The Clearing

She hesitated for a few minutes then reached back out to him. Her nerves calmed a bit. She wasn't normally one to be nervous. What was with her? Matriel followed him completely out of the cave. Her honey glazed eyes met his. They were gorgeously icy and seemed as if they were once cold. She smiled a bit her canines showing a tad bit. The white silvery hair strands that fell caught the light just right to lightly shine. Matriel was speechless for the time but got the courage to speak a few words at a time. "...Why did you chase me..." She knew he was being civil but she still was cautious.

"I-I didn't know who you were." he said. "You're the only person I've seen in years." He held her hands and led her back to the clearing. "Just....who are you?"

She was confused on how she was just noticed in the woods. She had been there for years. Maybe he just never noticed... Her grip on his hand tighted a bit then relaxed. "M-my name is Matriel." Matriel continued to melt in his eyes. "Who are you?"

"I'm Errol." he said with a soft smile. He sat down under a tree and signaled her to sit next to him.

She smiled and relaxed completely. He seemed nice and friendly. She felt comfortable with him. Matriel followed Errol and sat down right beside him. She couldn't hold the question any longer. "How have you not seen me?" Her thumbs twiddled in circles while her feet wiggled. "I've been here most of my life..." She hated killing the friendly mood but she was quite confused.

Errol knew this was a huge clearing. He possibly was on another side. He looked at her and told her his hypothesis. He sat down and looked up into the sky, snow bustling off of his eyes as he blinked.

She sat back and listened to everything he had to say. Matriel didn't have anything to say but her questions still were not answered. Why was he after her? The clearing meant really nothing to her. She didn't understand it. Even if that was true, she was still intrigued by him. She just could not explain it. Kylen came up to her quietly trying to not be heard. He tugged on the little clothing she had around her waist. A smile spread across her face. She leaned over to Errol. Her face was right in front of his. "I'm sorry... I have to feed Kylen and put him to bed." Her attitude shifted and wasn't so shy anymore. She smiled and gave a small wink. "You can come too. Only if you want that is."

Errol nodded. "I'll be glad to." he said with a sweet smile.

(( Haha Welcome back. ))

Matriel grabbed the boys hand and pulled him behind her. They ran to her speed and headed for the tree house. The sun light seeped through the tree and their leaves creating patterns all over the ground. Kylen already ran head and waited for them to arrive. She smiled and stopped to make sure he could catch his breath. Just in case he couldn't keep up. He was a flyer after all. "Can you keep up?" She gave a wink and began to run.

He smirked and glided on ice that was made by the touch of his footstep. He followed her with anticipation. New person, new world. He couldn't wait to see what happens..

She looked back seeing the ice underneath his feet. Matriel kept her running pace. "That's cheating!" She yelled back with a smile. Her focus turned back to the front as she weaved through the trees. She was determined to keep up the pace with out falling. Even though she was raised in the wild didn't mean she had the graceful tendencies as the wild had. "So far so good" She muttered. it was her best run yet.

A small gust of wind accompained a young man, who was running through the trees, wearing a hooded black kimono with a white. How the hood statyed on while he running, noone knows. Sometimes, he would use electric pulses to double and even triple his air time. As he used tripled his air time once more, he sailed over the clearing completely, not really carring who was on the ground. When he landed on the tree, he took off once more. The young man decided to take a break, so he sailed down, grabbed a branch and flipped over it, then landed on the ground in front of the tree. Taking a deep breath, he slumped down agianst the tree trunk.

Goth-Fairy.jpg
Trixie was rudely awakened when something put their weight on the tree. "The hell?" She cursed to herself as she looked down from her branch. She saw the male slumped against the tree. "The nerve of those oversized people, throwing their weight everywhere." She muttered to herself, as Trixie moved the leaf she was using as a blanket off of her. "Ruining my midday nap." She flew down from her branch and landed with all her weight on the man's right shoulder. Not that it was a lot of weight, considering she was only a few inches tall, but short of casting some magic, there was little else she could do.

With the boy no where in sight, she shrugged it off then slowed her speed. The light shimmered through the florescent leaves. The birds chirped as the smaller rodents pounced around play their daily game of tag. Her honey eyes watched the world do it's bidding.

What an intoxicating sight...

The girl began to skip just as she reached her boredom toleration point. She had to get home where Kylen was waiting. Matriel finally had reached her home. Trees had arched and made their own nesting grounds. It was very much like a tree house but it had been fully natural. The small pup jumped up and down seeing his elder sister return. Of course not by blood but they were family non the less. A small grin arched across her face seeing how the smaller one reacted to her home coming. Her arms scooped him up and rocked him lightly. He was such a baby. A yawn escaped his mouth as his eyes grew heavy. Matriel placed him on a bed of leaves as he curled up and had drifted further asleep. The girl had nothing to do but sit and wait. Her feet carried over to her stack of leaves then gave away letting her body fall. It was comfortable to her and she would have never asked for anything better. She laid there watching to little one twitch and coo from his dream land adventures.

"Hm?" He looked up and around, trying to find out what was pressing into his shoulder. "A twig....Nah, I can sense a nervous system....though its a tiny one. A Pixie? Nah, can't rule that out. Fairy? Still can't rule that out not with all the crap i've seen... Wait, how are they different?" He thought out loud. Hah, now what was a qood question. In his loooong lifetimes, he's seen alot of weird and unusual creatures so if it was an accutal pixie that was on his shoulder, he really wouldn't be that susprised. After all, he is considered "weird and unusual" for what he is.

She heard the man thinking out loud and was stunned to hear him ask that. She got off his shoulder and hovered in front of his face, pointing a finger at him. "What's the difference? I'll tell you what the difference is! Fairies are little goodie-goodies with no personality! I am definitely not a fairy. I'm a pixie!" she told him in a matter of fact voice. "And another thing, don't act like two different creatures are the same thing. I'm pretty sure you'd offend a dwarf if you said there's no real difference between him and a gnome!" She paused to catch her breath and ceased pointing her finger.

"!" Well, at least he was mildly (sarcasm) correct in thinking that it was a pixie. "Well you do have a point there." He pulled off his hood to reveal a young man with light green eyes and a face of a man whose experienced alot of stuff yet still looked young. "Sorry about the classification." What he really was thinking: humans have been searching for pixies and stuff for a long time now and here I am talking to one. Hah! Although, the tiny creature's rant and small size accutally made him think it was adorable at first......before he realized he was in the wrong.

She smirked, pleased with the apology and also a bit less annoyed about being woken up. She'd napped long enough anyway. "Apology accepted." She examined the man, seeing him clearer now without the hood. He seemed, almost aged but still young. He may have possibly been used to exploration or at least, had many tales to tell about what he's seen. He could be an interesting person. But there was still one thing bugging her. "Though, what are you doing this far in the forest anyway? It's rare to see someone...well...of your size. At least in this part of the forest." Also, since most people in this forest have something special about them, I wonder what your story is... she began pondering to herself but trying to keep her curiosity to herself, at least for now.

"Well, honestly speaking, I was testing out a new trick...and racing someone." At the mention of racing something, a hawk with electric blue feathers flew by and landed on his shoulder. "Eventhough I taught you this trick, your still alot faster than me, I don't get it." "Probally cause you weren't using your true form. Anywho, your heading back Chidori?" Then bird nodded and dissappeared in a flash of light...only to reform into a sheathed katana, resting on the tree as well.

((Sorry for leaving, but I'm back now...starting over. I forgot who I was when I left off))

Zacky slowly walked into the clearing. He spotted two people talking. A pixie and a man. He hid behind a tree and looked at them. "Okay. Real people, don't scare them off" He pulled out a hat to cover his horns so he wouldn't scare them off. He walked up slowly, starting to let the word "hi" slip out of his mouth.