The Crown Prince Has Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roy Allen Blue

Original poster
Hello everyone. I was referred by a friend, and she will probably live to regret it yet. I may seem arrogant, but I promise you that it's with good reason. I am a world-class writer with years of experience under my wing. My mastery of language may be intimidating, but I assure you that I am not a rude person. I am a very warm and understanding person, and I would love nothing more than to help those that ask.

With that said, I also understand that my tone can rub some people the wrong way. I should probably go on record saying that I really don't "hate" anyone. I am a very open and friendly person, and I consider everyone my friend until proven otherwise. I am also a very honest person (sometimes painfully so), so if I offend, I am deeply sorry and please point it out because I will otherwise be oblivious.

I'm also sure some people might be anxious to be my friend, and I welcome you. I could always stand to gain a larger following. Bare in mind, I am a very loyal and devoted friend. I will always be there for you if you need me, and if I can't be there personally, I will always have my ear out for you to listen at the very least. My nicknames include (though aren't limited to) "Professor Roy" and "Doctor Roy" for my vast knowledge of useless information and problem solving prowess. So if you have any problem or questions feel free to ask. I may not have all the answers or solutions, but I'm damn near perfect, so I'll have a lot.

And with that, I guess I should end on the topic at hand. I enjoy roleplaying as it helps practice writing, and I usually use base plots and settings of my works in creating some, so that helps develop my story ideas directly. I have a lot of experience, but don't hesitate on account of feeling inferior, because all ideas are beautiful and I can help them stand out, given the chance. So I look forward to roleplaying with you all.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Hi, Roy! Welcome to Iwaku ^^ I'm sure your world-class writing skills have a place even in our little nook here in the interwebz

Here, have a cookie.

A prince? Welcome to Iwaku! *bows*

What a curious introduction! Welcome to the forum, skilled writers are always welcome here. I hope you find the stories you're looking for :D

If you're unsure where to get started, the interest check forum is always a good place to start. If you're more interested in smaller groups or have a specific idea in mind, then the 1x1 section is the place to go. And if you decide to hit the ground running and start your own roleplay, putting a banner in rotation is a good way to advertise ^^

AHAAAAAAAAAH, that intro :3
you wont intimidate any one here, i assure you~

So Welcome, if you have any quick curious questions drop by the Cbox chatroom, and im sure one of our derpy chatbums could help.
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/pages/cbox/

apfffft, i was expecting a humble gallant prince...
but you'll do for some fun.
Enjoy Iwaku.​

Welcome comrade to the world of Iwaku where writers of all types live and crawl. You might scare a few of the newer chaps to Role-play, but most of everyone here is generally nice unless you're talking about certain people. Anyways, have fun.

*Rides off on a Unicorn*

Joffrey21.jpg

Say what?

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Ethys
Haha, I'm glad I'm so well received. Thank you for all the suggestions; I really was at a loss on how I ought to start, so I welcome your assistance with open arms. And also thank you for keeping my crown warm while I was away, noble peon. I will remember this when there is a cookie famine, but for now I will enjoy the one given to me.

Tumblr_static_tyrion-lannister-tyrion-lannister-23793056-600-900.jpg

No problem, good sir. Think not of it! True leaders need not a crown to rule.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Very True. The right to rule is a birthright and not something a material item can bestow upon you, no matter how shiny. But I do sometimes believe that such shiny objects are also of my birthright, so I accept them as such. Therefore, the right to rule and the accumulation of wealth should form a direct correlation. I expect presents from all of you in the future, so I thank you in advance.

But on a serious note, I wonder if it would be imprudent of me to actually go ahead and start my own roleplay, since I do have many ideas already. However, if the past is due to repeat itself, I'd say I'd rather jump aboard a passing ship, so to speak, and make friends there before I erect my own skipper to find myself a crew of one. I guess my best option is to browse, as I have been, and hope to find a niche to perch upon and rule over for the rest of my stay. I just hope I find one soon, I like to have time to prepare a good story or character. I'd hate to be rushed or have to interject into a ongoing story.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: LunarLavendula
Hello there! Welcome to Iwaku. ^-^ If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Well, I'm a gloriously egotistical bastard myself, so I wouldn't mind the company at all if you were to take a look at my personal fandom in Avatar: The Legend Reborn (link within my signature). I somewhat doubt you're into fandom roleplays, but the shameless promotion doesn't hurt. However, there is a system of sub-leaders and Creative Advocates used in the roleplay, and soon enough I will return to recruiting, upgrading and expanding (after my finals on May 12th). You might find a spot as the leader of a group within the roleplay. PM me further if you like; I have plenty of as-of-yet unused ideas you may like, if you so choose to partake in the fandom. If not, then I wish you the best of luck in your campaign. No one respects a monarch anymore. I know.

Your assumptions are ill placed in this particular case, for I am quite intrigued. Such a well elaborated roleplay as this, you should feel no shame in advertising. I enjoy what I've read so far on the page, but I'll hold off on any final decisions until I'm confident in my character creation ability. Whereas I'm usually against joining fandoms because of the stifling of some creativity, I had once considered making my own for Avatar in the past (it never really took off).

But yes, it is as you say, the monarchy is severely unappreciated. But I'll look to your assistance in rectifying that with me. Democracy is overrated.

I'm a big fan of communism enforced by a strict, but dutiful police state authorized by an oligarchy of the intelligent, responsible and compassionate. It's not exactly a monarchy, but you could throw a monarch into the formula as a councilmen of the executive board. Nevertheless, I do digress.

If my assumption was ill-placed, I do apologize. To be quite frank, sir, you come across as a high-fantasy connoisseur. Now, about your character creation ability: in the past, and still existing presently, are several unused "concepts" for groups. I have found that single characters work exceptionally well when placed into small groups placed together for a purpose, normally by someone above them in their allegiance. I could, if you would like, offer you some of these concepts. They may be of assistance to another of the royal line. Y'know, I never wanted to be King.

Welcome to the site Roy! Have a great time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.