The Conversion Initiative OOC & Sign-ups

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Shadicmaster, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Created By: Syelle | Run By: Shadicmaster
    T H E C O N V E R S I O N I N I T I A T I V E
    [19:27:09 - 15.09.16] Coulson, Phillip: "The avengers are dead."​

Yes, these scientists have identified you as a former S.H.I.E.L.D agent, kidnapped you and
    given you the abilities of one of the greatest heroes to ever live.
    But there's one question, who did you get?

Placement #01: Character ☼ User ☼ Iron Man

Placement #02: [Finley Cederholm] ☼ @FinhawkCaptain America
    S.H.I.E.L.D PERSONNEL FILE
    Agent's Name: Finley Cederholm
    Agent's Role: Field Operative
    Agent's No. AS 294 17 330
    DOB: 18th of February, 1990 [26]
    Appearance
    josh-duhamel-mohawk-gas.jpg
    Languages: Swedish
    Given Avenger: Captain America
    Citizenship: American Citizen
    Place of Birth: Flint, Michigan
    Marital Status: Single
    Education: High school dropout, S.H.I.E.L.D training
    Known Relatives:
    > Tabetha Cederholm [Mother] (Deceased)
    > Gavin Cederholm [Father]
    > Laney Williams [Sister]
    Powers: Improved strenght, endurance, stamina and speed.
    Abilities: Martial arts, is quite talented with handling a knife.
    Weaknesses: Despite his strengthened physical abilities, Finley is just a human and even though he can take a harsher blow than most, he definitely can't stop a bullet or a blade.
    In case he's under a lot of strain and using his abilities for long periods of time, his body will completely 'shut down' where even just standing up is almost an impossible task.

Personal Background | Biography
    Finley's family originally comes from Sweden and his parents moved to US when Finley's older sister was just a year old and he wasn't even in his mother's belly yet. Two years after the switch in scenery, Tabetha gave birth to another
    child. While the kids were growing up, the Cederholm family visited their home country on various occasions and often spoke Swedish by themselves. Laney and Finley especially loved speaking their native language in public and later in
    school just to see the confused stares of other people. They thought it was hilarious how no one understood them and they could even talk about the person next to them without them knowing. Though there was downsides to their
    origin as well as kids are never nice to those who are different.
    The Swedish boy was never really good at school from the very start. Not that he was stupid or had trouble learning, Finley just couldn't focus on what the teacher was babbling about and just sitting behind a desk was simply torture for
    him. Staying still was never his thing. As time rolled forward, he gradually lost interest in studying altogether and eventually fell into some bad crowd. Finley started skipping school which led to him completely dropping out during high
    school. He started hanging around the streets with his 'friends' and getting into fights while staying out late, rarely showing his face at home.
    Tabetha Cederholm was hit by a drunk driver when she was out looking for her son. Said son dealed with the loss with putting more anger into his fists as he pounded some other sorry sucker into the ground. Not too long after he had
    turned 18, the police picked him up again and instead of being locked up for an assault, Finley found himself being recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D who claimed they'd teach him how to fight properly instead of throwing punches blindly. The teen
    had no desire to go to jail so he accepted.
    Finley had no difficulties with keeping up with the physical training but in turn he sucked dealing with people and was a terrible team player. However, in the end, he turned out to become a decent agent no matter how few people
    actually tolerated him, let alone liked him. While on duty, Finley always had a way to turn off his emotions and do what was necessary for the misson. He could shoot a kid begging for their live without a blink of an eye. As a payment, he
    hasn't slept well in years.
    During his training and the time as an agent, Finley slowly grew apart from his two remaining family members and even ended up missing his sister's wedding while on a mission.

Q: After the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D in 2014, where did you go and what have you been doing since?
    A: Abandoning all he had, Finley turned himself into another homeless guy on the streets of NY, hiding in plain sight. After all, no one bothers to look twice at human trash. Though everything didn't always go by the book and he
    occasionally had to take down a HYDRA agent who got too close. When he was seemingly randomly snatched off the street, Finley put up one helluva fight which wasn't enough in the end. Thinking it was HYDRA, the young man was
    sure he was done for but instead, some weird and painful shit was done to him before he was tossed back on the street again.
    Q: Now that you have these new abilities, do you think you'll be able to control them?
    A: At first, surely not. Many glasses will shatter before he learns how to handle his strenght.
    Q: What's your first priority? Taking down HYDRA with your powers or taking revenge against the scientists?
    A: Finley wants answers, badly. However, as for now, he won't care where his abilities came from as they'll prove useful with taking down HYDRA.

Placement #03: [Dragomira Belle Bowie] ☼ @Sav The ZombitchThor

Agent's Name: Dragomira Belle Bowie
    Agent's Role: Field Operator
    Agent's No. AS 729 01 374
    DOB: January 1st, 1994

Appearance
    :[​IMG]
    Languages: Russian, German, Spanish, English, ASL, and a bit of Latin.
    Given Avenger: Thor
    Citizenship: American citizen
    Place of Birth: Perth, Scotland
    Education: S.H.I.E.L.D Training, basic Education; studied at Texas A&M Commerce University. Considering she tested, passed, and thus skipped a few grades; she graduated last year.
    Known Relatives:
    > Catriona Bowie(Mother)
    > Finlay Bowie(Brother)(Deceased)
    > Alastair Bowie(Brother)
    > Jarrod Bowie(Father)(Deceased)

Powers: Dragomira ages slower than most, though not as slow as Thor.
    Abilities: Dragomira excels best in hand-to-hand combat, as well as swordsmanship. She also inherited Thor's superhuman strength and endurance.
    Weaknesses: While she is very resistant to injury, it takes a toll on her, and she frequently passes out after a certain amount of damage is dealt, despite the injuries given to her in-battle hardly showing. This is most likely her body shutting down to heal, and most commonly can take anywhere from half an hour to a couple days for her to re-awaken. She also is technically not a 'god', and therefore is not immortal. While she is difficult to damage, and heals quickly, she doesn't have quite as thick of flesh and bones as Thor, and therefore, can be injured; her recovery time is also a bit longer. Another weakness of Dragomira's is that she is extremely ticklish. She's also easy to fluster and embarrass, and sees the good in everyone(even when it's not there). She is fairly easy to manipulate, due to this.
    ~Extra Information~

Hobbies: In her spare time, Dragomira can frequently be found writing, reading, sketching, or singing. She also loves to act.
    Pets:
    Fang (open)
    [​IMG] The lovely corn snake

Admiral (open)
    [​IMG]The English Shepherd

Maximus (open)
    [​IMG]The Alaskan Malamute/German Shepherd hybrid

Q: After the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D in 2014, where did you go and what have you been doing since?
    A: "I returned home, to visit my family. Though, it was not safe.. So, I returned to the United States, and took up a guise of a college student. Learned quite a few things, I did.."
    Q: Now that you have these new abilities, do you think you'll be able to control them?
    A: "I have faith in the god before me; I am certain he will guide me, and light the path for me."
    Q: What's your first priority? Taking down HYDRA with your powers or taking revenge against the scientists?
    A: "HYDRA must be stopped. We can't let them hurt anyone, anymore... I do not believe in revenge."
    Placement #04: [Character Name] ☼ [username] ☼ Black Widow

Placement #05: character name ☼ [username] ☼ Hawkeye

Placement #06: [Benjamin Morton] ☼ [@Officer Friendly] ☼ Hulk

Agent's Name:
    Benjamin Morton
    Agent's Role: [your job within S.H.I.E.L.D, remember, you don't have to be a field op. to know how to fight]
    Field Agent
    Agent's No. [just use AS 345 66 890 and change the numbers, but not the AS]
    256 207 719
    DOB: [please make sure your character is older than twenty-one]
    July 19th, 1984
    Appearance
    [​IMG]
    [absolutely no anime images, comic book or real people please]
    Languages: [your character doesn't have to know another language]

He knows French, Spanish, greek and english
    Given Avenger: [example. Iron Man, Captain America etc.]
    Bruce Banner|Hulk
    Citizenship:
    Canadian citizen
    Place of Birth:
    Windsor, Ontario Canada
    Marital Status:
    Separated
    Education:
    Harvard University.
    Known Relatives: [example. leave out those that do not apply]
    > Mother's Name:
    Janice Morton
    > Father's Name: David Morton
    > Sibling(s) Jake Morton (Brother MIA) Diane Morton (Sister)
    > Spouse/Lover: Abby Wellington (Divorced)
    Children: Devin Wellington
    Powers: [anything that can be classed as a superhero-esque endowment, such as Tony Stark's intelligence/suit, Cap's Serum]
    He has the anger and the being of the hulk, so whenever he's mad he turns into the hulk.
    Abilities: [these are more physical, such as martial arts, enhanced strength etc.]
    He is trained with martial arts. and is a black belt. He knows how to use a lot of guns and have good accuracy.
    Weaknesses: [you don't have to inherit all of your avengers' abilities which will avoid an overpowered character]
    He doesn't have Bruce Banner's intelligence, even though he's smart, he will never be as smart as banner. He only knows four languages so it will be hard to go to different countries.

[remember, with the first question, ALL S.H.I.E.L.D agents would have been hiding until this year [2016] to avoid DNA detection by the helicarrier. It has now been destroyed - see Timeline section]

A: I haven't been doing much, when this all happened i went back to see my family. I then traveled on the streets, got a small job at a coffee shop.
    A: I don't know, Bruce had a hard enough time and he's a genious.
    A: I'm gonna take down those scientists, i was on my way to a normal life with my family until they made me this way.

Placement #07: [Tamara Issander] ☼ @Sav The Zombitch ☼ Winter Soldier

Agent's Name: Tamara Evahna Issander
    Agent's Role: Interrogator and Tacticianist
    Agent's No. AS 609 41 372
    DOB: Sept. 13, 1987(29)

Appearance:[​IMG]
    Languages: English, German, Danish, Auslan, Russian, Korean, and Mongolian.
    Given Avenger: The Winter Soldier/The Wasp
    Citizenship: American Citizen
    Place of Birth: Glastonbury, England
    Education: Average
    -Known Relatives-
    > Antonia Issander(Mother)(Deceased)
    > Erikur Issander(Father)(Deceased)
    > Sybil Issander(Sister)
    > Wesley Winston(Cousin)
    > Quinton Winston(Uncle)
    > Arrabella Winston(Aunt)(Deceased)
    Powers: Genetic similarity to James Barnes. Possible inheritance of tech, armor, or weaponry previously owned by James. On top of this, she was transfused with the Wasp, giving her the ability of flight and size reduction.
    Abilities: Much like Bucky Barnes before her, Tamara took to an exceptional level of acrobatics. She also inherited his excellence in both armed and unarmed combat, as well as her athletic skill and stamina increasing upon alteration. On top of these inherited abilities, Tamara has also always been great at interrogation, and has a photographic memory. "They say it's a blessing... I say it's a curse from Satan himself."
    Weaknesses: After a severe car crash at a young age, in which Tamara broke her leg, her biggest weak point is her left shin. She is extremely witty, comedic, and fairly cocky, which frequently leads to her getting on people's nerves. Sometimes, Tamara has a tendency to act without thinking in order to protect others, which frequently leads to her flinging herself into fights or conflict she can't always handle. She has a weak spot for kids, especially orphans, and folk in need. Which, would lead to her being easy to deceive, if one were to disguise themselves to lure her into a trap. When reduced in size, she doesn't exactly pack much of a punch like Janet before her. She's much easier to harm in her small size, and when flying, tires easily. This leads to the necessity of breaks between, catching a ride on a teammate, or a crash landing. Because of this, while she can still lift things(or people) larger than her in this state, it causes her to tire even quicker. When in this fatigued state, she could be easier to capture, and is more susceptible to attack.
    -Extra Information-
    General Personality:
    Generally, Tamara can be a bit of a stick up the arse. She frequently cracks jokes at inappropriate times, pranks others, plays with her prey, and enjoys making witty comments or remarks at almost any time. She can come off as a bit arrogant and headstrong, but it's just a facade. Frequently, in combat, she's the distraction with the guns; ammunition, to her, = fun. However, she also will gladly use unarmed combat, and knows how to deliver a good beatdown. Deep down, she's a broken soul, who covers her sorrow, loss, and her starvation for love and just to be accepted with humor and wit. All she really wants is to be loved, accepted, and to help the world anyway she can. "But that's just it... You can never save everyone." She is also extremely empathetic, due to going through a lot of struggles for the entirety of her life. Despite her usual playful and witty attitude, since the experimentation, she has random bursts of seriousness, valor, and honor.

A: "I went back home. I gathered my things, did my best to lose my British accent, went back to the US and took up a job at an orphanage. Couldn't stand to watch the way those poor kids were treated.. Managed to stay off the radar for quite some time, too. Sure, sure.. I had to take down a few agents a time or two to keep their mouths shut, not that I minded, of course.."
    A: "Of course I will! I'm Tamara Issander; I can doanything!" Haha, nope. It'll definitely be taking this one quite some time to get her stuff down.
    A: "Hey hey, why not take two for one? I mean; those scientists work for HYDRA, right? I say we just go ahead and blow the old hell-hole sky-high!" While she may claim she'll get after the scientists for what they did, her priority would be HYDRA; they're the real threat to the world, and need to be dealt with, first.
    Placement #08: [Character Name] ☼ Username ☼ Ant-Man

Placement #09: [See Winter Soldier] ☼ Username ☼ Wasp

Placement #10: [Character Name] ☼ [username] ☼ Black Panther
    Placement #11: [Character Name] ☼ Username ☼ Quicksilver

17th September, 2016
    MEMORANDUM CLASSIFICATION: All Agent Levels Permitted
    SUBJECT: Dissolution of the Avengers Initiative
    Pertaining to the orders and wishes of Nicholas J Fury, the former Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, I have released this memorandum to inform all employees of the passing of the Avengers. Through these trying times, we have not only lost Earth's
    greatest heroes, but many of our own as well. If you are reading this, then that means you, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D have managed to escape the clutches of HYDRA. I commend your efforts and wish to convey my sincere gratitude for your
    service. Now that the Avengers have fallen, there is no longer a suitable defense against this threat and I urge all who have successfully found safety to stay hidden. While the notion of rebuilding a better, more morally correct
    organisation is a warming concept, I have the utmost confidence that those days are behind us. Stay hidden, stay safe, stay strong.

"To those who lost their lives fighting for Earth, may we remember them always."

Nicholas Fury
    Maria Hill
    Tony Stark
    Steve Rogers
    Thor Odinson
    Bruce Banner
    Natasha Romanoff
    Clint Barton
    James Buchanan Barnes
    Wanda Maximoff
    Victor Slade | Vision
    Piotr Maximoff
    Henry Pym
    Janet Van Dyne
    Samuel Wilson​
    Signed
    Director Phillip Coulson​
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Conversion Initiative
    Universe: Marvel Cinematic
    Timeline: Post Captain America: Three

HYDRA won. Two of the three Helicarriers from project Insight were destroyed, but one was stolen - stolen and taken back to Germany where HYDRA made certain improvements to the craft. It could not only identify the DNA of all
    S.H.I.E.L.D personnel but also the Avengers. Prepared to wage war between Germany and America, HYDRA began targeting the Avengers and those they loved; and after these incessant advances, the heroes finally fell. Though with that
    being said, Thor Odinson was the last remaining avenger and with a final feat, he brought down HYDRA's helicarrier but unfortunately lost his life in the process.

Timeline
    > Avengers: Age of Ultron
    The currenet Black Panther and Piotr join the Avengers after the defeat of Ultron
    The current Black Panther falls for Vision, the two become romantically involved
    > Ant-Man
    Henry Pym becomes the Ant-Man and aids Janet Van Dyne in avenging her father
    Janet Van Dyne later becomes the Wasp, gaining similar abilities to Pym as well as small, insectoid wings
    Both heroes eventually join the avengers team
    > Captain America: Three
    Steve and Sam Wilson track down Bucky in London, where they come face to face with HYDRA
    Bucky later regains his memories and condemns himself, though receives redemption from Steve
    Steve, Bucky and Sam return to America to find that HYDRA have returned with their helicarrier
    The Avengers and their allies are defeated and killed, though Thor brings down the helicarrier at the cost of his life
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Present Day,
    You were once an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. You loved your organisation and would gladly lay your life down to protect your planet. Whether you were a technician, a field operative or merely an assistant, you joined S.H.I.E.L.D for a reason. So
    understandably, after you learned of HYDRA's infiltration, you were shocked and found it difficult to trust those around you. The people you worked with could have been HYDRA, or you could have been a double agent that realised the
    error of your ways - either way, you're with the good guys now.

So after escaping the downfall of S.H.I.E.L.D and escaping the helicarrier attacks earlier in the year [2016] you're surprised to find yourself waking up inside of a machine. You don't recognise the contraption and outside of the sole, small
    port hole, you see a myriad of men and women in lab coats staring at you. Are they the good guys or the bad guys? You don't know, but you know one thing, and that is that you want out. However, the scientists clearly have other plans
    and as the machine begins to whir and make a rather disheartening sound, you feel your body becoming imbued with a powerful feeling; something so strong and overwhelming that the sheer pain of this procedure kills you.

Unbeknownst to you, you have been selected to be a guinea pig in an experimental procedure that endows ordinary people with abilities. You are not a monster, or a mutant but a hero. Everything should feel amazing and you should be
    over the moon, but you aren't; and that's because you've just been given the strength and abilities of a dead avenger. Yes, these scientists have identified you as a former S.H.I.E.L.D agent, kidnapped you and given you the abilities of
    one of the greatest heroes to ever live. But there's one question, who did you get?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    RULES (open)

1. Follow all Iwaku rules
    2. Keep relationships pg-13. Anything above that goes to the PMs
    3. Please limit cursing. I wont completely outlaw it, but at least use a bit more colorful language that those colors specifically.
    4. Dont leave people behind in posting. It is not yet decided as to whether or not there will be a posting order, but at the very least, dont post until two people, minimum, have posted.
    5. Post 'a true hero never dies' in your first post to prove you read the rules
    6. Whatever I say goes. Do not start up an argument with my processes of getting to a plot point, and dont argue with the plot itself. What GM/Co-GM says goes
    5. Keep OOC disputes to the OOC.
    6. You may be privledged enough to be told of a few future or current developments, and even my posts will have information about happenings outside of your character's range of influence. Be responsible please and limit your character's knowledge to what s/he should know. Just because you know something, that doesnt mean your character has to.
    7. Please post at least two paragraphs per post. If this will be difficult for you, talk to me and we can arrange something together/work on improving your posting length.​

Agent,

You are now an avenger, or rather an agent with abilities. You've just been thrown out of an SUV, confused and considerably more endowed than you were when you woke up - so now, there's only one thing to do. Take down HYDRA
    and save the world, of course.
    S.H.I.E.L.D PERSONNEL FILE
    Agent's Name:
    Agent's Role: [your job within S.H.I.E.L.D, remember, you don't have to be a field op. to know how to fight]
    Agent's No. [just use AS 345 66 890 and change the numbers, but not the AS]
    DOB: [please make sure your character is older than twenty-one]

Appearance
    [absolutely no anime images, comic book or real people please]
    Languages: [your character doesn't have to know another language]
    Given Avenger: [example. Iron Man, Captain America etc.]
    Citizenship:
    Place of Birth:
    Marital Status:
    Education:
    Known Relatives: [example. leave out those that do not apply]
    > Mother's Name
    > Father's Name
    > Sibling(s)
    > Spouse/Lover
    Powers: [anything that can be classed as a superhero-esque endowment, such as Tony Stark's intelligence/suit, Cap's Serum]
    Abilities: [these are more physical, such as martial arts, enhanced strength etc.]
    Weaknesses: [you don't have to inherit all of your avengers' abilities which will avoid an overpowered character]

Extra Information

[remember, with the first question, ALL S.H.I.E.L.D agents would have been hiding until this year [2016] to avoid DNA detection by the helicarrier. It has now been destroyed - see Timeline section]

A:
    A:
    A:

Attached Files:

#1 Shadicmaster, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Did Thor not make it?

3. 1. Please reread the rules.
    2. Syelle respectfully pulled out of the roleplay which is why I am the GM

4. Ah! Sorry, I missed the true hero never dies thing :3

5. Sorry about not having posted the IC. School got busy. Im getting my laptop wendsday and should be free most of the weekend. In the mean time, Ive been looking up theme songs for pplz! ^^

6. Oooh! Have you found any good ones?

7. All that I've found so far is remixed skillet songs. If you PM me, I can probably try and get them to you tonight.

8. I had just finished typing up the ic starter post...... And my laptop...... Died...... All that work..... Around 1,000 words....... And it's gone.......

I'm going to go die in a hole now....

9. Alright! The IC is up! It's in the first post, and basically, your character should go through something similar to mine. You would have just regained a semi consciousness after the procedure and were somehow transported to the room where Exavior is, unless you wish to start somewhere else. Then you would have to pm me to talk about it. If you want to start with some of the tail end of your procedure, pm me and I'll tell you what all happened in your specific procedure, because some of them are different. HAVE FUN GUYS!

10. :D Probably the first to post *Squeal!* Can't wait!

Sorry I wasn't posting xD I kind of forgot about this :3

11. Yey~ I'll start working on my first post. It'll probably take a while though so don't expect anything right away. :p

Also, speaking of theme songs, I think I might've bumped into one that could suit my Finnsie when I was randomly travelling through YouTube yesterday. I'd just have to find it again. xD

A true hero never dies folks.

Edit: Alright, posted~ .3. I hope it's fine like that.

#11 Finhawk, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  12. If no one else posts by tomorrow night, the unposted for/unexplained absences will be removed and we shall continue, even if this means I offer the opportunity to double up characters, or we just work with two.

• Love Love x 1
  13. "A true hero never dies."

I have a quick question; Do we have to chose from the specifically listed characters of the first post, or could we choose different members of the Avengers? Just wanted to check, to be sure.

14. they have to be of the characters listed. And since I haven't had a chance to update:
    Hulk is now available as orchid has left us unfortunately. Tonight I will have the list updated to include anyone who I kick for inactivity today, though they are more than welcome to rejoin.

• Thank Thank x 1
  15. Ah, alright.

Totally wasn't gonna ask to be Spidey or Miss Marvel if it didn't have to be off the list. Don't know what you're talking about.

In that case, may I reserve Thor, please? :3

16. lol, you bugger xP Sure thing. Now get to work! xD

17. Thanks youuu! :D

Sir yes sir! *Salutes and begins typing up a sheet.*

18. Wait, so.. For appearance, do we give a description? Or are we supposed to give real-life images? The way that one was stated has me a bit baffled. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. XD

19. Lol, I didn't make the Cs for this, the original GM did. But what it says is that a comic book or a real life picture is required. You may add a description if you see fit, but it is by no means necessary

20. Ah, alright. Thank you!