The Crimson Echo (uninterred)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jorge." She felt her discomfort subsiding, the Crimson Echo's thrall was weakening. She felt her muscles tightening in the throes of one last series of spasms, and then it was gone. She could see him with clarity now. He was tangible after all, not some elusive phantom conjured of her guilt to haunt her. Upon wobbling knees she rose, her extended hand hovering in the space between them as if to beckon his grasp. "Of course I'm real, I didn't think you were though." Her words would linger for a few moments, before being devoured by the great devouring maw of darkness. "Jorge. What surname do you own? I am Hellinka Darknau." She confessed, without any implication that this revelation could be used against her. Did he have a weapon upon his person? She saw nothing which could hint as such. Either it was well hidden or he came unarmed. He appealed to her baser desires, she felt a flush of warmth upon her cheeks.

Meantime, the one whom prowled the streets under his quite fitting pseudonym was satisfying his own lusts for bloodshed.

"Dunstad. uncock your pistols... we have a guest. take the food to my private study and take some money from the cabinet. You are relived for the rest of the night." he said, huggign Hellinka tight to him. She woudl see the door open, a tall man in butlers clothes uncocking two pistols in his hands, and settign them in the crook of his arm, grabbing the food tray and going inside.

"Come inside. away from the night, Hellinka. COme into my home." he said, " I am jorge-anthony D. the world has forgotten my surname, and so have I." he whispered into her Ear. he could smell the nightlife upon her.

"I won't have you a street urchin a moment longer." he said, not yet relenquishing his embrace on her in the alleyway.

She briefly sank into his embrace, feeling his warmth clad her. He was scented of a recent bath, unlike she. As he ushered her into his residence, she took an uncertain step across the threshold, watching him in silence as he shut out the chill. She then eyed the Butler lowering his weapons per instruction, studying the man's facial expressions for a mere moment. "Jorge-Anthony D." She nodded softly. Hellinka then posed a rather peculiar query. "Who is Tanner? Are you good friends, or rivals?" She became wary of Jorge, because she knew the truth about his occupation. Was he aware that another murder took place within the hour? That someone met their end only a few streets away from where he stood? If he possessed a particularly keen eye, perhaps he would find the clues that would attest her criminal behavior. Would he continue to present himself so hospitably if he knew that she came to see him only after parting from the woman's faceless corpse? Would he condemn or condone her murderous side? She followed him to his study, carefully observing her surroundings as they made a transition through rooms.

She heard the Clock Tower boasting in the distance. Two hours past witching hour. The tavern would let out soon, inebriated fools left to their impaired wit in locating their domiciles. How many seductresses of the night would be slain? She reminisced of her altercation with the unknown assailant, he was a most curious man. He regarded her so casually, however threatening his words were meant to be.

"A useful man, nothing more. Just a go-between at the Yard who helps me with my business." He said simply, haveign her sit in his private study. shelves upon shelves of dusty books lined the walls all the way to the ceiling. Dunstad came with some plates and a bottle of red wine from teh cellar in his nightcoat, and put his hat on as he left the room. the backdoor chimed open, and he was gone. they where alone.

"And you... what business brings you to my house with fresh bloodstains on your shoe-tops?" he said. " Or is that just the vision returning to me one drop at a time?" He asked, his eyes suddenly lookeign around him, hopeing hsi books would not heave a vomit of gore, that when he lifted the tray to look at his meal there woudl be only a steamign fresh roast duck and broiled vegetables, nothing more.

And so there was. he Lifted the lid with a bit of enthusiasm and gawked at it. it was fine, frsh and smellign of rosemary and sage.

"Well, thank god for small miracles." he siad, leanign back in his chair opposite her at teh little oaken table. it had small ruts in the wooden surface here and there that seemed buffed out, maybe by sandpaper years and years ago.

Hellinka performed no extravagant gesture in situating herself upon the upholstered chair, her gaze adrift toward the shelves that contained many books. She looked intently upon the room as a whole, noticing an ink well upon his desk and the quill buried beneath several pages of parchment. Jorge seemed penchant to a disturbing sort of subject matter, many of the books appearing to convey a covert understanding of surgery techniques. Her oceanic eyes sought him once again, just in time to witness the unveiling of his dinner. The aroma of the generously portioned feast invoked hunger pangs in her, and bidded an increased output of saliva upon her tongue. It hadn't occurred to her until this very moment that she'd gone days without eating, and she found herself entranced by the sprigs of rosemary that topped the impressively corpulent fowl. The vibrant colors of the various vegetables drew her gaze then, and she admired the expert craftsmanship of the utensils and empty goblets. The decor of the room was mostly simplistic, although she noted some items of luxury, antiqued objects having been procured with his Policeman's salary.

She would exercise a certain level of restraint in waiting patiently for him to dole out her half of the meal, her teeth eager to sink into the roasted flesh of the bird. She had been previously unaware to the blood splatters which embellished her black boots, until the casual inquiry struck her ears. Her gaze traveled downward, momentarily lingering upon the crimson specks upon the oily sheen of her footwear. She grasped at pieces of thought then, attempting to conjure a plausible lie. Her shoulders bobbed in a subtle shrug, offering him a truthful explanation as opposed to some fantastic tale of deception. She decided to regale him in the butcheries which took place earlier in the night, and soon she would take him on a frightful voyage of the others that had occurred. "You see, only the killer herself could possess such an intimate knowledge of trivia, factual tid bits which unreleased by the press." Her hands seemed to orchestrate the change of air flow as she wove them about, until they fell folded upon her lap as she punctuated her words with silence.

"those are rather dangerous sounding words from one such as yourself, Hellinka." he said, handing her a plate of food he had been prepareign with for and knife while she found the words he had asked her for. Jorge cocked an eyebrow. he had seen her gaze flitter to his rather.. strange set of books. of all the books strewn about it was anatomy and physiology that were on his table, sketches of musculatures and tendons, locations of veins and the like.

"Are you saying you murdered someone tonight on your way here?" He asked, not seeming to flinch a bit. He knew she was strange... but exactly HOW strange was she?

She watched a carrot tumble from atop the heap of vegetables he'd portioned for her, and it continued to roll across her plate until it was penetrated by the tines of her fork. He didn't seem particularly taken aback by her confession, but did such a revelation even pique interest in him at all? Perhaps his response revealed such, or he was attempting to make small talk with her. "Yes." She admitted, with a simple nod. Her tone seemed manufactured, words spoken without conviction or remorse. "You show quite a fancy to chronicles of unsettling subject matter. Are you yourself disturbed?" She asked, a snicker danced across her lips. "I'm quite inclined to books of that nature as well, although I've never seen such books penned. I suppose that's because you've appropriated them all?" A forkful of carrot found its way toward her greedy mouth, and a delightful hum accompanied the task of mastication.

"Do compliment your Butler for his efforts." Her face brightened by a pleasant smile, and she proceeded to attack her food as in such a way to satiate her voracious appetite. She realized that consequentially her mannerisms seemed wholly unlady-like, that she didn't exactly exude etiquette in the act of consuming. The rim of the goblet tipped toward her lips, the wine was gone with a few hoggish slurps. "You going to partake?" Her brow rose quizzically, as she surveyed his untouched vittles. "So, does the notion of manipulating the human body appeal to you?" She then asked, in reference to his anatomical sketches. "You must realize then that there is one among the streets of London whom seems to carry out the notions of a similiar influence." She commented of the one coined Jack the Ripper, envy deepening the blue of her gaze. "How far have -you- delved into this world of madness?" Her greasy fingers sought the pages of parchment and she plucked them from the desk they decorated, leaving smudge marks at the corners per viewing.

"heh..so many questions. DO you think Becuase your real to me, and I to you that you deserve to know everythign about me, hellinka? those are dangerous thoughts in yor head, and those are answers I am not apt to entertaint eh answering of." he said pointedly, cuttign and ripping himself his own portion of duck and vegetables. he enjoed the solid bulgy crunch the wing made comeing from it's socket.

"I study what i will becuase it aids my understanding of myself, and others." he said, takeign hsi frist bite.

"For instance." he said, pulling the arm of his sleeve up. there where literally hundreds of scars, deep cuts one still with black threaded stitches on it.

"Did you know blocking a knife with the right momentum, though painful, can save your life?" he grinned. "self sacrifice has saved Mine eighty seven times.... and made me dangerous. I know what punishment i can take and suvive, i know what pnishment others cannot." he lowered a pristine silver fork to his plate and continued eating.

"As for you... i don't care what kind of blood stains you. from your words, your voice when i heard you for the first time.. i assume you can't control yourself whent eh visions come. My madness and yours are different... and i'm not sure which one is mroe dangerous honestly." he chuckled, a wicked grin on his face. truth be told when he was younger... he had killed. He knew the sight of a soul leaving ones body. the light in a mans eyes shoved completely otu of their being and burst intot he heavens.

He knew what he was talking about. And that was why(even if they knew it not) Scottland yard always Hired him back.

"Oh." She felt lightly offended by his lack of engaging her, although she understood that he seemed of sound mind. Earlier that day she sat amidst those of varying extents of impaired judgement, collectively divulging the darkest fantasies that burdened their souls. She listened to them swap tales of depravity and decadence, which they seemed all too content to admit in the midst of her company."I didn't mean to pry." Hellinka added, dismissing the notion of attempting to meddle in his affairs. She examined his scarrified arm with intrigue, feeling the heat of her hidden blade radiate through its sheathe. She became lost then, her eyes closing as the perverse melody filled her mind.

She imagined the human body in the likeness of a violin, the razor sharp edge of her dagger as a bow, rosined with the crimson juices of one's body, producing the sweet musics of discord as it was swept across one's throat, or sawed through one's limbs. Hellinka began to hum a strange, haunting tune, becoming further entranced by the concerto of screams that were actually fragments of memories of her past encounters. She rose, with rigid posture, extending her arms before her. Her palms were turned upward, fingers poised as if she were a mad maestro. She began conducting an unseen orchestra, a wall of mutilated souls in varying stages of decomposition. Instruments forged of their own broken down forms were summoned into existence, made tangible with flesh and bone that was bound together with sinew and veins of putrid, congealed blood as the chords. "Oh the spoils of death!" She exclaimed, feeling the rhythm of sound coursing throughout her body.

Halfway through lifting a bite of food to his mouth, Jorge froze, and his fork clattered to his plate silently, landing on his duckwing so it made no sound. his eyes wide as saucer plates stared forward at nothingness.

Now, jorgey boy had seen the echo of madness. smelled it and tasted it and FELT it... but it had never Been a sound. just a sound accompanied by no visions. But as Hellinka's mind invisioned the violin and bowstring, as she Heard the music in her ears, Jorge Heard it... and he heard more. Dark whisperes of things deep in his mind, regressions of Past sins, the faces of every criminal he had ever Killed when he was a young boy.

FOR JUSTICE... he had said. FOr righteousness and purity did he kill. But smart as he was when he was young, cunning as he coudl be, he knew he'd get caught someday. So he had to become pure, had to abstaiin from such behavior.

Back then he listened toa music. Forged of devils heartstrings and the need to devour life like it was oxygen.

"s-stop." he whimpered, grabbign his ears. he smelled blood. cold and iron. the rusty smell of a knife fresh with human blood. "stop.' he spoke a little, louder, standign up so his plate spilled ont eh wooden floor and he stumbled tot he left, then the right.

"Stop!" he barked a bit louder. somethign inside of him was rumbleing. HE heard somethgin else over the violin. a sound pounding out like thunder, bursting in his soul, breaking down teh walls of his Resolve that he had built up all those years ago. Eight years ago he stopped killing, started being a good christian. Eight years ago he abandoned the Devil the Crimson Echo evoked within him.

"For the love of god, woman, STOP!" he pleaded, tears streaming down his face."T-that music..." he began to stutter. She was not going to stop. He suddenly doubted she coudl even hear him.

"T-that music.. " he yelled louder, the wall was cracking, breaking... toppleing over above his head.

thump. thump thump...

Thump...

Thump thump...

Deep in his soul, the echo of a heartbeat turned electric and brittle by it's surrounding. Like a snare of Wires beat against a thunderbolt.

thump.

thump thump.

CRASH.

The choirs of hell where flooding out from the otherside of the wall of his resolve against Evil. He coudl hear Hellinka's part of the music. ANd now there was no hidding that Jorge had his own part to play in that choir, a part that everytime Hellinka heard the orchestra was missing, A timpani missed it's cue, a bass drum fprgettign to play. Percussion. Jorge was the percussion, the Bones and roar of the orchestra, and his music was flutterign out like a door in another room was cracked and the sound was filtering out.

"THAT MUSIC!!!" he screeched, eyes red from strain, fingers diggign into his scalp from the pain. "NO!" HE roared, Red swirling in his vision, Hellinka's music Loud as if the whole of a symphony was crammed into his small study playing for his ears, drownign out the world.

Drowning out His soul. Awakening his demons.

Even the subtlest flexation of her fingers would invoke the striking of various notes, the music shaping, evolving into that of an infernal instrumental. Under her instruction, the flow of her masterpiece would be sinisterly sublime, the terrifying tempo would provoke one's thoughts to mayhem. The lids which curtained her azure orbs would unfurl so that she could behold her creation, rotting corpses made to defile their own physical essence as to produce the tune to this most morbid masterpiece, this lunatic lullaby.

Soon, the beautiful pitch of her music would begin to fade, the catastrophic crescendo evading her. Until this moment, she seemed completely oblivious to the effect it had on Jorge, until she was fully released from the sheer rapture of her oppressive opus. "Jorge?" She would run to him, falling to her knees at his side. "What is wrong? Are the visions overwhelming you?" Her hands fluttered to his face, her fingertips stroking his brow in an attempt to soothe him. "Jorge, speak to me...speak to me!" She cried panickedly, pondering what she could do for him.

His voice was trapped. sealed in a lead lined coffin and buried deep inside his lungs, which ached from the weight tof the words that begged to be release. He wanted to speak. TO yell at her, to grip her throat and tell ehr to NEVER play that music again, to slap her and hide in the corner, clutching his morals to his heart. But it was all fadeing. Years of rough discipline and harsh self-torturous regiments that kept him away from the pull of the madness.

Madness....

Madness...

Yes that was it. that was the straws he was grasping at, not sanity, but madness. Madness was the only friend he had anymore, the only claim of his soul was the insanity he caged, a wild beast inside him that everyday when he stared it in the face, affirmed his notions of self-worth and righteousness.

Jorge grabbed her hands on his face. not rough, but firm, Eyes closed as he started to breathe slowly.

"Don't.. d-do that... EVER again... a-around me." he whispered, pulling her hadns from his face a little and lettign them go.

He opened his eyes. Just a little more feral and distant than they where before. EYes she would recognize. Those where the eyes of a killer. Eyes that had seen death, ended life. Eyes that only the crimson echo coudl create. Living entities of devils wrath. HUmans with hearts sown deep withint he soil of anguish.

Her maniacal mind swole with that of fanciful figments, as if her taloned fingertips delved into the great recesses of his memory, seeking to explore the deepest depths of his subsconscious. Would light ever shine upon his most cloistered secrets? She knew that the darkness could easily become overtaken by even a miniscule refulgence in comparision, much like the diamond-like stars strewn across the pitch of night. Would this luminous prism, this ray of hope beckon toward it the phantasms of the past, the devils in seeking conviction for their guilt and the victimized in seeking reparations for the lives that were squandered in death?

She recalled a poem she'd heard as a child, perched upon her father's bended knee. "...Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss." She had contemplated its meaning, the words veiled in mystery. Could it be that as Virtue stared into the very face of adversity, her gaze did not waver as she was earnest in her faith, turned a deaf ear to His influence? That fright would not reside in her, even as she beheld His malefic nature, He, in turn, would recoil from her divine radiance, ashamed and defeated? Hellinka suffered no illusions in thinking herself to be the personification of Virtue, but she pondered the opposing factor of Jorge. She saw his world unfurling before her eyes, the ill-boding shades of his future gathering power as to descend upon a form in the throes of death. She did not wish for him to feel the pains he had inflicted upon others, succumb to the same, inevitable fate he had governed over countless human souls. Hellinka felt compassion for this individual, dare she admit...love? "I'm...sorry.." The apology felt uncomfortable and wholly foreign upon her tongue, as she never priorly had uttered those words to another. She submitted to his touch, the way his fingers enveloped her dainty hands.

"SORRY!?!" He stood up, her head still in his hands. Dark shadows wafted around his feet. was that the echoes?.. or.. was it real?

"SOrry?!?!" he hissed a little louder.

"That's all you can say?... THat sound.. that glorious, devilihs symphony of death... and you say SORRY!?!!!" he yelled, he coudl feel teh muscles and tendons and vertebrae in her neck strainign from literally being picked up off the ground. was he truly that strong? he was no towering man ro burly brawler. he was simple, and plain. He was just Jorge. Nothing special about him save his brain.

"Sorry." he said oncemore, lettign go of her face, lettign her heels find purchase on the ground merely an inch below where they where dangleing over the surface of the beige tattered carpet beneath.

Whatever mist had gathere dissipated. whatever madness had coem over him sunk back intot he depths of his soul, like a Bear descending back into his cave or a vampire into it's coffin. There was only room for jore inside jorge, and that's how he saw it, and therefore how he MADE it be. That was his power, his mind, his soul did not surrender.

He was a warrior deep inside his heart. But he only knew how to fight himself. His hands where uncomfortable with weapons. his eyes unoccustomed to the site of a gun.

"You may stay the night. Have a Warm bath and breakfast. In the morning there will be another death. i think we both know that. maybe two or three in seperate places. and when that happens, people will start to thinkt he obvious. THere is more than one killer. ANd so we must watch our actions. I won't protect you. But i understand you. THe Echoes we both hear. see. smell. THey make us hold our lives close to deaths door, but i won't EVER give into it. I am JOrge. I Am ONLY jorge. and nothign else gets to control me, not even this." he said, pointing to his heart.

"So what will YOU do about it?" He said, glareing at her with serious eyes and mute expression otherwise.

Hellinka wheeled away from him, a hand instinctively fluttering to her throat, in an attempt to soothe the welts forming from his constricting grasp. She gasped for air, which found her lungs in shallow spurts, the muscular structure of her lower extremities stretched and sore. Was this brief waltz with death to be an omen, of the outcome that perhaps awaited her up ahead? In many ways, it had resembled what she witnessed of one's visit to the gallows. The sheer strength of the braided noose, as one's body would be bidded a lengthy levitation, the ligature marks resulting of it biting painfully into one's flesh. The body would dance in mid air, as if attached to the strings of a ghoulish marionette, the blood pooling in one's lower limbs. The prisoners would don execution hoods to conceal the horrors of protruding eyes and bloating of the face, the gruesome contortions of its features.

Would that darkness bring about a sense of remorse? She doubted that for most, anyway. Hellinka nodded. "Thank you, kindly." She continued to stroke her aching vocal muscles, a hoarseness to her voice. "I think I will retire to a bath now." Her body was clad in the residues of the day, blood and sweat which soaked through the fabrics of her dress. She realized the truth to his words, that the people of London would sooner or later begin putting the pieces of this macabre puzzle together. What of Jorge? Would he simply surrender himself to slumber for a while, his diabolical dreams a prelude of what was to come? She began approaching the door, the great oaken portal which would open to the bowels of the house.

"I feel as though I've been here before..." She spoke almost wistfully, wrestling recollections too vague. Shaking her head in an attempt to dispel the strange inklings, she then turned to face Jorge. "Let us raise our batons in position, strike up the band. Perhaps tonight shall lay down the foundation to our greatest masterpiece to date. A fusion of screams, blood and gore. The rhythm of rasping breath, the quickened pulse of our hearts overwrought with a sudden boost of adrenaline. All the sounds of the night working together as to produce a euphonic rendition which transcends the genius of the composers that have graced the world with their musical measures. "

"Shut up." he Said, Faceing the wall, not looking At Hellinka. He looked hard at a book on teh far wall, concentrateing on it, makeing it the singular focus of his mind. A single maggot crawled out of the bindings top following a trail of oozy rotten blood. Moments leter, a spider with shadows quivering over it's too-many legs scampered out of the shelf and grabbed the maggot. Jorge smirked at that. It was HIS spider. His hatred, his loathing for the darkness in his mind. He would conquor it and he would become IT'S master instead!

"Next time you feel the need to say i am part of your madness. Hold your Tongue Hellinka. i want no part of it." he said. "All houses in london look the same inside." he scoffed.

"This city is a far cry from imaginative."

Her eyes fixated upon his coldly, she then made her way out of the room. Once she reached her destination, she softly closed the door and disrobed, undeterred by shame. Her dress slid down the contours of her lithe body seductively, and she immersed herself in the tepid water that was perfumed of lavender oil. Hellinka's mind entertained her with thoughts of what was to transpire before morning. She imagined herself stalking the streets of London, under the cover of the rolling fog, the Siren's song of her blade beckoning to wake the groggy souls from slumber. Would she exercise a level of restraint this time? She felt it a duty to greatly reduce in number the populace which polluted the city. She thought of Jorge's words, assuming that her responses struck a chord in him. She sunk further in the bath, beholding the glass-like surface of the water from underneath. Hellinka would view her surroundings in this manner with baited breath until her lungs burned for oxygen, then in a sudden attempt to save herself from expiring, she would rise to a recumbent position, her long, blonde tresses adhering to her face and shoulders. Jorge seemed like a spoil sport of sorts, claiming the city to be bleak and uninspiring. She found much about it to motivate her, although it would arouse her darker side.

About an hour passed when she would emerge from the bath, drying herself and dressing hurriedly as she had engagements to keep, and slipped out the front door without so much as a word exchanged between herself and Jorge. She approached the tavern at a slow interval, her footsteps paused as she peered in through the great window, to observe the dancing and drunken clamor for a while. Alcohol seemed to provide in these people a false sense of confidence, those whom were usually quite reserved in society seemed to relish in making fools of themselves here. She witnessed some women performing the uncoordinated movements to what was called frolicking, people cavorting in a truly shameful fashion. The bar brawls didn't really seem to faze her, horribly aimed punches launched at one another seemed to rarely inflict damage upon the intended opponent. More often, fists seemed to connect with casualties, women clapping and goading the fights on, or displaying 'come hither' gestures toward anyone that caught their attention. Soon, surly men wore their own blood or that of others like a badge of war, the effeminate crooning the praises of their manly counterparts and hanging about their arms like trophies won. A rather thin, limp wristed male sauntered toward the door, after blowing kisses to the more masculine of occupants. "I've a brother whom would strike your fancy." Hellinka coaxed him into following her to a random alleyway, his slurred speech reflecting surprise as he found it to be void of persons other than the two.

She let out a harsh sort of laughter, her daunting presence further encroaching upon him as he fell upon his knees, a wave of vomit surging up his throat. As he was preoccupied with the expelling of his stomach contents, the edge of Hellinka's blade found his throat, loosening upon the front of him a bib of blood. She would remain with this individual long enough to hear his gurgles of protest, a sickly sweet, coppery scent finding her nostrils. She smiled and inhaled deeply, her posture relaxing as if the fragrance of his vital fluids was therapeutic in some way. The tip of her dagger descended upon him in a such a way as to alter his facial structure, flesh flayed from his cheeks and about his eyes, to expose the dermis that lay beneath the protective cloak of outer skin. She sought to accentuate his naturally thin pout, forming upon him a blood soaked smile that closely resembled the trademark feature of a Cheshire Cat. Oh, what an amusing experience this was, dropping to her knees so that she could inspect her work more critically. She was manipulating the human design, she considered her skill in creation equivalent to a godly ability. She would then leave his remains where they lay, his body a festering host as to birth a thousand maggots. She walked in the company of the waxing moon, musing upon her latest act of butchery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarge Heard her come down the stairs and leave. Good, he thought. One less conversation meant he had just that much more time to Rest his weary mind. He had a bit more of his dinner and stood up, putting the lid ont eh tray and took it back tot he kitchens cold-storeage room.

He slept soundly that night. For now he was armed with information he hadn't had before. There where TWO killers in London. Hellinka and the RIpper. The Ripper was takeing all the credit now. Jorge figured hellinka was fine with that. But somehow he didn't thinkt he Ripper was alright with it. He let his face sink into the pillow and Dreamed of the impossible day when he could be free of the Echo.

-----------------

"Well, that's a cheery way to murder someone." Jorge said, looking down at the dead mans face. His mouth ripped into a perfect cheshire grin.

"Good lord, Jorge, Have some respect for the dead." blusteered old Tanner as he held a handcerchief to his mouth.

"Did anyone see him leave the pub?" Jorge asked as he bent down to examine him more fully. It had rained that night, and the body was in a perfect round puddle only an inch deep of his own blood and juices. A paperboy found the corps int ha lleyway after stepping ina puddle of rainwater and blood that had been washed against teh sidewalk at the intersection a block away. smart little lad.

"He was a fruit. None of them rightly cared, the poor bastard." Tanner said shakeing his head. "My nephew thomas over in cheddar village is a fruit. Best damn violinist i ever met. Wonder if they knew eachother."

"Judgeing by the clothes, they might have played together. and look, he had callouses on his opposite Hand. A guitarist I'd say." Jorge noted.

Tanner looked rather pale for a moment until jorge mentioned the dead man was left handed. obviously he thought the worst only when jorge made his clever observations.

"You, my friend.. are INCREDIBLY high strung." he chuckled, takeing one of his instruments and jamming it into the chest of the corpse. a thermometer with a spiked metal end for retrieving the internal temperature of the body.

"heh. would you look at that." he grinned, doing the math. He knew hellinka had killed this one. not the ripper. He looked at her precious indulgence of artwork and shook his head. He woudl have MUCH rather had a musician in this world than a murderer who crafts dead flesh.

"Between midnight and one thirty difinitively. exact time is tricky, so i won't bother makeing false assumptions." He stood back up, removed hsi thermometer and cleaned it with a rage, settign it back in his case.

"Unfortunately the Rain has washed away absolutely anythgin else i can attain." he sighed, slipping one of hellinka's Hairs into his pocket. He'd have to tell her to be careful.

'why am i so jovial over this?' he thought to himself. his new insight from last night had indeed made him very happy though. He had solved the Case. too bad he'd never be able to turn Hellinka in.... well.. not until he could get her to help him get RID of his death-sight at least.

However, Now that he knew exactly how to divide the deaths.. Teh RIPPER was on borrowed time.

"Watch yourself." he smiled, walkign away from that crimescene, ready for the next one across town int eh bordell streets.

"Jorgey's coming for you." he laughed out loud. Tanner nearly shat himself from the suprise sound i the quiet morning london fog.

She thirsted for more. The act which had taken but moments to yield the ruination of many hadn't quelled her urges. Hellinka's whispering footsteps took her somewhere new this time, far away from the areas she usually operated. It awoke a strange sensation in her, the grandiose building at Whitehall Place. So this was where Jorge toiled sacrificed his freedom each day in the form of employment. She chuckled some, plucking from her pouch a single clove cigarette, an item retrieved from the homophile she visited her destruction upon earlier that night. Nervous fingers lifted it to her lips, and rummaged about the medium sized, leather bag for something in which to light it. Suddenly, she felt drippage upon her face, and her gaze shifted from the cavernous opening of the purse toward the skies, which were not yet conquered by gargantuan, misshapen storm clouds. Still, she felt as though the heavens had begun to weep upon her. Soon her fingertips became entangled in luxurious curls dampened by the ghostly raindrops, and her alabaster visage freckled of crimson hued pigmentations. Soon the ebony atmosphere would loosen a viscous volley onto her unshielded form, and Hellinka looked to herself, recoiling in horror. It was as if her dagger delved into the bosom of the void, to slay the heart of the universe. She would then view this phenomenon with new logic, and no longer feel tormented by the gore that fell upon her in torrents. Instead her face was upturned, as if each drop caressed her facial contours like a lover's touch, and her hips swayed softly, arms outstretched as if to summon it into an embrace. Peals of thunder shook her from her deluded reverie, and Hellinka turned away from the Police Station. She hoped to venture further toward the edifice, but decided against it, for it seemed as though the heavens were under siege by monstrous clouds, heavily pregnant with rain. Could she have suffered a rather gruesome premonition of this, her cognizance so impaired by psychosis that she simply interpreted it as a downpour of blood? She moved with urgency, wishing to spare her coiffure from becoming wet a second time since her bath. Despite her attempts at promptitude in seeking shelter, the cannonade above conjured forth precipitation, water and wind whisked the curl from her hair.

Hellinka pulled open the heavy door with strength lent of unspent fury, a scowl birthed upon her face as she made her way down the aisle. Opting for a middle pew, she slid onto the oaken seat, folding her arms over her ample bosom. When the Priest asked what troubled her, she merely regarded him in silence, her eyes in pursuit of him as he made his way toward the confessional. In her lifetime, she was unpracticed of religious beliefs, although she did acknowledge the presence of the benevolent deities and their counterparts, solely because if not such an afterlife existed, her purposes for murder would be for naught, her goals unrealized. She would have nothing to gain or lose. Every life she took was a separate act of rebellion against the divinities, in turn, she would champion the cause of demons. Disobeying the laws of Good, she considered herself in full compliance with the tenets of Evil. Hellinka heard the door of the confessional closing, a spark of mischief would briefly transhape her sour demeanor, reflecting upon her face an impish smile. She would play the role of a sinner in need of his absolution, filling his eager ear with a load of falsified transgressions. She would listen to his judgment with gritted teeth, and return to the pew as if in feigning contrition, and inact her penance. Hellinka would observe this man all the while, her blade poised in the folds of her voluminous skirts like a serpent in wait to strike its prey. When the Priest busied himself at the altar, she rose, approaching him slowly so that he wouldn't startle. She was certain that a struggle would ensue, and that he would easily overpower her in normal circumstances, so she would level the playing field by driving the tip of her blade into his lower back, as if she sought to sever his spine. She heard the sickly sound of brittle vertbrae cracking, her aim for the cord off only by centimeters. The man emitted an agonized groan, he began to plead to her, simultaneously clutching his wooden beads adorned with a small, golden idol. "Your Gods have turned but a deaf ear to you, man of the cloth. They do not think you worthy of the vestments you don, and thus you are a mockery unto them. They have abandoned you, fool. They do not reside within you, or within these walls." She turned slowly, her body poised upon tiptoe, broadening her reach toward either side of her body. "Don't you see that your church is but a house of empty promises? That evil could pass its threshold freely?"

Her hands clasped about the hilt of her dagger in a gesture mimicking that of prayer. "I shall show you that your worship does nothing to benefit you, that you and your flock are misguided fools!" He was at her mercy, his brown eyes widening with fear. As his fingertips neared his forehead in an act of anointing himself with blessed oil, the blade was drawn upward in an arc, and phalanges went flying. Blood spurted from the stumps that remained. Hellinka Darknau, the Baneful Blonde of Black Street, wouldn't show anyone mercy tonight. Instead, she would drag his partially paralyzed body to the holy water basin, and procede to force his face to break the tranquil surface of pool of liquid. As he struggled for breath, she would finally show him leniency, wishing not to end him in the form of drowning. Instead, the blade descended as if to insanguinate him, the blood of a mortal mixing with the collected tears of the Gods. She watched his body succumb to spasms, his head downward in the basin, the digits that were still attached to his hands clawing at the sides of it. Moments later he became still, having breathed his last into the very water he purified that evening. She laughed, figuring that for extra measure she would extract his tongue, and cram the prayer beads down his esophagus that was lubricated with his own blood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one called 'Tanner.' She felt as though the name was penned into her memory with a flaming quill. Jorge supplied her with enough information in prior discussions of his job that she felt confident in tracking him down. For now, she would simply adjourn to the tavern, solely to establish an alibi. She realized that most whom saw her wouldn't be creditable as witnesses, but surely the Bartender would speak with validity if questioned. Her blade, shealthed of coagluating blood was housed in her boot, she whistled a rather haunting tune which was borrowed of the street Minstrels she passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
"stare logn enough into the void and the void stares back at you." Tanner Yawned, looking down at Jorge, who was reading a book in his study. He had been reading all night. tryign to let the poems of sir alfred lord tennyson strafe the glimmering countenance of devilish beauty and sin that was hellinka from his mind just a littel bit longer. Hearign her gossomer enwined words enrobed in all that caramel sweet lust for death had made somethginsurface in Jorge he didn't like. A past he had thought was dealt with seven years ago. Seven years since he had taken a life. Seven years since he vowed the only lives he woudl ruin would be those of ruiners of life.

"Drink long enough from the bowl of justce and the bowl drowns you." he said back. Tanner counted his fingers sqiftly as if tryign to make sense of that

"what if my bowl is full of porridge first, and justice second?" Tanner asked, mocking Jorge, who tried not to laugh, or cock a smile for that matter.

"Than you've eaten too much and drank too little, hell if i know." he shook his head. Dunstad came in with his morning tea, andtwo cups. "THank you, dunstad. Trust you had a pleasant night off?" he asked teh butler.

"Yes quite, milord." He nodded. a big grin on his face. Dunstad was a gambler in his younger days. A brawler in his youth. Together it made him a mix of intellect and dangerous that made jorge feel very comfortable in the ageign man's presence. No doubt he'd spent the last night playign cards at the tauny baud pub, winning his weight in guiness before retireing to his small house in the village.

Tanner sat down at thesmall side-table int eh seat that Hellinka's rump had found just hours ago. Jorge sat aside from Tanner and prepared his tea methodically.

"Any news of murder last night yet?" jorge asked.

"Just a rather unhappy priest found dead infront of his holywater. No mystery there, someone caught him at the altar, sliced off soem fingers, and shived him." he sighed, takeing the first drink. "more common thatn whores and droves of pub-goers showing up dead."

Jorge chuckled a bit at that. " True, but even a single night of hiatus on OUR killers repetoir is a dangerous notion, is it not?" he cocked an eyebrow and took the first sip of his tea aswell.

The two talked for only a few minutes more thant he pot of earl grey lasted. Tanner took his leave to the Yard, and Jorge let himself off the carriage when they got to the church. he walked up, took a look at teh man, and left. common. that was wuite the way of putting it.

Jorge cglimpsed intot he echoes, smelling the Air. hellinka was close. not too close. but close. It didn't take him too long to track her down, comeign up behind her and grabbing her right arm, pinnign it behidn her back while his other hand entwinned between her fingers, gripping ina way that made her wrist weak as he walked her into the alleyway, a practiced thing he had developed for holding a woman at bay. they can't kick your crotch like that, can't reach for a bodice or boot dagger. but can't complain about being brutalized. her arm's where trapped and he kept his pace behind hers until he shoved her beautiful face against teh wall. int eh dark alley, it might've looked like he'd found himself a whore to have his way with more than a police investigation.

Only one last night eh?.. i suppose a priests soul is a bit more weighty to ferry across the styx than a few dozen weakminded drunks eh?" he hissed in her ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.