The Combined Planetary Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment she saw him slip, she knew that she wouldn't win this. Before she was able to move, his foot connected rather painfully with her ankle. Screeching in pain, she collapsed and fell hard against the puke covered floor. Her body made a slushing sound when it hit the vomit, causing her to puke from the smell alone. To any normal person, she deserved this. In all honesty, she needed to be taken down a peg. But not in her views; instead a hateful glance shot up towards Gwar as he walked off, only to be blocked by Tia. She shot up, limping. "You've made a powerful enemy today...do not think just because your guardian here is willing to try and stop this means that you've won. No, just means you've bought yourself time to dig a grave!" her voice was menacing, full of spite. Of course she didn't think that she was at fault here; she never did. She pushed Tia's rag away. "I don't need your help." She turned her back on the bottle of water and began to search through her belongings for her own rag. The doors began to open, amongst the fight Quinn hadn't noticed the ship had landed.

"Sir, there's been a fight on the ship...what is the course of action you want done?" an officer asked Julian, who stood there with a blank expression on his face. He gazed up at the officer, who in all honesty was much taller than Julian, with an annoyed expression. "What do you think I want done with the two responsible? They will be punished the moment they come out of that ship. I've seen the entire fight via my watch cam, and I can tell you that they will be made examples of." He had a deep voice for such a small man, but it was stern. The officer saluted and ran up the plank leading into the ship.

"Out, get out now! Leave your belongings and get out!" he shouted loudly, harshly. Cadets squabbled over one another just to follow the orders of this bellowing gentlemen. One cadet whispered to her companion of how they knew that this was the famous (or rather infamous) Drill Sergeant Julian Kayle. "Shhh, he'll hear you!" she giggled as they approached the officer. "Did I say you little squeebs could talk?! I said get out, and get out now!" his voice boomed through out the ship, making it sound like the intercom had come on the loudest it could go. The girls ran passed, one crying out of pure fear. Quinn, who'd been preoccupied, just walked steadily towards the officer as if she hadn't heard his need for them to hurry. Slung over her shoulder was her bag. The officer crossed his arms as she approached, and without warning, he snatched it and slammed her to the ground with a good amount of force, holding her down. "When I tell you to move and leave your bag behind Cadet Quinn Maine, I mean leave it behind and move!" he screamed as he pulled his knee off of her and pulled her up. Without hesitation, she ran out of the ship.

There was no amusement in Julian's eyes as he saw what the officer did. No sense of satisfaction, nothing. The cadets were lined up at attention, or so what they thought was attention. Julian paced back in forth silently in front of them for a moment, looking over each and every individual. He stopped in front of Quinn, out stretching one of his folded arms. "You, step out of line."

Quinn looked around but that earned her a sharp nudge in the ribs by the officer who slammed her to the ground, who'd been standing next to Julian. "Now cadet." She wanted so much to glare at him but dared not to; she knew that the officer very well may have broken one of her fingers just now. Stepping forward, her hands were hung at her sides and she stared straight forward. Julian lifted her arms straight out, and clicked. A couple of senior cadets, on the verge of graduation, came running up with four buckets. Two empty ones, and two full of rocks. Julian grasped two of the empty buckets and shoved them in Quinn's hands. "Alright, there are forty rocks in each of these two buckets. It appears that we've got a couple of brawlers on our hands, ones that saw fit to show off their strength before even coming here. I can assure you, you'll be impressing all these folks now...cadet Gwar, step out of the ranks," Julian ordered. His voice was calm, not even close to being what everyone saw as the 'Tyrant of Scorra'. Four more buckets were brought, two empty buckets handed to Gwar. "You are to keep your arms outstretched at all times, and you are to kick out with your feet like so," Julian stretched out his arms and began kicking up one foot, and then the other, "and your arms must never lose volume." He turned back to the other cadets. "Because your buddies here saw fit to play their little fighting club, you all will be showing them what it means to misbehave in the Legion. There will be a box of coats arriving soon, all of you will be putting them on, so you don't catch a chill while you run laps from here to that tree over there." He pointed to a dead palm tree that was at least a mile away. And it wasn't cold outside, in fact summer was just beginning, and the temperatures rose during the day. "For any of you that feel that they cannot make it anymore, you'll put a rock in one of their buckets. For any of you that feel that this punishment is unfair, put a rock in one of their buckets. For everytime you make it back here, put a rock in their buckets. Until the last person has contributed to this, we can move on. Once one of them collapses, we will cease. I can guarantee, the battle of strength will end here." Someone rode up in a jeep with four boxes of jackets. One was given to the cadets, not so caring either. After the last jacket was distributed, the officers drove off.

"Once you've your coat on, you may start." Looking at Quinn and Gwar, he raised a brow. "Begin."

• Love
Reactions: Shadicmaster
Khora smiled slightly at the cadet beside her, understanding quite well what sort of position they had all been thrust into, whether their past and culture had been peaceful or violent, their ways just and fair, or of the highest unbalance. A light dismissal of conversation was all that was left to be said as the ship landed and a man came up into the ship, bellowing at everyone to leave and leave whatever belongings they may have taken. A brief doubt rose in the Trelipher's mind as to if her nail guards would have counted as such. Just to be sure, she removed them from her covering and replaced them upon her nails before getting up and walking out, each stride of her own roughly matching one and a half of a much smaller being. She didn't keep such a 'leisurely' pace though, increasing to a brisk jog when she had the room to do so. This woman was no stranger to yelling men and intimidation tactics. She wasn't ever afraid of it, she just knew not to disobey those orders, called out so loudly as to deafen a person in close proximity. What really scared her, were people in authority, like her father, and now, like their drill sergeant, that were quiet. They knew how to keep cool, how to control with nothing more than a glance, like they had the eyes of a shepherding dog. Khora listened intently to each word coming from the man, no matter how uncomfortable she always was at attention, though, to be honest, her time in the ranks of the army of her father had long past, and she likely had a few faults in her form.

Punishment for fighting. If it was anyone other than the two cadets that fought a worthless battle, belittling their self-image, the Trelipharian Warrior would have objected, but for these two… The punishment fit the crime. But running in this warm, cozy weather (for her at least) with a jacket on? Even she wouldn't be able to run at peak capacity. Thinking beyond the fact that something that bulky would be constricting and hindering as she had never worn much more than her cultural wears, there was also the fact that the heat would accumulate for each movement, the thick fabric trapping it all and magnifying all the heat around her. There was no time for deliberation, though, the faintest of hesitations could be detected from her as she put on the jacket. She left it unbuttoned, ignoring the wind resistance it would give as a trade-off for its open face letting in at least a little bit of air as she runs, giving some cooling factor. With little more preparation than that, they were told to go, and so Khora did, taking off at, once again, a brisk jog, not wanting to leave her companions behind so early and alienate herself, though she fully planned to show her full running potential. The Trelipher was among the first to reach the tree, heading back at the same speed she had run up at, making it back to their starting point to place a rock in the dog anthromorph's bucket, then run back to the tree, picking up speed with each lap she finished until she was running at full speed, lapping others each time. She tried not to think of them as being jealous or offended by her ability and just tried to keep her mind clear, focused only on her one task. Running.

With a raised eyebrow, Tato did as was told to do. Part of Tato hoped that their things would be returned, but if the stories of the Legion were correct, none to very little of their things would be returned to them. Squished in between the cadets, Tato tried to not appear as uncomfortable as per felt-and failed horribly.
The punishment given was, for lack of better words, strange. It wasn't really what Tato expected. It felt harsh in comparison to punishments in Torren. But nevertheless, Tato took the jacket that was the closest to pers size and started to run after the other squeebs. And ran, and ran. Eventually, it was too much and Tato finally put a rock in both of their buckets.

She still wasn't happy, but at least she stopped. Gwar still smelled quit a bit like vomit as the ship landed. Quinn was still pissed at him, and it is now most likely that he'll never get to be friends with her, but alas, he has other friends with him today. Friends like Red, the evil part off his brain, he always has Red to count on. Oh and he also has this other person as a friend.

Drill Sergeant Julian Kayle.

The ship landed and an officer was there shouting louder than any merc's he's ever met; "Out, get out now! Leave your belongings and get out!" Crimson Axe training actually involved a chance of dying too. But this, probably a higher chance of dying. Nonetheless, Gwar got off without his belongings, considering the only belongings he has with him are a few pocket stuffs, like small gears and bolts, and the clothes he wore on himself. And got off quickly and casually, as if another day at the office. Another order was shouted; "Did I say you little squeebs could talk?! I said get out, and get out now!" He wasn't talking in the first place, and assumed it was for another person. Gwar was the obedient, little submissive tough animal that everyone loved. The only thing he needed was a goal, and now he does, to survive this training. He gained in line with the other cadets for attention.

And in front of everyone, standing there, was Julian. And he was not happy with the display Gwar and Quinn played out in the ship. So much for friends. He studied everyone. Gwar stood at attention, not looking around. Staring straight in front of him with seemingly no emotion. No more play. No more fun. Serious now. Gwar thought to himself, and thus, he became emotionless, obedient, yet for of thought like a totally different person emerged from this once-playful beast...

"Alright, there are forty rocks in each of these two buckets. It appears that we've got a couple of brawlers on our hands, ones that saw fit to show off their strength before even coming here. I can assure you, you'll be impressing all these folks now...cadet Gwar, step out of the ranks," He walked out, a blank expression on his face. He was handed two buckets, and was also instructed to hold his arms out and kick in place. "Because your buddies here saw fit to play their little fighting club, you all will be showing them what it means to misbehave in the Legion. There will be a box of coats arriving soon, all of you will be putting them on, so you don't catch a chill while you run laps from here to that tree over there. For any of you that feel that they cannot make it anymore, you'll put a rock in one of their buckets. For any of you that feel that this punishment is unfair, put a rock in one of their buckets. For every-time you make it back here, put a rock in their buckets. Until the last person has contributed to this, we can move on. Once one of them collapses, we will cease. I can guarantee, the battle of strength will end here." Gwar was facing Quinn, who was probably eager to see him. He greeted her with a smile, a final gesture of his happiness. And then, the first competition began. Julian spoke; "Begin."
And thus, the competition started.

Yes it's not really that, and such, but gwar wanted everything to be not a pain or a burden in life, but another moment worth living to see tomorrow, if this was supposed to be all-burden and no reward, then why would anyone join the legion. In the legion, you have gotta live your life to the fullest, for it means nothing to the Sqwobs. They've seen death, but one must ask themselves, have they ever seen life? Just then, 'CLUNK' The sound of the first rock hit his right bucket, it came from a Trelipher. Another one came in 'CLUNK' and another 'CLUNK' every five seconds 'CLUNK'
'CLUNK'
'CLUNK'
Several more rocks were thrown into his bucks, but it wasn't as much of an issue to him, the real issue was the heat. Like, Coat+Fur+Heat=Bad News. It started to make him pant a bit, so he decided to take his mind off the situation...and into his head, he crossed his eyes and looked up, and tilted his head side-to-side as he and Red talked, like he was possessed or something, and he spoke to Red;
See? Look what you made me do!
Me? I didn't do a thing! Who's idea was it to make friends with someone by picking a fight with them.
It worked with Ray and the mines!
You do know most people think of you as an over-sized pet, right?
No! I am someone to lean on! I will prove it! Just as I've always proved you wrong!

Sweat started dripping from his face as another barrage of rocks clunked its way into his bucket, and the heat started taking its toll too.
Gwar was getting tired...he might lose this competition.​

Quinn rolled her eyes and slumped her arms again. "This will be easy enough...mind giving us a harder punishment? I think dog breath over there might however be given too much credit-," she was cut off when someone from behind yanked her arms up, causing a muscle to pull in her right arm. She cried out but the harsh word of the seemingly calm man sent a chill up her spine. "Let that be a warning cadet; disobeying orders will earn you a quick and steady way to punishment!" his voice was wretched, and a couple cadets running by, who had heard as they dropped a rock into one of the empty buckets. It was then that Julian picked up one of the full buckets, appearing to not have any trouble whatsoever of lifting the large metal bucket, and poured half of it into one of Quinn's buckets, making her gasp at the sudden weight, and poured the rest into the other bucket. Quinn obviously had a hard time holding her arms up. Julian turned and grasped the other bucket, which was full of rocks, and walked casually over to Gwar.

Without a word, he repeated what he did with Quinn. Once the bucket was empty, he turned and looked at the two. "Now you share an equal amount of rocks in your buckets. Both of you do not belong to a race, you are nothing," he looked at their legs, and decided that they were not bringing them up high enough, "Keep those legs going! I want to see distance between your foot and the ground, and I want to see it like the ground is hotter than the south side of this planet!"

Quinn didn't know how long she could keep this up. Her arms ached and stung, the heat threatened to make her vomit. at this point, she wasn't even trying to show how hard of a time she was having. Sweat beat at her brow like water drizzling from a shower (which she was sure that she would need tonight). Finally, after her muscles could take no more, each rock added to the buckets was another tug on her sore arms, she finally caved. Her knees buckled and she fell, gasping as her arms throbbed. She looked up at Julian, who was in front of her in seconds. She started to look up but Julian stopped her. "Don't look at me, you don't have the right to look at me!" he looked around as some of the other cadets stopped; their plight, so they thought, was over. But Julian had a plan of action; they came here to work as a team, and they'd do just that. "All of you, at attention, now!" Julian screamed, holding his arm up at Gwar to stop and join the ranks.

"Quinn has taken it upon herself to dismiss herself from her duties. So, all of you are going to help her run to that palm tree and back four times; once for the words she chose on the bus, one for the blatant dismissal of her purpose here, one because of her attitude, one because of her inability to obey direct orders and another because I'm just generous that way. If she trips and falls, it is your job to pick her back up. If she slows, your job to get her going faster," he ordered, turning around. But he paused and looked back. "And to make sure that my point is clear, each of you will be paired up with someone to carry your own bucket of rocks."

• Love
The running and the heat had begun to play tricks upon the eyes of the young Trelipharian woman, her mind slowly beginning to drift back to her times within her mother tribe upon her home world as she continued to run.
[spoili]
"Khora-kunaimo! Y-you're going to fast for me..!" gasped a young boy with vibrant green eyes, panting and struggling to keep the fast running pace that the then 12 year old Khora could keep as they trained for their acceptance as warriors of the tribe.
"Junjuka-kunaimo, you have to keep up, or else they won't take you. You can't let your disability be trumped by my own ability. Just like I dont just let you win in sparring since you have a strong tail and I do not." said Khora rather bluntly, like a blow to the side as she sped up, catching herself slacking, though she knew that she was quickly tiring as well. The day had been hot and humid, and both 'moai' (or children, not yet warriors) were quickly dehydrating and hungering. Even so, there was little that could be done for the matter. They were both many miles away from their home, and would have to run back if they were to acquire any form of sustenance. If they were to go back, however, they would be questioned as to why they hadn't stayed out for longer and sent away, the effort having been futile. And so they they kept running, kept pushing each other further until they found themselves at the gathering spot. The sacred passage to where their journey to become a warrior would begin. Many of their peers were there, and two of the tribal elders were there. The spiritual guide, and the head chieftain, Khora's father.
"Here, you will stand together, fall together, and learn your place within our tribe. For if you have no place here, the spirits of your ancestors have no place for you within their hearts. You will survive, conquer the quest, and become a warrior, worthy of defending your home, or leave, an outcast for the eternity of your life." The opening ceremonial words of Khora's father struck fear into the hearts of many, but for her, it only made her stronger, made her want to run faster, fight harder, think smarter than anyone else there. She would find a place to belong.[/spoili]
The gathering of cadets transitioned from her hallucination back into reality, she stopping, thinking that she had missed some order in her daze, and lightly fanned herself with the open flaps of her jacket. The pleasure was short lived, however, as she was soon brought to attention and given a new order. More running. She didn't much mind something of that nature, though she was tired, pouring sweat, and hungry from the long trip and not having had any fresh kill to eat before being picked up. Not even some berry and root gatherings. A deep mental sigh followed her orders, though she didn't dare budge an inch as she was given a bucket and a partner, awaiting the command to get back to running.

Tia didn't hesitate to follow directions as she and the rest were ordered off the ship. It was finally showtime and she wasn't aiming to give bad impression on her first day. Without knowing how long she and the rest would be running, the woman ran at a steady pace as she tried to stay close towards the head of the pack whileas not going too fast to tire herself out. She was determined to make sure neither to make a fool of herself nor show incompetence, she was better than that. As she reached the duo, Tia dropped her rock off in Gwar's bucket before continuing to run. As she caught up with the stragglers at the end she could hear a man trying to talk to the runners about an idea to work together against one of the people holding the bucket. Although the idea the man brought up sounded like a good idea to her, she wasn't keen on going along with the plan. Although technically his idea didn't break the rules, the integrity would be lost in what the purpose of this exercise would be for if she went along with Dex's plan. Politely refusing his plan Tia continued on and left the man to run at his slow pace. She wasn't here to look for trouble by getting involved nor running at a lazy speed.

~.~
"Come on, if you want to get out of running quicker we need to work together." Dex said as he ran beside one of the cadets. Although the younger man was running at a pace slower than he would normally do if he was seriously running, Dex had no complaints. It would use less energy to run slower and with no idea of how long he would be running he didn't want to run farther than he had to. Although not angry at the two troublemakers, Dex wasn't too happy being forced to run first thing off the bus. After sitting for so long the least they could do was give him and the other cadets time to stretch their legs instead of wasting their time running. However as he ran, Dex started to form a few ideas that might come in handy.

"Are you sure this will work?"

"Of course. We were told to put rocks in the bucket. The imp didn't tell us where we had to put the rocks. If we work together and fill only one bucket logically it will tire one of them out sooner."

"So you want us to give all of our rocks to one person?"

"Not only that kid. We have to keep all the rocks on one side so that the weight on one arm becomes more than the other. With the weights lopsided it will take more energy to keep the two buckets equal while trying to keep themselves balanced."

"Who should we go after?"

"Musculature wise the woman probably would be a better bet. Statistically speaking most people are right handed so we should put the rocks in her left bucket. If you can pick up your speed, why don't you catch up with the runners ahead and I'll stay back here and try and mention it to the runners that pass us. What do you say?" Nodding in agreement Dex watched as the kid ran off, more than happy to stay behind and wait for the other runners to catch up. It would be more easier to stay behind instead of putting more effort in trying to reach the other runners.

As he made it to the tree and was heading back towards the duo, Dex was glad to see that Julian was helping speed things along as he watched the man pour rocks in each of the buckets but was a bit disappointed when neither of them dropped their buckets by the time he reached the duo to deposit his rock. As he got further away from the duo, the man sped up his pace in hopes of that when the punishment was over he wouldn't be stuck close to the tree and would have run more than he would have to. Luckily for him he already made it to the tree and was making his way back when the woman dropped her bucket. Finally, they were done. Maybe they could go inside and go do something else now such as getting a shower or even a bite to eat.

However disappointment set in as he reached the group and saw that they were not done. With a muffled sigh Dex started up the next thing they were required to do. Food would have to wait until later.​

You gotta hand it to her, that Quinn person is like a naggy grandmother, she'll pick a fight with anyone, she don't care who they are! But Julian, that's a step too far to be frank, but she did. As a result, she ended up dropping her buckets and collapsing before Gwar did.

His mind jumped with glee Hurrah! It's over, its finally all over! Gwar thought as he too, dropped his buckets, feeling like a puddle more than a person. He stood at attention and joined the ranks as Julian instructed. It's all over. Gwar thought. His fur dripping more and more sweat by the minute, and his panting was quite heavy. But something with Julian's expression said something else...something worse.

We weren't done yet.

He ordered us to go around that tree and back, five times, that would be easy enough, except for the fact that we were all handed buckets full of rocks now.

Picking a fight with Quinn was not the brightest idea Gwar ever had in mind.

Once they started he caught up with another person, hoping to strike a brief converse with them, things like a conversation, they take away the pain a little bit, or at least take your mind off of it. He leaned up next to the other person eager to start a conversation.

"That tree looks cute up there huh?...Err, I mean, why did you want to come here?

• Love
Quinn looked at Julian with a look of shock in her eyes. He couldn't be serious, could he?! If he continued to do this, someone could become seriously hurt. she searched the drill master's eyes for any kind of compassion and only saw a cold stare gazing back at her. He didn't care. In fact, upon looking into his eyes, Julian put up a hand. Other officers wrestled Quinn to the ground, pinning her. Julian knelt down and looked her right in the eyes. "Do not look at me. You do not have the right to look at me. It's funny, I tell you to shut up, and you talk without even your words. Well, since we seem to be so vocal today, I bet your friends out here are just dying to let their voice be heard," he got up and whistled. Many cadets stopped and stood at attention where they were; grave mistake. "When I whistle I expect you to be in front of me, not standing there like a damned idiot!" Julian screamed, the cadets almost tripping over one another trying to get in front of Julian.

"From here on out, this is where you live. Your culture, race, everything you know, means shit here. I do not care if you are here because you killed somebody, kill someone here and you will learn real quick what hell is. We do not care if you are here to reclaim your honour, as of stepping onto that ship you lost all honour. Your family is dead now, all the ones that you loved and called friends, well they are dead too. And so are you, to them. You belong to the Legion of Planets now, and I will make you my personal bitch if you step out of line," he looked down at Quinn and back at the cadets. He paced in front of them, inspecting each. "Now Squeeb Quinn here has been running her mouth all night. I want you to do exactly as I instructed before but now you all will be making duck noises until I tell you to stop or three or more of you call uncle. And for that to happen, those who call it will be spending four nights in the cell. Go."

He stepped back and motioned for the officers to release Quinn. They had been scheduled to be eating by now, but thanks to Quinn and Gwar, the whole company were suffering from it. Whether they learned it here or not, they'd learn that teamwork means life, and solidarity meant pain and more than likely death.

Khora shifted uncomfortably at the display of defiance before standing at attention herself at the sound of the loud, commanding whistle of their sergeant. Of course, having already been a bit out, she had to jog back to stand in rank. In truth, the girl got what she deserved. If any training youngling were to act in such a way to her father, the treatment would be no different. The punishment dolled out to the rest of the group, however, was confusing at best. They had to make.... duck... noises? Yes, making noises and such would shorten what little breath was available to a runner, but what in heaven's name was a duck? Some earth beast? The Treylifarian's guess was definitely not as good as the others, she starting back to her brisk jog with her partner, helping him carry their buckets of rocks, while listening to the horrid sound that was a dozen or so cadets all making the same noise at different times. She wasnt so sure that they would get marked for not being in unity, but at least she now knew, sort of, what sound she was emulating, and responded in kind, making her first lap around the tree and heading back.

Tired as is, and starting to get hungry, Gwar was then yelled at for standing at attention and not in line facing him, so thus, he rushed into position, ready and actually, quite eager to see what he has in store for us now.

Now, as for the next challenge, he expects us to make duck noises and run until we give up, hopefully, it will be nighttime now, as the sun is beginning to damper down...or maybe not, he couldn't tell. All he could tell was he was most likely going to break....anytime now. He started off running at the ready.
"QUACKQUACKQUACK!!!"
Thoughts ran throughout his head, it was streaming much more now that he was to his breaking point...
Do it Gwar, i'm sure you wanna see what the cell is don't you?
Actually, my own room sound like it would be better first.
No, I hear the cell has comfy chairs.
NO!! I'd rather see my own room first!

Gwar ran faster and faster, trying desperately to destroy the evil that was his pessimistic side. And then....

He tripped and fell.

Last edited:
The moment Gwar fell, Julian came running up to him. While he was much smaller than Gwar, he was in fact a nasty person once riled. He grasped Gwar's shirt by the back and yanked him upwards. "Up! Up now! There is no room for weaklings in this unit! Either get your ass up, or I'll make you get up! And if I have to make you, so help you god squeeb, you will regret it!" he shouted practically in Gwar's ears. This was all part of the ritual. If any cadet thought that this wasn't harsh enough, they would soon learn it with even the soon days to come. They would learn to work together or die.

One cadet seemed to realize that none of them were going to see peace until someone reached out. Miles Draconis, a transman from Earth's North Dakota, had seen his fellow squeeb fall and turned to help. he reached Gwar's side and knelt down, saluting Drill Sergeant Julian Kayle as he did, and worked his way under Gwar's arm. He started to help lift the cadet up, giving as much support as he could. "Come on, up you go. come on, it won't be long!" he tried to encourage Gwar.

"Come on, up you go. come on, it won't be long!"
That voice sounded rather soothing compared to the one that was yanking his back. Ad he got off, and shrugged off the crap that was probably 10 liters of water, fur, and harsh words, and trotted off with the guy, back pretty much as fresh as can be, without the needs of his evil pessimistic side, and why would he? He now has a friend. Or at least someone to call partner. Which was better than what Quinn can say about herself, although he seemed to desperately try at it. "Thanks, I really needed the extra push, it sucks to do these things, but it sucks even worse to do it alone. I'm Gwar by the way, if you haven't noticed, and you would be?"

That reminded him of something, all the fun times, the optimism, the happiness, that wasn't done alone, in desolation, that was done with others, a FAMILY. All of the optimism was fueled by OTHERS! Even if it was something normal such as working in the mines with good ol' mom, or attempting to read a book to his younger, more intelligent sister, or even giving a good rub to his brother, point in fact, these things required more than one person to operate, and if not, he created one, an evil one, well it's time that evil side was sent away, forever. Let's hope this guy is really as good of a man as his words were...

@LogicfromLogic

Tato glanced back at the two other cadets, breathing heavily but not stopping. "Come on." Tato encouraged, slowing a bit to run along side then. They all wanted to get this over with, and per wasn't used to this kind of weather, or this kind of environment.

At this point, Tato want even sure if they would be yelled at because of the split second decision to show down, even just a little. Tato didn't know if befriending him was a good idea. He'd already proved to be a hot-head. But that could always be broken.

@Shadicmaster

Quinn managed to get to her feet. She was squatting making duck noises, not looking at any of the other cadets. She knew very well that she was enemy number one to everyone here, or so she thought. They were doing this all because of her stubbornness, but she regretted any of it. She was here to show everyone that she was better than them at everything, and damn it they would all fail while she prevailed. She dared looked to the right; Khora. she obviously didn't know the cadet's name, but she held back the tempt to laugh at her. "She's going to fail." She said it loud enough for Khora to hear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
"Thanks, I really needed the extra push, it sucks to do these things, but it sucks even worse to do it alone. I'm Gwar by the way, if you haven't noticed, and you would be?"
Miles just chuckled to himself. "Miles Droconis, but we can do real introductions later. If that Sqwob thinks we have time to talk, he'll make it harder on us," Miles said quickly but kindly. He was used to living a harsh life; living as a homeless man, and with abusive beings he learned how to not let the bad things sink into your heart, and drag your spirit down. His legs began to take him faster but not passed his comrades, in fact he stayed by Gwar to make sure that he didn't fall again. He was making his best duck noises as loudly as he was allowed, keeping a steady pace.

As Khora helped her partner to keep pace with herself, still maintaining a rather slow jog for her own standards, she managed to lap the very cadet that had evoked this punishment upon them all.
'No, we all evoked it by not being the ones to stop her and her fellow' came the more grounded, culturally based thoughts of the female as she internally scolded herself and looked beside her to her partner, making sure that she wouldnt have sped up too inconsiderably during her self reflection. As she turned, however, a sound that was most horrid in nature crossed the warrior's ears, over the top of the 'quak noise' din.
"She's going to fail"
A growl formed deep within the woman's gut before she quieted herself, continuing to quack. There was no use in an army of men who did nothing but fought themselves and let the enemy pass by them. The enemy was their task, and they were to overcome this task at all costs.
"Ta'ak va neerum sha!*" The trelifarian warrior spit back at the other before continuing onwards.

(**Fail to become a fool)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Gwar nodded, "True true, QUACK! just trying to find QUACK! ways to QUACK! find the best QUACK! out of a day no? QUACK! Why else QUACK! Would I QUACK! Have started that fight? QUACK!" He kept quacking and panting and finally adjusting and regulating himself to the exercise, huh, it was pretty easy when you don't think about it, and instead, think of nighttime, ah the lofty city of his first home, what was it again? to hard to think about it right now, but it was a beautiful sight to see at night, especially while getting drunk on a harbor boat facing it, it was beautiful, it made him want to see night very dearly. He got a distasteful glance from another person, who seemed to be talking gibberish to Quinn. he frowned, and kept exercising.

Well, at least Quinn made ONE friend today.

• Love
Miles smiled at Gwar. "I always love looking at the glass half full myself-QUACK-, this I imagine will be great practice for-QUACK-what's to come. I don't think it was you-QUACK-who started that-QUACK- but Quinn-QUACK-she's bit of a loudmouth," he answered, his legs and arms getting tired. But he didn't dare look back, Julian would for sure have a field day cracking him. He'd heard stories of the Legion's brutal training and had spent months studying everything he could about them. And one of the biggest things was teamwork; hadn't any of these people done any research at all about the Legion before joining? Of course some were here by no choice of their own. It was either the Legion or the gallows, and his guess the vast majority would rather live and serve than suffer and die.

Julian had finally seen enough after a few rounds of this, and everyone proved that his tactic had worked. a couple of Squeebs lay on the ground, too tired to go on. "Arrêtez," he ordered sternly, but the large majority of these cadets had no idea how to understand let alone speak French in their lives. Again, it was Miles who led the example by stopping and standing rigidly. "Wee, sergent," Miles replied stoically. Other cadets filed in line beside and behind Miles, making up about five rows. Julian held his arms behind his back and paced in front of them with a disgusted expression. "That was a disgraceful display if I've ever seen one ladies, gentlemen and other. Tomorrow I will be expecting you up early, you will have your sleeping areas well kept otherwise you will face the consequence of it being untidy. Deserters will be shot if they survive their first night out in the elements, I assure you that we will catch you if you run," as he said this, a creature that had a canine look to it stepped forward almost out of nowhere. It was ash black with no ears, long ugly sharp yellow teeth and a wicked arch over its head. You could hardly see its eyes but once you got a good look at them, they were red and yellow, slits for pupils. It looked like something out of a horror movie. "This is a drog, they are specifically trained to catch runaways. So i dare each and every one of you to run; you won't last the night." It was a chilling message to the squeebs, but a necessary one. If they ran, there were far worse fates waiting them than the drogs. Julian stepped forward after the drog disappeared again, looking at one very shaken up cadet and smiling; this young lad had to be about twenty. Julian said nothing and paced again.

"You will hand over any belongings over. Passports, wallets, everything. There will be no pictures in the barracks and none in training, you have no biological family, but the family that you must build here to survive. those who are rejected out of training are sent to labour camps for a week before returning to civilization and you will not be give any mercy. But here at the Legion of Planets, you'll learn what it means to be part of something big, and to be part of the world. People will look to you with respect and value, something I am sure many of you lack right now. Barracks, run to the barracks and do not make me force any of you. I do not need a bunch of crying children in my unit, and I certainly don't need them in my training course. Now go! Aller, Aller! Plus Vite (Go, Go, Faster!)!" he shouted, stepping aside. another officer had come to lead them to the barracks, many cadets almost tripping over themselves trying to follow their drill sergeant's commands. Miles was still keeping pace with Gwar but helping others up along the way.

Quinn, who'd been really suffering in the previous treatment, wanted badly to voice her complaint to Julian for forcing him to push everyone passed their limits. It was cruel! But someone from the crowd growled in her ear not to; people who stirred the pot in the Legion didn't last long. Either the officers did them in, they did, or the other cadets did. Weak links never lasted long, and if Quinn wanted to survive this, she would have to learn to stop yammering. Running forward, she followed quietly but not fast. A sharp jab by an officer got her to move faster, not wanting to cause more toil for the already angry cadets.

• Love
Looking at those dogs, Tato decided not to try and run off. Not that they wanted to anyway, there wasn't anywhere to go and all of the cadets knew (hopefully) what they were getting into when they left. Not surprising when they had to hand over their belongings, Tato found theirself hard pressed to hand over the remaining photo they had of family back home before stumbling off.

Tato glanced back at Quinn, slowing pers pace and putting a hand out to help her out. Tato was reasonably pissed for all the running they needed to do, but at this point Tato had resigned to their fate. It would be a very long training session indeed. "You alright?" Tato asked, but already knew the answer. Tato had no idea if they were allowed to talk, and keep their voice hushed as they ran.

Khora had continued to run and help her partner along when needed, despite dearly not wanting to, only to find everyone else running into ranks at the strange barking of the small man whom had asserted control over them all as head chief. Or sergent. Or captain? The trelifarian couldnt remember for the life of her how these human customs worked, but went with it as best as she could, filing into rank like the rest of them. She hadn't brought anything by way of sentimental personal belongings. The only belongings she had brought with her were those of the hand forged weapons she had made. Though it would considerably weaken her and likely lead to her breaking claws and suffering a regrowth period, the reptilian looking female handed over her belt with the many claws and adornments attached to it. There was nothing else for her to give but the clothes off of her back. The 'drog' as the creature was referred to reminded Khora much of a wild predator species back home, and thus, she had no instinctual fear of it due to having conquered many before. She had no reason to run in any case, as this was the only chance for redemption she had left. When ordered to leave, she turned briskly and ran, paying no mind to those behind her, but the events unfolding up ahead as she ran, she seeing a convoy of vehicles traveling across the sands of the wasteland planet in the distance.

"You all are idiots! Dont tell me you forgot to calibrate the coolant rejuvenation generators before we left!" shouted Lylia, a third year officer (dont quite know what rank she would be). Each and every one of the buggies in her convoy came to a stop as she jumped out of the back of hers, standing off to the side as a couple of the buggies spluttered and spewed smoke. She sighed, shaking her head and walked down the line to the buggy at the end that seemed to be having the most trouble, looking at the vehicle for a moment before wedging the hood open, a cloud of smoke coming out, though she could care less, coughing a bit before it cleared out and she could take a look at what all had been damaged because of someone else's lack in the cranial cavity.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.