Status
Not open for further replies.
"If I'm bein' honest with ya," she finally said as she made herself a sandwich, "I just think our almighty leader ain't so almighty or maybe he's just bein' a lazy a** an' doesn't wanna do s*** 'bout the monsters attackin' right now. Probably gettin' laid in his harem or somethin'..." She scratched at an itch on her scalp before reaching for her sandwich, taking a bite. "I dunno if it's connected, but these diamonds got somethin' in 'em... worth investigatin'."

She put the sandwich down and looked to Tai, green eyes a little serious. "I was gonna sell the damn thing, but once I actually held it, my mind changed. Huh... probably dreamin' big but I think these babies may be able to help do something... make some change. Anythin' really." In Meg's opinion, the world was rather plain and bland, like food without salt. Sure she wasn't picky, but she did know what tasted good and what didn't.
"Tai was going to get money for it as well, but it seemed somehow, intuitively wrong. If the two of us have received these items, it stands to reason that others have gotten them as well. But, this one does not know how to determine which people may have them. This one has never left this city, for fear of what lie without, but somehow... this thing seems to compel Tai into action. This has never been one to engage in combat when it was not to defend herself, but Tai feels that perhaps these diamonds might be able to help everyone change things around here for the better." She shrugged then sighed.

"It is not the path this one would have chosen, but sometimes the world chooses our path for us, yes, friend Meg?" Tai concluded.

@Greenie

Reactions: Greenie
[BCOLOR=transparent]Although Keelin took note of her company's tears, she wasn't quite sure if it were wise to draw attention to them. Perhaps a distraction was in order. Considering the query already put forth, Keelin lowered raised her hands, lightning still within them and attempted to manage a demonstration. "I read a few books on the subject of elemental control. They were meager, basic, but provided enough to get me started," she said as she began manipulating the lightning to shape in the form of a spider. "Mother was proud, but I mainly just wanted to do it for myself."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Eventually books on the subject were harder to find, and so I couldn't advance much further." Keelin frowned, but only for a moment before the spider she had made landed upon her knee and began to crawl around her body until it settled on her shoulder. The process made the woman's hair on her left side stand up slightly, but it didn't seem to bother her. "What you saw today was essentially the limits of my abilities. Until I can find a mentor or more books to learn from, this is it for me. Due to the limitation of self-taught magic, I get tired perhaps faster than I should. It's a difficult limit to work around."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Looking to Kela, she managed a smile, "What of you? Any ability in magic?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Greenie[/BCOLOR]

"If you have a suggestion, pitch it now," he said.

A suggestion? Heck if she knew; now that she was here, surveying the situation without the safety of standing atop the walls, without the help of a full well of magic, and with nothing but these two to stand between her and a bunch of rampaging monsters, Zora realized that she had made the wrong choice. She should have gone on to the monastery, where at least she knew her surroundings and the capabilities of those around her. She'd never even been outside the walls before, and hadn't even remembered to grab a weapon! How was she supposed to be any help in this fight?

At least the situation didn't seem to be dire enough to actually require her assistance. Wherever she looked, it seemed as if the villagers might have the upper hand. More soldiers and townspeople defended the walls with valor and skill than she would have expected. There even seemed to be some amount of cooperation between them all, as a plan looked to be emerging to stop the situation before even this staunch defense was defeated by sheer numbers.

With her brow a bit furrowed, Zora turned to the other two to suggest that they should turn back, that the situation looked well-enough handled and that she would prefer to move on, but the expressions that she saw as she did so made her hold her tongue. Var Atr stood patiently, his glow softening into what might have been a calm resolution for his type, and the mute was gesturing resolutely out into the battlefield while pointing to herself. These two were ready to fight, obviously.

"I don't have any weapons of my own, so it is probably best for me to stay out of danger," she suggested instead. "I may be low on power, but I know I've got enough to at least enchant your weapons. What sort of effect do you think would be best?"

[fieldbox= Belyavor and Var , green] Belyavor took his time gathering his magic energy to send the beasts scent of smell off, but he had an urge more powerful than his obedience towards his captain, his diamond was altering his motivations from survival to victory, and he had no objection to this. Luring the alpha out might work, but killing it will work. Holding his balance atop the beast while it faced off against Herleva, the captain, proved to be a difficult task, but it was nothing Belyavor couldn't handle with a little focus. From his throat, Belyavor summoned his long time friend and companion, "Var! I need your aid!"

Having heard these words, Var glanced at his two comrades, one of which offered to enchant his weapon. Vars spear would be of no use for what was to come and she'd need whatever energy she'd had left to take down any monsters left behind, ones that were too far in the city to flea at the death of their master. "Save your spirit, A plan is unfolding in Lord Orminai's mind." Var prepared himself, his serene glow turning to a passionate fire as he lunged forward, gliding his spirit across the ground. His leather straps pre-emptively uncoiling for what was to come.

With Vars body being so deconstructed there was no need to climb the flesh of the Alpha to reach Belyavor, the mass of leather and armor seemed to float towards its destination as Var lunged himself into Belyavors body. The uncoiled leather and plates of metal found themselves surrounding Belyavor, the orange glow still visible but obstructed by the man who stood in the middle. Var and Belyavor had combine into one single warrior, a mass of flesh and Esper, shield and sword in one hand and spear in the other.

Within Vars body, Belyavor had already begun to feel the power of living Esper armorflowing through his own body and soul. It was a feeling he'd felt before, but this time it was far more exhilarating. This was likely due to the fact that they'd not done this since before they acquired their diamonds that made them so much more powerful. Strangely, however, Var did seem to fit better on Belyavors body. Before, the fit was still a practical fit, though this time around there was far more comfort as the metal sat on Belyavors body and the leather lined the open parts of his body. At least as comfortable as a the inside of a living body of armor could be, people didn't wear armor for style or comfort, it was bulky and heavy, even with the armor being alive.

Holding up Vars spear, Belyavor aimed it to be thrown at the back of the alphas left leg, throwing it directly into the joint. The beast dropped at the feeling of the metal tip tunneling its way into the bone of its thigh. It was not a direct hit, but it was enough to do what had to be done. Switching his sword from his left to his right hand, Belyavor shouted, "Var, strike with me!" The Alpha had fallen to its side, the shoulder that had been previously injured prior to attacking the city crashed on the ground, causing even more pain to be expressed by the alphas two-headed roar.

With Var following Belyavors lead, he used his strength to move with him making the pair act as a single unit. The sword the pair used had the unique ability of wearing through magic before wearing through the metal, meaning the when Belyavor thrust the sword into the alphas back and hit bone it would not put a strain in the blade itself; at least not yet. dragging the blade through, Belyavor could feel Var pushing with him and they managed to cleave through the alphas entire back in one sweeping strike. This, however, was not enough. It quickly managed to get back on all fours, but it was holding all of its weight on a single side. Belyavor and Var had planned on another strike to set it on its side once again, but to their surprise, captain Herleva Asler had seen this advantage as one to be taken before they could even process the advantage was there. The fierce woman had struck at the front wrist of the undamaged leg, forcing the alpha to back off and put weight where the fresh spear would impair its movement. The advantage was now in their favor, even without Roth to do his damn job.

Leaping up, again with Var to help, Belyavor was able to climb the alpha much more efficiently than before and soon found himself grabbing the tufts of fur that were on its back and impaled his blade once more into the Alphas back, this time dragging it across was much more difficult. Rather than one simple motion, Belyavor had struck ribs, causing him to stop every time he struck one hard bone, but with Vars help they managed to drag it across once more. He could not see what Captain Asler was doing, but he could tell that she was adequately assisting from the ground.

Belyavor still had his energy stored up, and used a small amount of magic after leaping off the alpha to soften his landing. Wearing Var as armor did mean he could jump higher, but it did not mean he could land softer, his wind magic was what would save him from that. Getting a clear look, the Alpha was falling off it legs. One more strike.

Raising his sword, he couldn't help but notice all of its magic had been worn down. If he were to strike a bone or even a hard patch of muscle, it could break his sword. But that didn't matter to him anymore, survival was not enough. He would kill it. Herleva cut down the alphas last leg, forcing it to fall in its side, this time falling on the undamaged side. That, however, was all Belyavor and Var needed. "Now, Belyavor. Strike!" voiced Var, and without a word or gesture, Belyavor launched himself forward and dragged his sword across the alphas body. He could feel the sword struggling to go across the flesh, but with his magic aiding him and Vars strength helping to move his muscles, they managed to put one more gash along the Alphas body.

Steam from the hot blood of the alpha rolled off its body. I did it thought Belyavor. But in the moment of his confused victory he had not realized the alphas body still moving, it was still breathing. Perhaps it had sought to get some level of revenge as it made one final attempt to crush Belyavor. It tried to stand but could not and Belyavor himself had not the time to react accordingly and brought up the shield embedded on Vars hand. It was reflex, but consciously he knew it did not matter, the Alphas weight could crush the pair. Var could survive, but could he?

Impact did not happen, however, as the red haired captain caught the Alphas falling body. This was not her beast stance, however, there was purple flowing from her body. Her magic energy condensing into her most powerful ability for a mere flash, had he not been so close to her he may have missed it. With one strike with her weapon, she finished off the alpha. It did not scream in pain, but rather fell violently to the ground opposite of the pair. And in that split second, Herlevas purple glow dispersed. Her Valkyrie stance was only used so briefly...Belyavor had felt strong but was quickly humbled by his captains capabilities. He still had a long way to go.

As for Var, he had taken himself off of Belyavor in a crawling speed. His orange glow was dime, he was exhausted and if he had lungs he'd no doubt be breathing heavily. Belyavor himself felt the ache of his muscles, he'd pushed himself a little to hard. "Belyavor," Spoke Herleva. Her voice came out like nails of iron, "Never disobey a direct order from your captain. You will be penalized for your insubordination." The man gulped at the thought of what her penalty might detail as guilt filled his body. The plan was to lure it out and he intentionally disobeyed.

"I would apologize," Belyavor spoke in response, "but for now we must clear out the rest of the pack."

"Nonsense, soldier, do you hear that?" There was silence, but Belyavor knew not what to make of it. "The wall guard and city guard have already both evacuated civilians to the underground and no doubt are eliminating the last of the treats, else you'd hear the screams of children and cries of mothers."

It was a fair point, the guards would, after all, need to do their duties. Belyavor looked up at the sun and saw how much time had passed. Noon had passed. Where was Roth?[/fieldbox]
From within Roths tower, he stood in the company of two members of his Harem, though they were not performing any actions for him. They were chained near his throne, sometimes out of punishment and sometimes for his own pleasure, though often one came with the other. From the doors came a young half-dragoon boy. At least, young when next to Roth. Lonn Taiocer stood before the king, bowing his head not out of respect, but rather out of obedience, the one thing Roth demanded. "Lord Roth, I have a report for you."

Roths face was overcome with curiosity, he'd known of the monster attack and cared not to fight them off until the threat became larger, but Lonn was a member of the Anti-Rebellion Squad. Why would he be reporting for such an event? "Firstly, the Alpha has been defeated, the killing blow landed by Wall Guard Captain Herleva. Currently the rest of the guard is fighting off the rest of the pack and everything should be settled in a matter of minutes now."

Roth did not care in the slightest and knew Lonn had come to report more. "And secondly?" He asked impatiently.

"I am here to also report suspicious activity. There was discussion of a church renovation that I stumbled upon, but there was something amiss about it all, so I did a search of my own. This church was never to be renovated according to the town halls paperwork and the group seen was far too large for such a discussion. I suspect them of having used magic trickery to hide something from myself. This coupled with the reports of a suspcious figure offering diamonds worries me, sire."

"I see, so you think they may be plotting a rebellion?"

"Yes, sir. I was hoping I might be able to negotiate with them and perhaps steer them into a more obedient path." Lonn was attempting to trick Roth into a more peaceful route by mentioning the obedience, but the next words from the kings mouth dashed those hopes down immediately.

"Just tell Captain Deuk about any suspicious figures, I care not for such trivial matters, boy!" Roth was quite angry about the situation, and probably was angry since the morning.

"There is one more thing, sir, and perhaps it is nothing." Lonn spoke once again, this time with much more strength in his voice. "The would that killed the Alpha...It strongly resembles the one you now wear on your back." Clearly said in spite, Lonn left the room before he could hear the kings response. That man pissed Lonn off to no end, though once behind the doors and safely out of sight, Lonn let out a sad and soft sigh. He did not want to shed even more blood. Still, as of now they had no clues as to who might be the suspects. Lonn would have to trust himself with the investigation, but he still had a duty to tell captain Deuk of all that has happened.

Chapter Two

[fieldbox=3 days later]Men, women, and children who have accepted my gifts, am I glad to see you have overcome the events of disaster, but I am afraid I must warn you. You are being hunted by the kings dogs. Though he once was my friend I must not let him hunt you so easily, your trail is being followed. I will give you this warning, though I can only wish you hear it. Keep your diamonds close, I have spoken to them of the events and they will aid you. I cannot force you to walk the path I have laid out, but you were all so kind in accepting my gifts. Perhaps this kindness is what will guide you in the path I paved.[/fieldbox][fieldbox= Belyavor Orminai , turquoise]3 days after slaying the Alpha and Belyavor was still sore, mostly his damaged shoulder. While it was healing very nicely, he still felt the pain of it anytime he'd chosen to move his arm. It was really quite uncomfortable. Fortunately, due to his injury he was able to stall Herlevas punishment for disobeying the order. Even still, Belyavor had to wonder if he was in the right. The men, women, and children of Rothendust that had died were all identified and buried in the tomb underground. Being a member of the guard, Belyavor was able to see the body count before it was made public yesterday. If he had obeyed her orders would the number of dead civilians have been smaller?

As for the breached wall, it was in the process of being repaired. Such a large wall took time and resources, but it also took even more men to protect the workers. A nonstop guard outside the city walls, one of the most dangerous posts to have. Still, captain Herleva herself was there to ensure safety. She had, after all, bee the one to truly finish off the alpha. The thought made Belyavor tingle with rage. He wasn't able to land the killing blow. Before, this never would have bothered him, however he had wanted victory so badly he could only be disappointed by the lack of holding his own. His grip on his mug of ale tightened. Being that he was temporarily off duty, he found himself inside the inn owned and run by Kenna Morrigan, an old friend. Well, if friend were synonymous for a frequent patron of hers. The two had their chats, but Belyavor did wonder if she'd talked with him out of respect and affection or out of professionalism.

Still, glancing up at Kenna, Belyavor spoke to her. "I hope you'd not lost too many regular patrons in the attack." He was terrible at small talk, the only thing he could think to bring up was the possible death of her customers...Still, the words were out there and he could not take them back.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
"Oh, I'm sure there's gotta be more people with these diamonds," Meg agreed as she pushed the tray of food away and leaned back precariously in her chair, bringing her legs up to rest on the table, crossed at the ankles. "Ain't lotsa people who're just gonna say no to a pretty jewel bein' offered, right?" She scratched at the back of her head before pulling out the jasper coloured diamond from her cloth belt. She brought it up over her head, turning it this way and that as she looked at it.

"The world chooses our path, huh?" She sat back down properly with a clatter, head tilted and unfazed. "Maybe, but that might mean the world's a bloody idiot, cuz I don't gotta clue what to do." She let out a snort before shoving the jewel away back under her belt. "Still, I s'pose that feeling's there. Just gotta find out what's it all about, find others. Take a chance. Like we always do."

She pushed her chair back before standing up, patting her belly. "Well, best be goin' now, eh? The owner here ain't gonna like us much when he gets his a** back in here. An' don' worry, I ain't stealin'..." She smirked a little before pulling out a few coins and leaving them on the table. "C'mon." Saying that, she started for the exit.

@Michale CS
*****​
Kela had expected the question, though not the smile. It managed to cheer her up the slightest hint, enough that she took a deep breath to calm herself. It wasn't long before her tears were reduced to mere yet frequent sniffles.

"Not... anything as interesting as what you can do," she told the other woman, managing a half smile of her own. "But... well..." She looked toward the door. "Batsy?"

It wasn't long before the bat flew over from where he had settled down. He immediately headed to land in his usual place, her hair. Kela didn't even flinch as the small winged rodent climbed up to sit atop her head. "I can talk to animals... they talk back to me. I don't usually tell people because... well they think I'm crazy. My own family did..." She stopped herself. "But I guess it's nothing too weird, seeing you can do so much more. Pros and cons... it's what keeps me safe most of the time."

She reached into her pocket, fingering the diamond within. "Wonder how the others are..." She let out a small sigh before laying down on the couch, feeling rather drained now. "I'm... I'm gonna sleep. Thanks for bringing me here." It took only a few minutes before she fell asleep. She wasn't normally so rude but she figured today was alright, as an exception.

@AbstractDebauchery

3 Days Later
Meg was for the most part out and about as usual in the next three days to come. She wasn't the most distinguished and mannered of people, sure, but she liked to think she had a pretty nice heart. She had headed to the areas that seemed to have been affected by the monster attacks, where she helped those who were injured as well as helping with rebuilding houses and other necessary buildings. Of course, she took coin and food where it was given, but this was actually a purely altruistic on her part.

For the time being, she was sitting on an upturn barrel by a half fixed stall that sold pots, humming to herself as she munched on a hunk of bread that was given to her by the owner of said stall. Supposedly he'd gone off to have a drink or something, happy to be gone far away from a nagging wife and crying baby. Meg didn't think much of him, but hey, she wasn't hungry at least. She hoped Tai was doing alright today. Poor dear, frettin' over that stone...

Granted, Meg was rather curious about it as well, so she had been trying to find others who may have it. It was hard though, for obvious reasons. A homeless person walking around with a precious gem. Anyone would think she stole it. Recipe for disaster, if there was ever one.

Meanwhile...

Kela had stayed by Keelin's place. The half elf had no reason to return home, if that shack could even be called home, nor did she want to go back. There was nothing left for her there aside from clothes and other items like utensils. Well... there was her bow, but Kela figured she would just have to find another one.

It might be running away from her problems, but at the moment, she didn't care.

She didn't wish to be a nuisance, however. Kela was sure that Keelin would tell her that her stay was unwelcome with each day that came to pass, but so far she hadn't. It was a relief, but she knew it was temporary. Who wanted an extra mouth to feed in times like these? Especially someone who's family was known and murdered for being rebels against Roth? Of course, she had kept that little detail hidden away in her head.

Kela did try to make herself somewhat useful, however. While she made sure not to touch anything, she cleaned up what little she could, and the few times she ventured outside, she brought back some food to share. She even managed to convince spiders and other insects to keep out.​

Last edited:
She pushed her chair back before standing up, patting her belly. "Well, best be goin' now, eh? The owner here ain't gonna like us much when he gets his a** back in here. An' don' worry, I ain't stealin'..." She smirked a little before pulling out a few coins and leaving them on the table. "C'mon." Saying that, she started for the exit.
Tai nodded and followed her out, without another word.

~~~ Three Days Later ~~~

Tai had spent their time canvassing the city, watching while being as unobtrusive as possible, trying to locate others with the gems. She kept hers well hidden, and often stuck to the dark, secret ways around town. She had begun experimenting with the gem, noticing that it seemed to enhance her abilities. She was just starting to understand how the thing worked, and the more she worked with it, the more it seemed to be part of her. She didn't mind this. I mean, it was only a gem. What harm could it do?

[BCOLOR=transparent]Keelin watched as the bat flew in and landed upon her head. While the girl may have found her abilities strange, it was nothing of the sort as far as Keelin was concerned. Some people could do nothing, others could manage a spell or two, it didn't much matter to Keelin so long as they weren't trying to kill her. Besides, strange was a good thing in her book. Strange meant you weren't boring, and boredom was, as far as Keelin was concerned, the end of all things. As Kela laid down to rest, Keelin absorbed the spider of lightning she had made back into her person and stared at the wall. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After the attack, business was likely to be slow. She would also have to speak to Mr. Fortemps on the subject of her being unable to deliver the package she had been assigned to deliver. If she were lucky, the receiver of this package had died in the attack. If not, she was going to have to explain why she failed. Keelin didn't enjoy failing. With a sigh, she laid down upon her bed, closed her eyes, and slept.[/BCOLOR]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[BCOLOR=transparent]Starting the spectacled man in the eyes, Keelin frowned. She was most certain he was being disingenuous with every word he spoke. Every line spoke was a misdirection or an attempt to bring the conversation back on his terms. Most people found that those who happen to be quiet are easily manipulated. Keelin, however, was looking forward to proving him wrong. Yet, she would allow him to have his fun while he attempted to look down upon her. Not once did she break eye contact at the man began to grin.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Considering that you've failed, I needn't pay you the remainder that I owe you for this delivery. You had one job, it's done, you've failed. I expect the package back. Perhaps I can find another courier that can do this job for me," he smiled as he leaned back in his seat. Wiping at his brow, the man squinted behind his spectacles as if trying to get a closer look at her. Waving his hand, he attempted to get her to go. Mirroring his image, the woman smiled and leaned back in her own seat, "I'm afraid that's not the case, Mister Fortemps."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He flashed her a glance that was part confusion and part anger, but she held in her resolve before folding her arms across her chest. "If you take a look at the contract that I had you sign, you'll take note that in paragraph three, line four, I specifically make clear that failure is determined by failing to deliver a package to a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]living[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] recipient." As he began to look around in his desk drawer, Keelin took the moment to continue.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Lots of people died three days ago, Fortemps," she smiled. There was a bite to her tone that most people never got to hear from her. As far as she was concerned, she was particularly tickled that it was still there. "You've neither confirmed nor denied if your receiver was still alive. If you check the line after the one mentioned previously, you'll find that in the case of the receiver's death, you must make it known they've passed. If confirmation isn't given verbally, then it will be taken as a death, and therefore, not a failure; meaning you pay me in full."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And before you say anything else, I need you to keep in mind that before I came in here, I may have bribed a couple of soldiers to keep a close eye on your door. Should I not exit within the next," she looked at the man with the most pleasant smile she could manage. "Two minutes now… they'll come in here looking for me. Now, take the money from your drawer and place it in my hand so I can go. Now."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The once confident Mr. Fortemps glared at her before finally doing what it was she wished. Opening the drawer of his elegant mahogany desk, he withdrew a satchel of money and placed it down upon the desk. While not in her hand, Keelin was hardly one to push once she had one. Placing it in her coat pocket she turned to leave, but not before speaking, "the package remains with me, by the way. In case you get it in your head that I need to taught some sort of lesson, I'll have something to hold over you. Good day, Fortemps. I can't say I look forward to more business with you."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wasting little time, she left from his office and took a longer route home than necessary. Opening the door of the once proud bakery she let out a yawn before walking in the back, turning with her back facing her bed, and falling over upon it. Spotting Kela, she managed a smuggish grin based off of how her own day had been, "I do love it when a plan comes together. So, Kela, how have you been thus far. Also, while I don't mean to worry you, it may be wise to keep an eye out a bit at night for the next couple of nights. It's theoretically possible I have just made an enemy."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Greenie[/BCOLOR]

"Really a fine piece, yes." The woman took her jewler's glass from her eye, pulling herself away from the fire and over to sit on a stool opposite where Zora stood with crossed fingers grasping each other as she leaned on the small Kindred-sized counter. The woman pushed a few strands of her hair, which was a grey matching her skin, out of her face, and looked up at her customer with tired eyes.

"They all seem to contain a powerful magic; definitely relics of an enchantment of sorts. Would have been worth about... 730? But that was a couple weeks ago, and now, well, we have far more than we can sell." She gestured to her stock, which was filled with jewels similar to Zora's. The price cards next to them had multiple crossed out prices, ranging down from the thousands to what even the poorest might call affordable. It did not seem to be a good time to have speculated in jewels.

"I've got far enough such gems already; sorry, but you'll have to keep it." She handed the orchid gem across the counter, and Zora took it with a nod. "Nobody else is buying, either, so you may as well save yourself some trouble and not go around asking."

"But you can't decipher the magic that it contains?" Zora asked, quirking one eyebrow as she returned her gaze from the wares to the keeper.

"Who can? Enchanted stones have always been fickle things. Like I've told everyone else, just experiment. You're magically inclined, the stone is magically inclined... see what you can do. Don't fret too much, alright?" She smiled kindly, but in that tired way that showed how tired she was, not just of these questions, but also of the situation in which she found herself.

"Thank you for your time, anyway." Zora dug into her purse, grabbed out some coins, and placed them on the counter.

"Have a good day."

"Yes, you too."

She stepped into the dingy shadows between the rows of shops and houses, instinctively pulling her cloak tighter around her shoulders. This was not her part of town, and Zora hurried as she made her way toward richer quarters.

divider-aubergine-hi.png

Kyo watched in horror as the fighting went on. There was screaming and crackling and the snapping of teeth and the metal cling of sword against bone. Her body was jerked and it took extra effort to cling to the Beast's shoulder. She had her tail tightly tucked over her eyes, a little slit open so she could see what was going on. Kyo was terrified. Her body trembled with the force, and she feared that she would be knocked off and stepped on. She wasn't very big, the size of a small human child, covered in scales of course.
Kyo was nearly knocked off when the bigger Dragoon pulled the sword out after lodging it in the Monster's skull. It wasn't until then that she noticed he was really, really hurt. If her Mommy had been here she could have patched him up easily. She was good at those type of things. However, this was not the time to be thinking of something so sad. Once the Monster had fallen, the bigger Dragoon started to slump dangerously low. Kyo uncurled her tightly fitted body and hopped onto the ground, using her tail to keep her balance on the destroyed ground. She kept silent for the most part, taking ahold of Cojacks hand. His appendage dwarfed her own, but the warmth of his hand comforted her nonetheless. He had saved her life, after all.
Kyo listened to them talk, another man walking up and speaking to the Dragoon. Something about an Alpha. They started moving torward a hole in located in the building, and a sense of dread of creeping over her scales and the bits of skin on her body. Well.
If they were going to die here, best to have the bigger Dragoon know her name, atleast.
"I'm Kyo."

@Zarrock

Kenna continued to wipe down her glass behind the counter as Belyavor spoke to her. She noticed the way he was gripping his mug when he did so.

"None I cared for," she joked. Then she realized the harshness of her words. She must remember this man was in the battle. "I was just kidding. I don't think I lost anyone." Looking down at the bar in front of her, she began shining the finished wood in quiet regret.

The Inn was all but silent this morning. An occasional passerby came in to check out of their room, but the dining area was empty but for herself and Belyavor. Brynna skipped through gracefully on tiptoes, her long black hair tangling in the wind she created.

"Let me put your hair up for you," Kenna told her. "And tie your bag, you're going to be late." Standing behind her daughter, she swiftly braided the hair and wrapped it into a bun at the base of her neck. "Off to school now. Run along."

As Brynna skittered away, joining the group of children led by their teacher, Kenna turned back to her patron and sighed. Just in time, she thought to herself.

She leaned against the bar now with hands gripping the counter's edge behind her. It was clear before that Belyavor had been trying to start a conversation, and despite her less than appropriate response, she wanted to continue it. She did not want to be rude. Not only was this man a returning customer, but she also liked to consider him a friend. They may not know each other well, but their talks had been pleasant. In this day and age, it doesn't hurt to have more friends rather than fewer.

"I hope fate has been kind to you and your warriors recently."

Cojack was only momentarily taken aback by the talking snake sword. There were plenty of strange things that magic could do, and this was just another one of them. But, he did learn from the talking blade that the other dragoon's name was Victor. And a moment later, learned that the little girl he'd been with was named Kyo. "Cojack" the red beast said to his new dragoon companions. And the sword. Was he supposed to ask the sword's name too? Did the sword have a name? Were talking snake swords supposed to be named? He didn't know, and frankly, he didn't care. There were monsters to be chopped up and an alpha to be cut down. "To the alpha." Cojack said simply, before limping in the general direction of the massive creature. However, it was not long after that the dragoon learned the alpha had been defeated, and people had been evacuated. Everyone was safe for the moment. Cojack could rest. At least for a little while.

WHOA MAN, THREE DAY TIME SKIP, GONNA SKIP FORWARD THREE DAYS, GONNA FILL MOST OF THIS LINE WITH TEXT, YEAH CHAPTER TWO!

Only 3 days had passed since the fight, and Cojack already found himself hard at work again. There were houses to repair (more than one of them because of his own actions), shelters to put up for those left homeless, a wall to rebuild, dead to bury, monster carcasses to take care of (including a heap of decomposing alpha that no one wanted to smell), along with various community efforts to help those impacted most by the attack. The time to be a soldier had passed, now was the time to be a builder and repairer. Needless to say, there was plenty to keep busy with. He had already fixed the roof he had fallen through when he leapt from the window, and he found himself helping repair walls that he'd run through to lure the grade 5 to open ground. Just Cojack running through them wouldn't have been so bad, but the beast that stampeded through after him was what really left the houses in shambles. One particular family was still in their house when Cojack came running through, and saw his fight with the beast. When Cojack found them after the fighting and offered to help rebuild the house, he was delighted to find that the father of the family was a healer. He was able to help accelerate the healing and relieve a lot of the pain from the dragoon's chest and leg. However, the broken collarbone was beyond the man's knowledge, so the dragoon still had to deal with the pain there. Even with the pain in his collarbone, Cojack still helped the man repair his house, which was one of the more severely damaged buildings Cojack had crashed through.

After the fighting had finished, Cojack informed the other two dragoons he'd met of his plans to help with the effort to rebuild. Whether or not they wanted to help, and how much they wanted to help with was ultimately up to them, but Cojack hoped that they would assist as much as they could. He hoped to become friends with the two of them. (And maybe the sword. That one still kinda freaked him out though. Talking suit of armor? Sure, one of his childhood friends was an esper. Talking sword? No thank you.) He especially hoped to befriend the little one more, as she seemed like she needed some help from somewhere. Even if that somewhere was from a hulking red brute such as himself.

@Victor Markov
@Ayla

Kela had been in the middle of dusting off the couch she had taken residence of. Not that there was much to dust, she didn't make much of a mess, but it was something of a habit. Plus she wanted to keep busy and not just be a mooch. The urge to go outside was building in her once more but unfortunately she found herself scared. Memories and all her sentiments aside, she was worried. She had remembered something she had forgotten to mention to Keelin.

She looked up when the other woman entered, giving a small hello but keeping quiet for the most part. She seemed tired so Kela figured she'd fall off to sleep. However, when she started speaking, Kela paid attention. Plan?

"Oh I'm... fine I guess," she replied with a smile, noting the grin on Keelin's face. Well, someone seemed quite pleased with themselves. She raised an eyebrow before sitting down on the couch, looking to her curiously as she started finger combing her unruly hair. "Well Batsy can keep an eye out, as well as the other nocturnal critters... but what do you mean by enemy? Did someone see your diamond or something?"

She paused at a vicious knot in her hair, having to use both hands to open it. Hm... I need a comb. As she did, she continued looking toward her host. "Ahm... there was something I forgot to tell you the other day... sorry about that. When we were all at the church, apparently there was someone spying there... I'm not sure who or what he heard but... yeah. I remembered so thought I might as well tell you."

@AbstractDebauchery

"Hail and well met, Cojack and kyo. Wish we met under different circumstances, but the gods moved us to gather this day." Victor said "this is my partner, Sorin, an Esper with the ability to transform into several weapons." young dragoon said as they ran towards the monster only to find it already defeated.

Three days go by in the blink of an eye and victor is manning the family forge once again. This time, making tools and other materials essential for making buildings and furniture. Nails, hinges, springs, pins. Victor and Sorin both supported Cojack wanting to help in the restoration of the city and they were both helping the best way they knew how, working hot metal into useable shapes. They didn't charge anyone for this service. Wouldn't feel right and Victor's family would be turning in their graves if the white dragoon tried to turn a profit from someone's suffering. Sorin was in his hand and a half sword form across Victor's back with a single red eye close to the cross guard, the diamond embedded in the pommel of the sword.

((Caution, this post is crap.))

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, I'm afraid it was nothing that important," Keelin frowned. "All it happened to be was me getting the better of someone that's likely to take offense to it." Laying on her bed, she rummaged around in her pockets until she pulled out a small stick of beef jerky and began to chew upon it. Listening to Kela, she was somewhat relieved that she could depend on her and her pet bad to a certain extent. However, hearing that someone was watching the supposed meeting between others that happened to have a diamond was somewhat concerning. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Why[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she felt it was concerning was another matter entirely. People had been given diamonds and felt compelled by them to meet. Why, exactly, was this cause to follow them around and spy? She didn't know why, but she did know that when someone came spying, it likely wasn't to play nice. Looking to Kela, she scratched at her cheek, "Were any plans made to meet up again? It may be wise to change location if this is the case. If you're spied on again, one of you is either being followed. It would be admittedly interesting to figure out who this person is and why they're following."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Greenie [/BCOLOR]

Dust wafted through a shaft of morning sunlight, settling peacefully on Roth's harem as the women slept together in the well-cushioned room, though, as always, only one among them was awake. Leaning against the wall with yellowing bruises and bandages covering her body, Svana stuck out like a sore thumb in the room of lovely, soft women (save those who Roth had recently handled, who still wore purple bruises like battle scars). Her hand clutched the golden diamond that hung from her necklace with a strange transfixion as she stared into nothingness, an insane flood up courage building in her gut. Today was the day. Today was the day she would leave Roth's castle, and this time for longer than just a day trip.

After the battle of three days ago, the ram-horned woman had stumbled back into Roth's castle with blood and scrapes everywhere, looking crazed and starved of violence. Guards had sedated and dragged her to the medical ward, where she had received basic bandaging, and then back to the harem, where she had been propped up against a wall ever since. The lady had accepted a few sips of water, but would not touch food, or even acknowledge the other women- Svana was in a trance, haven tasted freedom and walked back into chains. How could food ever taste as sweet when she knew there was a sweeter fate for her so close, yet so far outside of her Lord Tyrant's stone walls?

The Tyrant himself had not called for her yet, leading Svana to believe that either he wouldn't, having deemed her too insignificant in his lengthy list of problems after the alpha attack, or that he was letting her recover enough to beat down on her later. The latter was more likely, which made her escape all the more urgent. If I stay, he's going to kill me. The thought itself was not revolutionary; the women of the harem did not often live past 30. What was revolutionary was the sudden realization that Svana did not want to die. Touching that steel, cutting into those beasts ... Meeting people who did not immediately resent her ... They were small reasons, silly reasons, but strung together they formed a strong call to live that was impossible to resist.

At the height of her feverish reverie, the mute stood and placed a hand on the wall behind her for support; the other hand was still tightly wrapped around the little golden diamond, which was now burning hot in her palm. Light as a feather, Svana slipped past her sleeping roommates and into the hallway, gliding down the passages with the hazy fluidity of smoke. Her movements contained an otherworldly grace, yet no one, not even the house guard, seemed to notice the ram-horned woman slipping by like water slipping through cracks in a boulder. Energy from the diamond coursed through her body and into her feet, guiding them along the sacred path to the door. Impossibly, she was almost there. Today she would be a free woman once again.

After the Grade 3 monster had been killed and Ashfa and Lensue escaped, well, the rest of the day had been pretty much a blur for the half kindred. She had her little place to stay in, a small shanty house squashed between two larger houses in the poorer part of the city. It wasn't much, but it was a roof over her head. She had invited Lensue to stay as well. She wasn't sure the young girl would accept; perhaps she had elsewhere to go? But she did, and so for the next three days at least, they had a safe place to stay.

As much as she didn't want to, Ash had to go out and work. She needed the money after all, and no matter the paranoia, food wasn't going to make itself appear on her old but clean table. It was a good thing that there was indeed a whole lot of work that she could take up to do along with the usual houses that she would visit. In fact, she figured that they could do without their help. Having been attacked firsthand by a monster, she wanted to be able to help others that may have been affected. Perhaps the attack of the monsters had been good for her self confidence? It seemed a little so.

She had finished helping a young boy with a sprained ankle. Nothing from the monster attack, but the poor fellow had been in pain, and Ashfa wasn't just going to let him hurt. Besides, she did like little children. They were easier to be around.

"There you are," she said, giving him a soft smile as she patted his head. "Be careful now, alright?" She stood up from where she had been kneeling, dusting at her skirt. She felt somewhat accomplished, though there was the lingering reminder that too much healing was not actually good for her. She pushed that thought away, however, as she reached into her pocked and felt the diamond. Well, time to find someone else to help. Onward she went.

@ anyone really

Kela tried to remember back to when all of them had met up at the church. She had not gone to the house like the rest had, she had simply returned home and from there, headed out on an almighty yet vain search for her mother. "I'm afraid I don't know," she replied, shaking her head. "They may have spoken after I had left them, I didn't even reach the house that they had all been going to. I did say I'd try to get in contact with them again but... well. You know what happened."

She chewed on her bottom lip for a moment, thinking about what Keelin said. Change locations? Fine and dandy, but where would they go? She had no place, aside from the small shack she lived in with her mother. This was practically luxurious compared to that, though she guessed the other female wasn't worried about that. Her bow and arrows were there too. No, I can't go there. Wouldn't make a difference anyway. If she went back, it would only be to collect her weapons.

"I don't think we have to worry about anyone following me," she finally said, looking up at Keelin. "My bat would have told me. But then again, maybe to me on the safe side, we should change locations- oh... well, me anyway. I mean, this is your place. If someone's following me... it's not fair to mess up your life because of it. You've been nice enough to let me stay here this long. I don't want to make things difficult for you."

@AbstractDebauchery

[fieldbox= Belyavor Orminai , turquoise]It was a rather odd joke to make given the circumstances, but it was still one that brought a smile to Belyavors face, even if shame then swiped it away from him in less than a second. The sad part was there were likely plenty of patrons she'd rather not have given the circumstances. While Belyavor doubted there'd be many guards in here, a drunk man who feels the pressure that comes with being under a boot might try to grasp what little power he can even if this power comes at the expense of another. Yes, a depressing truth it was for this city to see that power must come at the expense of others.

Although, did it truly need to be the case. The past few days have left Belyafor to ponder the implications of the wall breech and their successful defense of it without Roths power. Normally he'd be aiding in the cleanup and building repairs were indeed on high priority, however there was a particular shoulder injury he received in the fray of it all. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd taken it easy, but the desire to win drove him to stress his body and allowed the wound to tear open and bleed out. Infection was a rather serious risk, but if everything the physician had told him was true he'd be just fine within a matter of days. But, strange as it may be, it was this injury that made Belyavor truly wonder. While it was true Roth has never been seen to bleed, if this was the only injury they'd receive from an attack of that scale and still be able to eliminate the pack, perhaps Roths 'help' was not entirely necessary. It was clear the diamonds they all possessed had more to give them even still.

His thoughts distracted him from the sight of Kennas daughter, but as he cleared his head he was able to watch her exit through the door and head out with other kids her age. The city may still be in disarray but children still needed to learn. Soon after, Kenna engaged in more conversation, which did make Belyavor happy. It was the topic, however, that prevented him from smiling. "There were guards on top of the wall when it collapsed. Even before the alpha got into the city the death toll was already higher than any we've had in years." It was almost a tear rolling down his cheek, but instead the welling in his eyes burned away into a mixing whorl of emotions. "And where was our king for this!?" Burning with rage, the guard had realized passionate anger was being misdirected and he immediately loosened his tensed muscles.

"I've been thinking, Kenna..." Belyavor paused, taking another sip from his mug. "And they're thoughts I know you wouldn't like. I hope you won't make me say it." It's true, the two did know eachother, but their relationship was not a strong one. Even still, the bond between host and patron was usually one stronger than most could rationalize it being. They knew eachothers stories, the events that lead them to be where they are now, and Belyavor imagined that seeing another person attempt to take up arms against Roth would be an easy way to upset Kenna, having lost her husband to the same cause.[/fieldbox][fieldbox= Var Atr , Orange]The day was neither beautiful nor hideous, rather an average day. Had the sun been fully uncovered by the sky beneath it most men would probably be rather upset by it. The bodies of the people may have been entombed, but the more heavy and massive bodies of the monsters within the city had not and it was no easy task to move them.

The Alpha was a particularly daunting task, but the odor it was causing was beginning to become a rather common complaint from those mentally suited to complain about such a thing in a time such as this. They were not wrong, though, it was becoming rather unpleasant. Not that Var himself would know of smells, with no body to inhale the odors he was rather unaffected by terrible smells. As much of a blessing that was in these situations, it also meant he was best suited for the difficult task of moving the body. The idea of moving the corpse in one mass was laughable at best, the plan was to carve off large pieces and hull them away into the forests to the north to no doubt be devoured by other monsters. It was exclusively a team of Espers doing this task because the monsters attacked for sustenance and Espers had no meat to be devoured. Though the risk of attack was still real as most of the beasts outside will attack if they feel threatened in any way.

It was strange, using a cleaver rather than his spear, but a spear was useless for the task at hand. Hacking away at the alphas massive leg muscles, Var was able to see the injury that killed the beast. It was a strikingly impressive blow that he and Belyavor were able to leave on the abomination. Something he'd thought to be impossible even for the pair, but clearly impossible was a word that should not be used. It was rewarding to have a partner who had a will to live. Var may not have wanted to die, but Espers were notorious for their limitations being a hard line where Humans, Dragoons, Elves, and the Kindred all had moments of adrenaline and instinct that broke their limits, even if only temporary. Had Belyavor not been there for Var things would have ended very differently.[/fieldbox]
Lonn Taiocer

It always felt strange to Lonn when he walked the halls of Roths tower. As such, he was outside this time, but not only to get out. As the king had ordered, he told his captain about the possibility of another rebellion and got the response he expected. A loud grunt and a bloodlusted grin at the thought of having more innocent people to slaughter. As usual, the actual detective work was pawned off on Lonn, but this was to be expected. That was 3 days ago, now Lonn had a list. The Human guard that landed the killing blow was Belyavor Orminai, a man who was known for his hatred for Roth but never having acted against him. He was a suspect by association.

Var Atr is an old Esper, older than Rothendust itself. Var had seen what the world was like before Roth ruled over it with an iron boot. All records indicate that Var has served the Orminai Family since he was built and brought to life, but it is also known that Belyavor is the last Orminai of the generation. Var has also been spotted traveling without his companion and associating with other suspects and then rondevous with Belyavor, making both suspects.

Svana Izar. She was a member of Roths Harem and one that had previously left an injury on his back after another one of his so called meetings with her. She was a suspect, however her part in this was quickly written off as she returned to the tower only to be locked in the dungeon. If she is not guilty, it is too late for her.

Victor Dracul, a former convict already. Amazingly, he was spared death and was released from his captivity. Perhaps the tyrants way of leaving a message to the people; if you plot against him he will either kill you or take your life away. It was easy to believe that Victor would take up arms against Roth again after recovering from his capture, Dracul was a top suspect, damn near confirmed.

Those were the 4 largest suspects, but for now that was all he could confirm. While his list contained far more, he was not willing to condemn someone he had no proof of committing the crime, he was not like his superiors. For now, he'd have to head to the 5th suspect, though on his way he ran into an interesting individual. It was a Kindred girl who was healing a young boy. Real healing magic? Lonn could not pass up the opportunity to learn more.

"Excuse me, miss?" He spoke to her.

@Greenie

Captain Deuk Threis

A whole 3 days after the attack. Deuk was bored, and bored was bad. In an attempt to kill his boredom, Deuk had actually done some research of his own. With the possibility of another rebellious group Deuk thought it would be more fun to completely destroy them rather than simply kill them. In the battle reports there was listed a particular Dragoon, Cojack Ironhide. It was reported that his strength and prowess on the battlefield was unparalleled, a true paragon of battle. Something that Deuk loved in a soldier.

It was easy for Deuk to find Cojack since not only was the massive red dragoon not even trying to hide, but Deuk was able to get guards to do as he said, and why wouldn't they if they knew he'd literally get away with murder. At the moment, Cojack seemed to be working on some repairs like a true gentlemen, but Deuk really couldn't care any less. "Ironhide!" Shouted the half-drunk Dragoon Captain. "I have a proposition for you, it pays well and sure is a lot of fun! Stop working and chat with me, will ya?"

@Zarrock

Kenna listened gently as Belyavor recounted his tale of the battle against the beasts which sought to destroy the city. She did her best not to react as he described the wall collapsing, and all the people he lost. The familiar knot in her throat grew to the point where she was in pain, but she held back her tears, because today was not about her feelings. Today, she needed to remain composed so that Belyavor could be the one to lose control for a moment. He nearly shouted at her, out of anger at Roth, at his absence in the very fights he claimed to protect us all from. The supposed protection that so many had died for, as Roth killed them for pleasure or sport.

And as expected, a moment was all Belyavor took. Kenna watched as he pulled himself together, the muscles in his back relaxing and his shoulders rolling back. She wondered if it was better to let him handle his wounds himself. When he spoke again, Kenna could hear the tone of conspiracy in his voice. It reminded her so of her late husband. He did not want to say his thoughts aloud, but she was sure she knew what he was referring to. Another rebellion against Roth.

The thought made her nervous, and she stopped wiping her counter in order to look him directly in the eye. She hoped he could read what she meant to convey with her face. I lost my husband because of that tyrant. I don't want to lose you too. But I'm in.

She glanced a couple times in every direction, being sure that no one was around. Nevertheless, she thought it safe to be subtle in her response.

"If they are thoughts I would not like, then there is no need to tell me at this time." You don't need to say it, I understand you. "But, you should know that I am always on your side. And this Inn will always welcome you, and anyone else who seeks justice." This is what I can offer you. No more, no less.

The days went by quietly, of course, minus the screaming, crying, blood and overall panic of everyone, it was quiet enough for Lensue. She had stayed as Ashfa's place for the days after the Alpha went down, but she didn't stay for long each day. Everyday she went out almost at the brink of dawn and returned well past midnight under the pressure of sleep deprivation and starvation, sure it was dangerous, but after nearly taking down a grade 3 by herself Lensue grew a bit more confident in her abilities. Although there really in not much danger, most people were in trauma, and crumpling buildings were not a problem for her. The stench of dying monsters, and some people was unpleasant but bearable, the sky was not as gloomy as the people beneath and, and compared to the conditions a few days ago, it won't be a stretch to say that all was coming along well.

Although to Lensue, it was a few days of stress and panic, and it is caused by the same reason why she tried to avoid Ashfa, along with everyone else she met at that church a day before the attack. On her collar that was now a little dusty and stained in blood, there was only a rusty bronze pin, the blue gem that was usually there is no where to be seen. Her diamond was gone, tossed at the grade 3 that she fought in the chaos and bounced off to heavens knows where in a frenzy of people and monsters alike. Today she risen early once again, off to the impossible task to find a tiny stone in the mess of rubble.

The ground below her was littered with stones and other pieces of who knows what, the energy and adrenaline she had in the past few days had burned off quiet a bit by now, and her footsteps lost their usual lightness. The streets of remaining buildings parted into a clearing, there stood a small church, its stained glass windows shattered and littered across the ground. Lensue looked down at a piece, it reflected her white hair that is now more of a dusty grey. "Oh...brother, what should I do now......" She thought about a lot of people, her family, people she met when she was young, the people she met a few days ago...But coming to the realization that thinking about her now very dead siblings and people who likely doesn't care that much about her without a diamond isn't the most productive way to spend any day, especially a day like this, she scolded herself for being so miserable at a time like this, it didn't suit her. Drawing out her sword, she buried the blade into the piece of glass and shattered it. Sliding the blade back, she carried on her search without looking back.

Perhaps her patience did reward her, or it was only an illusion, but under a piece of stone at the next crossing, Lensue could see something shiny and blue, along with the odd tingling feeling of power coming from it. Her legs seemed to have moved on their own as she dashed towards the blue spark. Out of the corner of her eye she can see there was people around that corner, her legs wanted to keep on moving though. The second she came around the corner, her legs suddenly came back to her control, her heels dug into the ground, and she halted herself. Afterwards she quickly retreated back around the corner, pulling on her hood as she changed cape turned into the dusty grey color with black patterns similar to the wall's cracks. She recognized that person, the deputy captain of the dragoon guards. But the other person...was Ashfa.

"Excuse me, miss?"

Lensue didn't know that the guards wanted to do with Ashfa, but that tiny blue spark was still taunting her. Taking a deep breath, she walked out of the shadows and returned her cape to normal colors. She didn't know if her presence after such a long time of avoidance will be reassuring to Ashfa, but now she just needs to act natural and get that stone when that deputy captain is not watching.

@Greenie
@Squee

Last edited:
"Well that was good." It hadn't taken long for Meg to finish off the bread she had been given by the owner of the stall. She wasn't one to eat like a proper lady and take her time. Oh no. When food was there, it went straight in her mouth with a vengeance. Who had the time for niceties when there was a belly to be filled? Her humming, called incessant by some, came to a stop as she slid off the barrel and looked around hopefully. Did the man leave something to drink? She sure as heck hoped so, because that was some rough bread, and she was thirsty now.

"Huff," she commented, seeing nothing left for her to drink. Well, it wasn't like she expected it anyway, but it would have been nice. She crossed her arms over her chest, tapping her foot against the dusty ground, pausing only when a sharp rock decided to teach her a lesson. "Well s**t, thankie for that." She reached down and pulled at the rock, scowling at it. It lasted for only a moment, her features shifting into something of a smirk instead. "Eh, I'll keep ya, don' worry li'l rock." For a moment her eyes narrowed as she continued staring at it. It took just a few seconds as the rock seemed to look more rounded, the jagged edges softened, almost smoothed, in fact.

"In ya go." She blew dust off the little rock before slipping it into a pocket, where she had the rest of her ammo stored. That done, she stretched out a bit before looking back at the stall. Well, there was nothing left to do here without the owner. Time was money she could earn, and she wasn't about to waste it. Not feeling the least bit guilty, she started off. "Hm..." Her hand moved under her belt, clasping around the jasper brown diamond. It was reassuring, warm to the touch, though she wasn't sure whether it was due to being nestled against her, or perhaps in itself.

"Hmm..." she murmured again. She hadn't had a clue where to go, well, not until now. Her nose wrinkled a little, but she had made up her mind. Heck, she'd bet that no one would want to go that way anyways, because of the smell. If anyone was paying to help get rid of the monster, she'd hopefully get more than she would elsewhere. Right? She hoped so. However, that wasn't really the reason why she was going there. It was the first thought that came to her mind when she held the diamond, and even as she passed other places she could do something simpler, she felt compelled to continue onward.

This s**t better be worth it, she thought to herself when she finally reached the site. There were people here already, Espers. "Urghh..." Meg was used to smelly situations, but this took the cake. The stink was so much worse up close, though Meg remained where she was, ordering her feet not to backtrack. She couldn't see any others like her, so her reasoning had been sound enough. Swallowing, she dusted her hands before lacing her fingers and stretching out, popping her stiff finger joints.

"So, y'all be wantin' some help?" she called out, deciding she wasn't going to wait until someone noticed her. She started decisively toward one Esper in particular, once more feeling as if she was being compelled; she decided to tell herself it was only because he had an orangey glow.​

*****​

The 'excuse me' was polite, no doubt, but Ashfa still started, hand shooting out of her pocket as her head jerked up to look at the speaker. Yellow eyes widened. A dragoon? No, not a dragoon, silly. There was too much human there. He was tall compared to her short stature, but not as tall as the dragoons she had seen and been dwarfed by. She was also sure that she had seen this person before. Not on a talking capacity, she was much too timid for that. However, Ash tended to travel around the city quite a bit for work, so she saw many different people. As such, someone as important as the second in command to the dreaded Dragoon captain wasn't a person she'd forget.

She was about to reply when something caught her sight. Her eyes shifted from the man to the side. Wait, wasn't that... Lensue? The half kindred hadn't seen much of her in the last three days. Well, she had been working, of course, but even when she was home, the young girl was rarely in sight. She couldn't help but worry about her, though she told herself it was stupid. Lensue had lived by herself for a long time, and she was certainly more confident than the half kindred wallflower. So then, why was she here now? It hardly made any sense after three days of avoidance.

Her eyes shifted back to Lonn in a split second. She forced herself to look up at the half dragon, a feat that wasn't quite easy for her. He might not be the Captain, but it was still intimidating, especially for a little mouse like her who tended to get nervous as easily as most people smiled.

"Y-yes... sir?" she asked, trying to keep her soft voice steady. Her hands fidgeted, fingers holding onto the hem of her shirt, the fabric scrunching under her tight hold. "Is- uhm... how may I help you?"

@Squee
@Cresion Breezes

Status
Not open for further replies.