Status
Not open for further replies.
Lensue smiled as the kindred from last night stood up from behind a book shelf, and greeted her good morning, also adding in a small apology for last night. Lensue didn't mind the fact that she has fallen asleep yesterday, it wasn't like they knew each other that well anyways. Last night Lensue was a little too focused to noticed the kindred woman leaving, she assumed that the woman just left. Most people of the others had anyways. The young lady who was with the kindred in front of her, the human man who was with the Esper, the other woman who seems to be a pureblooded kindre, and maybe some others she didn't notice.

Some people seemed to have stayed in the house though, as dangerous as it may seem. Unlike Lensue, they probably fell asleep here. Lensue quickly sorted the diamond holders who gathered here, mentally tagging them as "the stayed group" and "the left group".

"Just fine." She replied while rubbing her eyes, trying to hide the fact that she was up all night.

Lensue then adjusted the diamond that was pinned to her collar, and ran her fingers though her messy pale white hair. She was never a morning person, as she preferred the candlelight in the midest of the night. Her parents and siblings always says that she has invisible kindred blood when she was young. It never bothered her, although it seems to be true.

"I'm Lensue, want to get some stuff for breakfast, you feel like coming?"

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai, turquoise]The previous night had kept him awake for a rather long time which definitely had effected his morning. He had woken up later than normal and still felt groggy. Crawling out of his bed, he glanced outside to see the sun was already up. Albeit it was still just hovering over the horizon, but regardless it still meant he was late for work. Wall Guard duty was not a task one would want to face punishment for having arrived late. To be honest his commanding officer was more frightening to Belyavor than even Roth. Although this was certainly true, the only thing that made it so was simply that he'd never had any person encounters with Roth as a member of the Wall Guard. The captain of the wall guard was a frightening woman, both in action and appearance. There was something about the look in her eyes that could send chills down the spine of the bravest of men.

Taking his mind off of what he might be faced with, the man rushed as fast as he could to throw on his guard uniform and arm himself just as he was the day prior. Dashing out the door as fast as he could, he used his wind magic to blow the door open which, while normally would be too loud and reckless, felt absolutely necessary to get out faster. His pace only sped up as he dashed through the roads, running by pedestrians and patrol guards. Thankfully he was in his uniform so the patrol did not stop him, probably assuming he was rushing to aid against the monsters outside. If they knew the truth they just might laugh at him.

Before he knew it he found himself at his section of the wall once more to find an irritated Kindred standing by, the same one as the night before, Velastus. "I'm sorry," Belyavor huffed between breaths, "I had lost sleep which made me wake late."

Velastus folded his arms in disappointment, the sun was hot on the Kindreds skin. "Don't think I will be leaving this out of my report," spoke the acquaintance.

"I'd expect so, I will keep myself responsible for my actions." After the previous guard had left, Belyavor looked out into the fields around the city. To the east was a forest, but being on the western wall Belyavor saw nothing but grass and beasts prancing along. The wall did a decent enough job keeping the small monsters away, Roth was not necessary unless something large had come. Roth... Belyavor hated him so much, enough that the thought of him caused Belyavors fist to clench tightly enough that the leather glove let out a squeak. Was everything that was discussed true? Could they really have the abilities to take down the mighty Tyrant Roth? Of course, that wasn't the question Belyavor had. The question was if they should. When faced with the facts it was true that Roth did a good job defending the city he had built.

Belyavor took one more glance at Roths tower in the distance and let out a deep sigh.[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Var Atr, orange]Var had been up before the sun, he had headed outside as soon as he finished the book that he'd read so many times before. He had no errands to do and had chose to spend his time wandering about the city. He was up and wandering around before most people, with of course some exceptions. The city had come alive as he watched it.

By chance a particular individual had caught Var's attention. She did not particularly stand out aside from the very unique horns, but under normal circumstances he still would not notice her. There was just something that he could feel that drew him closer to her. Var could see the impression of a jewel underneath her black dress that covered her neck, though he payed no mind to it. Approaching her, Var spoke in his usual gentle tone, "Excuse me miss." Reaching forward his glove with the shield attached as a form of greeting, though the spear still held might be seen as intimidating. "You look rather familiar, have we met?" Perhaps she would remember something he did not, they may have met and Var simply forgotten it.[/fieldbox]

Svana had nearly forgotten the simple joy of walking outside, without the ever-present weight of the Royal Guard bearing down on her nerves. The dusty streets of Rothendust were now full of life, with people of all species and sizes teeming about fruit stalls, smithies, stables, inns, training yards; the young woman inhaled the scents of baking bread and stale garbage, thinking she had never smelled anything so divine. Svana would have liked nothing more than to lose herself in the city, but there were three things tethering her to reality: one, the golden chains on her wrists and ankles. ...Two, the bruises and pains covering her body. And three, the small but bright golden diamond hanging close to her heart.

The human-dragoon hybrid was walking toward the steeple of a church when a very loosely-constructed Esper approached her with a polite but direct 'excuse me.' Startled, Svana stopped dead in her tracks. She flinched as the being extended a hand toward her, expecting a quick strike to her already-bruised face, but the assumed blow never came; as Svana soon realized, the Esper had extended his hand in greeting. Slowly the woman straightened herself, taking a moment to assess this new stranger with mistrustful, dark eyes. The Esper consisted of some thick leather straps, a helmet, and a shield/spear combination, all filled with a soft orange light. Most importantly, he (she instinctively marked him as a male due to his deep, masculine voice) did not bear the seal of the Royal Guard, or any guard, for that matter. Svana allowed herself to relax a little, but made no move to return the stranger's friendly gesture.

His question seemed genuine; all the same, Svana was perturbed by his sincerity. Was this a trick? Was Roth trying to punish her for the scratches, or for something else she may have done? The woman's eyes narrowed to slits as she thought it over. Strangers did not approach her with honest questions; they whispered things like 'one of Roth's whores' and 'Royal slut' behind her back, and regarded her with the utmost contempt. However, something in her stomach told Svana that the Esper meant no harm, and she allowed herself to believe it. All the same, it was with hesitance that she rolled down the sleeves of her dress to reveal the glittering golden chains beneath, marking her as a member of the Lord Tyrant's harem. When Roth descended into the city, he occasionally liked to bring along an excessive guard, or the women of his harem dressed in tantalizing clothing; even though the city needed no reminding, the Tyrant liked to display his wealth and power at every available opportunity. Perhaps it was during one of these frivolous displays that the Esper had seen her.

Svana stared at the softly glowing stranger for a moment longer, finding herself curiously drawn to him. A strange urging, much like the one from yesterday, led her to slowly pull the diamond pendant out from beneath her dress and display it before the Esper. It came to rest on the front of her gown, a golden star on a field of black.

It took a few moments before Kela stood up, wobbling slightly. She was tired, both mentally and physically, not having rested a wink during the night. She looked to the diamond in her hand and her mouth clenched, wanting to blame it... but not being able to. It wasn't anyone else but her own fault that she couldn't find her mother. She should have waited like a smart person rather than rushing off like an idiot without explaining a thing.

"Go home, Batsy," she muttered to the bat, stroking his little head with a finger. It wasn't time for him to be awake, and she didn't want to impose her bad luck on her little friend. The little critter nibbled on her finger for a moment before he swooped off of her head and headed off inside the church, deciding to rest in there for the time being.

Kela watched him leave before letting out a slight groan. She rubbed her face before setting off once more, stopping only when she saw a bucket of water sitting outside someone's door. She looked to and fro before stealing a handful and gulping it down. Seeing no one saw, she risked washing her face before hurrying down the path once more, pausing at the side streets to see if maybe her mother might have ended up there for some unfathomable reason. Aside from some bratty street urchins there really was no one else, however.

After a while, she paused once more, rubbing her forehead hard enough that it turned red. Maybe it was time she asked someone for help. Searching by herself wasn't yielding any results except in getting her tired and frustrated.
.....​

Ashfa was quite pleased, for herself and with herself when she received a reply. It was childish of her, but since she wasn't very good at communicating, even something as simple as that had her a little anxious. She was the type of person who thought ten times before knocking on a neighbour's door; half the times she would walk a few paces away before berating herself and returning to try once more.

"That's... that's good," she said with a soft smile, watching Lensue rub her eyes. It was kinda of cute, yet a little odd as well, seeing the girl had stayed up all night to read through the documents while the others had simply trotted off to sleep, like herself. She wasn't sure if that spoke of the child's eccentricity or the adults not being very dedicated to finding out the truth. The later was rather daunting but probably close to the truth.

"I'm... uhm, I'm not sure if you remember... but I'm Ashfa... or Ash..." She liked the latter better, even thought the diminutive form of her name had really been something of an insult toward her one day. She had decided she liked it, however. It was nice, short and easy to remember.

Her eyes moved over to look at the child's collar, seeing the diamond pinned there. She blinked a little before nodding to her question. "Yes... of course... I would be happy to come with you." She was just a little surprised to see the diamond there in plain sight. Ash had been so paranoid about it that she made sure she kept it hidden deep in her skirt's pocket.​

[fieldbox=Kyo Shinara, red, solid]

Kyo had finally managed to pull herself together. The sun was still filtering in the window, and her movement caused the dust motes to dance and stir. She stretched her muscles, her tail curling up into a little question mark in the process. Strapping all of her gear onto her body, she inhaled and opened the door. The sun was coming in more harshly in the hallway, due to the window at the end, and it made her squint. Her pale red scales glinted in the light, and the skin exposed on her bare stomach made her shiver. She always enjoyed basking in the heat, but she felt that if she laid down in the middle of the hallway, she would have earned herself some awkward and strange looks.

Rolling her shoulders and shrugging off the feeling, She made her way down the hall and turned the corner. She was messing with the holser on her whip when she hit something, that could have been nothing other than a wall... Except, it wasnt. It was the hulking Dragoon she had encountered earlier. She squeaked with fear and surprise and stumbled to hear feet, turning in circles trying to get her whip out. She only managed to drop it to the floor, and sighed with frustration. However, when she looked back up at him, he looked more lost than she was. His size did something to scare her, and she stood her distance in case he had any intention to hurt her.
"H-Hello."
@Zarrock[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Var Atr, orange]The stranger he approached remained silent, perhaps she was very shy, or perhaps mute? Either way, without speaking she was able to reveal her identity as a member of Roths harem, the golden shackles provided proof of that. It was quite the surprise to see one of his Harem out and about the city, perhaps he was feeling generous today, or possibly she was simply daring. The women that served Roth made Var feel very sympathetic as it must not have been pleasant, but the sad truth was that most people resented them as they were treated with more respect. Granted they were still beaten and abused, but Roth would kill civilians for looking at him funny.

Var's surprise had greatly spied once she pulled out a diamond attached to a necklace. She also had a diamond, yet was nowhere to be seen the night prior. Did she not acquire her diamond until after the night had passed, or did she not answer the call at all? Why she was revealing this to him was also very unclear, though the shrouded reason did not make him any less grateful for this revelation. Assuming the former, Var reached into his own pouch sewn onto his belt and pulled out the orange diamond that matched his fiery glow. His shield blocked her view at first, but he hastily twisted his gloves around, making the shield face the ground and his palm face the air. His own diamond was very similar to hers in color which Var thought to be a peculiar coincidence.

"Perhaps we were drawn to one another," Var questioned as he looked into her eyes. Having no eyes of his own it would be hard for her to know where exactly he was looking, this was likely the reason behind his tone being as calm as it was. "My name is Var Atr, perhaps I may accompany you to your destination." Following her might give Var a clue about who she really was and if she had anything to hide. It also would not be very hard for civilians to believe that an Esper would accompany a member of Roths Harem. As for the diamonds, nobody really knew the significance of them, not even those that owned them.[/fieldbox]
Lonn Taiocer

Last night was rather suspicious. The church had many strangers entering it, many people that seemed completely unrelated, yet the words of the church being renovated, fixed, and re-used were thrown about. His instincts were telling him that something was amiss, which was the entire reason Lonn had taken some time away from his brutal captain to examine town and city statements and filings. It was very strange that he found no information on this church, but there had to have been some formal paperwork done to allow for this ti happen. Roth demanded everything involving the structure of the city be filed, it was a way he could control even the religious. The idea that there might be a rebel group running amok irked Lonn, it may have been his job to quell the rebellious but it was a job he hated to do. If the world was not so frightening he may even join them.For now, Lonn would wait to see if anything suspicious would continue.

A few seconds passed as the stranger inspected her pendant, enough time for Svana to start regretting having pulled it out in the first place. The incessant urge to display it before the Esper had all but passed, leaving her standing dumbly in front of a stranger with her most valuable possession dangling by a thin chain. It was madness that had driven her out of the castle this morning, investigating potential magical effects of a diamond. The lady scoffed inwardly at herself, ashamed. Why she had thought it a good idea to entertain yesterday's delusions was an absolute mystery. The actual reality of the situation was this: the diamond was just a diamond, and she was just some tyrant's whore.

The ram-horned woman moved to tuck the necklace back into her dress, but froze as the Esper reached into his pocket for something. It was a knife, she knew; despite the stranger's mild manner, he intended to stab her, steal her pendant, and leave her to bleed in the streets. Svana would be lying if she claimed she had never secretly wished for death, and felt a sort of relief wash over her as she accepted the inevitable. However, when the Esper finally twisted his glove around, it wasn't iron or steel that glittered in his palm. It was a diamond.

Svana stared at it, utterly transfixed. The little gem was a warm orange, twin to the light glowing between the Esper's leather armor, and remarkably similar to the color of her own diamond. She shifted her gaze to the stranger's face as he spoke gentle words to her, and vaguely nodded in response; something within the woman insisted that she wanted Var Atr near her, at least for the moment. Perhaps he would know more about the diamond's summons from last night.

It only took a few seconds for Svana to pull a small pad of paper from her pocket and jot down in neat handwriting, 'My name is Svana Izar. Perhaps you have heard of my family? I am going to visit.' It was a hasty lie. The woman did not know where her family was, or if they were even alive, but she wanted Var's company for a while longer. Hoping that the Esper could read, she held the pad up for a few moments, and then scribbled something else at the bottom of the page. 'I apologize for the notes. I lost my voice in an accident when I was younger.' A curt explanation: she would spare him the details. The young woman held up the notepad once more, and began moving in the direction of the old family farm with a beckoning motion for the Esper to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
As she had spent most of the night walking around, Kela was beginning to feel low on energy, even dizzy. She paused next to a building, leaning against the stone walls as she let out a small breath. Her stomach was aching, protesting against her. "Urgh," she muttered as she rubbed her eyes. She could smell the scent of various breakfasts and it made her stomach rumble some more. Maybe she should return to her house? She didn't know! She wished she had someone here to tell her what to do.

She moved away from the building and started walking once more, stumbling over a rock. She caught her balance, hand grabbing on to a lamp post. Letting out a slight sigh, she wiped her hands a little before pushing her hair away from her face and starting forward once more. She didn't have time to think of food, no matter how angry her stomach was. She had half a mind to call out to a rat but stopped herself, not wanting people to think she was crazy.

After a moment, Kela reached into her pocket, holding her diamond. As upset as she was toward it, she could help but feel herself calm down some. It was so strange, the feeling it would build inside her. Always one of hope, something she found often lacking in most, including herself. "I can do it," she said, pep talking to herself before she strode forward. All she had to do was ask someone official looking. At least that way, she'll know someone was looking for her mother.

Kela soon found herself standing outside something of a distinguished building, perhaps someplace her father might have visited before he died. It was certainly nowhere she nor her mother would venture toward, mostly out of paranoia of being recognized as the family of a killed rebel. She felt she had no choice now, however. So, Kela started up the stairs carefully. She paused, seeing a dragoon up ahead. She was hesitant, but he didn't seem as scary as some of them did. She bit her lip for a good moment before giving her diamond a squeeze and heading closer.

"Uhm... excuse me?" The thought didn't even cross Kela's mind that this might be the person who had been trying to listen in while she and the others were in the church. "I'm in need of some help."
@Squee

Cojack leaned down and looked at the small girl in front of him. She seemed awfully jumpy, and very clumsy with her whip. He recognized that she was afraid of him, as many were, but that wouldn't stop him from doing his best to be kind to the small girl. Well, he wasn't really sure if she could be qualified as a small girl. Everyone looked small to Cojack. But, he was pretty sure that people would call this girl small. She was shorter than his sword, so that meant she was small to everyone, right? Plus, she was young, so she had to be small!

He knelt down and picked up her whip, holding the weapon for the girl in the palm of his massive, clawed hand. He did his best to not laugh at the little show the girl had just put on. Anyone watching would have found it rather amusing. She seemed to be very clumsy, and it seemed like she needed a bit of help learning how to use her weapon. Maybe he would introduce her to the weapons dealer he knew. The man had connections throughout the city, and was able to introduce Cojack to a trainer for his bow, and a few years later, a trainer for his dual swords. Perhaps the man would be able to find the girl someone who could help her with her whip. The weapon seemed very unique. The thorns made it very intimidating, but having a young girl blindly flailing a pointy string seemed a little more perilous to the girl than anyone she would be fighting.

After giving her weapon back, Cojack stood back up, nearly hitting his head on the ceiling. He gave the girl a small smile before remembering that he still needed to find a way out of the house. "Can you help me leave?" he asked her. It was likely a comical moment to anyone who may have been listening. The massive, muscular dragoon with four weapons on his person and a deep, booming voice was asking a young girl to help him exit a building.
@Ayla

[fieldbox="Fenrasa, #cc99ff, solid, 5, Verdana"]
Sitting cross-legged on her bed with her hand tucked under her chin, Fenrasa mauled over her mother's words in her head. Their walk had been a short one, as Elysar got right to the point: an arranged marriage with Heverkiir. After that, Elysar had left Fenrasa near the inn she worked and lived in, dutifully returning to the Clan's area of Rothendust. Fen had returned to the inn, finished the work she was supposed to do, and retreated to her room before the morning sun graced the sky.

Fen had considered marriage when she was a teenager, high on hormones and drunk on sappy romance stories, but she had reconciled herself to a lonely life after some time. Her Clan followed the old traditions like most of the other City Clans did, but she had never thought she would be considered for an arranged marriage. Thalani, her sister, was a far better choice, considering she could actually swing a sword and handle small talk without making it painfully awkward.

Opening the hand resting in her lap, she examined the diamond nestled in her palm for the umpteenth time. Marriage wasn't the only thing on her plate, either. She was now officially part of a plot to overthrow the King, as if that ever ended well. Within the walls, the King reigned supreme, and all others were but insects waiting to be squashed under his boot. In the end, she couldn't be truly implicated in the plot just yet, and no one would ever really believe she would be a part of such a plot. Fen couldn't even argue with her sister, much less kill anybody.

A knock on her door pulled her from her thoughts, and she rose to open it. Loria stood there with her arms crossed.

"I see you're still awake."

Fenrasa nodded once. Loria hummed in response and held out a roll of parchment, bound with a decorative ribbon. It looked important. "I need you to bring this to my husband. He should be on guard duty this morning."

Fen nodded again and took the roll from Loria. Satisfied, the innkeeper left without another word, her dress swaying behind her as she walked. Once she was gone, Fen changed into an outfit that afforded her more protection from the daytime sun and headed out of the inn. People were out and about getting their shopping and other errands done, meaning the streets were filled with a steady buzz. Fen walked with her head tilted down as much as she could, the bright sunlight like a needle in her eyes.

Honestly, she always forgot Loria was married, considering she had met the man only once when he stumbled into the inn completely wasted after a night of drinking with his friends. He had been quite the sight, asking Loria to marry him, to which she replied "Get your drunken ass to bed". Their marriage seemed to be a happy one from the stories Fen had heard.

Once she was on the wall, she realized she had no clue where to look for Loria's husband. The wall wrapped around the entire city, plus the sun would keep rising as the time ticked by, a painful reminder of her nocturnal heritage. Fenrasa swore quietly under her breath. She would most likely have to ask another guard and hope they knew who she was talking about. If she remembered correctly, his name was Wuthrit, or something that started with a W.

Swallowing her nerves as best she could, she approached the nearest guard. He seemed… oddly familiar, though she couldn't remember meeting him. It was like having a word at the tip of your tongue but not quite being able to say it. "Excuse me." She said, hoping her quiet voice wasn't snatched away by the breeze. It garnered his attention, and when he turned around, Fenrasa froze. It was one of the people from last night, one of the human's accompanied by an Esper.

"It's you." The words left her mouth before she could stop them, and she immediately regretted it. Attempting to recover herself, she said "I'm looking for Wuthrit," then paused before adding "Loria's husband." Fen held out the letter, as if in explanation.
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: girlabot
Lonn Taiocer

It was rather surprising to Lonn to have been approached by another, something that he was not accustomed to. The girl seemed harmless enough, for now he looked her in the eyes and responded with a simple, "Yes, how can I help you?" Although everything seemed to freeze for a moment as he heard a loud sound, one he'd heard before and one that could only ever bring bad news. From the South Western wall a loud horn blew, ringing its explosive sound over the entire city. This meant a pack of monsters had been seen, making Lonns true nature kick in. "Nevermind that, we need to get somewhere safe!" He was rather surprised that there was an attack at this time, hopefully it was something the wall guard could handle rather easily.
[fieldbox=Var Atr , orange]Var found it very curious as to why she took time to show him her diamond and then pull out a pad, she seemed to either e writing or drawing, he was never too good at reading hand motions. His partner in conversation did not take long for her to reveal herself as a mute, which was both surprising and not so surprising, it made sense but there weren't very many that couldn't speak here in Rothendust. A mute member of Roths harem, Var pondered the implications of their sick ruler having one such as her in his harem under his control, she had no way of voicing her emotions to him. Maybe she was what he wanted, which sickened the normally calm esper, his glow reflecting his pondering with a slight change in the brightness, lighting up the cracks the sunlight did not strike. "I see," he spoke once more, "I will attempt to keep this conversation in a path that may be the most convenient for you. As for your family, it is a name I have heard but I cannot claim to know any of your blood relations."

Var moved himself, repositioning to be standing at her side now rather than behind or in front of her, this way she could guide him but she would not be unable to see him. Seeing a member of Roths harem with an Esper might be a little suspicious, but it wasn't something he had thought would cause any problems. "I feel it would be a good idea for us to stay together for now, tell me, do you know much of these diamonds? A simple yes or no wi--" Var's words were cut short as he heard an all too familiar sound that had startled him. This morning would be the host of another monster attack, something that was now more than possible to handle, but Roth had gotten lazy over the years and left most of the citys protection to the wall guard, which meant Belyavor would be fighting once he arrived.

Var turned to face her, at times like this he wished he had a face to show his mood, instead a simple fizzling of his glow would have to suffice for now. "On second thought, mayhaps we find a safe place for now. If anything is to find its way beyond the walls I will be taking up arms to defend this city, I would hate to put you in harms way. I will accompany you." For now the two were safe, but he had no idea what type of monsters were headed this way. As of now he'd let her lead the way, he wanted her to find a space where she would be most comfortable staying should the city be put in danger.[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai , turquoise]Today had been silent on the Eastern wall, and if the swordsman were to be completely honest with himself, watching a figure approach him was certainly a positive thing to come of today, wall duty was typically very boring. From a distance it was very hard to tell who this person was as the individual was covered in clothing that made it hard to identify. Once he was able to get a closer look he could tell it was a feminine figure, but as she come even closer he began to recognizer her from the night before. The Kindred girl, she certainly stayed awake for a long time, much like he did the night prior. Oddly enough she was looking for a different member of the guard, Wuthrit.

It was unlike Belyavor to put on a smile when conversing and he hadn't planned on changing that today, but he did try to appear as friendly as he could without forcing a smile. "Wuthrit?" Belyavor asked himself out loud, the name was very familiar. When the name of his wife slipped from her mouth, Belyavor vaguely remembered hearing that name come from someone he'd seen before. "Yeah, I think he's on Southern duty." Without touching he examined the letter, it must have been important as seeing a Kindred out this to simply deliver a letter was not something regularly seen.

The attempt of a friendly look on Belyavors face seemed to vaporize as he heard the horn from the South West signaling the guard, which of course meant he had to move as well. Wuthrit was there, too. "You know what that means," he barked as he grabbed the handle of his sword and changed directions, now facing away from her. "If you don't have a safe place to go right away, come with me. You will be protected." While the statement was more of a formality, the man knew that as a Kindred it was very possible she was able to use enough magic to defend herself. "Wuthrit will be there, too, but if you're going to come with me I want you running ahead of me so I can see more around you, should you be in danger. Don't worry, I move quick."[/fieldbox]

Kela had half expected the half-dragoon to either ignore her or tell her to get lost, so she was pleasantly surprised when she received not only a reply, but a pleasant one at that. She let out a relieved sigh sigh before opening her mouth to continue. It remained open yet no words escaped her as she heard the sound of the loud horn. "That-" She stopped talking when the guard spoke once more. Somewhere safe? Of course... but what about her mother? She needed to find her! She gritted her teeth. What was she to do? She clenched her fists tightly before letting them go and nodding.

"Alright," she said. The worry was clear on her face, but unless she kept out of the sights of a monster or worse, monsters, she wouldn't be able to survive, leave alone finding her lost mother. "But after I really need some help, please!" Inside she was praying to any higher power to help her and her mother survive. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself is something happened just because she had run off at night without a further thought to her only living family member.
.....​

Ashfa had only just started walking toward the exit of the room when she heard the sound of the horn. Her yellow eyes widened as she recognized what that meant. Of all places to be, in a strange house in a strange part of the city with complete strangers! For a moment she was in completely panic, her heart beating way too fast. She lifted a hand and smacked her forehead, forcing herself to focus.

"Lensue," she started, sounding a little forceful compared to the demure way she had spoken earlier. "We... we must leave this place at once... it won't be safe." There were other places they could probably hide, but someplace like this she could only imagine may turn into rubble under which they might get caught. Perhaps she was wrong, but that was what was going through her mind, in any case. She was extremely paranoid and would rather be hiding in a hole than stay in here.​

At the sound of the horn, all of Cojack's senses went on high alert. He immediately took a mental note of the direction of the horn blast, knowing that he will be able to guide himself to that section of the wall. His sense of direction was excellent. But before he could get to the horn, he had to leave this house. He had no time to wait for the startled girl to help him, he needed to get out NOW. "Stay safe." he told the girl, before turning to the quickest exit he could see. The wall on the room he had slept in the night before was an exterior wall. Breaking through it would land him outside. Starting in the hallway, he got a running start, crossing the room before heaving the weight of his body into the wall. The wood cracked and splintered beneath his shoulder, leaving the wood mutilated beyond repair. He took a few steps back and ran at the wall again, smashing completely through it this time. His weight carried him through the gaping hole in the wall, shreds and splinters of wood flying around him.

In this moment, Cojack realized his mistake. His room was on the second floor. He flailed his arms a bit, trying to maintain his balance as he fell through the air. Luckily for Cojack, the neighbors had a house that had only one floor. Unluckily for the neighbors, Cojack was utterly massive, and their roof was not prepared for him. He crashed through the wood, landing in a heap on top of a good portion of the unfortunate roof. He stood up and brushed himself off, glad that his scales were basically a set of armor. His family wasn't called "Ironhide" for nothing! He spotted some arrows that fell from his quiver during the fall and quickly grabbed them from the floor, putting them back where they go. Upon putting his arrows back, he noticed the small family staring at the towering dragoon in terror. Cojack did his best at smiling at them and apologizing before running hurriedly out the door, unceremoniously bashing his forehead on the door frame on the way out. He'd pay the family back eventually, and he put them in the back of his mind for the moment. He had bigger problems to focus on.

Cojack's powerful legs propelled him through the streets, people parting before him to make a path. There was no way anyone was getting between him and where he was going. There was a dragoon armed to the teeth and sprinting towards the warning bell. It didn't take a detective to know what he was going to do, and that he would be determined to get there. There was one poor woman who didn't part with the crowd, and ended up getting plowed over by the red-scaled brute. He slowed down for a moment to shout a quick apology before hurrying on his way. He'd have to pay her back too. Again, he had bigger problems to focus on. There could be a loss of lives if he didn't get to the wall quickly. Deaths he could've prevented. That in mind, he gritted his teeth together and poured on the speed, his destination the only thought on his mind. Well, that and the thought of how many monsters there were, and what grade they might be.

He had defeated a grade 4 on his own in the past, but a grade 4 wouldn't be able to break through the wall on its own, and Cojack could only fight on this side of the wall, seeing as there wasn't a gate near that particular section of the wall. Even if there was, it would surely be sealed shut by now. So, Cojack would only be able to fight if they got through the wall, and if they got through the wall, that meant they were bigger than anything Cojack had tried to take down in the past. But, that was before he had the diamond. Yes, he had the diamond now. There was no doubt in his mind that the diamond made him stronger somehow, and he had definitive proof of it. Plus, he had a blast of fire he could flash at the enemy. Yes, he might be able to defeat something bigger now. Hopefully.

As she held up the note concerning her handicap, Svana was careful to watch the Esper's reaction; even after seven or eight years without a voice, she was somewhat self-conscious of her disability, and couldn't help but feel concerned with how others perceived her. To the woman's surprise, Var maintained his polite and friendly attitude, and even offered to try and accommodate her needs in conversation. In spite of the bruises and scratches that brought pain to even the smallest of facial expressions, Svana couldn't help but crack a smile. It had been months since she had been in honest, good company, even if that company was a sentient, orange-glowing suit of loose armor.

The woman instinctively began to walk in the direction of her old home, strangely tempted to take the mild-mannered Esper's arm as they strolled side-by-side down the cobblestones. Something about Var Atr took the ordinarily-mistrustful Svana off her guard, leaving her unnaturally charmed by the Esper's general manner and appearance. She made an effort to show that she was listening, acknowledging his words with a slight turn of the head. However, just as the Esper was bringing up the topic of interest, a loud, blaring horn rang through the bustling streets of the city and brought the pair to a dead halt. A great hush fell over the crowds as the remnants of the horn echoed down the alleyways, creating weaker fragments in every direction: it was the eerie warning of a monster attack.

Almost wordlessly the people disbursed, flooding back into their homes as quickly as they had flooded the streets, and Svana was left standing in a deserted square with no company but Var Atr and the occasional drifting piece of trash. Not for the first time that morning, she was starting to regret having left the castle... but, regardless of the circumstances, the Esper was right- their first priority was safety. Seeing as Roth's stronghold had likely been barred after the horn had sounded, and her old home was standing in ruins, Svana didn't see many options in terms of shelter. The human hybrid began to trot down the street, scanning the houses on either side for an open door or friendly face; instead, the snap of closing shutters followed the woman as she desperately searched for an oasis.

The battered brunette slowed to a halt, utterly dejected; her cause was hopeless. If only she had a suit of armor like Var Atr, or at least a sword with which to defend herself- the only mildly threatening object on her person was a pencil, and even that was dull. Svana willed herself to think harder, and as she anxiously fingered the point of her pencil, a solution presented itself.

With a 'follow me' motion directed toward the Esper, Svana took off running down the street, a fistful of dress in one hand to allow her long legs greater mobility. She turned a corner, and then another, hoping her fading memories of the city served correct. After a few minutes of winding through the streets of Rothendust, the woman skidded to a stop before the shelter of her choice, utterly delighted at what she saw: the open and fully-stocked smithy of local coward Igor Lagarkh, who had likely barred himself inside his house upon hearing the first horn blast. Without further hesitation the ram-horned woman jogged into the shop, picked up a slender sword, and turned toward Var Atr with a look of triumph in her dark eyes. This is where she would feel safest; not reliant upon the protection of Roth, or the city guard, or any other governing body, but provided with the opportunity to take up arms and defend herself.

Reactions: Greenie
Before Lensue even stepped on to the first board of the staircase, a loud blaring noise crashed though her eardrums. After using up half a second to make sure that she didn't go deaf, she immediately realized what the sound meant. Heck, every single person in Rothendust who was over the age of three years knew what the sound meant. Even infants can comprehend the concept of danger from a ear splitting noise like that. Monsters were attacking, and they're likely breaking the wall and guards defenses. They didn't signal the public too often, it was only when monsters attacked in organized packs.

The first thing Lensue did was turned back and looked at the woman who was with her for the last day, it was quite unfortunate that she didn't learn her name yet, but something like that could wait until whatever's happening is over. The black haired lady seemed in panic, Lensue knew that panicking was the worst thing that anyone could do in this situation. It seems that the lady knew that also, as she regained some of her logic after a small smack on her own forehead.

"Lensue, we... we must leave this place at once... it won't be safe."Her voice felt more powerful than before, although still a little on the shy side.

This is when another blaring noise pierced Lensue's eardrums. This time Lensue was pretty sure she didn't go deaf, but took a second to think about what the sound was. Instead of seeming like that it came from afar, the noise felt closer, and followed up by the strong quake. Something must have happened to the house, as Lensue came to the conclusion she was sure that whatever happened, they're better off not heading downstairs. What made that noise was unknown, since the monsters couldn't possibly get here so fast after the alarm. Even with that though in mind, Lensue decided to not take any chances.

She turned away from the staircase without hesitation, and ran pass Ashfa towards the room's walls. Quickly she threw open the curtains and the the window. The opening was quite narrow and cramped, Lensue drew the sword that was tucked in her azure hued coat. Wait, no I shouldn't do that. Breaking the window would result in shattered glass, if one of them would to be wounded by that, it'll be unnecessary damage before potential combat with monsters. Herself and her ally wasn't too large in size, so they'll fit fine if they squeeze a little. I guess squeezing though will be it then.

"Hey! Come on! You can jump right?" Lensue yelled at the lady who seem still a bit hesitate on what to do.

It seems like breakfast would have to wait.

[fieldbox="Fenrasa, #cc99ff, solid, 5, Verdana"]
Fenrasa opened her mouth to thank the guard before the horn cut through the air from the direction of another wall. She froze immediately, her jaw snapping shut as her eyes widened. Panic set in with amazing speed.

The guard's face also dropped upon hearing it, although instead of panicking as she did, he clearly knew how to handle the situation. His voice didn't waiver as he explained the best course of action, turning around in preparation to set off towards the horn as opposed to away from it.

Then again, the entire Wall Guard that was on duty would also be heading that direction, making it one of the safest places in the city at the moment. Sliding the letter quickly into a pocket of her robes, Fenrasa couldn't help the small sparks that began to dance on the skin of her hand. Her stomach twisted into knots and her heart had found its way into her throat by now, but she was reassured that if anything terrible happened, she had an escape route in the form of this strange diamond magic... hopefully.

Fenrasa let out a soft "Ok." in response to the guard, although he most likely didn't hear it. She set out in front of him, moving from a jog to a run quickly. Anxiety settled in her stomach and she had to clench her fists as lightning began to collect in the palm of her hand. She had no idea how to actually utilize the magic, much less fight with it, but she would have to figure it out quickly. A howl rang out through the air the closer they drew, sending a shiver through Fen's spine.
[/fieldbox]

Lonn Taiocer

The girl he was with did indeed seem worried, but such a reaction was natural when the horn was blown, it was a call for reinforcements and a warning to the city. By now the Town Patrol were rounding up people into shelters, and surely enough there was already the sound of trained voices guiding people. Lonn did not want to go with them, instead he looked at her with an honest face, he'd wear no smile to give her a false sense of security, instead a simple gaze to the eyes. "Stay safe and I will help you afterwards."

[fieldbox=Var Atr , orange]Var stood and watched as his company had frantically searched for someone who might be willing to open their home to her just to see her lack of voice hinder that process. The glow within Vars body got brighter but seemed to shrink as well, this was him feeling sympathetic. Being unable to talk must hinder ones life greatly. Having contemplated offering his body as he protection, he began to approach her as she stopped only to see her quickly jolt back up and gesture for Var to follow, which he did comply with. He wanted to stay near her to ask what she knew of the diamonds, if anything at all.

The woman had taken Var to a Smiths shop, someone who was not in the area at the moment, and witnessed her taking a blade into her own hands. She seemed very happy to have found a tool to defend herself with and this made Var feel far more at ease as well. Still, he couldn't help but notice she hadn't paid for it which made Var feel slightly responsible, he'd have to make sure she either paid for it or returned it to its rightful owner. For now, Var prepared his shield and spear, it was a deadly combo. He was an Esper with a shield and that shield of his was, while attached to his body, not attached to his soul, meaning it could be damaged and not effect his own body. Having a shield to hide behind proved invaluable in this dangers world.

Var moved forward and glanced at the South Western wall, clearly visible from where the pair was. Wall Guards ran along the tops gathering, some dropping down to the grounds beyond the city and others launching ranged attacks from atop the structure. This was not a rare sight, seeing packs of monsters show up and chase the smell of food, but somethings till felt very bad about this attack deep inside Vars mind. Maybe it was just paranoia, but Var still kept himself prepared for the worse. "Svana..." He spoke, his glow reflecting his concern for the moment as it dimmed noticeably, "It is more than we who carry diamonds, I will introduce you after this, I know you must be as curious as we are, but for now we must stay alive. I have a bad feeling."[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai , turquoise]Waiting on a response, Belyavor readied his sword, pulling it from its scabbard. If it wasn't for the material this weapon was made of it might be too heavy for him to wield as expertly as he does. He'd once tried using a hard-edged blade, but this soft edged blade was far easier to maintain and was plenty strong to take out his targets, especially if he chose the right ones. Belyavor was a very skilled soldier, likely because of his lineage of guards and protectors. Of course, everything Var had taught him came into play as well.

The Kindred with him let out a soft sound, but Belyavor could hardly make out what she said. He was able to infer it was some form of compliance as she went in front of him and began to run with him. He could make out from her movements that she was nervous, but that was natural. As the two came closer and closer to the wall where the horn originated he kept his eyes on her back and the area around her. He could see along the ground grade 1 and 2 monsters running in the opposite direction, this worried Belyavor. His worry soon became much stronger as he heard a loud howl echo through the sky. He recognized the sound, it was a pack that he'd seen before. It was both good and bad, this particular type of pack was high in numbers which made them tricky to fight, but most of their numbers were relatively weak, easy for him to speed through and cut down the small ones.

Once the south western wall was reached, Belyavors attention soon shifted from his companion to his targets. It was indeed the pack he thought it was, by now he could clearly see there were members of the wall guard already fighting. He took a quick glance of the battlefield trying to pinpoint the area he'd be needed most. He could see Captain Herleva already fighting, she would be fine as she was, she certainly was deserving of her role as captain. Many faces he could recognize were in the fray, but one in particular stood out now, it was a face he could recognize since it was already on his mind. Pointing with his sword, he glanced over at Fenrasa and spoke, "That's Wuthrit. He's a good man, I'll make sure he comes back to take that letter." Most people might take the letter themselves and deliver it, but Belyavor was a man who believed the mind to be the strongest of all things the people of this city could use. If Withrit knew he had something to return to he'd fight harder and make sure he lived.

Shortly after, the entire wall had shook and taken Belyavor off balance, though he managed to remain upright. Belyavor had been so busy glancing at the crowd he somehow missed the massive alpha that bolted towards the wall and smashed its body against it. The concrete holding the stone walls together was shaken, this was bad. Small pieces could be seen falling as cracks filled the wall. The Alpha was intending on breaking through the wall, which normally would be an easy stop with Captain Herleva, but there were quite a few attacking this time, she couldn't be counted on just yet as she was occupied elsewhere in the fight. Belyavor looked back at the city and glanced at Roths tower. The city was in danger, where was he? No doubt sitting on his throne drinking the cities supply of wine and enjoying his harem while his people are forced to defend themselves. Belyavor took his diamond form his pocket with his free hand and looked at it. He felt strong as long as he held this. His superstitious side made hi bring it up to his lips and touch them to the diamond before putting it back in his pocket.

"You're a kindred...if you have any magic that doesn't kill yourself, watch my back," He spoke to the kindred girl. She was no warrior, she hardly had the appearance of anyone who's done any real fighting, but he trusted that should he get in trouble she'd find the instinct to protect her fellow citizens. That's right, she was a civilian, he couldn't force her to fight. That was immoral and he knew it, but he didn't know what else to tell her to do. "That, or," Belyavor paused as he pondered where she might be able to go. "Help captain Herleva, she's the one wearing bones as armor. If you don't have magic you can use, that Alpha is trying to break down this wall. If it does, blow the horn again."

Belyavor jumped down from the wall into the swarm of enemies, using his wind magic to gust upward briefly, slowing down his descent to a much softer landing, though the hard ground still shocked the bones of his feet. Immediately he lunged forward with the help of his wind magic, his sword held forward as he closed the distance between him and Wuthrit. "Behind you!" He shouted at his comrade, alerting him. "Your wife has a letter for you, let's clean this up quickly!" Belyavor quickly readied his sword, the two were pretty well surrounded at this point, but with his sword in hand the wind wielding guard assaulted a Scalehound, using the edge of his sword to cut a gash across its neck. His first blood of many beasts today.[/fieldbox]

Kela looked to Lonn when he spoke and nodded, swallowing a little as her throat was dry. She couldn't help look worried, but for the moment she was feeling a little calmer. Maybe it was the diamond? Or perhaps it was simply common sense telling her that at this very moment the best thing to do was follow this dragoon rather than run around like a chicken with its head cut off, which she could bet there were a lot of people doing. No one liked monster attacks, rightfully so, and fear caused people to do stupid things.

She squeezed the diamond that was in her pocket as she followed after him, keeping closed as she didn't want to get lost or lose him. It was hard enough finding someone who looked worthy of asking for help. That was the way Kela deemed guards; if she hadn't been so desperate, she wouldn't have stopped for his help. She wanted to explain why she was so worried, but did not. At this moment, it wouldn't make a difference. Who knew how many people were separating from the ones they loved due to the attack? Her situation was one in so many.

"Where are we going?" she did ask as she caught her breath. It wouldn't mind knowing that. Hopefully he had a place in mind... which wouldn't prove to be dangerous later on. She didn't want to fall out of the frying pan and land smack in the fire.
Ashfa nearly lost her balance when she heard the next sounds, which was definitely much closer. She gulped; was a monster already here, attacking this house? How could it be? Were they that close to the wall? She certainly hadn't paid attention last night when they had been led this way. Either way, now was a good time to get out of here, otherwise she might end up dead. Funny, she had wanted to die so badly for years, only being too scared and cowardly to actually do anything about it. Yet ever since that diamond came to her possession, that feeling seemed to have quieted down.

Her thoughts were broken when she saw Lensue run past her. She followed after quickly, quite fast on her feet, pausing when she saw the younger girl throw open the curtain and the window. Her eyes widened slightly, seeing the sword. Well, she hadn't expected it to be there, but then again, it made a whole lot of sense once the information was processed. Almost everyone walked around with a weapon or two, it was just the way of life in Rothendust.

"Yes I can," Ashfa replied with a nod. "I will go first." She felt it was the better thing to do. She took a deep breath before squeezing through the narrow window and looking down. The ground wasn't very close, but Ash knew she had no choice. Besides, even if she did get hurt, she had ways to fix up. So, she jumped, almost stumbling through the air before she hit the ground, landing on her arm. She let out a hiss of pain before standing up as quickly as she could, which took a moment or two.

"It's a bit of a way down!" she called up to Lensue. "Be careful when you jump, but don't worry too much, I can help if you get hurt!"

Reactions: Cresion Breezes
Cojack came skidding to a halt by the wall just as the alpha smashed itself against the wall. The massive impact shook the ground, catching Cojack a bit off guard. He stared in terrified awe as stone bits of the wall crumbled down the sides. The beast in the other side of the wall must be massive. If it were to hit the wall just a few more times, then there would surely be a breach in the wall. The red scaled dragoon had no doubts that it was only a matter of time before the wall came tumbling down, and monsters began pouring through.

He decided it best to get to a more advantageous position for when combat broke out. The safest place to be was away from the monsters. However, Cojack needed to be here, fighting for his life and the lives of others. So, far away was out of the question. The next safest would be anywhere out of the monsters' reach. The massive dragoon could manage that. He had his bow with him, and could easily fire into the herd from a rooftop. Of course, this was assuming that the rooftop didn't break beneath him like the last rooftop had. Then again, he had jumped on that roof instead of just standing on it, like he would be with this one.

Deciding it best to do instead of think, Cojack began to pull his massive body up onto a nearby roof. The building creaked and groaned in complaint as his weight moved across the roof, but he ignored the cries of protest from the building. He had other things to focus on. There were lives to save. Coack would take on the entirety of the herd if he could. No others needed to be harmed in this battle. If he were confident that he could take them all, he would likely have found a way to become the sole member of the wall guard. Were he as powerful as the so called protector of the city, he would spend all his days walking the walls, ensuring that Rothendust was forever safe from monsters. However, he did not posses the might of Roth, even if Cojack possessed better than twice the determination.

Once settled on the roof, Cojack pulled his bow from his back, strung it, and grabbed a handful of five arrows. How to properly hold the arrows was one of the first lessons he was taught about the bow. When he was young, Cojacck assumed that the arrows were taken from the quiver one by one as they needed to be fired. However, this was far from the most effective way to carry arrows. His instructor told him to hold a handful of arrows in the hand that held the bow. This allowed for quick access to the next arrow, which was essential in combat. Quicker access to the arrow meant quicker draw time. Quicker draw time meant faster rate of fire. Faster rate of fire meant the archer would live longer.

Set and prepared for combat, Cojack gave a mighty bellow at the wall, calling out whatever monsters might be behind it. He would take them on. He would take them all on. He would crush them with his bare hands. And he would emerge victorious.

[fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai , turquoise]Maybe it was a stupid move but Belyavor found himself in the middle of the pack with just one partner, the rest of the guards standing at the gates. People were nervouse that the alpha of the pack might break through the wall, it was clearly cracking from the strain. Captain Herleva was a beast of a woman, she was hardly out of breath. That was the power of aura magic, her body could move for ages before she would grow tired. Soldier Stance, something Belyavor wished he had. For now, he needed to focus on protecting himself and the city. Gripping his sword with both hands, it was time to mix in some of his magic. Wind gusted through, it had seemed like a wall of air slamming into Belyavors back, launching him forward. Manipulating the air, he hurled himself straight through one scalehound and planted his sword directly into the spine of an ackachith. They both had soft flesh, but he found his sword inside the bones of this one, it was hard to remove and his back was vulnerable.

"Belyavor, G4 behind you!" Shouted the voice of another guide. He wasn't sure who said it, but without this warning things might have gotten a little bloody for the wind wielding warrior. He had no time to struggle pulling out his sword from the spine of this weak one, he had to save himself from being cleft in twain by the murderous horn on the Raipoluth. His solution; Jumping into the air and using wind magic to launch himself higher. The beast ran beneath him, but now came the flaw in his strategy, he was about to land right near the equally lethal tail From there, he had no choice but to hope he landed properly anywhere that might not end in his death. The winds would work in his favor as he managed to land on the back of this large beast. This, however, did not solve the problem of the deadly tail, on its back he may have been save from horns and claws, but the spike on its tail could still reach him.

His only hope was to swing his arm behind him and hope he would hit the tail out of the way. He felt his arm connect to the surface of the rough tail, but it wasn't enough, the spike grazed his upper back, cutting into his right shoulder, forcing a cry of pain from him. This would be a hard would to deal with as a right handed swordsman, he'd have to be careful now. This was enough to save his life, however, as a familiar face came and plunged an also familiar sword into the weak stomach of the beast. It was Velastus! A kindred, but a member of the wall guard. Rest from duty meant nothing if you died while sleeping.

The body of the grade 4 monster had fallen on its side, Belyavor leaped before it would land on his leg and trap him. Rolling slightly to catch his ground, he stood as quickly as he could and looked at his Kindred partner. "I found this, you'd better stop leaving your shit everywhere," stated the kindred guard as he held Belyavors sword by the blade, pointing the handle towards Belyavor.

Grasping the handle again, a smile came across Belyavors face. People had his back and it felt good. His diamond made him stronger, strong enough to repay his allies. "That's 1," Belyavor responded, his way of saying he owed a similar favor, he'd be sure that if Velastus needed a hand he'd be the one to give it. However, their touching reunion was quickly set into a much more grim mood. While in his tussle with the grade 4, the alpha had been hitting away at the Wall Guard Captain, Captain Herleva. He recognized the air she was giving off, she was using her Beast Stance in attempt to take the alphas blows rather than letting the wall collapse, however she would only take so much force. The alpha was getting angry at her, but it decided to ignore her and put one final pound into the wall, forcing the stone and concrete to collapse. At first, dust from the debris filled the air where it had fallen, but very shortly after much of the pack had begun to pour in through the opening. A second horn had blown off, the rarely heard alarm that the wall was breached.

Belyavor was speechless. This had never happened before, that wall was built strong. Monsters may have climbed the wall in the past, but breaking it down? Surely Roth would show up to protect his subjects, but there was still not a single movement from the tower where he stood.[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Var Atr , orange]Var and his new partner had found themselves in a very risky position, but they were both armed and ready should anything go wrong. There was a sound that would have sent chills down Vars spine if he only had one, it sounded like stone breaking loose. His suspicions were confirmed as the second alarm was sounded, the alarm that signaled the breach of the wall that protected the people. "Svana, it is going to be dangerous here, now. I shall stay at your side."

Var moved forward, his orange glow growing with intense fury, not bright but furious. He was ready for a fight, shield forward and spear at the ready.[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.