The Color of Night - Chapter 1

Rin clammed up in her seat. She got especially nrvous when that fury Davis gave her a friendly nod. Yeah everyone knew Davis, he might aswell have been an ancent, he was dam sure close enough too. She avoided his eyes and stared down into her glossy lap. 'I hope they don't mind wet furniture, she thought.' Rin rose to her feet preferring o be outside anyways. She didn't really have any friends in the house, not even with the new bloods like her. Sure people had tried to befriend her at times 9Mostly the guys) but her emotions always got in the way. Eventually the others just gave up on her, the ones she notced anyways.

Rin walked back out of the front entrance and around the outskirts of the manor. A couple yards off she had one of her personal trainning inventiones set up. She stood in the middle of a circle surrounded by 8 rifles of the 3 round burst calibur. M-16's to be exact. She had to beg to borrow the weapons from the armory upon the condition that other new bloods could use the invention aswell. That was fine because none of them were crazy enough to try at the moment. Rin installed a timer in the barrel of each weapon that would randomly expire and cause the guns to fire. Strength and speed were something she didn't have to work on so this was built to test agility. Rin was waiting for just th right conditions to try out her new inventions... a rainy day.

With the weather how it was it would be much harder to doge the bullets. Each rifle was placed about 15 good yards away from the center. With the flooding sound of rain, Rin's increased hearing wouldn't pick up on the tickers expiration on each gun. Also having her clothes soaked made her heavier and that much slower. This ws admittedly foolish idea but that was just what she needed. Rin stood, her arms folded over her chest with her eyes closed.

The first gun fired directly from her right. Three bullets whizzed by her ear, she could feel the heat as she barely avoided it. Then the one from southwest, she arched hr back as the second bullets shredded a peice of her shirt. Then the one from the north... And so on.

Ethan grinned when she stuttered, her face was flushed and he knew she was nervous. Looking up the rain was slowing put it was still pouring. When Victorie turned her head from him and told him she wanted to know what was going on between him and Davis. He smirked and then cupped her face leaning slightly closer " You should relax and its not a secrect service action just a mission from the elders thats all". He pressed his lips against her's softly as the rain made his lips wet. When he pulled away he smiled slightly " Dont worry you'll get a chance on the action but until then lets spar".

As Davis exited the laundry room, he quickly noted the absence of many vampires that normally inhabited the room. He quickly jogged back upstairs and went into his room once again. He quietly grabbed a glass and poured himself some scotch. He slid open the sliding glass doors and stepped out onto the balcony, cool air and water caressing his skin. He scratched his forehead and let out another sigh. He wondered when everyone would re inhabit the lobby again.

"Well, it's cause of...everything going on...," she turned defensive, jerking her chin away. "Look, if I want to be a part of - whatever secret service action you guys are setting up, then I have that right! You weren't there when we were ambushed... I want to make them pay for taking our leader!" Her fangs flashed as she hissed, "I can't stand just hanging around - waiting for orders... I want to fight!"

After her little fit, a typical reaction that only a few understood, Ethan just smirked and regain control of her face. His touch was like a beacon of peace, even though it also cause a plethora of new emotions to erupt - and light visions seem to ghost from her mind.

"You should relax; and its not a secret service action, just a mission from the elders that's all". And he dotted that with a kiss. And that kiss, one that just felt so refreshing...suddenly opened up a gigantic hole in her hidden visions, awakening another time in another place...with another guy. And suddenly, she was furious.

When Ethan pulled away, he smiled slightly,
"Don't worry you'll get a chance on the action, but until then, let's spar", and her right hand...oh, for the love of blood, her right hand automatically crossed over to plant a full slap upon his cheek.

Victorie's eyes were burning in anger...and then, as if she was waking up that evening, her eyes cooled off and a sudden apology filled them. She gasped, covering her lips with embarrassment for slapping him. And then, as if her emotions were pouring from a never-ending pitcher, a smirk crossed her blushed lips coy, showing a tip of one of her fangs. Victorie wrapped her hands around Ethan's neck and jerked him closer, ravaging his lips with hers as if they were drenched in sweet blood.

She released him, and started to giggle, removing the wet streaks of her hair from her cheek, "Your kiss...causes problems, I hope you know. For a second there...I thought you were some one else. Yea...let's just spar..." She gave him a glance, wondering if that little flash of out of control emotion was too much...

The bang of fired ammunition engulfed most of the forest surrounding the manor. Rin stood, well more like knelt in the middle of the circle, panting ang gasping. She was waiting for the next timer to expire. If what she recorded was correct about five of the rifles had run out of ammo and one of them had jammed. That left only two, but which ones? Rin knelt in silence, her shirt was now full holes. Her long sleeved shirt now looked more like a flirty and seductive tank top. Thankfully she kept her skirt from a similar fate, it was short enough as it was.

Rin grabbed a hold of her right arm. Slightly above her elbow blood began to taint the remains of her shirt. Even vampires got tired sometimes right? After awhile she just had to slow down and there was a price for everything. Right now she couldn't even ell how big it was or how badly it hurt. She kept her eyes closed and was much to focused to move a muscle. Since she was on her knees the shots would be aimed no further than her head. It was risky but Rin couldn't tell if she had to energy to be as evasive as earlier.

The first rifle went off from the southeast. It nearly portruded straight through her head. Instead she turned her head on a swivel, allowing the three simultaneous round to flourish through her hair taking a few small strands with them. The last one came from directly north. Rin was positioned just stiffly enough that she couldn't move her head. Instead, she threw her body backwards to the floor. " N-Nice trail run.." She whispered in gasps. She was quite proud of her new invention. Its difficulty was just what she had expected and maybe even a little more. It was abit sad that no one else would try it out but that way Rin could just keep it to herself.. like everythin else.

Rin laid there for a few minutes, catching her breath and tightning her grip around her right arm. After swhile she shakily rose to her feet. The rain felt quite pleasing on her head as she steadily and silently made her way back to the lobby. Rin plannd to try gain tommorow.

The kiss was soft and gentle. He looked at her and before he could respond Victorie slapped him across the face. Looking at her shocked he just stared in disbelf not knowing what he did was so wrong, but the look on her face told other wise. She was blushing and a smirk formed on her lips when she pulled him closed and kissed him. Schoked at the action he returned the kiss but when she pulled away he looked at her.

" Your confusing do you know that, i kiss you, you slap me and then kiss me". When she said that his kiss causes problems and it reminded her of another guy he just shook his head with no emotion. " Yeah whatever lets spar". He voice wasn't as before and he was distant, his mind thinking, suddenly regreting what happened.

After finishing his scotch. Davis turned an ear to the gunshots ending in the distance. He jumped from the balcony, wind-sheer from the fall smacking on his body as he landed on his feet. He walked towards the Gunshots. He realized it was Rin's contraption thing, that of which he had yet to try out, as he wanted to. He reloaded every gun, and stepped in the middle. His luck was low today, as the first shot was directly behind him. He spun around at an unbelievable speed, outstretching his arm and grasping just one of the three bullets he dodged. The smoldering bullet seered through his hand for a moment before cooling. He proceeded to dodge most of the bullets. The final burst, however, nailed him in the shoulder. He hid the wound, turning to Rin, He bowed, like it was all a show for her.

Many people did not understand a fury close to becoming an Ancient. They were not perfect, nor were they surperior to any new blood in all aspects. Each Fury was weak at at least 2 or 3 things. The thing people didn't understand was that Furies were only smarter, not stronger than a new blood. Davis chuckled, gripping his shoulder with his hand, blood pouring out of the wound. He dug his fingers into the bullet wound, digging out each of the three rounds indivdually and dropping them to the gravel. He snarled at each.

Rin was about halfway back to the lobby when the fury Davis showed up. He walked right past her and straight to her new invention. Though she wanted to rest she couldn't pass up a chance to see another vampire try it out. She slowly pushed herself to follow him back to the feild. Rin watched as he dodged 3 round bursts' almost effortlessly.

Little time passed before almost all of the time expired. Davis has far less trouble than she did. It hadn't even seemed like he'd broken much of a sweat, well until the last shot. The complete burst peirced his shoulder. Rin gasped from pillar she was hiding behind, though it was a wide open area and she was clearly visible. She mouthed the words "A-Are you okay" Though her voice did catch up. Then oddly enough, he bowed as if he had just finished an awesome performance. Rin made a little murmuring sound as if to say 'Well done' before resuming her position behind the pillar. She watched as he painfully pulled the bullets from his skin. 'So that's gonna be the next ancient..' She thought.

"Your confusing, do you know that? I kiss you, you slap me and then kiss me..."

Yeppers, I did it again. she thought.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's spar."

Victorie crouched down in a fighting position, knowing she had to fix this - through grappling, She charged him, seizing his legs around the knees and lifting him over her head, tossing him backwards several yards into the surrounding foliage.

"Yea, about that…, sorry," It was lame, but Victorie never really had to explain herself. But when she had to find the right words to explain her mental flashes, it just sounded like some stupid kid's excuse for seeing ghost, or something.

"I don't know what to say… it was like I was having a vision. When I opened my eyes, you weren't there…" She stood up and set her feet again, preparing for his attack. "I'm not saying that your kiss was bad…actually, it was like 'wow'…" Victorie rolled her eyes. "...I'm sorry…did I just say that already?"

~*~*~*~*~

Lightly placed steps echoed silence upon the marble floor. Their master, tall and dominating, was practically unnoticed as he spirited through the lobby; but the presence of his immense power that he radiated to push the lower coven members from his path was enough to let everyone know exactly which Elder had ventured outside the forbidden wing of the manor.

A few of the Furies who sensed him knew to step to the side and lower their eyes as he passed. Others were lucky enough to get out of his way before the scorching heat of the air around him boiled them. Cries of anguish were his trumpeter, announcing his entrance into the lower lobby area.

Elder Murgtague ended his stride at the sliding glass patio doors, watching a distance away as Davis played around with one of the New Blood's little training contraption. It was…a nice little toy, one the Elders did approve, and one that was – as he claims – a more efficient way to weed out unworthy New Bloods… Of course, his brow folded at seeing their new prospect goofing off with it, and with an audience; but the Elder was – impressed all the same.

Crossing his arms over the dark Armani suit jacket, Elder Murgtague calculated the young Fury's speed and accuracy, along with his determination (which seemed low) and his strength; always testing theories, formulas and hypotheses against probabilities of the past, present and future. The future… HA! There's always a future for them…one that's laced with outside threats. One strong leader can stand as the figurehead for strength, power, honor, loyalty and a will to overcome those outside threats. Would this one favor better than the one that's now lost?

He's still rough, he thought, but – doable…for now.

He stood…he watched…he planned.

"Hey Desi, are you heading to The Motor tonight?"

Earthy brown eyes lifted from the computer sitting before the woman. The illumination from the monitor tinted them with an eerie bluish hue, which sees to turn her eyes into some unnatural creature. Eric seems to jump at her glance, but he always just told himself that Desirey was truly that shockingly beautiful. If only she would accept one of his offers – a little date, that's all. But she's all work and no play, as if she has an important duty to uphold. She talks to him a lot, but never about herself... She's always asking about Blackview, always wondering about its history and the past struggles the city had faced. It's just so convenient that he works at the local museum. If he didn't, he would never have any chance with her. But even with his vast knowledge of the folklore and legends of this crazy city, she still won't bite.

Whoo, oh I wish she would…, Eric regained his composure and folded his elbows before him, leaning his arms against the cherry wood bar in the hotel's lobby.

Desirey smiled, reading his body language and instantly knowing this was just another attempt at a date. She hated liking him for only his mind, but at this time – she didn't have time to play around.

"Oh, I'm sorry Eric, but I'm working the late night shift today. Wish I could, but no one was able to come it to cover tonight, and I need the extra money."

"Oh, alright. That's okay, I know how rough times have been. Maybe…a movie, some other time?" He slowly started to back up from the front desk, posing like a fool to make her giggle, which she did. "It'll be a comedy…"

"Ha, you're a comedy," she nodded, "fine, how about Saturday night then." Desirey rolled her eyes in thought. Might as well. Maybe one date will get him off my back.

Eric jumped in the air, clicking his heels and shouting like a Cowboy. The other people in the hotel lobby looked at him irritated. Others saw the smile of Desirey's face and gave a few 'ahhhs'. Now Desi was embarrassed. "Geez Eric, people are asleep!"

"Oh, yea – sorry about that. I'll see ya Saturday then…" He backed away, running into a couple entering with luggage before exiting. Desirey was still getting a few gushy looks from a few guests. She smiled all the same and continued to work…

She found the names of the two hunters she's spotted in town. One was a rogue, but the other…she thought she's seen that name before. Quickly writing down their room numbers, she quickly closed out her log in and stepped to the breakroom.

"Hey, Sherlock, I'm done with my shift. I'll see ya tomorrow, okay?"

The chief maintenance man nodded and gave a wave as he sipped on his soda. "Umm, seems like your late night shift suddenly shortened."
The old black man was one of the most interesting people in this town, to her. He spotted her military mannerisms off the bat, and the two's been chatting away about things that just flew over every one's heads. He would be sharp enough to eavesdrop on a conversation behind thick walls.

Desirey grabbed her things out of her locker before leaning over to give the old man a peck on the forehead. "You're such a sneak, Sherlock. Honestly, I rather go on a date with you." The man blushed. "I have a big night tonight, that's all. I'll make it up to him."

"Umm hmm, alright then; Eric's a good guy. It would be nice to see him with a good, strong woman like yourself. You better just take care to not get caught in early lies."

Desirey was shocked, the old man was very wise too. Early lies? Too late.

"Sherlock, I'll watch myself." She left him with a smile.

Her free hotel room was like an apartment for her. One of the smaller suites, it served her purpose well enough. After changing out of her hotel uniform, Desi quickly packed a few items under her shirt and heading out the door. She decided that tonight was a good time to socialize – with the other hunters. She made her way down the hall to the elevator, taking her up to the second floor. Soon, she was knocking on a door…

Ethan grunted as Victorie attacked him and he flew. He easily caught himself and regained his posture seconds after. When she apologized he was slightly shocked but shook his head " Its fine really..". He pasued when she said she had visions and a look of comcern formed on his face. " What do you mean you have vissions? Flash backs?" He was now curious. Saying that she liked the kiss made him smile and he put his hands up in surrender. " Okay you win for today, lets head back to the manor cause i want to hear more about these " visions" and its not the best idea to chat in the soaking rain".

A small smirk spread across Solomon's face as he listened to Victorie's words and he couldn't help but admire her ability to answer at all. It felt good to have a new blood that could at least talk to him without being so nervous they'd be speechless and unable to look at him. sighing he looked down at the place where the weapons were held and smiled reassuringly to Victorie. "Things should be fine, I know Davis, he can be a bit rough around the edges but he is not all bad." he arched an eyebrow as he waited for a response from her.

When he thought she might say something he saw the one called Ethan come up. He tilted his head at him wondering if he would be recognized. If not he might do something, or he might not it all depended on his mood. He leaned heavily against the wall and crossed his arms as he listened intently on the conversation till Ethan moved away to look at a picture. What an odd thing to listen to, it made no sense to him and he'd been about to ask about it when he saw Davis come up the steps. This was just getting better and better. He was a little surprised at the actions Davis took but at least there was an apology to something Solomon had no idea had happened and he nodded his head to Ethan at his hello. So he was acknowledged, good.

His attention went to them as they left and he waited silently as the two of them returned and then smiled. "Indeed." He said in response to both her questions. He nodded his head politely a smile still on his face as he listened to her some more. He crossed his arms and tilted his head his smile waning the more she spoke. "I understand your anger, I also know that we are ordered to say nothing until the time is right." A pause and his eyes narrowed. "When the time is right we will inform everyone of the plans. In case you were unaware, there are a few fury's that are unaware of what are happening, it is only the ones about to reach ancient level at this point." There was a snit bit of information for her at least. Anything other than that and he would be in trouble.

His arms uncrossed at her movement and he frowned at her as he noticed the dagger that was now implanted across the hall. It was something that needed to be addressed but before he'd been given the chance Ethan had basically swept her away. Not literally but he'd given her an excuse to leave. A low growl at Ethan and he too left though not to follow the two new bloods.

--------------------
Some time had passed since he'd talked to the female new blood and he was relieved to have had pleasant talk with the elders. Sighing he was sitting in his room again when he heard something from the window. Shutting his book once more he got up and went to it looking out at the movements of Davis from a contraption he'd never seen before. Intrigued he went out on his balcony and leaned over the edge watching everything that was going on. Sure he'd heard it before and was curious but now it had gotten to the point where he wanted to destroy the thing. From the look of things that might be difficult.

He happened to glance down and frown as he noticed an elder was standing there looking at Davis. Tilting his head he went through everything the elder could be thinking before dismissing the fact that it had anything pertaining to him. Another sigh and he figured he might as well join in the fun. On his own balcony he looked down at the elder and guessed what would happen if he landed next to the guy. figuring it would end horribly, or at least be irritating to him he went over to the far side. What was different about his balcony from the others was the fact he had metal bars instead of stone ones. They were spaced like a jail cells and it made things interesting for him.

Putting one hand on the top he leapt over and then grabbed a bar in each hand sliding off and landing lightly on the ground. Standing from his crouch he walked over to the elder and crossed his arms. "See anything you like?" he asked arching a brow.

--------------------

Soft paws padded the wet cold stones of the sewer system as she followed the scent of a human. Snickers head was low as she sniffed the ground. No blood hound but she had her moments of knowing where to go. She'd seen a human heading this direction and if it were a hunter like Heather she wanted to lead him to her. Catching up in no time she lightly rubbed against the guys leg and meowed lightly. She purred and continued to rub until he would acknowledge her existence. There was something on her collar to distinguish her as a hunters cat. If he saw it then she should be able to lead him without any trouble.

--------------------

Heather was sitting on a desk going over some papers while twirling a throwing knife when she heard a knock at her door. Stabbing the knife on the desk she grumbled and stood. Her ears strained as she tried to comprehend who would be at the door at this hour. Nothing bad had happened so far, and her senses were not going crazy so it had to be alright. As she stood her chair made a loud grinding noise against the hardwood floor. Heather adjusted the Kel-Tec PMR-30 pistols in their holders across her shoulder before she looked through the peep hole.

A frown creased her forehead as she noticed it wasn't someone from the hotel. Quietly unsnapping the bindings that held one of her guns in place she grabbed it with her right hand while the left took hold of the door knob. As quickly as she could she threw open the door and stuck the gun in the new persons face. "I would identify yourself if I were you." She said her voice low and menacing. Normally she would have shot through the door before opening it but since her warning senses hadn't gone off she wasn't being as cautious or as ruthless as she could be. "State your name and occupation, nothing more nothing less."

Lucas arrived at his hotel soon after packing up his gear, leaving the tent for future jobs. When he reached his floor, he gave a questioning look at the two woman that seemed to be fighting... with a gun. He just sighed. His gun was already out from its holster and accurately pointed at the gunwomans' head. "Drop it!" he shouted.

Victorie and Ethan

"Yea, about that…, sorry, I don't know what to say… it was like I was having a vision. When I opened my eyes, you weren't there…"

"What do you mean you have visions? Flash backs?"

"I'm not saying that your kiss was bad…actually, it was like 'wow'…" Victorie rolled her eyes. "...I'm sorry…did I just say that already?"

Ethan smiled and he put his hands up in surrender. "Okay you win for today. Let's head back to the manor cause I want to hear more about these 'visions', and it's not the best idea to chat in the soaking rain".

"Yea…sure…," Victorie smiled back, overwhelmed that Ethan was not turned off by her confession, and thrilled because she's never really told anyone about her visions, or to put it in the better term he'd mentioned, flashbacks. Calling them a flash back was odd, because she doesn't recall flashing forward before it became a flash back…But, not matter, it was nice to talk to someone else, besides the Physician or their Leader.

She did feel a bit sad about leaving the hill. Regardless of the rain, it was a refreshing experience, in more ways than one. She considered the hill her new place to relax. Victorie followed Ethan towards the house.

Elder Brigs Murgtague and Solomon

Brigs continued to watch as Davis soon reentered the house. He stood outside for a while longer, putting together his mental notes about the boy for his next meeting with the other Elders that night. Always daily reports needed about the ins and outs of the coven, always reports about financial issues, training, rations and blood supply deliveries and donations… Brigs never had time for himself, to enjoy a moment of rain fall and fresh air… He missed the night entirely – every night… Perhaps, that's why he dislikes everyone else, for he envies their lower levels, the lack of responsibility and duty…

His thoughts were cut off by a touch of another – and a sense of that person falling above him actually caught him as amusing. It could be a New Blood falling off the balcony. No, he sense skill…age, a Fury then? The person landed a distance away… one who knows his place and respects who he should, Brig's thought as he closed his eyes a bit.

"See anything you like?"

"No…and surprisingly, yes… " he answered without opening his eyes. "Solomon, it's been a while, has it?"

Brigs was familiar with all of the vampires in the coven. He was the Observer, the Keeper of the Graves, as others have lovingly named him. Others knew him as Clydesdale – the Work Horse, because he was the one who analyzed everybody there and knew exactly what they needed to work on to reach a level of performance required for their duties. Whenever he turned in a report to the leader, nine times out of ten some New Blood or Fury would have extra work on their hands – or kiss their immoral asses goodbye.

Hunter Heather, Desirey & Lucas

"I would identify yourself if I were you."

"I would, but rarely does one fellow hunter ask another so – menacingly." Desirey smiled cunningly, lifting the palms of her hands before her waist to prove that she wasn't a threat – yet.

"State your name and occupation, nothing more nothing less."

She signed, "Detective Desirey Terralossa, but you can call me a Hunter."

Suddenly, as if lady luck was working overtime for her, the other name she planned to visit just showed up right beside her, targeting a gun at the other hunter's head.

"Drop it!"

"Really, no need to be so hostile, " Desirey shook her head. "We're all friends here, working for the same cause." Unmoved by the tension around her, she placed a hand on the guy's gun and slowly lowered it. "Let's drop the guns, pour the Scotch, and talk about our favorite past-time, shall we? Besides, someone might see this party and called the local feds."

If those two shot each other's heads off, that would defeat her whole purpose for a late night social. She turned her drill sergeant face on and stood stern. "Look, if you two haven't realized it or not, we're sort of on a tight deadline. There's going to be a major showdown soon…and if we three can't work together to reach our goals, then we're going to miss out of a grand hunting party."

Ethan nodded and slowly made his way back to the manor. His clothes were soaked and he deffinitally needed to change. " Lets head to my room that way theres no interuptions". He headed down the long hall and turned the corner opening the door to the room on the end. Once inside he grabbed a pair of clothes and headed into his bathroom changing in the matter of minutes. " I have some clothes you could change into although they might be slightly biggher than you". He looked at Victorie before sitting in a chair by the bed.

"Let's head to my room. That way, there's no interruptions".

Victorie saw the logic of that. Besides, if she could keep out of sight of any Fury who knew she was the culprit in the mysterious knife-throwing incident earlier, the better she'll be. So, she followed Ethan to his room. It looked pretty much like everyone else, in a way. He had a single room though, not like hers where she shared room with another New Blood, but it still had a window overlooking the grounds on the opposite side of the house. That, she has heard, was a treat. Not every room had windows. Her and Rin, her roommate, was lucky enough to have two.

Avoiding sitting anywhere because her bum was soaked like the rest of her, she looked around while Ethan changed into some dry clothes. It was comfortably decorated, and welcoming; the place practically reflected Ethan in every way.

"I have some clothes you could change into although they might be slightly bigger than you."

She turned to find him relaxing in a nearby chair - very much dry. It was rather funny to think of how she would look in his clothes, but Victorie kindly shook her head. "I'll just rush upstairs and change. It won't take me long." She turned the knob of his bedroom door and exited, giving him a little smirk over her shoulder before closing it.

A quick dash upstairs, taking the old service stairs to avoid anyone of importance. She sprinted down the hall to her room and entered. After throwing off her soaked tank top and jeans, she dawned a comfortable baby tee in red, a pair of blue jean shorts and flip flops. Taking a little more time to dry her hair, she let it fall as she rushed out the room and back downstairs. She knocked on his door lightly, before opening it. "Hey, I'm back."

Ethan nodded and watched as she left, when she did he grabbed a book from his bookshel and opened it to the marked page. Skimming through he found a particualr part that intrested him. When she arrived back he looked up from his book and smiled " Nice outfir come in and close te door behind you". he looked back down at his book for a moment before looking back up " So what are these visons you see and how are they trigge

"Nice outfit."

Victorie looked down, "Ah, this old thing?"

"Come in and close the door behind you."

She did, and settled in a chair that sat beside him. She almost felt like she was sitting in a shrink's office the way Ethan was glancing at his book and all; talking so - formal...

"So, what are these visions you see and how are they triggered?"

Victorie took a deep breath, "Well, as you know, I entered this house with no memory of my former life... due to the car accident I was in last year. The doctor told me I may have small lapses of memory return to me, either through my dreams or as a 'flash back', and they will come about through outside stimuli - like a smell or a touch that is familiar to my memory, but not to me..." She could say this over and over again and it still will sound like a movie plot - not what she was dealing with.

"I call them visions because they don't seem like anything I've ever done before, because I don't remember them. It's like - I'm looking through someone else's eyes, watching their childhood pass by. It's really irritating."
Victorie glanced away, hoping Ethan didn't see her emotions break at that lie. The truth was, she sort of wished she could recall a few of those memories and the people she saw in them - they seemed really nice.

She shifted in the chair a bit to cross her legs and lean in slightly towards Ethan, gaining his attention more as if what she was about to say was the biggest secret of all.

"When you kissed me out there...it awakened another flash, and it wasn't a pleasant one. Quite frankly, it was...disturbing and it really pissed me off... But, I really can't recall why. I can't recognize his face, or why he kissed me..." She was looking away, talking as if no one else was there in the room. "But I can recall being in the woods...and it was cloudy...and I didn't want to be there...and there was this horrible wet smell. It was disgusting..."

Pulling herself away with a shake of her head, Victorie looked at Ethan again, "I'm so sorry I slapped you, but that's what I did back then... I just...reacted."

Ethan placed the book down on his dresser before looking at Victorie. He listened as she discused what her visions were and about the kiss. When she turnned her head at the comment he stood and looked out the window before closing his eyes soaking up all the information. " So basically you see little visions of the life you used to have although you quite cant seem to rember it, and when i kissed you it reminded you of some else kissing you..only it was't as plesant as mines". He walked over to her and smiled " Mabey we can find something that triggers your visions, a certain touch, action anything".

"So, basically you see little visions of the life you used to have, although you quite can't seem to remember it. And when I kissed you, it reminded you of some one else kissing you...only it was't as pleasant as mine."

She nodded her head as Ethan walked over to her and smiled. "Maybe, we can find something that triggers your visions, a certain touch, action, anything".

"It's not as easy as it seem though," Victorie looked up, now shadowed in doubt. "It's like they're picky, or something. Either a stimulus will trigger a memory, or an emotion... You guys all know about my crazy outburst! Well...that's why! Something started them up...either a word, or a scent, or a movement, a thought... That's why I just hang out at the dojo - spares me from the shame of having a lack of control."