The Court of High Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for putting that up. I'm not going to change Eslaine now, since I quite like the character I've given her, but seeing those descriptions would definitely have changed my thinking if I hadn't put up a character yet.

Well, for one thing, I'd have had a much better idea about the ages of the magi, so I could have made Eslaine ~600 from the start, and it gives a better idea about the "titles" thing. Since they were self-selected by the characters, rather than being ascribed by the other members of the court, I picked a flower because it was both earth-y and pleasant, representing elegance and grace. They may not be attributes that Eslaine has, but she would have wanted people to think she was elegant when she joined the council.

Beyond that, I guess it's just the usual thing of seeing what someone else has come up with. The variety of skills, interests and aptitudes mentioned makes it clear that these aren't all serious mages. Eslaine would fit in reasonably well with the group, whilst I wasn't sure if I would end up playing the only character that wasn't seeking ultimate power in this roleplay. I had concerns of being surrounded by "serious business" magi-types, even down to younger/new members of the court being determined to prove their worth. That the canon includes an "administrative" character in the form of Sariel is something I certainly never considered.

I tend to skimp on seriousness. The Court is more dysfunctional than organized, but they all have their motivations.

Well, thank you very much ^^ I will try to edit my character, later after I will finish most of the things.

Hi, I've been gone for a bit, did I miss anything.

I never got updates about replies to this, so nothing actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.