The Crew of The Sylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that's a zombie...

Also, you need 2 characters.

Name:Nise Kibo
Ethnicity:Dutch
Personality: Since her job is being a nurse, she is very caring. However, her regard for emotional stability is a little lackluster. She prefers everyone in fit, patched-up condition than happy. Despite this, she herself will once in a while use anti-depressants for herself. She is not truly depressed, just numbed from being an intensive care nurse in this business. However to those who hasn't been in her care she might appear to be. Her extensive knowledge of the body as well as the technology has allowed her to scale back her appearance to be in her later twenties. She claims it is to keep her body it good health for as long as it works... but many think it's just for vanity.

Bio: She was a nurse before her move to here, but as soon as she arrived she became intensive care rather than her preferred job. Which would be caring for anything that resembled a child since she used to work with many children. The more she learned the more scared she got, to the point where she had to calm down or couldn't work. She wasn't scared of the blood or guts, just the lust for human death that seemed to be written on every scar and missing limb. She was told of the biological abominations, but she never fully comprehended them until she saw the damage they did at least once a day. She numbed herself on her anti-depressants. Sometimes, the ones that weren't permitted for her use. Eventually she just calmed down until she could fluently reassemble someone without pulling a single face. She is still full of life, getting angry at the ones who get harmed because they were stupid, making some of her patients regard her with fear. Nise still smiles and laughs, and actually loves to make morbid puns.

(Note: Sorry about the picture, most nurse photos I found didn't fit a sci-fi horror feel or were... exposing more skin than needed.)
You get points for effort. But I'm gonna pass on your character.

Gosh, Daspro. I feel bad now. Is not that I don't like the character, just that she's not what I'm looking for. *gives out consolation cookies *

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention there's no nurse role listed in the cast list. Although, the sn is orange so they're probably fairly new to the site. Iwaku can be difficult to navigate because its set up is different than most RP sites.

First Officer/Medical Officer (Gender Female): She's been with UniGen for 9 years. Has worked with the captain before, and had a romantic relationship with him, but that was two years ago. (Open)

^I imagined that as a nurse. I should've researched better. ;-;

• Thank You
Reactions: Mariposa
First Officer/Medical Officer (Gender Female): She's been with UniGen for 9 years. Has worked with the captain before, and had a romantic relationship with him, but that was two years ago. (Open)

^I imagined that as a nurse. I should've researched better. ;-;
There is no reason not to try again. I never said you can't try again. :)

But, yes, I'm not looking for a nurse. I need a mature female that has some real experience as a medical doctor, that is second in command of the Sylvania. I don't need a bio for the character, I only need the basic details. Everyone's history is pretty much tide to their job, these people have been working in space for a long time. So, technically their lives are lived aboard a ship, and because they all work for the same company it makes sense that some of them would have some type of relationship, know each other well, etc.

I would like to take the other mechanic, please. I will get working on his profile tonight.

I would like to take the other mechanic, please. I will get working on his profile tonight.
Sure, but you need to pick two characters. And don't forget to also cast a vote on the infection list. Please read all the rules and every post carefully. I don't need bios, only basic details and personality.

I wasn't sure which my second character was going to be yet; probably one of the remaining SpecOps. As for my vote, I like the sound of Brainpox over Collin's Syndrome, for the reason that the symptoms could also be quite interesting to play out- do they just have a cold, or are they soon to become a ravaging beast? It also seems a tad more active. I would rather play out a character becoming more aggressive than one that becomes sluggish.

Reactions: Ex Machina
Sure, but you need to pick two characters. And don't forget to also cast a vote on the infection list. Please read all the rules and every post carefully. I don't need bios, only basic details and personality.
I think bios should be allowed and maybe let the players give their characters a little more individuality. It'll give them a little more creative freedom.
How about the players can make their character however they'd like so long as it fits in with their role? The bio can take them wherever so long as they land in the position they need to be in doing whatever they need to be doing? It'll be nice to have characters with more individuality.

Gosh, Daspro. I feel bad now. Is not that I don't like the character, just that she's not what I'm looking for. *gives out consolation cookies *
Not even cookies will heal those wounds, wouldn't be surprised if there was news of a suicide, that's how savage it was, I r8 it 8 out of 8

update: I finished my character sheets. They may be short and hinting at their bio without giving much detail... It's in my head and I will be adding background stuff in IC. However, if y'all prefer I give more detail I'll volunteer it if you ask for it.

I wasn't sure which my second character was going to be yet; probably one of the remaining SpecOps. As for my vote, I like the sound of Brainpox over Collin's Syndrome, for the reason that the symptoms could also be quite interesting to play out- do they just have a cold, or are they soon to become a ravaging beast? It also seems a tad more active. I would rather play out a character becoming more aggressive than one that becomes sluggish.
Everyone seems to like Brainpox. I'm going to say it takes 24 hours for all the symptoms to run through before they become violent, start eating people, and die. Unless anyone has other suggestion?

I think bios should be allowed and maybe let the players give their characters a little more individuality. It'll give them a little more creative freedom.
How about the players can make their character however they'd like so long as it fits in with their role? The bio can take them wherever so long as they land in the position they need to be in doing whatever they need to be doing? It'll be nice to have characters with more individuality.
You can write a bio if you want (I think you already have), you are free to be creative with the CS, I said so when I provided it. I just don't need a bio and don't want people to feel that they need to write one — its my whole view about it. I prefer that you reveal other background through out the roleplay. It will make for a greater read (IMO).

The "history" I predetermined for the roles are so that there is some drama between characters. And I predetermined genders because I don't want a crew of all female characters. Nothing about it takes away individuality. By all means make these characters your own, but also follow the requirements I've asked. I've been fair, I've allowed changes, discussion is always welcome.

update: I finished my character sheets. They may be short and hinting at their bio without giving much detail... It's in my head and I will be adding background stuff in IC. However, if y'all prefer I give more detail I'll volunteer it if you ask for it.
Like I've said I don't need bios, but you are more than welcome to write one. I rather see it all play out IC. :thumbsup:

I'm interested in the navigator spot and maybe one of the SpecOps, but I have to say I don't like the idea of the Navigator being the Captain's son. But I'd work with it :P

Reactions: Ex Machina
Great! It looks like we may have a full cast if @KageKaioh and @FrostedCamel submit their CS. Once done, the votes collected on the virus will be counted, the most votes cast decides which virus was selected. I will post and update and open the IC.

Ex Machina updated The Crew of The Sylvania with a new update entry:

Head Count

Hi. I'm doing a head count to see who is still with us. Please reply. If we are all still here I'll open the IC and get us started.

Update!

We still have four roles open, but I think I'll play them as NPC. I can play the roles until someone else comes in or they can die early in the story.

The dominant choice for what virus we'll be facing is Brainpox. It should be interesting to see how we play this out.

For the time being I want you guys to discuss crew relations. Some of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm definitely going to take the Navigator and SpecOps four.

I'm in the military and this week has been a bit hectic for me, even getting a small post up for the CS has been hard. I have the time tonight however so do not fret.

Face Claim: Appearance
Name: Chirstiansen Darlington
Ethnicity: White British
Personality: Chirstian as he likes to be called, is quick with numbers and quicker with solutions. Christian has a very sarcastic sense of humor and tends to doubt his own judgement frequently. Graduating near the top of his class for Astro-Navigation and quickly leaving the Academy to job market that was competitive beyond belief. He didn't land a job for two years until his father put in a good word for him.

Face Claim: Appearance
Name: Alex Lukashenko
Ethnicity: Ukrainian National
Personality: Blunt and unforgiving, Alex tends to speak the facts rather than the sugar coated response and take the more... direct route of problem solving. Quick on his feet and a member of the SpecOps group for just over four months now, he is still considered "The Fucking New Guy".

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex Machina and Mglo
Status
Not open for further replies.