The Crossroad Inn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venna tried to take the time to respond to everyone's requests, but was interrupted by a knock, to which she responded by shaking her head and muttering to herself as she headed towards the door. "Why does everyone keep knocking ?" She questioned, not to anyone in particular. Nonetheless, it hadn't dampened her mood any as she swung the door open, a large smile on her gaunt face. "Welcome to my inn, please, come in!" The elf gestured a hand inside, guiding the girl in with the other. She motioned around the place, then looked back to the girl "Sit anywhere, and someone will be with you momentarily dear" She said kindly, heading back to the bar.

Once returned, She turned to the dwarf with an amused smile, "I don't imagine so. Of course we have a room for you here" She reached into her pouch and slid a key to one of the mid grade rooms across the table to the dwarf. "On me. For your troubles" She offered, referring to the events he described on entering. In waiting for the dwarfs response, She listened to the back and forth between Lex and Honesty, an amused look about her face as she did.

(Alucard, please repost. You aren't allowed to take control of other's characters like that, including NPC's unless you create them as a lackey or second character. )

Reactions: Lu'Lexa Ashe Galaxy
Tawnee stayed in her silent corner. Her yellow eyes, pitch black irises, scanned the new comers. There were many different kinds, from small and frail to malicious. It was so strange seeing so many different types of people passing through. Her home village was small, although feisty. She had lived near the edge, but there was no separation form the turmoil of war. Every night they had been harassed and Tawnee had taken to schooling herself at home. The ram-horned girl shook her head lightly, black locks swaying with her movements, to shake the memories from her mind. That was the past. She needn't think about it anymore.

Spritzing the table down and wiping it off diligently, the small girl hummed softly to herself. She truly did enjoy cleaning. She enjoyed being in her own world and didn't notice that the bar was filling up quite quickly. Once she was finished cleaning, Tawnee stood straight and looked around. She blinked shocked, scanning the new faces. 'Now when did they all get here?'She wondered to herself. Her yellow eyes found Venna, watching as a new small girl entered. 'Wow, they really do take in any one. She looks so small.' Not that Tawnee had any room to talk whatsoever.

Lilith was grateful for the warm welcome. She gave the elf a grateful smile as she was lead inside. When she stepped into the inn, she was taken by surprise. There were so many races. The neko never seen so many races living together. Not without some complications, at least. She followed the elf's soft orders, taking a seat at an empty table. With curious eyes, she scanned the place, scanned the people around her. As she waited, she kicked her legs back and forth like a child, humming a soft, catchy tune. Her black tail swayed behind her and her ears swiveled with every noise that was sounded.

Vivaldi quick scanned the room. "elves, magical creature with high intelligence. Dwarf, another magical creature, high magic resistance also have high constitution. and some human" he is tried to find whether there are another Black Raven in this inn, crossroad inn. and his eyes stopped at an armored girl which closed her eyes in the corner of the inn

"this aura..." after sensed the malicious aura from the girl. "sorry i will be back" Vivaldi walked toward a table at the corner. in front of him a pretty much drunk dwarf was peering his mug. "can i have an empty mug?" after he got his mug from one of the employer he took of one of his bottle. a clear green liquid with a strong smell come out from the bottle. "here i comes" then he raised his mug and tried to drink all of it in one breath.

Locklis opened her eyes slowly as the elf woman neared, like that of a lazy cat with her glowing green optics. She placed the cup down smoothly before the demon with a friendly smile. Something in her eyes told her there was a secret behind that face.

"The usual, right?" She asked. Locklis raised a hidden brow as the woman walked away with that odd wink.

After a moment of watching the elf lady for any clue about her actions, Locklis straightened and quietly lifted the cup. Her glowing orbs examined the cup before peering over the rim. She rarely removed her mask in front of others so she did not know what to do with the drink until she spotted an odd bit of metal within its depths. With a hidden smirk, she placed the cup down once more.

Was this truly an act of kindness? Or was there some other meaning?

Locklis did not know her predicament could be so easily read. How perceptive.

A movement at the corner of her eye caught the female's attention. The helpful elf from earlier seemed wary. It was then that the inn door opened to reveal a rather filthy looking man. Blood seemed to have made a home of his clothing.

Locklis grimaced. A reason to be cautious for sure. The elf had stood from her seat in haste and went for a nearby door. Oddly enough, she gestured for Locklis to follow. She shut her eyes and forced herself to hope that this did not mean trouble. She had finally tamped down the fire in her soul.

Discreetly, Locklis slipped the key from the cup and followed, wondering what this inn of strangers would cause. She gave a slight nod to the brown haired elf who was clearly more than met the eye and disappeared inside the door with the other woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
River was frantically turning through the pages in her leather bound book as the woman entered, she quickly glanced over, "please, sit" she said quickly as she returned to her books, she muttered quietly to herself as she scanned the images on the parchment and then closed the book once more, turning towards the woman
"be calm, I mean you no harm, but I think.. well, I don't even really know what I think, all I know is that the auras coming from this inn are strong, they're being concentrated as a sort of, invisible power source for, something, what that is I don't know, and I can't even be sure if this is all real, I'm lead by the writings in this book, and in it, it states that in a time of great war, an answer will be found at the crossroad, there's more but it's in a very old text used by my ancestors that I've yet to fully decipher, but we are indeed at a crossroad right? I can only assume that this energy and this legend have something in common, and you may be wondering now, what does this have to do with you? well, to be honest, I'm not sure, but something about you makes you, different from the others, I sensed it the minute I saw you, and what I'm wondering is, will you help me?"
River was running low on breath as she darted back and forth through the room giving this explanation.

"Please sit."

Locklis glanced around the room and chose to settle against the wall. She leaned back with hooded eyes and crossed arms. She insisted for Locklis to be calm but that was not an option, so she just gave a body impression of being calm. Although, judging from her amazing ability of sensing auras and intentions, it was not going to convince the woman.

As she filled the room with the sounds of her shuffling feet, Locklis listened, growing confused as the female spoke. She finished her story and Locklis stood silently for a moment, watching the other.

"I ended up here through rumor, searching for some peace and reprieve from the rather annoying lives of those people with hate in their hearts. I just want to be at peace." The demon tilted her head. "I do not know if that is possible at all, especially when given this information. Although I agree this is an interesting inn..." She turned her attention on the room. "As long as you do not ask me to take lives, or expose myself to great attention, I will help. Do not, however, speak to others of me. I wish to keep a low profile. I am sure you understand why."

After a moment, the female smiled. She had forgotten one important thing. "My name... You can call me Locklis. What is yours?" It was odd that the demon agreed to help, but in a way she was stuck. How could she enjoy the peace the inn had to offer when trouble seemed to find her? How could she consider changing her life if she did not help people? It was turning out to be harder than she thought.

The door opened and an Elf with long, light blue hair, entered the inn. "H-Hello. My name is S-Sirian." The elf looked around at all the others in the room. Seeing so many faces in one room was unnerving, to say the least, as she'd never had many friends or even strangers to talk to.

She quickly found a seat near the far side of the room, and sat down with her head tilted to the floor. She unbuckled her sword belt, and sat the sword, a unique, though worn, piece of weaponry, up against the wall.

She also removed her cloak to reveal typical assassin attire. As she noticed a few people, one being the innkeeper, staring at her, she nervously said,
"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to f-frighten anyone if I did. I'm just looking to find a little peace and t-tranquility. I-I abandoned my post, I hope I'm not causing any trouble." She shyly looked away, taking the rest of the place in, noticing the soothing aura within the inn.

She felt rather awkward being in a place full of so many strangers, but being the only neutral place she knew of, it couldn't be helped.

"Thank ye," Kilo told the elf. He plucked the key from the counter, slid off the stool, and clomped up the steps to the rooms. They key had "405" etched into it. Kilo gave the key half a scowl. This place had 400 rooms? It would take all night to find room 405! The inn hadn't looked that big. Kilo's throat rumbled. The thought of sleeping in a magical place displeased him.

Kilo looked up at the first door. "Room 401." Kilo looked back down and rubbed his beard with his thumb. 401? That couldn't be right. Unless...

Kilo raised his eyebrows and peered at a few more door numbers down the hall. 402, 403, 404... "Gorgon's eyelids!" Kilo said loudly, "who named these rooms?!"

The dwarf stalked to room 405 and let himself in. The metal armor was removed and laid on the floor, and Kilo was asleep on the bed withing minutes.

Reactions: Zella
River stopped and smiled slightly for a moment "River.."
she quickly snapped out of it and returned to her serious tone
"I can't promise that what may happen here won't bring attention, you'll have to be responsible for your own anonymity, but I can promise you my loyalty if you can promise me yours"
River said as she donned her long cloak and opened the window in the back of the room, giving her access to the outside,
"come now, we'll talk more when we're alone"

((OOC if anyone wants to join in on this little subplot, please message both me and Januarius to discuss details))

Sirian looked over at River, not paying much attention to what was being said around her. She thought briefly on a time when everything was wonderful, and not everyone seemed to be at each others throats. All I've ever wanted, is to see peace and prosperity. Now nothing can even be guaranteed. She thought to herself. She pulled out a note.

It read: To my dearest sister: Ma said she wants to see you again, so I thought I'd pass on the word. We all want to see you, and we're hoping the best for you. Please come to visit sometime. Love, your big bro. The letter was never sent. It was stained with the blood of her brother, and was founnd in her brothers hand, as she found him at his desk, stebbed through the heart.

She couldn't deny the fact that it was her fault, for leaving her post. But what could she do now? It was all said and done.
Sirian put the letter away, and crossed her arms on the table, before laying her head down on them.

Suddenly, the door opens and a brown haired half human half elf waves to everyone and says, '' Greetings, my name is Ephrehn.'' He looks around at everyone, gives his weapons to the owner for safekeeping, and sits down. Nervous and scarred by the enemy from the war, he orders a mug of mead to calm himself down.

Sirian looked at the newcomer, and shyly said, "H-Hi.. M-My name.. Is Sirian." She said to the new face, before looking back down towards the table. She wondered if he happened to be with or against the group she was with, for she had seen plenty of weapons, but never such uniquely engraved and crested weapons as his. SHe hoped that whatever the case, it would not break the tranquil environment of the inn.

A child entered. Children came in two varieties: those that sought danger and those that avoided danger. Boys tended to be the former and girls tended to be the latter. Too bad this was a girl. Lex took another sip from his drink.

Two women spoke in low voices at the back of the room. They opened the window. Lex, who has experienced countless open windows, felt the draft and turned to see them go. He smiled slyly. As another pointy-eared late-night traveler entered the inn, Lex hopped off his barstool. "Please, allow me," Lex said gallantly, bowing to Ephrehm as he held his hands toward the now-available seat. Once Ephreh sat down, Lex stuck his hands in his pockets and strolled out the door into the night, not giving the newcomer a second glance.

Lex twisted his footsteps around the building and waited silently a few arms-lengths from the window. Anyone who would crawl out a window when in no immediate danger was a curiosity to Lex. If they had something interesting to say, he wanted to hear it. And if not, well, the three of them could watch their stars while discussing their favorite windows to climb through.

Ephrehn kindly replies, ''Hi!'' with a big smile, and asks Sirian if she wanted any beverages.

"M-Me?!" Sirian answered, turning bright red, embarrassed that someone had actually taken an interest in talking to her. She quickly looked towards the window, trying to hide her face. "Uh... S-Sure." She finally said, after a long pause.

Ephrehn, trying to keep in his embarrassment in this awkward situation, ordered another mug of mead for Sirian, and asks '' You seem nervous, what's wrong?''

She turned slowly to look at him, her eyes glistening as they met with his. "N-Nothing... You're just the first person who's actually taken an interest in talking to me, without pleading for your life.." She said in a low voice. As he walked over, she shyly accepted the mug, and took a sip. It tasted sweet, and reminded her of a Summer day long ago, when her and a childhood friend were running through a field.

Ephrehn didn't hear about half of what she said, however, he was searching in his memories for a happy memory. After about 30 seconds, he thinks of when he was a child, with one of his long lost best friends, running down a long path of grass. Suddenly he takes a closer look in his mind about how the other child looked, and realized... He asked her, ''Sirian... Is that you?''

"Wait... E-Ephrehn?!" Sirian immediately hide her face, which was by now, twenty shades of red. How long had it been? She couldn't remember. Sirian and Rehn were, close and inseparable friends, to say the least. "H-How are you?? We've not seen each other in so long. You just up and disappeared. What happened?" She asked, looking into his eyes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.