The Color of Night - Chapter 1

Ethan nodded as he looked at her and then he thought for a moment " Well since it's at random we cant pin point exactly what triggers it and when so i guess it just happens when it happends". Sitting on the bed he ruffled his hair in thought and then looked at her and laughed " Look theres no shame in having no self control..thats not true i think you have self control but not as much as others, nothing to be ashamed of.. i like you better that way". He smiled and looked at his book.

"Well, since it's at random we can't pin point exactly what triggers it and when. So...I guess it just happens when it happens."

Ethan sat on the bed, ruffling his hair. Victoris always liked when he did that, wondering what brought on that little habit in him - he's probably thinking, or was it nerves? She's never known him to be the nervous type.

Ethan laughed, "Look there's no shame in having no self control. That's not true. I think you have self control, but not as much as others; nothing to be ashamed of. I like you better that way."

She smiled and stood to her feet, "You like me better this way? Just all spontaneous, unpredictable, and hazardous? That's rather hard to believe. You're so in control of yourself - even as a New Blood. A lot of others use to think you were a young Fury." Victorie leaned her hip against the edge of his bed beside him, crossing her arms as he decided to inspect another book. That was another one of his little habits that was interesting to her; a concentration thing? Looks like she's not the only one with a little issue.

Ethan chucled as he looked up at her " Me being a fury? wow never thought of it like that.. i just.. i dont know, its actually hard to conrol myself and it takes a great amount to keep myself in check". Ethan looked down at his books before speaking again. " Reading these books helps me calm myself and idk i just find something i like and use it to calm me". He looked up and smiled before he ruffled his hair. " Like doing this". He chuckled and then leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Ethan leaned up to kiss her cheek and Victorie smiled, "And that...," she added to his comment, placing that kiss under his list of calming techniques. "So, with all the chaos that I create with my issues, do you consider me - something you like and use to calm you down? Or, is there more to it?"

Victorie settled beside him, forgetting her discomforts in herself and finding Ethan to be far more unique that she thought he was before. "Well, I must be doing a good job for you to carry yourself so well..., all Fury-like and all... I guess that's what a good friend is for, uh?"

Ethan chuckled and looked at her for a moment collecting his thoughts. He figeted with his hands and then looked at her. " Your not just someone that i find myself in order to calm down theres is more to it". Looking around his room he took a deep breath " You are a good friend...but ..i,..dont want to be your friend anymore Victorie, i do care for you and have feelings for you, but with all the things going on and the war with those damn mutts i dont want you hurt". He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"You're not just someone that I find myself, in order to calm down. There is more to it." Ethan took a deep breath like this was the most difficult thing he's ever said. Now, how would speaking such endearing feeling be so touch? "You are a good friend...but …I...don't want to be your friend anymore. Victorie, I do care for you and have feelings for you, but with all the things going on and the war with those damn mutts, I don't want you hurt."

He sighed and ran his hands through her hair, sparking another mix of emotions that she forced down. It wasn't often that she's gained the feelings of another, especially when they knew about her problem. For that matter, she was thrilled. The other matter…

"I am capable of taking care of myself, ya know…" she started, biting the bitterness from her tongue because his intentions were sincere. "I do care for you too…but, I don't want this to begin just because you have some honorable sense to – protect me from myself, or something…" Her brow folded, she's spoke those words once before… "Please, care for me however you want, but don't try to keep me safe ... You'll just get hurt." Even though she knew where she was and who she spoke to, the feeling that she was floating in someone else's body was there... Was her history repeating itself?

The change in the girls face brought a smile to Heathers. "I was unaware of any deadline no but thank you for telling me." She was a little sarcastic before she paused for a moment. "Ex Army, police something like that right? I guess you haven't really been in the hunters game long enough to know that most of us get this way eventually. Myself I've been doing this since I was 13, people don't frighten me anymore. So you can put on that drill sergeant face all you want but it doesn't make a difference to me."

Heather looked the girl up and down, from her stance to her look, anything and everything that would tell her something about this woman. "From what I gather you must be around 25, 30 years old? I would have thought you knew this by now." Heather said a smirk spreading across her face. "Have you seen any action in the military? It changes yah, but I'm sure you can guess that."

Her eye caught sight of someone at her side which was confirmed by someone telling her to drop her gun. Her eyes switched over to the new guy but she only smiled at the gun in her face. Yeah this was a little out of character for her but with all the hype about things going on in this town she didn't want to slip up. "I doubt anyone will come around, Detective, I paid off the staff and talked to the manager before I got a room here, everything is cleared and we should be good. If you want to arrest me for that go right ahead."

She slightly dropped her gun and turned to go into her room. "And next time you want to have a meeting with another hunter, which should not be announced so openly, do so with a coded message or something like that. Next time this happens the person might not wait for an explanation, next time they might actually shoot first, you're lucky I chose to ask questions and not just shoot you through the door."

Heather was in a mood, Snickers hadn't come in yet and now there were two people claiming to be hunters, well one of them was. She had no idea if it was a real thing or a lie but might as well take a dive and find out for sure. Taking a seat she waited for the others to come into her room. She might have been shot in the head by that guy but at the moment she didn't care, if he wanted to shoot her he probably would already have, maybe. A pause and she stared at them before digging her hand in her pocket production a phone. She did it slowly so the guy wouldn't get jumpy and dialed a number to one of her buddies who had a line on all the hunters in the area. A few moments of talking and she sighed, they checked out. It was turning out to be a very irritating night.

-------------------------------------------------

Solomon smiled at Brigs he expected nothing else from this man. "Indeed." He agreed, "from our last meeting it would be around four years since we last spoke." He turned his head to look at the elder a small smile touched his lips. "It was at least two years after I was found on the steps here, half mad with whatever I was half mad with." That part of his life was a bit blurry, some things he remembered some things he didn't about that night. Brigs, was one of the people he remembered from that time.

Turning his attention to Davis he said, "he's got potential to be a great ancient, seems he has a bit of an anger issue though." Solomon commented. He to was getting up there in age but he was a bit calmer than most of the fury's around there. At least until he got really angry. If Brigs had any idea at all of Solomon, which wouldn't surprise Solomon in the least, one of them would be his laid back nature with a hint of some aggression. It was an odd mix but it was part of Solomon's, charm?

((Sorry, I'm in a bit of a bad mood and it is coming out through Heather, I mean no offense to anyone if it seems that way I'm sorry. Computer not behaving itself fully and school is starting next Monday…sigh…Yeah I'm, a bit stressed out.))

He looked at her unshure on what to say or do, he wasn't the guy that exactly told people how he felt about them and now he ad. Looking anywhere else but Victorie he stood quickly and shoved his hands in his pockets. " Look i understand and all but trust me i wont be getting hurt you just have to trust me". Leaning agianst the wall he looked out the window as he saw the rain had stopped but it was still cloudy. He approached Victorie and cupped her face looking at her " I know things are hard....". His words trailed off as he looked for words to say.

When Ethan stood up, Victorie did as well - reacting to his change of venue which seen to alter just as quickly as her's. He spoke again, and the pain in his eyes seem to strike her like a perfectly aimed bullet. She closed her eyes, not wanting to see that look again...for any reason.

When he asked for her to trust him, all she did was nod, still with her eyelids glued. There was a deep, menacing feeling deep in her gut about their whole relationship, friendship and the possible romance, burning up right before her eyes. She opened her eyes in a flash when she felt Ethan's hands against her cheeks again, and that feeling left her thoughts - for the moment.

His eyes - he was an honest one; she knew that far before now. But, to find such heart in a heartless vampire...well, that's how others view them. And her experience with the older types proved this true. But, she knew better. Ethan meant what he said...

Victorie had no words anymore either...felt no need for them anymore. If he wished to stand with her, regardless of her flaws, then so be it. She should just take his previous advice and just relax... calm down about what the future holds and just ignore her intruding memories. She leaned in, disregarding any warnings in her head that, as far as she could tell, were from a distant past about a distant threat. Her lips found his easily - a personal word of trust.

Davis turned his head to Rin, furrowing his eyebrows. His wounds healed quickly. He began to stroll away, towards where Victorie and Ethan were embracing. He sighed sarcastically. "Yo, Ethan!" he shouted, trying to breakup their little love circle. This wasn't the time. "Wondering if you and your girlfriend wanted to take me on..." he tilted his head. "two on one.. who knows.. I might even be challenged.." he dare say. He had no trouble with Ethan, but it was Victorie he was worried about. He needed to see this rage people spoke of. He was told to take care of it.

----
Lucas snapped his gun back into its holster. "Your a hunter? Must be a coincidence, I'm a hunter as well.. funny us meeting here." he smiled. his mood changed quickly. "why don't we go out and grab a few drinks. I won't have to get drunk alone" he laughed.

Ethan knew that things were stressful being that the leader was gone and that it was chaotic, he was taking orders from a fury that pissed him off partly and then the fact that the mutts were around and the strange feeling that there was more than one enemy made him wary. When her lips touched his he was slightly shocked but he closed his eyes and pressed his lips against hers softly, savoring the kiss as free hand held her waist and he leaed forward. He knew that Victorie was going through something and he wanted to help even thought she could handle herself he wanted to anyway.

Brigs and Solomon

"Indeed, from our last meeting it would be around four years since we last spoke."

Brigs grunted his acceptance of Solomon's calculations.

"It was at least two years after I was found on the steps here, half mad with whatever I was half mad with."

"Those years have changed you for the better... madness and all." A smirk, an unlikely sight. Was it a sign of humor, intrigue, or sadistic? Didn't matter to him, but he spoke the truth. Solomon was still on his positive list...regardless of what the Elders said.

"He's got potential to be a great ancient, seems he has a bit of an anger issue though." Solomon commented.

Brigs lifted his chin as if to ask for the man to continue with his observations, "Indeed?" He turned to face Solomon, solidifying the tone of his voice as one to not fear, but one of curiosity. What did this 'out-of-coven' Fury see in the Elder's hope? he thought.

((This is a bit sloppy. I'm getting ready to head out for the night. Will return soon.))

Rin facepalmed as Davis flashed her an awkward look before walking away. "Duhh.. Vampire, healing" she glanced at her own arm as the wounds seemed to have dissapeared leaving the shredded fabric of her shirt. "I'm not used to this yet.." She muttered as she watched Davis walk away.

Rin took her time walking back but she stopped as she realized, awkwardly enough, Davis was standing in front of her again. He was talking to two new bloods. One was Victorie, Rin remembered hearing about her attitude before. The other one she had seen before but never heard to much about. Being her usual shy self she drew her attention away from them. Even though she was atmittedly interested in what they were talking about, sparring with other new bloods. Davis was one she wanted to see in action particularly. Maybe she'd watch from a distance? Rin pondered the thought.

Desirey watched as the female hunter entered her hotel room, still talking with the emotion of Jack or Quervo. Who knows? It didn't matter to Desi, except for the fact that there were two slightly paranoid hunters in her mist...the two she was sent out to assist. What's sport is this she's gotten herself into?

The male hunter - seem to want to hunt for something other than demons... Desirey smiled nicely to his offer, "Sorry, I'm on duty." She found herself a seat across from the woman, watching her check her cell phone... "So, is it okay to talk now? I rather consider you an ally, Miss Paulson. You too, Mr. O'Hera. And what does friend's do for each other? They share. I have a lot to share with you guys, if that is, you're seeking the same party as I am."

She'd hoped attentions were held because she was not joking at the least. Besides, the CIA doesn't have a sense of humor.

Heather rolled her eyes at his words. Great another one who just blurts it out there. In her mind she was questioning whether or not they really were what they said they were, despite her informant's information. They certainly didn't act like any hunters she knew. If they were trained where she was, granted that woman has had military training so she might do alright, but she wasn't sure about the male. Perhaps, most likely, she finally decided. Their attitudes would change though, more so than it has for them. She's changed a lot since she was young. Once upon a time she was a spitfire that picked fights and had a huge problem with authority. This was after her parents were killed along with her six brothers.

Not something to think about now. She thought as she got up from her chair and went to the bar at the far end of her room. It was a nice room, to say the least, the best money could buy. In all honestly it was almost like a loft rather than a hotel room. Why no one had every rented from it before she had no idea but she had heard rumors of there being a murder here.

At the time she just shrugged it off and because of her ability to tolerate things that most people couldn't, she was living the dream. Sort to speak. Now the bar, it wasn't supposed to be there but the man of the hotel had given it to her for her, generous donation, too his retirement fund. "Scotch it is." She muttered under her breath and grabbed a bottle of Laphroig and a bottle of Jack Daniels for herself.

"You want this on the rocks or don't you care?" She asked the man since the other one had said, she was on duty. While she was by the bar she heard her name.

"I haven't been called Miss Paulson in years, I go by Heather if you don't mind." She brought the bottle, a bit of ice and a glass for the male hunter if he wanted to do something with it he would if not, she had more drink on the bar. Well so maybe it wasn't really a bar, just a counter that she converted into a bar.

She held her Jack in one hand and took a seat across from the two of them, by old habits her back was to a wall and she had a viewpoint of each and every entry point and both of them in her sights. "Sharing is always nice, but you are not my friend." She took a rink of her Jack and smiled, a sort of no nonsense sort of smile that only showed up when she as a bit irritated to the point of near anger.

----------

Solomon smiled and crossed his arms comfortably over his chest. "Thank you sir, I shall take that as a high complement." He said about the years since he'd been there. The madness which had taken hold, he had no idea why that happened, or if there was even a cause. What he did know of his past, well something quite obvious was his rank as a vampire. He arched an eyebrow at Brigs when he turned to face him. It seems he was being questioned, in a way.

"I only say what I have observed, you should know that." He said the smile turning into more of a smirk. Looking to Davis he tilted his head to the side and studied him a bit more. "From what I gather, he is a bit compulsive, he can be quite bossy if you'll pardon my unimaginative word, and I get the sense he likes to push the new bloods around. Apart from those I seen him as determined, able to get a job done both on time and done well, he is not quite like other's I have been in contact with. There is a sense to him that I am not quite sure whether it is good or bad."

He frowned and put a hand to his chin as he thought. Davis was currently chewing out two new bloods. Why? Most likely because they were doing something he did not approve of. If he ever ran into Solomon there would probably be many things Davis would disapprove of, mainly Solomon's lack of interest in a great many things. Solomon did as he was told yes, and did it to the best of his abilities but that never meant he liked it.

"There are times when I find I know him very well while others he is a complete mystery to me. It is both intriguing and frustrating. If we both make it through our current plight I shall watch his carrier with some professional curiosity." After he said it he wasn't sure if that really made sense, it did to him and if Brigs was the type of man Solomon knew him to be, he would understand his odd logic…maybe.

Desirey noticed the woman relaxing - somewhat. That was about as relaxed as she's going to be, edging on irritation. It's been a long night for them all, she knew that, so she was going to take it straight to the point.

"I haven't been called Miss Paulson in years, I go by Heather if you don't mind." She sat back down, placing the drink offering for O'Hera, if he truly cared for a drink regardless if where he took it, or who he took it with.

"Heather then. Desi, if you care for shortening names."

"Sharing is always nice, but you are not my friend."

"Don't know if that'll ever change, but no problem regardless." Desirey waited for O'Hera to settle himself before she finished what she started. "You are aware that the largest vampire coven in Blackview has lost someone very important." She glance at them both, reading their body language to see who's intell was actually up to date. "Plans are underway to capture a few more. But, as of right now, my men have the vampire leader detained and are preparing to implant more false intell in order to detour them towards the werewolf packs. The CIA would like your collaboration on this, so your groups can gain just as much as ours."

((YA know, maybe I shouldn't try to RP so early in the morning... Brain malfuncting... I've got to watch some more CSI or NCIS, or something. I don't like this post. :mad:))

Brigs stood like stone and listened to Solomon's analysis about the potential heir. He made a lot of valid points, several of them he's mentioned to the Elders himself, but other comments given by the man were after thoughts in the past; things he didn't consider visible enough to matter. It seems that others have taken an interest in these flaws as well... Would they be minor enough, or easy to break?

He knew it would be the latter if the man was still allowed to manage the coven in the absence of the other. He grunted, and nodded, "You are capable of pulling from your personal quandaries in order to - observe and report." He didn't have to explain any further, or place the question in the form of one. "Report to me once a week, unless a situation arises that requires my attention."

He cut his eyes towards the house, watching the scene where Davis asserted his new authority against two new blood in the lounge area. His teeth grind as his jaw tensed. Turning his profile around, Brigs took in one last view of the moon as her face rose higher, illuminating the dark rain clouds still threatening to release. "I still see potential in you, Solomon, more than most." Before Solomon could respond to this, Brigs was lost to the shadows.

Victorie lost where one action began the other, but the whole blend of their touches were enough to make her happy, regardless of how long she believed it would last. When they released their embrace, it left a blushing smile on her face. That settled it, she was going to trust this guy no matter what. She had someone who would understand her, ignore her flaws, and help her find herself...

Still, deep in the pit of her stomach, she still doubted everything.

"Hey, I'm starving." It was random, it was blunt, and true. She hadn't eaten anything that afternoon. Her head tilted, giving Ethan a playful look. "Wanna come with me to the kitchen? I've got to get something before I crash."

Her lips were gentle and sweet against his and he didn't want the moment to end. When they finally pulled away he grinned and then kissed her cheek when she mentioned that she was hungry, and to be quite honest he was too. After the mission it with Davis and the slight tranning with Victorie he did need to feed. " Okay since were both hungry lets go".

With that he took her and and opened the door to his room wthan wrapping his arm around her waist and used his other hand to close the door behind them. " Hey i heard their was another new blood mabey we should give em a warm welcome". He laughed slightly because thats not at all what he had in mind.

Victorie snickered at Ethan's thoughts, but wondered which new New Blood he was referring too. As they were walking together down to the lounge, someone called one of them out.

"Yo, Ethan!"

Victorie turned to find Davis watching them. She dropped her eyes, slightly out of respect and also to hide her disrespectful thought.

"Wondering if you and your girlfriend wanted to take me on..." he tilted his head. "two on one.. who knows.. I might even be challenged.."

Victorie rolled her eyes, feeling the heat of irritation trying to force her tongue to strike, but she could feel Ethan's presence, as well as the eyes of several others watching to see just what they would do. She was not in the mood to become the center of negative attention again. She glanced at Ethan, with an expression that stated that he was right about his first impression of the guy. He was nothing like their former leader, which just made Victorie miss him more.

Unnoticed, standing in the shadows near the point of interest, Brigs watched the three intensely. The two New Bloods were known to him, but his attention was on Davis and his mannerism towards his future coven members.

As they walked down the hall to head into the kitchen he stopped when he heard Davis challenge them to a spar. Ethan simply looked at him with a blank expression not giving him what he wanted, he sighed and then laughed slightly " Look man go find another person to spar with, why are you so egar to fight me? Do you honestly think you'd win? I mean you are wiser but you underestimate people to much and that is your downfall". He shook his head and then gave Victorie's waist a gentle squeeze before heading into the kitchen to feed.