes Jake walks out of his room holding his case of beer in one arm and a open bottle in his other hand .
" who ever they are, they seriously need to catch a beating" He says annoyed before taking a sip from his beer as he approched the others.
" allow me" Jake says puting his case down next down to the two girls and uses his mutation powers to grow pointy claws.
He quickly jabs Kisari in her wound injecting a substance into her that would numb the effected area.
" that should take the edge off" he says before looking at reflection with a slight smirk . " you should loose the whole masked crusader look , a pretty face with a big brain can be very deadly " Jake says before pickin up his case and taking a seat in the corner of the room.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SilentxChaos
"I take it I'm not the only one who senses ambush with this then?" Kisari asked Serafima over her shoulder, shifting uncomfortably within the wire's grasp. The very next moment, she was taken off guard by Jake's approach, gasping as his claw like appendage injected her wound with some kind of neurotoxin. She sighed, muscles relaxing as it did its job, nodding her head thankfully in the man's direction before reentering the conversation at hand.

Folding her arms across her chest, the Drakken woman's face held an emotion somewhere between confusion and concern... It was not an expression she wore often. "There's something else about this that bothers me. That metal man, I'm assuming he is human made? Like that, what do you call it, artificial intelligence? From my understanding, even something like that needs to learn from its own experiences or the experiences of its creator... So how is it that he held recognition in his tone upon meeting me. Not a hint of the surprise, fear or even curiosity I am usually met with. He spoke as if he knew who I was, down to the multiple bounties placed on my head from a realm not his own. How is that possible?" She asked, visibly irritated by the situation.

• Love
Serafima blinked, her head cocked at Jake, then shrugged and returned to Kisari. "Not an ambush, I think. There was no surprise attack from them. But they were prepared for us. They knew we might show up. Planned accordingly..." Fima fell silent as she reached down to her aid kit and grabbed a thick cloth. She used the alcohol to dampen it then gripped the wire.

"This will cause discomfort," she told Kisari before yanking the wire out, without missing a beat. She pressed the cloth against the new wound, wiping away the blood and started stitching it closed.

They wanted something from that facility. But what? Fima thought. She frowned with frustration at Kisari's wound. Why the hostages, who was the leader? Too many unanswered variables...Kisari's right, how do they know about her?...watching us? Finished tending to Kisari's wounds, Fima plopped down to the floor and swiftly began typing away at her laptop. She wiped away the blood still welling from the gash on her head- forgetting about it and everyone else as she got lost in her thoughts.

When Sera asked Behemoth where he got his information on the terrorist base he smiled. "I have my connections, I was tipped of by a old friend in the C.I.A who is all for are cause. He told me he got his info from a couple of defectors form the group. These men are currently under government's protection as informants but Strange they didn't mention this Legion, I'll make sure to contact him later on the matter." He replied. Behemoth then walked away from Owen and took a look on the main computer, The files were just starting to be loaded on the the computer. He was then caught of guard by Kisari statement about knowing of her otherworldly origins. 'Hmm, If they know that much about Kisari then they could know more then I would like for them to know about me and the rest of the team.'

Behemoth turned around and cracked his neck, He felt he like he was getting old a little to quick for him. He was almost 40 years old, He though on how he had a little to much trouble with Blockade. He himself had notice he had weaken over the years. "Old age is a damn bitch." He muttered to himself and looked at his team showing no emotion. "Today we succeeded in destroying a terrorist base and killing many of there soldiers along with there leader. But do not pat yourself on the back just yet for we also failed a number of hostages too, We had been too focus on killing these men and not enough focus on the innocent people that died in that explosion. This victory of our is bittersweet, Next time we must save as many hostages as humanly possible." His hand twitched a little in vexation, He seem to be doing his best to control his anger in front of his team. He made a huge error on his part and he knew that. He was confident to hear about it.

Behemoth then exited the control room and up the stairs to his room. Behemoth then let the steam of and punches a wall causing it to fall apart. "Err..." He grunted. "I put a little to much effort in that..." He said regretfully. As the wall amazingly starts to rebuild it's self Jordan starts to changes his clothing and disposed of his tattered costume. "A few more of these getting damage and I'm going to need to restock. Behemoth then went to his closet and changed into some timberland boots, bluejeans, A white shirt and a winter coat. He then grabbed a pair of sunglasses and skull cap and left his room. He then started walking down the hallway that leas back to the control room station down the steps. Jordan walked up to the computer and started to check the if the files had finished being download. "Seems things are taking longer then usual." Behemoth started going threw the files already downloaded and found nothing, He just found that each file had this symbol in them.

Jordan then turned to Serafima "Sera...Next time check your the files you download before you, you know download them. This is look like a bunch of useless garbage, This just looks like to be a some kind of calling card or something." Jordan then made a announcement. "I was hoping to learn something form these files but they have shown me nothing. Lucky for us I have a friend who will hopefully allow me to Chat with them." he said touching his wormhole belt. "I'll be back, Have fun. Don't destroy the ship which is pretty hard to do by the way." He waved good-bye as space shifted around him and he was gone. Before vanished his last thought was one the symbol, It was a snake surrounded by a strange circle.

• Love
Standing after his comrades began to filter through the transporter, a relieved look settled on Owen's face. He was glad they were all alive, although he could instantly tell the mission was intense just by observing how banged up they all were. The important thing was that they were all accounted for, even if they were a little worse for wear. He also noticed that they were carrying who he assumed was a new member with them. It would seem Owen was no longer considered the newbie on the team or at least he could share that title with someone else now. At the same time, he felt a little guilty, seeing as how the newcomer was able to support the team and he was not. When they were all present, he opened his mouth to say something but was immediately berated in front of everyone by Behemoth, thereby deepening his guilt. The man in charge always spoke his mind and didn't hold back.

Owen didn't respond, it felt like he would be making excuses if he did, instead he bit his lip and let his eyes drift. He was grateful for Kisari stepping in to deflect the attention from him and he turned his head to look at her but he was sure everyone knew that Behemoth was right. If only he could have gotten there sooner. "I'm sorry, I won't let it happen again." He said trying to lift his own spirits. Soon afterward Behemoth withdrew to his room, it was around this time that the new comer emerged. Owen watched as his teammates tried to patch themselves up while lending a hand to one another. He wandered over to where Sera was plugging away at her laptop and started rummaging through the first aid kit that sat beside her, until he found some bandaging. At the same time, he spoke hesitantly to Jake, with a curl of his lips and an arch in his brow.

"Ummm, I'm not sure it's a good idea for you to be drinking so soon after you just gained consciousness." He said while attending to Sera's head wound. Eventually Jordan returned wearing his normal street wear and left the ship, probably to follow up on what happened during the mission. Owen nodded to him before he disappeared, then looked around at the others. "Ok, so what do we do now? To be honest, I think you all need some rest. Besides, we might want to lay low for a while." He whispered with a sigh while walking back over to the main console. He began to pull up several broadcasts all stacked on top of each other on a transparent screen. Using his hands, he shifted them into different positions on the screen so that they were all visible. There were 7 of them playing at once, 3 on each side and one in the center. The broadcasts were in varying degrees of volume but somehow they could all be understood if someone decided to focus in on one of them.

The screens on the sides highlighted a different member of his team in action during the mission, while the one in the center named them as a vigilante group that needed to be brought to justice. It also called for a super powered team representing the government to apprehend them. Owen stood and faced the others, leaning back against the console and crossing both his legs and arms. "Well if there's one thing we're good at, it's making new friends." He said dryly.

• Love
Jake watches silently and sips on his beer as the others conversed.
After watching the screens for a few minutes before standing back up and walking next to Owen . " there"
Jake says pointing at the screen at the bottom right of the panel.
The old man he pointed at was standing in the back ground next to a few military officials .
" they call that geezer the modern day Hephaestus , the androids we faced had his name written all over them"

" why not pay him a visit ?" he says turning towards the others
" and maybe little dove here can repay the kindness his toys showed her"
He says sarcastically referring to Kisari .
" how do i work this anyway ?" Jake says as he holds up his middle finger at Owen since his crusader ring on it .
"Do i need to say beam me up scotty? "

(sorry im late, notifications was not working, and while i was frozen for about 200 years, before my frozenwife was shot and they took my son sean, so i set out to find him only to forget about him when i found a dog to help me kill bad guys so i can steal there bottlecaps . Lol)

Kisari winced as the wire was pulled from her wing, an audible hiss escaping her when Serafima applied the alcohol soaked cloth to clean it. Before she knew it, her comrade was finished patching her up and moving on to other things. "Thanks." The Drakken nodded her head respectfully before glancing at her wing sadly. She healed rather quickly but this wound would take about a day or two of rest before she could use it properly again. Sighing to herself, Kisari's attention was pulled to their leader as he reappeared from his dwelling. Part of her admired the fact that he never stopped trying to do his job, always looking for intel or tracking down a lead. However, there was another pat of her that wished he would take a break for once. At some point, even the great Behemoth himself, will burn out. She's rather it be later than sooner.

Shaking her head, Kisari eyed the displays Owen spread around for the group. She thought they looked rather fantastic, though she winced at watching herself get thrown to the ground, still feeling the pain in her muscles from the struggle. It was what followed that really had her fuming though, images of a news cast from a while back detailing the heroic events of a certain super hero upon her arrival. Helion, he was called. The monster of a man responsible for the death of her two closest friends, and part of the main reason she joined up with Behemoth and his band of merry men. Turned out he was going to be one of the heroes on the team searching to bring the vigilantees to justice.

Growling meancingly at the monitor, Kisari turned her furious eyes to Jake as he spoke. Normally such words and tone would be met with equal but harmless retorts, however this time she met them with a murderous glare. "Watch yourself newbie before you find yourself roasted like a dove." She snapped before storming off into her designated quarters. The whole place was designed with her temperature preferences in mind. In the center was an egg shaped capsule supsended from the ceiling, padded on the inside for ultimate comfort. Kisari had been delighted when the ship provided it for her, a bed shaped like a dragon's egg automatically adjusting to her desired temperature range. Not wasting anytime, Kisari climbed into the bed and closed the capsule door, sighing contently as the heat warmed her core. Immediately she began feeling better, but sleep wasn't going to come quite yet. She was still far too angry for that.

In another brodcast Geno and military officials could be seen speaking in a press conference . One of the reporters yell so he could be herd.
" is it true?! Did the US military know about the civilian hostages when they bombed the compound?!"
"What about the vigilantes?! Were they operating under the US goverment?
" class 4 type wepons were not authorized in this operation, the bombing and the casualties were the cause of a reckless spearheaded operation formed by a group of vigilantes "
The military official says in an angered tone.

"But there heros!?.....what if it was an accident !?"
Another of the reporters yell .
" need i remind you? , the term heros has bin obsolete as of 1 year ago " Geno says camly in to the microphone catching the attention of the room. There was only a few selected individuals that knew him as Geno , but most of the world knew him as
Maximillion Göring the director of a American multinational computer technology corporation that developed many important programs and technologies that aid the US military greatly.

" twenty-four americans lost there lives thanks to your so called heros " Geno says glareing at the reporter
" accident or not , these vigilantes are to dangerous to be allowed to do what they want" Geno says fixing his glasses with one hand
Mean while

The crusader HQ picks up a destress signal from an island in the pacific.

( so who has balls to fight me? XP)

"THIS IS CHANNEL 10 NEWS!" This is the usual opening for Channel 10 news also Wolf News. WOLF News is one of the most popular news channels in America. Today they have been covering the tragedy that happen today. WOLF is know to play favorites and is always quick to bash The Crusader, Not over ideals but over a few years ago Behemoth had said some very unpleasant thing about them, Claiming they are bias and backwards. Ever since then they have always be there to criticize Behemoth and The Crusaders.

Recently they had interview Maximillion Göring, Someone who everyone knows had his hands in WOLF News. The Interview was quite positive and more of a publicity stunt. WOLF has also recently interviewing Behemoths ex-teammate. A teammate from his original team, The Magistraters. She is known world wide as the Beautiful and Powerful, Ms. Victorious. She has been a thorn in Behemoth side even before he form the crusaders. When Behemoth left his original team he did so by telling the whole team they are failing this world and now she was ready to Admonish The Crusaders on live television.

A television host name Will O'Neil will be interviewing Ms. Victorious and he was ecstatic to meet her in person and the chance to rip The Crusaders a new one. The TV show named pretentiously name "The O'Neil Report" started with Ms. Victorious and O'Neil sitting across from each other with a coffee table between them. They start by greeting the TV audience and the folks at home. They start with small talk about her charity foundation and the amazing job her team has been doing like saving a flooding village in Thailand. After that was out the way there discussion on the now name "Crusader disaster" that happen earlier today.

Will O'Neil: "So, What do you think of the terrible incident in the middle east involving the Crusaders? Behemoth, The leader of the before mention team was originally apart of The Magistraters, Correct? What are your thoughts on him and his team.

Ms. Victorious: "Yes he WAS a member, He has since been disowned with great spurn I would like to add. He has gone on a dark path and I am confident one day The Magistraters will be the ones to take him and his team down. His reckless actions along with his team of killers had caused the death of two dozen people. From what I seen from him in the past, He could be reckless at times but ever since recent years he has seem to have thrown caution to the wind. Being a hero is more then just killing bad guys, He should know better then that. It's also about saving lives and negotiations." she said with a smug look on her face.

Will O'Neil: "Did you hear about one of the team members, Umm, What's her name...Dragon girl! Yes, She actually threaten American soldiers who where only trying to help clean up the battle field. What kind of hero does something like that?

Ms. Victorious: "I have no idea Will, May I call you Will." He shook his head in acceptance. "Thank you, Like I was saying. No Hero would do that, I'm just disgusted by this news. Behemoth, I wish I knew what you where think when adding her your outfit. The only decent person on there team might just be Reflection and I use decent relatively. She is a very capable hero and is quite intelligent but obviously her morality has taken a nose dive. This team of Behemoth's is just a complete mess and that's the cold truth. I wonder, Do they even respect him? I honestly dou..."

The TV was then smash by Jordan, Behemoth's secret identity. He was in a office which belongs to his friend in the CIA, Kevin Burr who was smoking a cigar. He sat at his desk and in a rolling chair. "Wow, What a smug bitch...Nice set of twins thou...right?" He said with a smile as he remove the cigar and ashed it in a ashtray stand. "Didn't have to punch my TV. Don't worry about thou, I'll get a new one that your taxes will be paying for."

Jordan turned to Kevin and gritted his teeth. "Enough bullshit Burr! Why, Why didn't you tell me about hostages! What about this Legion as well!" He moved closer to Jordan as if he was going to harm him and slammed his hand on a desk. Jordan was getting angry, Right now Ms. Victorious was going on tirade about how he botched that mission in the middle east.

Kevin jumped up and backed up in to the wall behind him. "Jordan, I honestly didn't know! That was a surprise to me too. This legion also is a new thing I'm hearing about. I'm sorry, I should had gotten more information from the terrorist defectors. You'll be happy to know they are currently being interrogated with advance methods as we speak."

"Good, Doubt you'll go much out of them but a few weeks of advance interrogation serves them right for not giving up all they knew." Jordan was still heated and even feeling embarrasses "Kevin, I want all the information you receive on this legion sent to me. The Crusades are getting in on this and I swear if you don't keep us informed." Jordan looked at the TV and back at Burr. "Let's just say, Taxes dollars won't be able to fix you." Jordan then reached for ashtray stand and bent it with one hand.

"Yes, That's how you get what you want. Threaten a member of the CIA and mess up there stuff...It working. I shall report all information to you first or your comrades." Jordan shook his head and left the room slamming the door on his way out. Kevin took a deep breath and sat down in his chair. He then put his feet up on the desk and continued to smoke his cigar with a dastardly smirk on his face.

• Love
The moment Geno's voice came on, Fima's head snapped up- even when before she hadn't twitched when Owen tended to her head wound. Her eyes flickered across the screens until she spotted the familiar, despicable face and she pointed to it. "There. Far left. Expand it."

The broadcasts moved until the interview with Maximillion Goring became the predominant. Fima joined Jake and Owen, watching the interview with growing hate. "I'd like to see Apex tear his throat out," she muttered, loud enough for her teammates to hear. She was about to call Kisari back out-

When her phone unexpectedly went off. Frowning, Fima picked it up and placed it to her ear.

Thirty seconds later, she hung up.

The distress beacon sounded.

Fima looked between Owen and Jake, then shook her head. "I can't go. I have to get to a hospital." Quickly, she picked up her laptop and other equipment, heading for her room. "If you need backup, use the rings…and Owen?" she paused at her door. "Thanks for the patch up." Fima hastily disappeared behind her door. Moments later, the familiar sound of an activated wormhole buzzed, then vanished just as quickly.

"Serafima? Serafima, are you- right. You don't actually answer your phone. Well, if you are there, you need to get to Northside. Something's…something's come up with Alice. She needs you…Sera-"

................................................................................................

Serafima stood in the Northside Hospital of Atlanta, Georgia, watching Ms. Victorious defame the Crusaders with shaking fists. Hearing her name come up, she snorted with such disgust nearby nurses threw rebuked looks at her. She ducked beneath her hood. Seeing the Magistrates' porcelain doll on TV brought unpleasant memories of their last encounter: during a duo mission with Behemoth, they had had a run-in with his old team. Ms. Victorious mistakenly uttered a backhanded comment about the White Hand, Fima's former superhero family, and it was Behemoth who had to restrain Reflection's temper from tearing the prissy heroine to pieces.

A touch on her shoulder revived her to reality. Fima jumped and looked up. An elderly face, wrinkled and chiseled from stone, stared back down at her. "Serafima," he said coolly.

"Dr. Hector Zailus," she replied in the same even tone.

He jerked his head, beckoning her to follow him. They left the waiting room and entered a near-deserted hallway- only the occasional nurse flitting by. Fima's nose wrinkled as the usual hospital smells became more potent. The barely-disguised fumes crawled over her skin and made her agitated. The doctor noticed, his face darkening.

The doctor leaned against a banister, his arms crossed, and said, "I've been in surgery for 18 hours today but between those I've heard some interesting things on the news. Did your group of vigilantes really kill 24 people?"

Fima threw him such a venomous look he faltered. "I told you never to mention them, or me, ever," she said harshly, turning away her gaze.

"Forgive me for wanting to make sure my niece's best friend wasn't an insane murderess," he snapped.

Fima flinched. Zailus sighed, rubbing his face. "I'm sorry, Serafima. It's been a hard day. I'm not as tactful as I should be."

"When are you ever tactful?" she snorted, but she seemed to relax slightly. She faced the doctor. "Why did you call me? What's wrong with Alice?"

He sighed and a pained look entered his eyes. "The transplant…it didn't work."

"What?" Fima stood straight, "why the hell not?"

"Don't take that accusatory tone with me," he snarled, "the operation was a success but…the infection rooted in her right lung has spread to her left." The doctor saw a spark in Fima's eyes and lifted his hands up, "Look, there's a chance we can still save her-"

Fima shoved him, causing Zailus to slam against the wall. She hissed, "You fucking liar. You said this would cure her!"

"I said it might," he snapped and rubbed his shoulder. "You're not the only one who loves her, Serafima. Don't you forget she's the only family I have left too- blood family."

Fima paced and cursed, angrily rubbing her arm across her eyes. Zailus experimentally rotated his shoulder and felt a dull ache that signified bruising. He glared at her. "As I was saying, we're doing all we can. The reason why I bothered calling you at all is because she asked for you. I suggest you go to her."

To his surprise, she hesitated, only for a fraction of a second. "I want to. But the Cru- my team- they're in a rough patch."

Zailus made a noise of disgust. "That vigilante group created their own mess. As far as I'm concerned, Alice is the only good thing you have in your rat hole of a life. And I swear-" he added, seeing Fima beginning to bristle at his insult, "if you decided to choose those, those murders over her, so help me you won't step foot in this hospital again."

Turning on his heel, Zailus stormed away, leaving Fima rooted to her spot. After long moments, she started walking towards Alice's room, a single thought in her head. I just hope they don't murder me for missing on the action.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cush Almighty
(Posting to get my character involved if this is not ok I will delete the post and I would like my character to eventually have a fight with Jake)
@CJ Liston
@Merlin
@WeepingLiberty
@KAZUAKI

Malcolm Turner visited Northside hospital, as Bane this is usually where most of his victims were sent and he'd regularly come to the hospital and spy on them to gauge their intentions to see if they deserved death instead. If so he'd use his vibration ability to trigger deadly aneurisms. Although he was relatively an unknown civilian he had created some technological advancements and sold them to companies for royalties. He wasn't a billionaire so he stayed out of the public eye but he did donate a large sum of money to Northside so that they could advance their facilities.

The new was speaking about the crusaders, and Will O'Neil and Ms. Victorious of the Magistraters were discussing the events that happened that the crusaders were responsible of the death of civilian's. Malcolm couldn't believe it the crusaders just did what he did only that he acted in the shadows, Bane was a boogeyman a myth on the streets, many believed him to be a criminal sniper who was taking out the competition and that's what Malcolm wanted.

After the broadcast about the crusaders, there was an in memorium segment about heroes that were lost, and as Malcolm was about to walk out the room he saw the memorial to Vibrava.

Will O'Neil: "Today marks the one year anniversary of the death of the hero Vibrava who was a government sanctioned hero and leader of the ultimates... with his death the team had disbanded of former mutants and agents. Now the President of the United states had placed a bill to reinstate the Ultimates stating that the death of their leader should not impede the groups good and noble work... Rest In Peace Vibrava." he said signing out as they showed the new team.

BSCORPS_016_COVER_ZIRCHER-310x470.jpg

Malcolm was livid... he thought the one good thing about his death was that the corruption was shown, but nothing was mentioned... hell the ultimates are just corrupted puppets posing as heroes they killed innocents and secretly promoted war to distract citizens. Keeping his cool but gritting his teeth, his enhanced hearing picked up a conversation between Dr. Zailus and the crusader Serafima... hearing the entire conversation he waited till the doctor left. Well at least this was just a bill he'd have to handle the Ultimates later, but a crusader here he had to find out if it was true what happened.

Doctors smiled at Malcolm as he walked the halls he pressed a button on his watch creating a 10 second EMP causing the lights and electricity to shut off on the floor and come on 10 seconds later, more than enough time to teleport his costume on and stealthily entered Alice's room as Serafima did also.

He stood by Alice and aimed a gun at her.... "Serafima.. I presume I'm Bane nice to meet you I'm a fan of you crusaders but I may need your help soon but did you and your team kill innocent civilians, I don't believe the news or Magistraters but I need to here it for myself. Before you attack me, I know someone who might be able to help this woman" he added

The heat of the pod had been so soothing that Kisari had begun to drift into a trance like sleep, which annoyed her even more when the alarm blared in her room. Growling viciously the woman kicked open the contraption and climbed out, slithering from her room with eyes full of murder. "What is it this time!" She hissed as she reentered the main deck, passing by a flustered Serafima on her way by. Hesitating by the screens, Kisari's ears picked up a familiar voice, turning her murderous glare toward the screen with Geno's face on it.

An audible hiss escaped her mouth as she read the information on the screen. Immediately she glanced around for Fima, but it appeared she wasn't even gearing up for the distress call sounding throughout the Crusader. Instead she turned her attention to Owen, Jake and those others who had stayed behind after their earlier outing. "Hey guys, I'll catch up with you guys in a little bit. I have some business to attend to first." She called out before summoning her scythe to her side. If she was going to face this guy, she was going to do it prepared. There was no way he was going to catch her off guard this time. Weapon in hand, Kisari ran a finger over her ring and stepped through the portal without giving anyone a chance to stop her.

The other side of the portal opened up in the middle of the conference room, scattering a large group of reporters as they backed away from the unknown rift. Those officials who had had dealings with the Crusaders before recognized the portal but it was apparent that none of them were expecting Kisari to step out from it. Those who carried weapons to the meeting for the officials' protection immediately raised them to point at the invader, the Drakken making a point to ignore them. Instead her focus was entirely on Geno... Or as the rest of the world knew him, Maximillion. "You're looking better, didn't take you long to recover from our spar did it?" A slight grin played at the corner of her mouth, the woman fighting back the urge to charge. The tension was exciting to her, as was almost every battle... But this one in particular was special. She had personally lost, for only the second time no less. Kisari wasn't about to let this one go, a thought she silently apologized to Jordan for.

"I'm getting real tired of you rich guys spreading around whichever story fits your agenda, so I've come for a rematch and I will not be taking no for an answer. Choose your weapon Maximillion."

~~~
Adrian had technically been on vacation, leaving his super hero duties to the wonderful Ms. Victorious and her pals. He wasn't exactly part of her band of buddies, but he had worked alongside them on multiple occasions over the years. If asked, he would probably refer to them as his allies... Maybe even his friends, but personally he preferred working on his own. Which is why he took a vacation on an island out in the middle of nowhere. He'd had a feeling about the place, a feeling that proved to be right a few minutes into his coffee. An alert on his phone went on, yelling at him that there was trouble in paradise. What it could be, he didn't particularly care... However with the recent events he'd witnessed on the news, his favorite band of vigilantes were bound to show up in an effort to remedy their mistakes.

That thought alone had him putting down his mug mid-sip to change. He stood from his lounge chair and retreated to the large walk in closet where he stored his extra disguise for moments like these when he did travel to his vacation home. Donning the golden gear and snow white, mechanical wings, Adrian made a brief call to Ms. Victorious' phone to leave a message about the situation. It was likely she wouldn't get it until after her interview, which he had been watching intently until few moments before. Then he slipped on his helmet and exited from the balcony, taking off into the sky to seek out the telltale signs of his runaway dragon.

• Love
(@Iroh )

Serafima seized up the moment Bane presented himself, first berating herself for not detecting him, then stiffening at his proximity to Alice. She was still heavily sedated from her operation, and padded cuffs kept her chained to the hospital bed. From what Bane's perspective, he could see thick scars on the right side of her face, shaved head, and they disappeared beneath the collar of her hospital gown. Fima instinctively leaned over her, covering Alice with her own body while keeping her eyes steadily on Bane. "What do you mean- someone could help her? What do you know about her? About the Crusaders?"

How the Hell did he learn about my identity? A shrivel of panic set in her bones. Not for herself- Fima had always been more affluent about her identity than most. The mask she'd lost in her and Kisari's encounter with the robot man had been her fifth. What concerned her was, did this man know her teammates' identities? If he did, it would be a huge breach in her security system. It could mean Legion was in her system as well- wait. Fima closed her eyes and muttered, "Fucking idiot."

They reopened and glared poisonously at Bane. "You over heard the doctor and me, didn't you?"

• Love
@CJ Liston

Bane looked at her and how protective she was of her friend, and he wasn't a monster he actually felt for her it actually did more to prove her teams innocence but still even cold blooded killers had those they cared for look at the Iceman killer but she disregarded a gun pointed at her.

"Wow you have a gun trained on you yet your concern is your friend, and yes I actually have super acute hearing so I heard who you were and why your here... but don't worry I have no plans for making your identity public knowledge" he replied

Bane pressed a button on his armor which jammed the signal to the security feed in the room, then Banes armor and weapons disappeared in a black light teleporting back to the cradle, he stood before her as Malcolm Turner, as much as he hated revealing who he was but Bane was not a known vigilante just a rumor with law enforcement and drug kingpins and some minor criminals. He stood before her as a well built fairly muscular African American male in a suit. He didn't want security camera's to see his real identity, and he turned his attention back to the task at hand. He looked at the frail woman in the hospital bed, from what he had heard and seen its likely that with human methods she would never be the same again. The television was still on and footage showed another crusader Kisari had appeared at the press conference..... it was actions like that which gave the press more ammunition against the crusaders.

"Well seems like your friend is about to cause some trouble but let me try this again, I'm Malcolm Turner... and honestly who doesn't know about the Crusaders, I have actually been studying you and your team and actually not the only one there's many government agencies looking into your weaknesses and base of operations like the CIA, FBI, Government task force, Legion, the Magistraters, and soon to be the Ultimates" he says walking over to Alice but having his hands up showing Sera that he meant no harm... but her main focus was Alice so he wanted to tell her how he could help her friend.

"Look I have access to technology beyond that of earth and i'm Bane, not a popular vigilante but I operate in the shadows so its no surprise you don't know of me. Your friend will die or be a vegetable for most of her life.... I say I may need your help because I try to fight corruption and from all the agencies and groups I listed most if not all are corrupt, some by blind idealism and some for profit and I could use the help of the crusaders.....
I have the means to save her life and return her to you, I ask just to meet your friends to determine if your all really a threat as they say you are. If you do agree and I save her life it won't be easy and she may become ... lets say more then she was before"
he explained

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
As the conference room erupted into panic from Kisaris arrival only Geno remained still not surprised that she would be the one to appear . The security began to push the reporters back as they surround the dragon woman .
He holds up one hand and gestures towards Kisari "behold" he says looking at the reporters who were still trying to broadcast .
" one of the heros that single handedly took down a terrorist organization " Geno says as if he wanted every one in the room to praise her. " and only killed two dozen innocent american lives in the process " He says says as his tone darkens .
" but lets not forget about the her past achievements , or need i remind everyone , she is one of the three savages
That nearly destroyed an entire city a few years ago.

The room gos quiet, one of the reporters trys to push pass the security. " Thats right! They were fighting a hero ! " making another reporter start to push through .
" then your resposible for the building fire that killed my sister that day ! You BITCH!" He says flyin a water bottle at Kisari. Before the water bottle could hit Kisari it gets catched by another man who was now directly behind Kisari . The man turns his head to look back at Kisari
" its bin awile kid"

[spoili]
devil-of-wings-bat-wings-cherry-blossom-anime-480x800_zpsa622af5f.jpg

Bio ( will add more): Like kisari he is of the Drakken race . Icurus is a captin for the Drakken Guard , Because Icurus was one of her older brothers best friend he has known Kisari since she was a child.
[/spoili]

Mean while

Jake studys the distress sinal before looking at owen . " i guess im it " he says walking back to his case of beer and picking one up " tell the others ill check it out" he says holding out his hand to study his ring while he takes a sip from his beer. "Hmm" a portal open infront of him making him chuckle. " so thats how it works he says as he steps ito the portal.
As he steps out of the other end he scratches his head in confusion . " o shit "
He says realizing he was now standing in a hospitle room with serafima and two other people he did not know. " hmm.... so you have to think of the place you want to go to" Jake says as he takes a sip of his beer.
"Not like i was thinking of you or any thing" he quickly says to Serafima nervously . Only now taking notice to her face towards the man with his his hands up . " if i eat him , will i get another case of beer Jake says jokingly as he takes another sip from his beer .

Last edited:
Malcolm was surprised to see Jake pop up out of a portal... luckily he had scrambled the feed to the room or else things would be hard to explain.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE ALL THE CRUSADERS GONNA SHOW UP THEY COULD COMPROMISE THE HOSPITAL" he thought to himself... Malcolm had to leave and get this guy out of here to so he was gonna press the button for security without anyone noticing but that could cause trouble and he didn't want anything to happen to Alice.

"Miss Sera I will give you my number, and just let me know what's your decision" he says as he walks past her and handed her his card and is now in front of Jake.
"I'm sorry but you are one of the crusaders are you not, its a pleasure to meet you , although I don't like the comment you made about eating me" he said trying to keep his cool. Malcolm didn't want to show that he knew who Serafima was then it would show he knew her secret identity.

He thought a way of getting Jake out and keeping his identity secret, from what he remembered seeing on the news he's the adaptive beast that Behemoth just recruited.
Malcolm mentally summoned Stacy his jet... which took a minute... but he had no choice he didn't want to draw attention to their location.
Malcolm moved away from Jake... "Since your here I might as well give you one of..." he began to say until metal surrounded Jake's body and pulled him out of the window and to ground level.
Malcolm turned to Sera... "Give me your answer later today.. something tells me this is gonna escalate hopefully Max can talk him down but I gotta make sure" he says warping his suit on.

AT GROUND LEVEL

Once Jake hit the ground still wrapped in the metallic alloy and a robot approached him.....
nivanh_07.jpg

MAX: My apologies for being rough but data shows you are an adaptive mutant with regenerative capabilities. My orders are to immobilize you as footage shows you have violent tendencies, my creator would like for you to not draw any ill attention to this medical establishment

Malcolm made it to the roof and waited watched to see what Jake does... "Come on just go..." he said to himself

@CJ Liston
@KAZUAKI

• Love
Fima watched the two men disappear out the window until Alice stirred beneath her. Anxious, Fima watched the girl but she only went still again. It was then that Fima realized she was shaking. Did he mean what he said? Can he save you? Slowly, she picked up his card and stared at it. She looked back at Alice.

Her thoughts were a jumble. She didn't want to trust this Bane and the gift he presented with no strings, except for the Crusader's help. No one ever offers something unless they want something personal in return- that was her experience. But Alice...she's dying. Fima shook her head. She didn't want to believe it, but she saw the truth in Dr. Zailus's face when he spoke of corruption. No human doctor could do anything for her. Bane said he could.

After a long time, Fima dug into her jacket and pulled out a flip phone. She punched in a phone number and listened impatiently to the ringing. Come on, Jordan. Pick up.

@Merlin

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
" hey!" Jake screams before getting covered in metal . " My Beer!" He yells as he gets pulled out through the window and thrown to the ground . Jake looks up at the robot and begins to lauph hysterically as the metal that trapped him began to expand before breaking off revealing the armored like skin that covered his arms .
"No problem" he says dusting his body off while his skin reverts back to normal.
" honestly, its not as if i was going to start shit in a dam hospital " He says annoyed .
" but since he felt the need to throw me out a window , and spill my beer" Jake says like he was more upset about his spilled beer " i don't think i care what your creator wants.... and if he thinks he knows any thing about now, then he should of known that today wasn't exactly the best day to have a robot do it for him" Jake says showing that he was still upset about what happend at the terrorist compound.
"YOU HERE THAT!" Jake yells knowing the robots creator would be listening through it. " i only express my violent nature to people i dont like, and you have just managed to make the list" he says as he holds his arms out getting ready to mutate. "Uh..... hold on " he says opening a portal and jumping in . A few secondes later he steps through the door that Serifima and the other person was in holding a giant teddy bear and some flowers he walks towards the girl and puts the gifts infront her . " sorry about the whole flying out the window thing " he says as he takes one of the sheets that was folded next to the girls bed and ties it
Around his neck like a super hero cape. He walks back to the window and leaps back out of the window landing back infront of the robot . " Alright....... lets do this" he says standing in a superhero pose .

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.