The Classic Gate Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozy had gone into her apartment but grabbed only one thing. Her cell phone. She began to make her way back down the stairs, typing in a number as she did. blissfully unaware Of her surroundings. As she passed the elevator it dinged, nearly giving her a heart attack as her phone fumbled out of her hands. It did a quiet dance as it tumbled on the floor. Ozy looked over at the doors that had revealed John and Sally. Her embarrassment faded as she spied an emotion on John she couldn't quite pin. "Hey John... Everything alright?" she found herself asking before she really had time to think about how to approach the subject.

((once I get home I'm going to make a map of the building. >.<))

Areiz shrugged, turning back to Falco's and resting a hand on his shoulder. She didn't speak, just gazed straight ahead.

Falco looked over at Areiz before realizing exactly how many more people were here. "Are you okay?"

Areiz nodded, but she had lost her smile, all the voices making her a little jumpy.

"Let's go back to our apartment..maybe we can meet some of the others later." He put his hand on top of Areiz's and led her out of the room, bidding a few people goodbye and slipped over to the stairs. As they reached their apartment, Areiz had regained the bounce in her step. Falco opened the door, leaving it open and crossed the room, opening the window in the room. He walked into the kitchen, fixing two lettuce tomato sandwiches and handed one to Areiz. "Eat, we can watch some TV." He said, picking up the remote to their TV.

Areiz nodded, taking a bite. "Animal planet?" She asked.

"Sure.." Falco turned it on, picking up a book and sitting on the couch beside Areiz, ignoring the commentary of a lioness stalking her prey.

John was surprised to see Ozy standing there but he quickly recomposed himself so he would not worry her, "No I'm fine. It just seems a lot of people are chatting away in the lobby and it was a bit more people than I could handle." He gave one of his smiles that said everything was ok, and now it was ok because he was away from all the commotion. "So, where are you heading? Anywhere special?"

Susy looked angry now that he was talking to yet another person. She crossed her arms, "Didn't you hear anything I said! You can't just go around and talk to random people. We aren't exactly unpacked you know." She was really frustrated with him. Sure they didn't really have much to unpack but he just kept going on and on with the talking, even after she got him out of the lobby full of people.

"Oh right, sorry." John said to Suzy then turned to Ozy, "As you see I have my hands tied, I should get going. Maybe we can talk another time?" Suzy grabbed his arm and started to pull. He let her pull him into their apartment.

Ozy watched as the small girl pulled her large cargo. Her long white hair cascaded down her shoulders as she smiled. As the door closed behind them and she turned. Walking to the item she had dropped. It was without damage, thanks to a sturdy construction and the carpeting on the floor. Surely she would talk with John again, it seemed likely to her at least. She looked to the elevator a moment before she continued down the stairs. She had long finished typing the numbers into her phone by the time she reached the bottom. She could have called, but reception in the stairwell was never the best. As she reached the main floor she stepped out of the stair well, looking directly ahead, she could see the lounge area, and many people seemed to be gathered in it. Her phone had been put up her to her ear. She blinked "Huh..." A voice came on the other end and she perked momentarily. Forgetting that she had called someone. "Oh hey!" She began speaking into the phone. She walked forward speaking into the phone, she would go and mingle with the crowed in a few moments.

Ocric turned to see he had been engaged in conversation. "If there was, I had no idea of it. My guess is it was one of those odd coincidences where everyone happened to have the same thought at the same time." he chuckled lightly to himself before adding, "Which is odd, because I don't believe in coincidence."

Ozy didn't go into the lounge to mingle, she instead turned, going to a commercial slot. They were all the same, currently empty spaces and nothing more. But their emptiness was white on a canvas. Pure potential. "Mmhm." She replied to her phone. She lifted her hand, placing it on the security gate. "Yeah, sure thing. I'll be down in the main hall." She turned her head toward the gathering in the Lobby. After a few seconds she pulled the phone away from her ear. She turned her body toward the lobby. She held the phone to her chest for a few seconds, unsure of how to approach. But after a few seconds she started, with timid and unsure steps she reached the edge of the lobby. Looking at all of her tenants mingling and meeting. She spoke no words though, for now she would simply watch in awe, hands held closely to her chest, as if holding some precious memory.

The morning was grey, dark clouds loomed over the city. It seemed as if there would be snowfall today, and judging by the wind it would likely be violent. The clock is just striking five am now, and the first flake falls just outside the glass doors to the entrance. Ozy is standing there, her hand against the window looking out. A small frown on her face. It wasn't going to be a nice day, she likely wouldn't be going outside. She supposed that would be alright. She could always lock herself away in her apartment and do something, or possibly pester her tenants. Then again... she didn't really want to bother them. For now she returned to the lounge in the middle of the lobby, sitting down and looking at the ground as she thought what to do.

The giant moving van rumbles along the cold, icy streets, careful not to slip or loose control. With the weight in the behemoth's back, a slight curve in the wrong direction meant unspeakable disaster.

Liesel Serge stood on her tiptoes, boots on the edge of the passenger seat, hands resting on the dashboard. She could see the Classic Gate Apartments now, still glowing and warm like it had the day she first set eyes upon it.

She hoped none of her strange things had gotten damaged during the trip. She wanted to share as much of her beloved strange things with the world as she possibly could.

As the van moved up to the front, Ozy stood with a smile. Knowing who had shown up. She was wearing very casual clothes, which was sort of strange for her but not unheard of. She silently skipped with slight glee to the door, opening it to shout at the van. "Miss Serge! I'm glad you made it! The conditions are less than perfect and I wasn't sure if you'd care to drive in it." After she finished talking she left the safety of the building with the intent of helping the girl move her items in.

Status
Not open for further replies.