The Crew of The Sylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely going to take the Navigator and SpecOps four.

I'm in the military and this week has been a bit hectic for me, even getting a small post up for the CS has been hard. I have the time tonight however so do not fret.
Characters are reserved. Thanks for replying.

How soon can we begin the IC?

I can help NPC mechanic #1 until someone claims him, since I'm playing the bro mechanic and all.

EDIT:

Also, might be a good idea to move the interest check thread to the RP advertisement thread. Makes it more likely for peeps to apply. BUT make it clear the IC hasn't started but will soon. Some peeps care about that.

Last edited:
How soon can we begin the IC?
I wanted to start this weekend but got busy. I've already started the IC post I just need to finish it. Possibly will have something up tomorrow. But here is the main idea in case you guys want to working on your first post.

I don't know if I've already explained it but traveling to Corinth takes about one year. So, ten months out of this year the crew is placed in hypersleep, and the ship and crew are then monitor by AI (Ava). We are just waking up from hypersleep and dealing with the effects of being inanimate for so long, our bodies need to readjust to the change. There are some side effects to being in hypersleep, headaches, nausea, sensibility to light, muscle weakness, and some weight loss. So basically everyone will be dealing with this. You guys choose how bad or how quick you readjust - after all it isn't the first time for some of you.
I can help NPC mechanic #1 until someone claims him, since I'm playing the bro mechanic and all.

EDIT:

Also, might be a good idea to move the interest check thread to the RP advertisement thread. Makes it more likely for peeps to apply. BUT make it clear the IC hasn't started but will soon. Some peeps care about that.

That would be great, thanks. I'm going to have one of the other unclaimed crew members die during hypersleep. And I'll play the others until someone claims them or I kill them. LOL I'll post our RP on the advertisement thread.

Ex Machina updated The Crew of The Sylvania with a new update entry:

IC Thread Up

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay in getting the IC up, but alas here it is.

There is no rush to reply, everyone has seven days, and if you need more time just let me know. But not posting and not replying in the allotted time frame will give me the right to use your character, and if I have to play your character you will lose them. So please keep an open communications with me so that I don't have to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Battlestar-Galactica143.jpg

Name: Whitney Sarah Walker
Ethnicity: American
Personality: Talk about the embodiment of a strong, independant woman, Ms. Walker takes her job seriously. She's your no nonesense, no bullshit sort of woman that achieved the rank of First Officer for a very good damned reason. She demands respect and often gets it, too, for she proves her worth in all required fields. And if you expect to get out of work because you've got a cough, better turn around and try to get a chit somewhere else. This woman will save your life and fix just about any illness you can throw at her but if she sniffs out your skate story, you'll leave with a few more shots of the flu than you'd like.

Edit: Bumped her age by 10 years for all sorts of reasons.

transformers.jpg

Name: Connor Faraday
Ethnicity: Irish
Personality: Connor Is forever the optimist. He is always up for drinking and gambling and will never be seen without a smile save for when he's shooting, and only then because it might come out to be psychotic. Connor is a man of good advice and keeps to his promises and, really, is not a very complicated person at all. He does what he what he needs to do first and what he wants second.

Edit: Alright, well... I tried to trim these damn pictures but apparently Iwaku thinks they look better large. Sorry in advance.

Edit: Heh. I found how to use spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ex Machina
@CaptainFaux Don't worry about the images. Your characters are accepted. You are aware of both character's history with other crew members? Contact the other player and work out whatever details you guys need. You can post in the IC as soon as your able. The virus will be Brainpox. I'll need to talk to you about that since you are playing the Doc. And finally, welcome!

Wooo! Thanks! I'll get to work right away.

Indeed, I'm aware of the relationships, though I don't imagine there will be any issues regarding history as of yet. :P

Wooo! Thanks! I'll get to work right away.

Indeed, I'm aware of the relationships, though I don't imagine there will be any issues regarding history as of yet. :P
Not really. I only added that so there is some personal drama between characters. And since one of your two characters will die, I thought it be interesting to see how that affects the other. Like the two brothers for example, one will die, and the father and son, one will die... etc...

Quick question. Is the spec ops member that's doing pushups a specific character? If it isn't, I can have my character be the one doing that. He seems like the type either dumb or ballsy enough to throw himself into pushups right after hypersleep.

Quick question. Is the spec ops member that's doing pushups a specific character? If it isn't, I can have my character be the one doing that. He seems like the type either dumb or ballsy enough to throw himself into pushups right after hypersleep.

I don't care if he ain't my SpecOps character so you're more than welcome to take that.

I don't care if he ain't my SpecOps character so you're more than welcome to take that.
Alright then, posted my intros. Hope there isn't a problem with anyone.

I'll jump in tomorrow. I didn't get any alerts.

Also... uh, this probably sucks on my part but, I'm going on a 3 week trip so my posting is going to be slow during that time.

I'll jump in tomorrow. I didn't get any alerts.

Also... uh, this probably sucks on my part but, I'm going on a 3 week trip so my posting is going to be slow during that time.
Thanks for letting me know in advance. Enjoy your trip.

He is the one spec ops member that wasn't claim.

Ex Machina updated The Crew of The Sylvania with a new update entry:

Layout and Details of the Sylvania

I want you all to have a general idea of the ship and its equipment, so I wrote down some information. It should help you visualize the ship. If you think I missed something, or you have questions and ideas feel free to speak your mind.

The Sylvania is an M-Class Starfreighter used as both an interstellar cruiser and a deep space cargo transport. The upper deck contains the main living areas, including the bridge, crew quarters (two people per room, except captain...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Managed a short post before I'm off. I'll try to pop in so my characters don't drag anything down, but my posts will likely be like the one I just posted.

They'll get better when I get back.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: RogueSphinx
Can I just voice my appreciation for our literary irish accents? They're cool. Just sayin'. :P I'm rather proud lol.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mglo
So I realized that I managed to screw up the Navigators last name and make it not the Captains, fixed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.