The Color of Night - Chapter 1

Rin had already silently made it to her room, a place she had yet to make feel like home. It was really dull. Since she spent all her time outside of the manor renovating wasn't really a priority. The room itself wasn't too large, olive walls and red curtains were a factor. The bed was quite nice and the shades were always drawn. Her bedsheets were a delicate rose pattern. Their were also two dressers and her unpacked suitcase laying in the middle of the floor on top of her red carpet. She lazily slipped off her dripping tattered shirt, and her skirt aswell. Her lingerie was soaked aswell but it was such a bother removing it. Instead she flipped open her suitcase and pulled out a pair of tight back shorts and asimilar fitting red tank top which she quickly slipped on. As Rin made herway to her bed an unfamiliar sound coarsed her ears. The sound of a stomach growling, hers. "M-Maybe I should..". Rin muttered as she opened the door and made her way to the kitchen

She made her way through the lobby once again, strutting quickly passed the one known as Briggs. The kitchen was empty which gave her a little time to herself. Rin made her way to the cabinet as her lips formed a pout. It was her mortal enemy, the top shelf. Rin always found herself wishing she were taller. She scambled to climb onto the counter and raised her hand as high as she could to reach the cabinet. As her fingersinched cloer she heard a familiar voice. "Wasn't that Davis?" Then she heard another. That new blood? Ethan right. Realizing the awkward situation that would occur if they saw her like this she tried to hurry off of the counter.

Victorie continued with Ethan to the kitchen, relieved that the situation didn't rise to another level. She was, however, curiously aware of the Fury's attitude about fighting.

"What does he have with sparring New Bloods anyway? We're in training, and to train us is one thing. But he's acting like he's trying to challenge us, or put us in our place..." She wanted to speak her mind further, but that usually gets her into more trouble.

When they stepped into the kitchen, she saw Rin, her new roommate, who looked as if she was just coming down from the counter. Amused, Victorie held a giggle and pulled Ethan with her as she rounded the island counter.

"Hey, Rin," she gave her usual smile, trying to give the new girl a comfortable face to relate to. Victorie recalled how she felt when she moved in. There was hardly a friendly face, except for a few. She's glued herself to those faces for safety and information. Rin would need that too.

"You're coming for a midnight snack too?" Victorie asked as she moved to the cooler and pulled a few collection bags out for all. "Ya know, they should just allow us to naturally feed, let us go hunting, rather than feeding us like infants." She grab a bag for herself, "Oh, this is Ethan. Ethan, this is my roommate, Rin."

Ethan was getting more annoyed with the fury more than usual, the fact that he underestimates his apponents will lead him to loosing so their was no point in fighting him, for the simple fact that if he looses he'll only want a remach and it would never end. He sighed and then walked into the kitched, when Victore pulled him he followed.

He looked at the new blood who was named Rin, his eyes scaled over her entire body and then into her eyes. He couldn't really read her yet since they just met but she seemed like a typical new blood. " Its nice to met you". He spoke when Victorie introduced him to her. He took the blood bag and sunk his teeth into it realizing the situation was going to turn into a girly conversation.

Rin nervously tugged on her shorts as the pair walked in. "H-Hello Victorie. Ethan"
She gave a shaky nod.

"Mhmm, I got hungry aswell.." Her ears perked upon hearing chat about hunting.

"Y-Yeah, I sure wish they would."

Rin eyed Ethan for a moment, careful not to catch his gaze for a moment. She then turned her eyes back to her roommate, whom she was growing acustomed to.

"Victorie.. Um.. You never told me you had a boyfriend. I'm jealous" she squinted and tugged on her shorts once more.

"Victorie.. Um.. You never told me you had a boyfriend. I'm jealous."

Victorie shyly looked over at Ethan before answering Rin, "Ah...well, I didn't know I had one either, until today." She tucked herself beside him, "We've been friends for a while though...so, I just it was bound to happen."

Taking a sip of blood, trying so hard not to get any on her clothes, she smiled at timid Rin, "You know, once you become acquainted with others around here, and make more friends, that special someone might come around." Suddenly, her face folded, "But, if they continue to keep us locked in here, isolating us from any natural action, we might end up tearing each others heads off rather than becoming good friends. Hell, I want to hunt so badly!"

She bit into the collection bag so hard this time, blood shot across the kitchen, hitting the wall across from them. Blood slid down the wall leaving a nice red line that clearly spelled VICTORIE.

"Damnit! Why am I so accident-prone lately?" She was beginning to irritate herself again, which only caused more problems.

Ethan looked over at rin and then he looked at Victorie and smiled. " Yeah am im glad it happened". When she mentioned being locked up in the house he laughed because it was true, being around the same people all day every day crammed up in the house becaue of some damn mutts and the leader being gone was annoying and a stupid idea. " Your right being locked in here is keeping other new bloods from experienced hunting and outdoor traning so how are they suppose to fight being locked up in here?".

When victorie 's blood bag spurted on the wall acroos from him and she gor fustrated he laughed and then wiped it off with the rag. " Its okay just dont get angry and drink blood at the same time". He walked over and kissed her softly on the lips tasting the blood.

Rin looked towards the cute couple. "Lucky." She whispered. She also doubted that there was anyone special here for her but beind polite as usual, she smiled and noded.

On the oher hand, Rin fully agreed with the two when it came to being locked up and the hunting idea. Sadly, she didn't quite know how to voice it yet. Should she tell them that she was doing a little hunting of her own on the side. That was supposed to be an upkempt secret, though she was troubled tht a higher status vampire or two may have already known.

She was cut off mid though by Victories bag of blood crashing into the wall. The splat sent a couple of ricocheting droplets her way. Rin quickly shot around and opened her mouth just enough to let them enter. "Mhmm.." Rin softly bit her lip and coarsed her tongue around the roof of her mouth. Now more than ever she preferred it fresh.

"It's okay, just don't get angry and drink blood at the same time". Ethan pulled her close for a kiss, realizing that such touches were calming to her, Victorie didn't complain having an audience this time.

When she pulled away, she began to giggled at Rin when she did a Speedy Gonzales number to catch a few blood drops before they hit the floor. Seeing that she was probably still hungry, Victorie handed her another blood bag, "Here Rin, makes it a bit easier."

A thought occurred to her, "I wonder if it's possible to sneak away from the manor, just far enough to hunt without getting caught? I mean, it would save them time in training us to do what we're naturally geared to, and we can get the hell out of this place for a while - probably sneak away to the city." A devious look crossed Victorie's eyes. She was liking that idea, more for the danger of going than fearing the consequences of getting caught.

Ethan sorta regreted saying those things about leaving the manor as soon as he saw Victorie's face. " Hey now dont get any wild ideas, we can get seriously punished for that, i mean..wait we can leave the manor though!". The thought finnaly occured to him, when he left to go tranning on the hill it wasn't really in sight of the manor and noone ever said anything to him. " We can go train on the hill and mabey wander out a bit". He nodded and thenleaned on the counter grabbing another blood bag and drinking it.

Rin gave a slight smile as Vicotrie handed her a blood bag. She quickly nicked the tip of the upper left corner off and began to sip the blood.

As Victorie continued to speak, Rin began to agree more and more. She took a breather from constant sipping.
"W-We could-"

She was cut off by Ethan. It wasn't diliberate, it was just due to her unusually soft tone.

"O-Okay" She whispered and continued sipping. Rin was fine with doing whatever they wanted to, as long as she wasn't alone.

"Great!" Victorie was stoked. It was one thing to plan a picnic, but now they were preparing to head to a bar!

"Well then, when should we do this thing? I want to hit the streets, check out what fun we can get into before the sun comes up!" Another spontaneous emotion jetted out of her - pure, unadulterated joy-seeking. And hopefully, she can break a few laws without getting caught in the act. Anything was better than waiting... She was too antsy to just sit and wait.

Ethan shook his head when he looked at Victorie and he put his head down knowing it was a bad idea and was mentally kicking himself in the head. " Look here noone said anything about going to the bar and the elders have watchers, its not like we can just go when we want and act reckless". He sighed because he had the complete feeling they were going to get caught. " Theres also this..im sensing another danger besides the mutts, when i went on the mission with Davis, i heard something but it wasn't a mutt or an animal, i think it was human. We cant go and loose our control especially around humans their blood is tempting". Rubbing his temples he walked to the door.

Victorie grunted, seeing that her night of debauchery was being diluted down to just a stroll in the park. She knew her ideas were daring, and - in their case - a great way to lose their heads. With that thought, she subsided.

"Ahh, fine... I'll just settle for hunting in the woods then. I'm sick of frozen foods."

She tossed her empty bag in the nearby trash can, and took two steps before turning back toward Ren. "You coming, or you rather have another ice cold beverage instead?"

Her voice was a bit harsh. Catching herself and taking a moment to calm, Victorie sighed. "Um...sorry, Ren. You don't have to come with us if you don't want to."

"Consider me out of this one." Heather said finishing off her shot of Jack in one drink. "I do not have a group, I have informants, I do not work with others unless I have no other choice in the matter." She said but she was intrigued why they were keeping the vampire leader alive. "I kill these things, I do not capture them, not even for the CIA and kind words." She arched a brow. No she was not a government sort of person. Most of the time she worked away from government types, she did not like them, nor did she care for the government as a whole.

She did things that most, if not all government agencies would be sure to arrest her for if they knew of such things. If her body language told the woman anything it was she hadn't know about the vampire coven and the plans, but she was dead serious about killing them all rather than capturing them alive. "I became a hunter for a specific reason, because of that reason I will not keep a single vampire or werewolf alive if I find them." Grabbing her bottle of Jack she poured herself one more shot and said, "what do you say to that?"

--------------------

"I shall do what I can." Solomon said bowing slightly before bidding Briggs a good night and then he himself watched the goings on between Davis and the two new bloods. He crossed his arms and leaned against the arch of a door. His interest had been piqued again. Something he hadn't completely understood was the comment Brigs had said before he left. What did that mean? He had more faith in him that most? Solomon shook his head at the thought but kept it there so he could ponder it later.

There were those he knew that did not like him that thought he was too dangerous to keep in their coven. He'd heard there'd been talk with the elders of even kicking him out but that never came through. It was difficult to keep his living quarters since he had quite a few enemies, although he did have a few allies as well. Davis, he had no idea which side he was one but he really hoped it was his.

Rin stood there, watching the pair go back and forth, waiting to see which side prevailed.
It seemed like Ethan did and Victorie reluctantly agreed.

Rin took a few moments to continue sipping her blood pact. Victorie seemed to bubble up and in turn, lashed out at her.
Rin replied with a slight whimper. She nodded hesitantly to state that she agreed upon going with them. Instead of replying to Victorie, she just followed.

Heather and Desirey

"Consider me out of this one."
Heather said finishing off her shot of Jack in one drink. "I do not have a group, I have informants, I do not work with others unless I have no other choice in the matter."

Desirey was a little disappointed, but to each their own. Unfortunately, the woman misunderstood what she meant when referring to 'capturing'. Of course, she didn't automatically explain this either.

"I kill these things, I do not capture them, not even for the CIA and kind words." Heather looked to be one who disliked pushy authority, or anyone in a tailored suit and shades. Desirey continued to listen to her monologue, putting two and two together without dropping all chances for possibilities.

"I became a hunter for a specific reason, because of that reason I will not keep a single vampire or werewolf alive if I find them." Grabbing her bottle of Jack she poured herself one more shot and said, "what do you say to that?"

"No problem," Desirey stood up, straightening the tee shirt she still wore. "I wasn't referring to keeping these monsters as household pets. There's bigger plans in store for their complete and timely extermination." She began to move towards the exit. "You have a very impressive record...Heather; valuable experience - good and bad. It would have been wonderful to have you on the team."

She nodded towards the guy who decided to play wallflower before she turned the knob. "Sorry that I've wasted your time. Good night."

She left it at that, not wanting the woman to get the wrong idea about her mission, but to understand just how small and insignificant the individual, privately funded hunters were compared to the few who were government supported. Desirey held no animosity with the little guy, only wanted to work with them rather than against them. It would be nice for the little guy to get the bigger prize sometimes. Even if she had to plant it under their feet. She slowly headed to her room for the night. The early bird is planning to catch some bloody fat worms.

Ethan looked at Victorie for a moment and then back at Rin. He had his doubts especially with Victorie's wild and rebellious side but he knew they'd be fine, the only thing that bothered him was a feeling that their was a more dagerous enemy lurking around and that thought of a human crossed his mind when he went on the missoion with Davis.

He walked out the front door and felt the cool air against his skin, looking out tword the hill he walked for a moment before taking off and standing on the hill where he was hours ago. He waited for the other two. Looking around he made sure he didn't hear anything or see anything.

As they left the house Rin stood a moment as the wind blew her dark, silky hair past her eyes. When it passed Ethan was gone. With her exceptional eye sight, he was still able to see him from this distance, the hill he was standing on aswell. After giving Victorie a grateful smile, showing that she was thankful for being brought along she was off aswell. Rin closed the distance in no time and also began scanning the area for anything out of sorts. Her hands lay at her sides.

Victorie felt more alive than any other time since she'd been introduced to the manor. Just the idea of running off, stepping beyond the boundaries her Sire had placed, and doing what she wanted to do without anyone looking at her in disgusts was invigorating, to say the least. But, they were going back to Ethan's hill again. That's nothing. She wanted to go further. She scanned the grounds to make sure no one was watching, then she took off.

She met Ethan and Ren at the hill and looked around, sensing a good place to - hunt. "Look, what if we head towards town and go to that park that's close to the line of woods. That's not too far from the manor and we can still probably catch something worth keeping."

She really hated the idea of animal's blood. That's just a waste of time and bad for the digestion. She was hoping to capture a human that night. And if lucky, the next night as well. And the next.

Heather nodded her head as the woman left. There was nothing she could say to anything anymore. She'd spoken her piece but looking back now, she was not sure what to make of Desirey's offer. She'd heard of government funded hunters before but was this for her? Not really in all honesty. While she was being raised by the other hunters they'd instilled in her that nothing should be left alive, nothing. Looking to the male she sighed and said, "I am sorry about that, I am not used to government types coming in telling me what I should do."

Getting up she put the Jack away but paused a moment before actually putting it on the shelf. "You want any?"
----------------------------

Solomon's eyes lingered on the three retreating new vampires for a while before becoming bored with it. He was able to turn away when he saw them heading toward a hill somewhere. Curious he smiled and slipped into trees and silently followed. He could remain out of sight if he wanted to and he decided it might be interesting to see where they were going.