The Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ritual was ruined. Crim was on his way back, cursing the young fools, when he saw a rather stupid looking man run out of the Cave and fall. He rushed over to him and snatched the stolen goods, his creepy smile of shark-like teeth showing from under his hat. "Why hello there little thieve. Come to make off with some of our medicine hmm?"

Sha seated down on the chair beside her. Picking up the materials for the basket she gestured to them. Picking up a herb, she gestured to it. "Would you like weave a basket, or go and collect some herbs with me," she said to Bran

Bricius attempted to stand but his knee buckled under him again. "Look, I just need some medicine for my knee, and I'll be on my way" he explained. He looked up at the creepy and deranged looking man and put his hand on his flint dagger.

Bran's eyes widened at the aspect of going out to get herbs. Though, what he was really excited for was to get away from the cave and get to see their beautiful surroundings, especially during the brisk autumn, when the leaves were turning so many different colors.
This is a perfect time to get herbs! 'Cause everything's ripe.
He smiled widely and stood, picking up a basket and gazing out.

"Heh... And why didn't you just ask the shaman for them? She's much more merciful then me." Out of Crim's cloak came a spear with a sharpened bone point which he pressed on the intruder's neck. "It's your lucky day... I'm in need of a new sacrifice. Heh heh." His twisted smile grew and he raised the spear... But then he lowered it. "On second thought I know someone who could use you, or at least choose your fate. What's your name kid?"

Bricius relaxed a bit as the knife was released from his throat. "One, I'm not a kid, kid." He said showing his grey short beard. "Also, I guess holding a knife to my throat is justified, but now I have to return the favour" he said cheerfully as he spun the man around and held the knife length wise to his throat. "I'm gonna walk out of here with the medicine, and your my bargaining chip" he whispered in the mans ear.

Zhari stood up slowly, hearing muffled noise from the back of the cave. She had been so immersed in what she was doing she had not noticed anything strange. She crept slowly towards the back. Maybe it was just Sha working again. Not just anyone was allowed back there, so she was hesitant as she crept forward. "Hello Sha... is that you?"

Suriya went tagging along with Bran to make sure he didn't get in trouble."i will leave you guys to it,wait for me Bran!"Suriya ran after Bran to help him.

"How dare you. First you call me a child when I'm the only person on this rock who bothers to shave. Next you betray a person who shows you mercy. I suppose now your going to take the medicine and crawl back to whatever hole you came from. Well your a fool because that "medicine" is some of my ever so potent poison." Crim said, this didn't seem like the first time a knife was held to his neck.

"Come," Sha gestured outside. Surprised by Zhari she questioned, "Are you coming with use Zhari? We are going to collect some herbs," she said, getting up and walking out of the cave. In the bush, her attentive eyes picked up yellow-flower, a flower which when the petals are used to make tea stop migraines. "Do you remember what this is?" she asked Bran, pointing to the plant

Zhari sped up to catch up with Sha. She had time, she had finished her basket so there was no trouble going with Sha. They walked out of tge cave together and Sha pointed out a yellow flower, asking her if she knew what is was. Zhari tilted her head to the side trying to rack her brain for the answer. This was not her first time coming upon this plant but she always forgot the name. It was used to stop headaches or something like that. "Is it Vasper?"

"Similar," Sha said all knowingly. She carefully picked the flower off the stem, and showed it to Bran and Zhari. "This is Yellow-flower. See it has this little ring of black dots close in the middle? In Vasper, those aren't there and also their are three leaves on a Vasper stem, while only two on a Yellow-flower," she said calmly. She opened a small pouch to hold her herbs, and put it into one compartment. "Can you see any other medicinal herbs nearby?" Sha asked, wondering if the two could manage to find any

Bran looked at the flower closely, but couldn't remember the name, so he was happy that Zhari provided an answer. He listened to Sha's explanation, wondering if she knew everything. Then she suggested for them to look around, so he stood up and walked around, checking in bushes and on the leaf-strewn ground. He eventually found a handful of bright toadstools, which were colored bright red and white speckles, with a milky base. Getting down on his knees, he called over his shoulder,
Hey Sha, Zhari! I found something.
He remembered encountering them before, but he didn't realize that these mushrooms were poisonous to eat.
180936276.jpg

"No! Drop them!" Sha yelled out as she glanced at the mushrooms. "That's redcap Bran, it's highly poisonous!" Sha said panting, after having attempted to run. She cuffed him on the ear.

Bran was shocked when Sha yelled at him, dropping them immediately. He looked at them with wide eyes, and winced as Sha hit him. Standing up, he looked up at her and said,
I'm sorry Sha. I remembered seeing them before, but I didn't remember they were redcap.
He shivered as he looked at them again, then sulked away to find something else.

Suriya returned to the cave to see that some people were missing they must have went hunting or gathering. Suriya had seen a snake trailing behind her she was like a magnet to snakes or maybe she was a target for them all. This snakes skin was beautiful. She loved all snakes skin but this one was extraordinary she wanted it. She reached down to pick it up.
Bush-Viper.jpg

Crim exited the bushes wiping blood off his bone spear and carrying some medicine. He saw that stupid girl trying to get herself killed once again. He jumped out and plunged the spearhead into the snake's skull with a sickening crunch. "Are you daft woman?!"

Suriya wanted to cry but that was a sign of weakness so she held it in. " There are many more people to protect i can protect myself im not a kid". Suriya stormed away in anger. I wanted to examine it. She wanted to learn why. Suriya then turned around and asked to be forgiven.

Crim's stern look softened a bit. "Look. Snakes are bad, they kill people with poison in they're fangs. They look so pretty to lure you in so they can bite you." Crim explained to the young girl. He was a bit more harsh in his words then he should have been but he wasn't exactly having a good day.

" I understand but that one didn't strike at me, i was so close to it" suriya still didn't understand why things were dangerous maybe there were just misunderstood. "They also needed to survive they may have family they need to protect" What Suriya wanted to know was dangerous. She thought Maybe she should stop trying to kill herself.Suriya tilted her head down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.