The Coolest, Frostiest, Iciest Partner Search

About how cool is Icicle?

• Around 32 degrees Fahrenheit - or 0 degrees centigrade, if you live in Canada!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Colder than my soul.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Colder than the 9th circle of Hell. In winter. With a Bose-Einstein condensate of sodium atoms.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Warmer than the 6th circle of Hell. In summer. With Brad Pitt and Channing Tatum. And the Sun.

• Colder than yo' mama....woah. Sick burn. Frostburn.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares? Stay frosty. Be cool like Fonz. The coolest.

• Icicle! Hey! Icicle! You had a typo in your Partner Search Thread! Hah! I bet you'll never find it!

• lolololololol rainbow unicorns are greener than purple sunshine lolololololololol

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • THE ICICLE IS A LIE! A LIE I TELL YOU! HE BLEEDS JUST LIKE THE REST OF US!!!!!

• All of the above

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • None of the above - just kidding, I like trains. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-

• 0.0 <- YOU WILL OBEY!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Icicle

Original poster
Greetings!

My name is Icicle. I want people to roleplay with. I returned from a long hiatus around 3 months ago, but I haven’t been able to get any roleplays going. Out of all the partners I have met, not a single one has replied often enough to get past the planning phase.

So, in my desperation, I made the following decision: It’s time to make an interest check.

Click here.

The above link will provide you with, more or less, everything you need to know about me. Read through the information in that link from top to bottom. That should answer most of the questions you have. If it doesn’t, PM me! :D

One important caveat about how often I’m online: I can make myself free time whenever I want. I might say that I’m only available on weekends, or that I only reply once a week, but that’s not really true. There will be weeks in which I’m replying at light-speed, and some weeks in which I am so busy with school that I even have to stop chatting OOC. As long as you don’t want me to be online all day every day, I’m probably able to suit your needs as a roleplayer.
Now, for starters, I’m not here to have someone say, “I’m fine with whatever you want” and pass off all the responsibility of coming up with a setting, plot, and genre onto me. I want a partner who can contribute substantive and interesting details. Trust me, it’s not nearly as hard as it sounds, especially if you’re self-motivated.

Now then, some other traits I’m looking for in a roleplay partner:

- Gender: As a roleplayer, I don’t have a preference for what gender you are. That said, if you want there to be romance elements in our roleplay, your character must be the opposite gender of my own.

- Age: I am fine with roleplaying with anyone from age 14-30. The caveat to that is that, if romance is involved, you must be between the ages of 18-25. And, do note, I do not do libertine roleplays.

- Availability: So long as you are available at some point between 1200 and 2400 EST, and spare me at least 1-3 hours a week, you’re set. Also, if you know you’re not going to be able to reply for more than 3 days, I’d encourage you to tell me before leaving so that I won’t waste too much time checking my emails. If you’re going to be absent for more than a week, I will definitely want to know beforehand. I check my partners' online status and most recent activity, so ignoring me while going off to do other things is the fastest way to get onto my blacklist.

- Sexuality: The sexuality of your characters should be either straight or asexual, with few exceptions.

- OOC Chatting: I want a partner who is willing to chat with me. If we aren’t connected on a personal level, it’s going to be really easy for the roleplay to die and for you to make excuses about being “busy” while replying to other roleplays. So, if you like chatting, great! If you don’t like chatting, at least discuss your thoughts about the roleplay. Generally, when I first meet a partner, I really heavily emphasize planning out information about the roleplay. After that, I'll be more of a human and less of a "writer".

- Post Length: I’m looking for a balance between writing a ton and being active. I expect you to write at least 1500 words per week in terms of how many posts get out. I generally write at around 500 words per post when characters are in dialogue, so that’s around 2-3 small posts per week as a minimum, or maybe 1 or 2 posts and an OOC message, or some combination. First posts are generally around 2,000-2,500 words unless we do an adequate job with planning. Also, if you can post more words than the minimum I set, I’ll love you all the more.

- Writing Skill: I do not do roleplays below the Intermediate writing level, nor above Prestige. If you like the Douche writing level, go find a publisher or something. If you do gives-no-fucks or elementary, the amount of detail I go into during the roleplay planning will probably scare you off. I personally don't think that it's a lot of work, then again, I'm a DM for DnD, so I consider 25 hours to be "a lot" of work. If you want a faster paced roleplay, tell me and I'll try to limit my descriptiveness.

- Medium: Generally, I like roleplaying over threads here on Iwaku, because it’s super convenient to use the formatting tools and character sheets. If you don’t like threads, I can make a private Chatzy room for us if you want a chat-based RP, or we can roleplay through PMs or emails. I have a Gmail, yahoo, and Hotmail account. If you don’t want to roleplay in a thread, you should tell me.

- Planning/Brainstorming: I want partners who know the basics of planning out a roleplay. Just so you know what I’m talking about, here they are: To start a roleplay, you usually need 7 things in the following order:
- A Concept - This means proposing an idea which is both detailed and though-out enough to intrigue me. Usually a bit of magic and an "Epic Plot" is enough, but I'm a bit more picky with slice of life.
- Genres - Just propose a few.
- A Setting - Usually I try and google up a few references if we'll be using one building or city a lot. Or maybe some concept art. It helps with immersion.
- A Plot - We need enough of an idea to start with. We can keep discussing it as we go along.
- Characters - I always request character sheets for the main characters. Minor characters only need a short description with any relevant information, and maybe a picture for their appearance.
- Exposition - Just like with the plot, we need enough of an idea of what happens before the start of the roleplay that we can....well, so that we can start the roleplay. :P
- A Starting Point - Each journey has to start somewhere. The starting point has to involve a plot device which keeps our characters together so that we actually have a plot.

If you're not lazy, I can usually get that planning stuff over and done with in two-three days. If you're lazy you're going to frustrate me and likely waste time. So [please] don't be lazy, or if you're going to be lazy, tell me beforehand. >.>

- Interests: You should be interested in either anime or videogames, or both, if you want to get along with me. I haven’t had many great experiences with realistic roleplays, and I don’t watch TV very often. I’m not a very passionate person, so I don’t have any fandoms, but I get most of my ideas from some form of animated media. But I love magic, supernatural, science, medicine, and analytical thinking, and I prefer historical settings to future or modern settings, with a few rare exceptions.

- Ideas: I don’t expect you to like any of the ideas I’ll provide below. But whether or not you do, when you send me that PM, I expect you to have some semblance of an idea about what kind of roleplay you want with me. The more ideas you have to provide, the better. If we don’t have a roleplay all planned out in two weeks’ time, that’s a good sign that you should be pursuing a different partner, and I’m most likely going to stop pursuing a roleplay with you.
Now, here are a few animes and video games I have watched or played before. I have at least seen or heard about far more than those listed below, so feel free to ask about any fandom or work you want to base a roleplay off of. But keep in mind, the only cannon character I'm willing to play is Aisaka Taiga.

And if we do a roleplay in the Toradora verse...

...I will be Aisaka Taiga.

0.0 <- Icy stare of the TAIGA

...carry on.

Accel World (One of my Favorites)
Afro Samurai
Akame ga Kill
Angel Beats
Barakamon
Beyond the Boundary
Black Cat
Blood Lad
Blue Exorcist
Cat Planet Cuties
Charlotte
Chobits
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Code Geass
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Darker than Black
Darker than Black Gemini of the Meteor
Date A Live
Deadman Wonderland
Durarara
D-Frag
Fooly Cooly
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Gakuen Alice
Gate
Ga-rei Zero
Gosick
Gurren Lagan (One of my Favorites)
Hunter x Hunter (One of my Favorites)
Hyouka
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungon?
Ixion Saga
Kagami no Asobi
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Kanojo Ga Flag Wo Oraretara
Kanokon
Kill La Kill
Koe de Oshigoto!
Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb
Hidan No Aria
Little Witch Academia
Log Horizon 2
Lucky Star
Madaka Box
Magi: Kingdom of Magic
Magi: Labrynth of Magic
Mirai Nikki
Mondaiji-tachi Ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu Yo?
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
Natsume Yujin-Cho
Natsume Yujin-Cho Shi
Nanatsu no Taizai
Night Wizard
No Game No Life
Non Non Biyori
Noragami
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu
Outbreak Company
Overloard
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Parasyte -the maxim-
Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (One of my Favorites)
Sankarea
Shingeki no Kyogin
Squid Girl
Soul Eater (One of my Favorites)
Spice and Wolf I (One of my Favorites)
Spice and Wolf II (One of my Favorites)
Steins;Gate (One of my Favorites)
Sword Art Online I
Sword Art Online II
The Devil is a Part Timer
The Irregular at Magic High School
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Sacred Blacksmith
The Tower of DRUAGA the Aegis of URUK
Tiger & Bunny
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Toaru Majutsu No Index II
Tokyo Ghoul
Toradora (One of my Favorites)
Towa no Quon
Trigun
Utawarerumono
Watamote
Witch Craft Works
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Zero no Tsukaima
Arma 2
Arma 2: DayZ Mod
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
Aura Kingdom
BioShock
BioShock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Blacklight: Retribution
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
BRINK
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 5: World at War (PS3)
Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty 7: Black Ops (PS3)
Counter-Strike: Source
Demigod
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Nest
Dungeons & Dragons Online
Dungeons of Dredmor (One of my Favorites)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (One of my Favorites – Heavily Modded)
Fallout 3 – Game of the Year Edition (One of my Favorites – Heavily Moded)
Fallout: New Vegas
Garry’s Mod
Half-Life 2 (One of my Favorites)
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Killing Floor (One of my Favorites)
Loadout
Mabinogi (One of my Favorites)
Magika
MapleStory
Metro: Last Light
[The] Mighty Quest For Epic Loot
Minecraft
Mount & Blade
Mount & Blade: Warband
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Nosgoth
One Way Heroics
Orcs Must Die! 2
Painkiller: Black Edition
Painkiller Overdose
Painkiller: Resurrection
Painkiller: Redemption
Painkiller: Recurring Evil
Painkiller Hell & Damnation
Path of Exile
Planetside 2
Portal
Sanctum 2
Sid Meier’s Civilization V
Star Trek Online
Team Fortress 2
Terraria
Warframe
Wargame: AirLand Battle
Feel free to talk to me about anything you see above. I’m a bit more hazy about some of the video games, because I am never really able to complete them like I want to, but I’m more familiar with the animes.

Now for a few ideas. Keep in mind: The first few ideas are meant to be general suggestions of the types of roleplay ideas I like, the last two are suggestions for possible roleplays.

#1 – The Medieval Fantasy Action Adventure with Magic!
In concept, this is a simple idea: a simple character, living a simple, yet difficult life without any access to magic is suddenly forced into the world of magic without any explanation about what is happening. Who forces this simple character into the world of magic? A character from the world of magic, of course!
[Example - A farmgirl is on her way to the local market to buy some bread for her sick father. She finds a crowd of her neighbors around a statue in the middle of town. The statue wasn’t there yesterday, but sure enough, it’s there now. It seems as if it’s been there for years, in fact. After a week of messing around with the statue, the farmgirl tries saying the inscription on the pedestal in front of the statue aloud – suddenly, it comes alive, and kidnaps her!]

After the initial meeting, the two characters get to know each other a bit more and the goal of the magic character is revealed – the two must become exceptionally powerful in order to achieve a goal. The magic character can’t do this on his/her own, so the non-magical character is needed.
[Example continued - The living statue reveals that it is actually a cursed human, and that the farmgirl has taken upon herself part of his curse in order to allow him to move. The two must defeat the mage who originally imprisoned the person within the statue, or else, once one of the two dies, the other will remain an unmoving, unbreakable statue for the rest of eternity. Luckily, now that the farmgirl shares a curse with the living statue, she can use both of their magic energies for her spells. But will she learn to become a strong enough mage in time?]
The characters must encounter many challenges and opposition on the way to achieve their goal, but each challenge makes the characters stronger and smarter, and potentially, closer. After the goal is reached, perhaps a new goal arises, or the characters must seek to rectify or reverse the consequences of their actions leading up to the goal.
[Example continued – The mage and the statue must first seek out a druid in order to learn combat and defense magic, then they must find the young man’s body in order to learn who they must defeat, only to learn that it’s the king’s high mage! They must then fight through hordes of soldiers in order to get to the king’s high mage, and after a long, arduous battle, they succeed. But then they must figure out what to do with the king who ordered the mage to imprison the statue person within his statue. Will they kill him and allow his successor to take rule, or simply abandon the country and seek a new life in a neighboring kingdom?]

This plot mainly depends on the two characters and the setting. Usually a male – female pair works well. I like magic, so I usually have a magical character in this sort of roleplay.

-----
#2 – The Modern Fantasy Supernatural Action Mystery!
This story revolves around a character with supernatural abilities of some sort. Generally, he doesn’t have a goal until he meets the other character. Whether the other character has supernatural abilities or not, the first character realizes that something terrible will happen to the other character unless he does something about it.
[Example – A boy with the ability to manipulate sound as long as he cannot hear anything is enrolled in a high school. He becomes friends with a girl, but before too long, he discovers that his memories have been altered to keep himself from being discovered by a powerful government organization which he escaped from. Before long, the organization storms the high school in an attempt to re-claim him.]

The first character doesn’t actually have to want to help the other character – the other character can force the first character into helping him/her. The opposition reveals itself after awhile and starts it’s plan. In order to stop something bad from happening to both of themselves, the two characters must work together to stop the opposition.
[Example continued - Before the boy has the chance to react, a soldier handcuffs him to his friend and tries to subdue them, but the boy manages to prevent the two of them from being captured, and escapes from the school by using his ability to manipulate sound. The two characters are unable to remove the handcuffs because they’re high-tech, so they must figure out a way to either stop the organization, or to escape from it.]

Whether the characters succeed or fail, they must then figure out what to do with one another. Do they fight one another to the death? Do they decide to stay in touch in case something like this happens again? Or is another, even greater opposition revealed, forcing them to continue working together even more?
[Example continued – The two characters manage to break free of their handcuffs after infiltrating the organization’s headquarters, but they learn that the organization is not actually based in their country, but in the entire world! In order to take it down, they need to gain the assistance of other ability-users and use force to destroy the organizers of the organization, who are located somewhere else.]

This plot mainly depends on the setting, mainly if abilities are rare or not, and what countermeasures people have to the abilities. Also, the size of the setting should be on a small side because it’s a mystery, and making a larger setting for a mystery is harder and more cumbersome.

-------

#3 – The Fantasy Survival Adventure!
Unlike #1 or #2, #3 revolves around survival as a goal and nothing more. The two characters start on equal standing in regard to the situation they are in. Seeing no better alternative, they team up to stay alive, and have to face off against any situations which come their way.
[Many people volunteer to become a part of a program which will cryogenically freeze their bodies for many years, both for research and preservation purposes. People opt to do this because the threat of a nuclear war has been confirmed, and will begin any day now. Two characters are among the few who are okayed to join the program, and are cryogenically frozen for 110 years. Once they wake up, having not aged a single day since they went to sleep, they discover the automated robots delivering bodies to biohazard removal chambers – the cryogenic chambers only opened a few hours ago, and there were many, many systems which failed to perfectly preserve their inhabitants. Now, the two who survived are faced with the decision to either stay put and survive as long as they can with their provisional supplies, or to go out and explore the world, exposing themselves to danger, but potentially acquiring the supplies and help needed to create a thriving civilization.]

This one is much more dependent on the setting, even moreso than #2. What the characters encounter and discover drives the plot. It doesn’t have to be fallout-related, it could be any sort of story, but the main aspect which keeps the story going is the two character’s need to survive. The story ends once the characters establish a stable means to live out their lives.

-----

#4 – A Brand New World!
This story involves one character from one world/dimension, and another character from another world/dimension. Or, in some cases, both characters from one world going to a new one. What drives the plot this time is the characters’ desire to go back home, or to find some way to enjoy their new world.
[Example – A young man is walking back to his dorm room after a tough day of class in college, when he discovers a glowing circle in the bushes. Upon getting closer to inspect it, he determines that it’s some sort of computer or TV screen and reaches out to touch it, only to be drawn into a portal. He is then spat out of the other side and finds himself surrounded by a group of people holding sticks. They don’t speak his language, but they have a device which allows them to somehow understand each other despite the language barrier. The young man discovers that the most powerful mage in the known world used the last of his strength to summon the young man into his world, using his very last breath to complete the spell. The young man cannot escape the world and return home unless someone else becomes strong enough to reverse the old man’s spell, or unless he carries out the old man’s condition for summoning him to his world – to defeat a super-powerful demon by using the old man’s magic powers.]

The difference between this and #1 is that one or both of the characters have the experiences and knowledge of a different world and bring that knowledge and experience into their new world. Or, in some cases, they are able to go between worlds. This makes this idea much more dependent on the character or characters which go between worlds. The following is an exception to the previous statement:

[Example 2 – A few years after virtual reality is finally advanced to the point where people can fully be immersed into the electronic, virtual world, all virtual games are permanently banned from the world. Two characters have lived their lives playing video games on computers, but desperately desire to play a virtual game, at least once. At last, they get the chance, but only once they land in the virtual world do they realize why it was banned – The only video game which was successfully able to be ported to virtual worlds is itself a full world, and a fighting game, and if the user ever dies in the game, glitches in the game have the potential to kill the person in real life. But, winning in the game provides the winner with a unique advantage over those who do not play the game – the ability to electronically shift their consciousness beyond their body. The two characters must then decide whether or not to continue playing the game, or if they do, how to use this power, and on what.]

-----

#5 – The Super Sci-Fi Adventure!
This is generally a roleplay centered around the use of advanced technology and space ships to adventure and/or accomplish a goal. It could also be a slice of life or a romantic comedy, but generally it’s an adventure of some sort.
[Example – A powerful, scheming combat engineer spent the last ten years acquiring an unimaginable amount of money through illegal means, then changed his identity, bought a space-ship, and hired a crew, including the other character. The crew then sets out to accomplish the captain’s goal – to assassinate one of the heads of the Federation. However, the crew need only concern themselves with their own goals along the way – only the captain wants to do the assassination, the rest of the crew is free to come and go as they please.]

This story relies most on the setting, namely the technology and locations in space which are available to the characters. Below is another idea made to flesh this out a bit better.

[Example 2 – Portals between worlds have been developed many years ago, allowing instantaneous travel between planets, even if they are lightyears apart. Such technology is monumentally expensive, because in order to pay for it, space explorers have to acquire power crystals from the rubble and wastes of space. Our two characters are a two-person team of such explorers, some of the best in the field. But they aren’t without competition – other races and species also search deep space for such power crystals. One day, our two characters are captured by some such competition and are imprisoned as their ship is looted. They must find a way to survive the situation and to meet their quota, or they’ll not only die, but they’ll be out of a job, too!]

-----

Now for a few more specific ideas:
Title: Saviors of Haldor
Genre: Fantasy Magic Adventure
Setting: In the mountainous region of Haldor, a group of the wisest sages in the land, called the Haldor High Council, rule over the distribution of rations, clothing, arms and education materials across the region. Multiple vicious races plague the lower altitudes, however their thin blood disables them from surviving near the mountain tops, where the humans thrive.

The people of Haldor have varying degrees of technology. Due to unanimous access to stone, metals and magma, most towns are constructed from stone out of the face of the mountains. Blacksmithing is a chore, but the use of geothermal heat allows for construction of relatively high-quality tools. Projectile weapons are favored over melee weapons. The crossbow is the longest ranged of all current weapons, but strong wood is a commodity.

Factions of people join together within Haldor to accomplish goals such as trading, providing security, farming, blacksmithing, educating, and even fighting. Few gangs or crime factions exist. But the few which do are notorious throughout Haldor. Common folk tend to stick to their own business while paranoia and fear takes hold of the region.

The Haldor High Council rarely makes mistakes about any detail involving their jurisdiction. All the same, the vicious creatures of the surface level are gradually growing in numbers and in threat. Rumor and legend has been circulating that the monsters are being summoned by a group of evil sorcerers somewhere on the surface. No one yet knows what sorcerers are capable of, or where they are located.

Powers:
Three types of special powers can be bestowed to people throughout the region of Haldor, either through birth or by means of training. Each person can have only one special power, the likes of which can never be taken away or suppressed. The three types of special powers are Sense, Thought, and Deed.
-Sense powers alter one’s ability to sense/perceive information, ranging from lie detection to future sight. Sense powers do not affect traits such as vision, which can be taken away at the removal of the appropriate organs. Some sense powers happen at random intervals and cannot be controlled, such as future sight.
-Thought powers allow the user to alter the thoughts or senses of another sentient being. Examples include invisibility, vertigo, and paralysis. Thought powers cannot alter the consciousness or memory of another sentient being, and once the other being becomes aware of the nature of the power, its affect is lessened.
-Deed powers provide the user with a self-sacrificial means to alter the physical environment around them. Unlike the other two powers, Deed powers tend to be used specifically for combat situations. Examples of Deed powers include multiplied gravitation, fire conjuration, iron skin, and air repulsion. Deed powers inflict damage onto the user relative to the magnitude of the power, for instance, Multiplied Gravitation would leave fractures in various bones, and Fire Conjuration would burn the skin.

Characters: To be Determined
Plot: To be Determined

-----

Title: The Latent Experiment
Genre: Fiction Action Mystery
Setting: San Francisco, California. Modern Era in an Alternate Universe.
Over the past few years, ground-breaking theoretical physics research has been conducted for the betterment of society and the progression of scientific thought. Astoundingly, an independent research company called the Reloof Association for the Study of Time(RAST) has developed the blueprints for what could be the first time machine in history. Scientists around the world have been peer-editing the design and testing the theories associated with the concept, however no striking issues can be presented against the proposition.

Media buzz and debate topics about the ethics behind time travel suddenly shot through the world as the possibility became possible. For an entire month, one could never open a paper without news of time travel.

RAST tested the blueprints for their design in a lead bunker on the 2nd of September, 2010, however the result was inconclusive. After a repeated trial, the prototype violently exploded, a reaction exceeding all projected values exponentially. As a result, all related experiments were deemed taboo, and the blueprints were confiscated for the safety of the general public, as the prototype was identified as a weapon of mass destruction.

Ten years later, Year 2020, the media has steadily forgotten about time travel experiments after a constant bombardment of counter-theories from prestigious German and Swedish scientists. The research fund for theoretical physics returned to string theory and the world gradually returned to normal.

Current day, March 19, 2020. At precisely 11:59.99AM on March 20, 2020, the RAST institute will initiate experiment IAO3-02. All of reality, with the exception of three randomly selected people in the San Francisco area, along with two others will be affected by this experiment.

Characters: Two of the three unaffected people in the San Francisco area.
Plot: On March 20, a 24-hour, infinite time loop will commence. Only the five people left unaffected by the experiment will have any memory of the previous loops. The rest of the world will continue to operate in the same manner as it did before. These three people must figure out what is going on and how to stop it to resume normal life, while the other two must discover which three people were affected by the experiment and how they were affected.

-----

Title: "Catyclysm"
Genre: Fantasy Action Adventure Survival with Magic and Zombies and other Crap
Setting: A world-wide science-turned-terrorism organization named XEDRA developed many devices over its lifespan, including biotics, power armor, and advanced laser technology. However, their most well-known discovery to date is XE037, also known as "the blob." XE037 has the unique propensity to alter the phenotype of organizms which it parasitizes, allowing scientists to conduct research to isolate particular mutagens to induce specific mutations to those who inject the substance into themselves. If a person wanted cat ears or adamantine claws, all they needed was a hefty sum of money and government approval and they could become the test-subjects for an extremely unstable mutagen.

However, XE037 was soon determined to be much, much more than XEDRA, or even the governments of the world, could handle. The introduction of the blob into Earth's ecosystem drew in horrors and destruction the likes of which humans were never prepared to face. Triffids, Mycus and Nethereum were the three main terrors which invaded our world. The day that they did is now referred to as the "Catyclysm."

At first the world thought that XE037 was just a sort of mold, but it turned out to be much, much worse. The black ooze has an extremely violent tendency - if touched, it rapidly invades the aggressor's body and devours all the nerves, fats and nucleic acids it comes across, replacing said materials with it's own goop. In layman's terms, it eats people and animals from the inside out and uses their bodies as vehicles to turn them into "zombies". This material was later determined to have originated in the nether, and never travels too far from the portals from which they originate.

National governments stepped in to stop the spread of the black ooze only to find that the ooze was the least of their problems. In addition, a form of rapidly-spreading fungus which none of the scientists of the world ever before identified, and a sentient plant species known as Triffids planted spores and hearts across the forests of the world, generating hundreds of unwilling, thoughtless allies in the process. By using its spores to infect creatures and to turn them into unthinking slaves, they managed to decimate unprepared military forces. When the blobs and other nether creatures started riding onto the surface, all chaos ensued.

Weeks have passed since the catyclysm. The population of sentient, unmutated and unparasitized humans has dwindled to just over 20% of the previous total population. The technology, materials and efforts of the struggling world militaries and science organizations are the only reasons humankind is still capable of fighting back. Some humans claim to have achieved a "control" over certain aspects of the nether energy which leaked out from the portals, and the few outposts of survival which remain are either manned by heavily armed survivors, indiscriminately genocidal military personnel or desperate, insane bandits. The few individual wanderers which travel the outside world are few and far between.

The world's gone to shit. What's left to do but to take it back?

Characters: A male human combat alchemist and a female mutated human survivor. Note: you don't have to pick either of these characters - you can make your own. And, if you want to bend the gender of one of the rolls, I'd be fine with switching them around to accommodate you. :3

The human combat alchemist was an ex-military weapon-system designer before the Catyclysm. He heeded the warnings of the American Government and built a led bunker in the backyard of his tiny New England house. For a few days after the catyclysm, he studied the ammassed nether energy in his basement, unwittingly absorbing enough of it that his body mutated to start producing it on its own. Upon trying to use this energy, he discovered that he was able to transform wood into bread, and bread back into wood, among many other things. Upon applying this power in other ways, he eventually determined that he had gained the long-sought powers of an alchemist and decided that he would find a way to use his new-found powers to restore the world to the way it once was. After modifying his pistol using a hellton of firearms manufacturing and military tech documents which he produced back when society was still extant, he managed to fabricate a four-barrelled pistol optimized to fire fourty rounds simultaneously using metal storm technology, and which could be reloaded optimally using his alchemy powers. But, soon after getting the weapon finely tuned and figuring out how to use it, he ran out of supplies and had to leave his bunker in search of food.

The female mutated human survivor was more of a computer person. She spent a lot of time working with programs and breaking down security systems in foreign countries, then selling it back to the U.S. for profit. Her vacation back home just so happened to correspond with the start of the Catyclysm, and she was caught off-guard. With no way to defend herself, aside from a measly m9 military-grade handgun, she eventually had to bunker down in a house and stave off hunger by hunting the mutated animals in her backyard. Her unfortunate circumstances lasted long enough for her to be affected by the mutagens contained within the creatures, causing her to become a sort of cat-girl, growing cat-ears, feline eyes with slitted pupils, whiskers, a long tail, retractable claws, lynx fur around her cheeks, neck and shoulders, carnivore tendencies, an increased need for sleep, and extreme dexterity. While still distinctly human, her features distinguished her from normal people enough to cause multiple scavengers to try shooting her on sight. After waiting in her run-down house as shelter for a few days, she has run dangerously low on ammo, and is no longer able to find any creatures around her. After sewing together a cloak to stay warm and hide her cat-like features, and taking many, many deep breaths to calm her nerves, she ventured forth from her house in the search for a more hospitable shelter. Soon after leaving her house, however, she suddenly felt a massive shock across her body and grew a terrible thirst for blood. How this curse came to be, she knows not, but she gets the sense that if she doesn't drink blood soon, something horrible will happen.

Plot: The combat alchemist and cat girl work together to save the world. Or something like that. Survival is probably the primary goal for both characters.

Starting Point: The combat alchemist is being chased by a large pack of zombie dogs and discovers the cat girl lying on the ground, heavily inebriated and unconscious. He knows that if he leaves her there, she'll get eaten by the dogs and he'll be able to escape, but he knows that doing so would be akin to abandoning his goals. He swiftly picks her up, runs out into town, and with a bit of parkour, manages to drag her up to a rooftop. As he gets her up the ledge onto the roof, however, his leg gets bitten by a dog and he's forced to discharge a bullet from his firearm to make the dog release. After doing so, the two are left on the top of the building, surrounded by a large number of zombies which were attracted by the noise. The combat alchemist needs to heal his leg wound while the girl needs to wake up. Once they do, the true story will begin...

-----

And now for a few less-thought-out ideas:

- Finally, life is detected outside of earth. Space programs and governments across the world release press statements about how, "a vehicle has been detected around Pluto, moving erratically and releasing light. We have attempted to make contact, but to no avail. Most certainly, we are not alone in the universe." However, just as the world starts to buzz about just what exactly this vehicle could be, the vehicle answers the world on its own. It shoots over to America and lands - a car-sized floating vehicle, entirely coated in what looks like silicone-circuitry. The military is the first to greet the ship, but surprisingly, out pops what appears to be a human. His first words are, "Hello, world! Nice ta' meetcha. Mind if I wander around for a bit?" Immediately after, both he and his vehicle vanish. One week later, a figure of the same exact appearance as the human from earlier knocks on the door of the dorm of a up-and-coming university student and asks her to "help me learn about your culture!"

- A high-school graduate who decides to skip out on college and instead to pursue a career in video game making discovers that, after a few months of development, his game is actually developing itself. He tries to stop it, but discovers that, in order to do so, he must first defeat the game, but to his chagrin, it is co-op only. He invites many of the friends he thought he made in highschool over, but only one person from his entire graduating class agrees to help him, and he never spoke to her even once. Once they turn on the game and identify who they are and what classes they’ll play as, they are sucked into the constantly-developing game. At first, the whole world is black and white, but as they continue on through the game, it becomes more and more realistic until it’s almost indistinguishable from reality. The two characters must then decide whether or not they should actually defeat it.

- A powerful warrior prince fights his way to the top of a tower which is ruled by a powerful, evil demon mage only to be tricked into thinking that the mage fled and left a princess whom he had captured behind. The warrior frees the victim only to discover, too late, that the victim is actually the demon mage. With his surprise advantage, the demon mage overpowers the warrior and curses him to separate his soul from his body. The warrior must now make it all the way back to the tower and return to his body - but the demon mage's curse goes beyond merely separating him from his body. The magic prevents him from residing within the bodies of any men aside from himself - so he must find and convince a woman to aid him in his quest before it is too late!

- Humans "live" in a fantasy world full of death and torment, complete with dragons annihilating any traces of civilization they find on the surface, Kraken destroying everything at sea, and the even more destructive Burrowers devouring anything that tries setting up a house underground. The world is hell, but through a unique gift given to a select few of the humans, they are barely able to survive. This power is known as resonance, and allows a human to swap his or her soul out of his or her body and into that of another creature or object. However, once the human resonates with this other body, his or her original body dies and they can never resonate again. Through the work of many resonators, a rather large alliance of humans has managed to get a strong foothold in the world by working with resonators. However, said alliance is quickly put to the test as larger and larger creatures fight to control them. The resonators tried their best, but the overwhelming forces against them cannot be easily quelled, and soon, humans will once again be forced to hide in the shadows, unless something can be done. Luckily, the humans have found an ancient dungeon in which a legendary, impossibly powerful resonated sword is kept. With it's power, humans are certain that they will be able to remain above the surface. Although, unfortunately for them, the sword is extremely picky about whom he will allow to use him, and not even the strongest of warriors was even capable of lifting him from his place in the dungeon's floor. The only words which the sword utters when people try to free him from the ground are: "You pitiful humans, you couldn't possibly lift me! Looks like I'll be here another 100 years..." But alas, an adventurous girl manages to approach the sword against her parents' warnings and, amazingly, the paradigm shifts...

- A brutally beaten and damaged android manages to make it to the front door of someone's house off in the countryside. Androids are very uncommon, and extremely expensive, but almost impossible to differentiate from regular people aside from the circuitry hidden deep within their bodies as well as their behavior. They most often function either as soldiers or butlers of sorts, as far as the public is aware, but the companies which produce androids release little to no information about them aside to non-customers. This android is a guy, and the house he manages to land in front of is the residence of an agriculture student at a local university. The android managed to escape its fate, but why, and what lengths did it need to go to in order to manage this feat? What will happen to the android? What will happen to the unfortunate soul whose doorstep he landed at?
Well, that’s it for now. I’ll be editing this somewhat frequently, so don’t think that what I wrote is no longer applicable. Please send me a Private Message if you would like to roleplay, or even just if you want to chat….

…And always remember – Stay Frosty!
-Icicle

P.S. I may have gone overboard with the poll thing....Sorry. :O

Last edited by a moderator:
Icicles don't really bump into things, do they......

>.>

...I guess I'll poke this thread instead! Hah! Icy poke of death! :D

[Read: I'm still looking for some chill partners]

I added a few more ideas! Feel free to look them over!

Also, I'm still looking for a few partners.....

...Don't be shy! Just start a convo with me already! :P

Did someone mention time loops-

Did someone mention time loops-
It would appear that yet another person has discovered my damned microwave...I really have to get the thing fixed.

Are you sure about that poll, doe?
Hrm...
"Oh, there are polls? Cool!"

*Makes Poll*

"I wonder what I should put on here..."

*Makes a bazillion(read: 12) potential choices*

"Muahahaha! This'll be hilarious!"

-And so he posted the thread-

-Two days later-

*Re-reads over the poll choices once again*

"Those poll choices....they're a bit too much, aren't they..."

*Tries editing them*

*Can't*

"CRAP."
I suppose I went a bit overboard.

Oh well.

I consider it "stylized." Yeah, that sounds about right. I'll go with that for now.

How about ya elaborate on that microwave of yours? :^)

More like you have competition! Although I see you've surpassed me by far... Damn.
Never would've guessed that there were competitions going for polls. 0w0 Color me surprised. Or clear. After all, I am Ice, you know.

How about ya elaborate on that microwave of yours? :^)
It's a phone-activated microwave connected to a 42-inch Braun Tube TV which creates Kerr Black holes. Probably not the safest thing to be keeping around, me being an icicle and all, but it's helpful in my endeavors for wold domination.

I was more talking about the time loop idea under the "IDEAS" tab. The one involving RAST and San Fransisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.