The Crossroad Inn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He replied, ''Well, I enlisted... And got shot. With an arrow.'' with a grin. Out of nowhere he started cracking up, and asks Sirian how she's been.

"I've had my ups and downs. If you didn't hear, after I excelled in that knife defense class, I got accepted into a school for honing bladed techniques skills. After that I was pulled into an assassin's group," She replied, sipping on her mead, "It's why I have this clothing on." She finished. She wanted to keep everything that had transpired a few years ago to herself, as Rehn and her brother were close friends as well.

He smiles and says, ''Like you, I was considered elite. Apparently, I was best of the best at my academy, so they made me my own sword.''
He looked at her armor enviously and said, ''Why does your armor look so much better than mine?!''

"My armor is that of a Dark Sentinel ranking assassin. I made it very far, before abandoning my post. I thought I would, borrow, the armor." She replied, finally breaking through the shyness she'd came in the inn with. She was almost another person, now full of confidence and life. Sirians shy side quickly turned happy.

''I guess it's the class of soldier that matters.'', he decided. He look at his cobalt-iron armor and sighed. He always had some sort of 'crush' on Sirian. He shook his head and asked the owner for a room. While waiting, he was trying to debate on whether to tell Sirian about his crush on her or not... He finally decided to let it wait.

"I guess" Sirian agreed. She tapped him on the shoulder, then motioned towards her big bags of luggage. Inside one was a note to Rehn. it read, Rehn, I dearly miss you. If ever we meet again, I have had this armor forged and fitted specifically for you. Please accept it as a gift from an old friend. It's the least I can do for the only friend I've ever had.

The armor was forged with her family symbol, as is the custom with most Elven forging.

Ephrehn followed her signal and opened the luggage. He saw the armor, and wide-eyed, he excitedly thanked Sirian and searching if there was anything more, he saw a note. He read the note and suddenly hugged Sirian. But then his emotions took control, and he let slip that he had secretly liked Sirian after all those years.

Sirian looked at him, her eyes wide open. Surely he was joking. Had she never saw any signs of this? She was happy that someone actually liked her. She hid her joyful emotions. "I've always liked you, Ephrehn. Maybe one day, when this is all over, we can go back to that field, running through it again, without a worry in the world." She said.

She hugged him back tightly, soaking up the feeling of physically interacting with someone without having to kill them, especially him.

Listening to all the 'aww' sounds everyone was making, he quickly blushed out of embarrassment and sat down once again. He whispered ''We will, I know we will.'' in Sirian's ear and ordered another mug of mead.

She chuckled at his cliche line. "The future is uncertain. Who knows if we will or won't. In all seriousness though, what if one side decided to roll over this place? I would put up a hell of a fight, but if they did, you think we all could really make it out alive?" She asked just loud enough for everyone to hear, as if asking anyone to answer her question.

She downed the rest of her drink, and sat down, brushing her hair behind her ear.

''Hell yeah, you would!'', Ephrehn exclaimed. He'd always known Sirian was a fighter. Shy but brave, you'd say. ''But, who knows who'll survive? I mean, both sides did decide to leave this strip of area unoccupied and neutral... I doubt they'd break it, after all, leaders have to be sensible.''

She thought for a minute on his point, then replied, "Actually, sometimes leaders aren't very sensible, and would kill a newborn if he or she thought it might ever be a threat to him or her. Let's hope you're right about the current leaders. I cannot take seeing anymore senseless bloodshed." She ordered another drink, and looked through the window.

''Well, then that's just downright cruel...'', replying to Sirian's comment. ''Well anyways, are you going to stay around these parts for long?'' he asked.

"I will probably stay here as long as I can, until the innkeeper kicks me out, or until someone comes looking for me." Sirian replied. She was getting tired, so she rested her head on the table once more. Sirian thought of places she'd like to go once the war was over. She thought of a big bridge she saw when she was a child, and also of a beautiful ocean she had been too. Sighing, she looked around the room to get her mind off of old memories.

''Well, I'm gonna take a walk down the road, I need some fresh air.'', he replied. And with that single comment, he strode off to the door, opened it, got out, and let it shut.

Sirian just nodded and then fell asleep, dreaming of times that weren't so bloody. More specifially the time she and her once-friend, Beverly went to a beach. Having such a fun time in her dream, she smiled and giggled a bit. Sirian and her friend were splashing around in the water for hours, with no cares in the world to submit to.

Ephrehn came back after some people came out, and saw Sirian napping on the counter. He smiled and sipped some more mead. Suddenly, a random person tries to punch him. He flips and knocks the guy out. Shouting loudly, he said ''ANYONE ELSE WANT TO TRY ME?''

Sirian jumps, startled awake. She feels her heart racing as she looks around to Rehn. "what's going on? Rehn, are you causing trouble again?" She asked, standing up and walking over to him. Sirian pulled Ephrehn by the ear and sat him down at her table, then picked up the other guy and put him in a seat at the other side of the inn.

Sirian looked at Ephrehn, and said,
"good old Rehnny boy, always causing a scene."

''Ow, that hurt! Why'd you do that?!'' he said, laughing. Sirian was always the boss. She'd always keep him under control, since he was the crazy and wild one.

"Well if I had it my way you'd be kicked out of here. To answer your question, you're getting out of hand." She replied. Sirian settled down in the seat oppostie Ephrehn crossing her arms, and kicked his shin. "Don't give me that look. This is a neutral inn, and I, for one, aim to keep it that way." Sirian said, moving her eyes to the window, watching as it started to rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.