Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="S'Kar and Victoria, green"]S'Kar listened as the half elf spoke to his ridiculous childrens story, He may have bore the mark of a kindred, but he was still a half elf, the blood of the self proclaimed high and mighty race still flowed through his veins and S'Kar had no reason to believe being raised by kindred would change anything. "Come, Victoria," Skar said, "We're leaving." Before the elf had suggested for everyone to leave the church. "As for you, Heverkiir, don't call us again, we cannot be summoned like dogs." Victoria complied with S'Kar silently, she didn't have much to say that S'Kar wouldn't say himself. S'Kar did not like the idea of working with the others here, they were all of races he disliked with the exception of three of them, but that wasn't enough of a ratio for him to start to care. As long as he kept Victoria safe he was doing his duty.[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai, turquoise, solid]Although it defied all logic, Belyavor decided to follow this person, what he really wanted was sleep. His eyes felt heavy and he carried his legs as though they were iron, dragging them out of exhaustion. The stars shimmered brightly in the sky, the moon was only at half but still managed to light up the sky in a wonderful shade of dark blue. The sky truly was a beautiful sight to behold, but his gaze was cut short as they arrived at Hevekiirs home.

Listening intently, Heverkiir made Belyavors blood boil. The monsters hadn't been seen since Roth came to power? What a child! He wanted to unsheath his sword from the scabbard on his back and put it to his throat for saying such a thing, but instead he merely clenched his fist. "Don't be such a fool! You are a child to this world, you think those monsters have yet to be seen? It's because people like me, people like my father, keep them behind! My father gave his life protecting these people, don't you dare tell me he died to nothing! Lord Roth does help, but he doesn't help with the smaller attacks, it may only seem that there are no attacks but that is because the city has built defenses. I have had comrades die and their flesh devoured, Just because you are young and have not seen it does not mean it doesn't exist!" He hadn't even realized that as he was ranting his steps brought him closer to Heverkiir until the two were mere inches away, Belyavor breathing heavily with rage and his eyes filling with disgust. The walls kept the smaller enemies out, the guards kept the bigger enemies at bay, and Lord Tyrant Roth destroyed anything that got by, Belyavor had seen it all himself.

Stepping back, the idea of apologizing for his outburst came to his head, but he chose not to, this boy hadn't earned any apology, let alone any respect just yet. Instead, he simply took a deep breath and unclenched his fist. Turning his attention to the younger dragoon, a mere child, she had a point. "Little girl," Belyavor spoke, now much more calm, "It would be wise for you to stay with your parents. I will be heading home as well." If she had parents then they must have been truly worried about her right now, he knew his mother was probably worried sick about him. The idea of leaving came across his mind, so far he did not like the half elf.[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Var Atr, orange, solid]Var watched as Belyavors temper had been shown, almost like a Dragoon in fury. When Belyavor gets mad, stopping him is near impossible, so Var knew only to wait until Belyavor had calmed himself. In the heat of the moment, Belyavor had fought people over an argument, usually over insults. The fact that he hadn't assaulted anyone today made Var relieved. "Lord Orminai, your mother must be worried. Let us hear more before we return," Var spoke, with any luck calming Belyavors nerves. He was tired and angry, which would no doubt lead to poor decision making like it had in the past.

Vars glow dimmed as he relaxed, though when he relaxed it was more of a social obligation, he felt no fatigue just like other Espers. "Lord Seo, as of now I have no reason to trust the words you speak, but I will heed your story. Is there any more we must know before we leave? Lord Orminai does not wish to stay here and as he is my friend I shall follow him."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Kyo Shinara, red, solid]

Kyo turned on the man who had addressed her with such insolence. She growled grabbed her weapon, but the whip became tangled around her leg, making her snarl in frustration. Her slitted eyes narrowed, baring her fangs. There was no way she could tell them all her parents were dead, so instead she kept her mouth closed, holding onto her whip akwardly.

She growled once more and limped out of the room, bumping into the second, much larger Dragoon once again. This caused the whip to tighten around her opposite ankle, making her fall onto her side, wrapped up in her own weapon. She whimpered and tried to untangle herself. Sighing, she crossed her arms and looked up pleadingly torward the large Dragoon.

[/fieldbox]
@Zarrock

Cojack watched as the man appeared in the center of the room, his eyes transfixed on the appearance of the stranger. The illusion magic fooled Cojack especially well half because he was a dragoon, half because he was rather dumb, and half because illusion magic was shiny, shimmery, and pretty. Yes, three halves because it worked one and a half times better on him than it would on most of the other people that were there. He was still focused on the magic when the man began to talk, and tried to catch what he could. The man told a story of friendship, greed, and betrayal. Cojack bought every word. At the end of the tale, he felt proud to have been chosen to hold this diamond, chosen to seek vengeance for the man betrayed by their tyrant king.

Then the others spoke up, calling the man's story ridiculous and unbelievable. To Cojack, the proof of the tale was still resting in his palm, giving off a bright red shimmer. When the Esper gave his speech, Cojack knew immediately that he and the floating armor would not get along. He seemed to agree and disagree all at once and it made Cojack's head hurt. To Cojack, the solution was simple. Take the diamonds, march to the king's front door, break it down with a mighty roar, and lop the man's head off. It was a simple plan with many benefits. For example, he'd get to kick down a door! That would be satisfying! Simplicity was how this should go. Then the armor began complaining about the monsters. Cojack was about to say that he'd slaughter the beasts with his bare hands, but suddenly the man was weaving magic again. Supposedly, he put a spell on someone outside, and put robes over the group of them, ushering them to leave.

Cojack spent half the walk toying with the not a cloak, and the other half of the walk trying to keep himself from playfully kicking the tail of the smaller dragoon in front of him. It wasn't to be cruel in any way, it was just something he had done when walking behind a few of his other friends. He would give their tail a gentle kick, and the shift in weight would throw his friends off balance for just a moment. Bonus points if they fell down, even though they hardly ever fell. It was usually just a small stumble, then they'd get irritated for a moment, to the amusement of the other friends around. Sometimes it surprised Cojack how much their tails helped with balance.

Cojack was in thought of tails when they arrived at what was evidently the magic man's house. He stopped in his tracks and looked at the building they had stopped in front of. It was big, but he doubted any of it was suited to his size. Oh well, he could sit on the floor while talking if need be. While he was looking at the house, he felt a small something bump into his back. He turned around to see the small dragoon girl, who was looking rather irritated. Evidently, he had passed her at some point. "Watch where you're going!" she exclaimed with a small squeak before doing her best to look intimidating. Cojack did his best not to laugh at the small girl, even though she came across as cute instead of scary.

Once inside, Cojack found himself wandering around, looking for everyone else. He was glad that the bigger Esper decided not to follow them, for he was the only real threat that Cojack had worried about while he was concerned about a fight breaking out. At this point, he was certain that there would be no fight, and he acted accordingly. He decided that he would work to make these people his friends and allies. After all, they had the same diamonds as he did! He was walking to some voices he had heard in the library of the house when he felt something small bump into him again. Yet again, it was the small dragoon. She fell to the ground with her whip wrapped around her leg, and after a few moments, she looked up to Cojack, silently asking for help

He scooped up the small girl with one arm. She was short and thin, so her light weight was not surprising. With his other hand, he began to untangle the whip form her leg, trying his best to keep the spines away from her skin. He didn't care about injuring himself though. His scales were plenty thick enough to keep the thorns from poking at him. Once he was done untangling the girl from her weapon, he set her down on her feet and began to wind up the whip, smiling at the small girl as he did. Once he had the entirety of the whip winded into a circle, he gave the thorny weapon back to the small girl. "Careful with that." he said before stepping inside the library, immediately looking for somewhere to sit. It was late and he was tired. He found a spot on the floor and sat, keeping one eye on the young dragoon he had just assisted. She was certainly a cute kid, and she seemed to be in way over her head. She seemed to be trying too hard to be older than she was. She needed time to grow up still, time to be a kid.

Cojack shrugged his shoulders, adjusting the strap that held the quiver on his back. If she became closer to him, he'd gladly help her be a kid, but that was up to her, and he was unsure of how the girl who was just about the smallest there would take to the massive, intimidating mass of scale, teeth, and claw that Cojack was.

Lensue adjusted her body a bit, and peeked out of the stained glass window as the others seems to be still comprehending the situation. She can she the shape of a person heading towards the church. Was it another diamond holder, no, if the one who called them here had reviled himself, that must mean all who were suppose to come had came. It was unnatural for so many people to band together in a place like this, and who ever seen it must been curious.

The question was soon answered, as the half breed who summoned them told that it was a member of the dragoon guard. It was odd though, how he can just tell who was behind that wall. Although Lensue herself noticed an unusual sense behind the wall, there was no way anyone could have know that it was a member of the dragoon guards. The illusion that he claimed to have used wasn't given any explaination either. It was hard to disguise a group of people having such variation in race, background, and age as a common element. Lensue didn't know how many of the people in the church the guard had seen, if he had seen most of them, especially herself and the other young dragoon girl, things might get suspicious. The simplest thing she can think of is to disguise the group as some officials talking about plans for the district, but then it would make no sense if anyone seen children enter the building. If it was up to her, she'll probably disguise them as some sort of social event. It was not her place to judge what Heverkiir did though.

She looked up at Heverkiir. He was a skillful man, but there was something odd about him that Lensue couldn't make out. She didn't know if he could be trusted or not, especially when he wanted the group to follow. Two even left, it seem that those two likely didn't trust him. He gave no details in his words, which made him more suspicious. Lensue thought about the possibility that he laid a trap for the people who held diamonds. She watched from the same corner as many from the group followed him. After the last of them left, Lensue quickly hopped out of a damaged stained glass window and climbed up to the rooftop of the church. She could see a group of people who came out of the building, but they were not the same. It that the illusion that was mentioned earlier? Did she gone too far away from the group? She hopped though the rooftops following them, soon the illusion faded, likely a sign that danger was out of range. At this point Lensue dropped down behind the group, and caught up to them, trailing behind.

They soon arrived at the district of the Clan Ahvulon. She had wandered about in the place for few times, and knew a bit of the way around. They were lead to a two story house, it looked quiet fancy compared to the mostly abandoned areas that Lensue usually stays around. The group was led in, and was put in a library. A library, filled with unusual books and documents. It was something that Lensue had longed for, being able to unravel more about the past. Though she doubted their historical accuracy.

The young dragoon girl behind them spoke up, and doubted the safety of staying with strangers. It was common sense to not stay at the same house with countless other strangers, since God knows what would happen. The human man, Belyavor, told the small girl to head home. That would likely address to Lensue too, if the man knew of her existence in the group.

Though the interactions in the group didn't really interest her that much, what she was interested in was the rare books that the place held. Her small, seemingly useless magic allowed her to read and even modify documents by simply laying a hand on them. She didn't plan to do that though. She wanted to know if the man who led them here can be trusted.

"These documents......Would you mind if I take a look?"

Kyo blushed profusely when the large Dragoon picked her up like she weighed practically nothing. She pouted like a child for a split second before taking hold of her whip again. He was so large, but he seemed no more dangerous than she was. She knew it was a false accusation, but torwards her it seemed like he was relatively harmless to her. She bit her lip and followed him into the library, going her best to hide from him. Her tail kept sticking out, little known to her, but Kyo hid behind the shelves, darting back and forth. Her cloak repeatedly got caught on the furnishings, and she cursed silently each time.

With wide eyes, she studied the larger Dragoon, curious about him. She wanted to go up and talk, or play with him, but her fear kept her cautious. Since the death of her mother, she had been especially careful around strangers, but more than anything, she wanted to learn more about her own species.

@Zarrock

[/fieldbox]

Kela had been hoping for a reply to her answer but she supposed it could wait until they reached a safer place. She didn't want to go anywhere too far, especially this late at night when she'd simply run out on her mother without telling her anything. Goodness, I do hope she hasn't gone out searching for me... She was on tenterhooks; she didn't know whether to follow after this man who seems to think he knows what he was talking about, or do her filial duty instead.

Her curiosity won for the moment, even as she saw the other two leave. Perhaps it wouldn't take too long? She could return home at a somewhat appropriate time and hopefully her mother wouldn't be too upset and scold her too much. It was kind of silly, really; she was twenty-five years old. However, she didn't scorn her mother for this as she knew loss of her father and two brothers had been more than she could handle. Indeed, sometimes she did wonder if her mother was completely in her senses.

These thoughts occupied her mind as she walked a little behind the group to wherever the half elf was leading them. As she walked, there was a little chirping sound and something landed on her hair. She started for a moment before she realized who it was. Batsy the bat as she liked to call the little winged mammal. It was a childish name but she liked it nonetheless. The little creature chirped a few words to her that caused her to stop even as they reached the house.

"I apologize but I must go," she said, sounding regrettable but urgent as well. "Apparently my mother is out looking for me..." She sighed slightly and pushed a lock behind her ears. "I'll... well I do want to know more about this so if it's fine I will try to get in contacts tomorrow." The bat squeaked once more. "Alright... alright." Kela gave a nod before hurrying off.

Ashfa hadn't wanted to come, but now that she was here, she didn't want to leave. She could see well enough during the night, but knowing what she said about the dragoon guard, she didn't want to get caught. They were so... big and strong and dangerous! Even the little girl over here seemed stronger to her than she was, and as for the big dragoon; she was sure he could crush her as easily as bread.

She licked her dry lips nervously, clutching her diamond tightly against her chest as she watched the others. She didn't know what to believe or not, and the yelling as well as doubtful replies from the others were making her very confused. And once again, what was so good that she had been chosen for this task? She was rather ashamed as well, seeing how the children were so much more courageous at the moment than she was.

She sighed slightly before gathering her courage. "Uhm... I would like to... as well... see the documents." Maybe she could make a decision then. It wasn't as if there was much in her life to look forward to anyway, however.​

Heverkiir stood as he was bombarded by the miscellany of questions, especially with the human in front of his face arrogantly and blindly denying a half of many truths. He extended the hidden blade on his left side, retracting it afterwards as he steeled his nerves further to deal with the cartographer.

"You act as if I do not know this. I have fought along the wall and I have seen my allies and clansmen slain by the native monster species. Regardless, you have not seen sights that I have. I have been miles beyond the confines of Rothendust since I obtained the Black Diamond, cartographer. The monsters that assaulted Rothendust that, if my theory is accurate, are the nomadic lamia and their tamed chimera. I've only encountered them once, and when they saw my diamond their hostility was somewhat placated before they sprang their entire tribe in an attack on me. It is recorded in one of my many journals. Naturally I hide these for obvious reasons. The monsters native to the Rothendust are primarily imps and goblins. Weak individually, but they are strong en masse, save the occasional drider who emerges from the underground tunnels."

It was then that he walked over to a bookshelf, pulling out a fake collection of dictionaries that, in reality, was a small safe. He laid out his various journals and research documents regarding his findings. Looking to the two that asked he nodded, speaking again. "Yes, you may. I have nothing to hide. The maps and illustrations, however, are rather crude." Those who analyzed them would find nothing but truth, as evident in magic and in physicality.

"As for the prior offer, it is because I do not know if any of you have places to return home to. It is a common courtesy."

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai , turquoise]While others asked for evidence of his statements, Belyavor couldn't stomach the conversation at hand, it was ludicrous. Monsters living in tribes? They were nothing more than ravenous beasts. Granted some of the same species would travel in packs, but at the end of the day they were all beasts with little to no intelligence. If they knew what they were doing that would make them pure evil, but it was common knowledge these monsters were only attacking other living things so they could eat. It was all so simple, monstrous beasts that scourged the lands to eat, nobody resented them for being evil, they simply hated that their prey consisted of the people.

"Enough," Spoke Belyavor, "I will use the power given to me as a please, our common goal may be to remove Roth from his reign, but I'll not follow a boy such as yourself. I'm going home, my mother must be worried, the moon is near its peak tonight and she has not heard word of me." Without so much as a proper goodbye, Belyavor left the building in a huff, angry with the very idea that his father could die to such pups that Heverkiir claimed were all that remained. There were beasts large enough to climb and even break the walls, it was because of the guard he was able to make such accusations. It was an ironic distaste leaving a bitter flavor in his mouth that he had indirectly protected him.

Glancing at the road, he had forgotten where he was. It would be midnight before he got home, he was usually back by the end of twilight.[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=Var Atr , Orange]Seeing Belyavor so upset had worried Var, his father was also Vars pupil and he understood why Belyavor took this all so hard. It was a natural response, and Var did ever so slightly agree with Belyavor. Roth was a brute with an iron grip on the city, it was not so complicated. Even if he bore a diamond like the others, one Var had never seen before even upon meeting him, no man can reason with beasts.

"Apologies Lords and Ladies," Var spoke for Belyavor, "I will company Lord Orminai to his home as I also have chosen that place as my area of rest." Bowing his helmet he left much more peacefully and silently. Catching up to Belyavor, Var spoke to him. "Sir!"

"Var? I thought you might have stayed." Belyavor slowed his walk to allow Var to catch up.

Now walking beside his companion, Var spoke, "In light of this information, tell me your thoughts."

"You know as well as I do," Answered the swordsman, "I would love nothing more than to tear down Roths rule and protect this city with my own powers. Now I see there are others like us carrying these diamonds and I can't help but feel like we weren't even chosen. You saw the group, it looks less like we were carefully selected and more like we were the only ones who said yes. That figure we both saw has been reported to be seen by people that do not carry a diamond, people that have admitted to seeing it and rejecting the jewel. Then a mere boy steps in and plays some kind of fate card, yet none of us were more special than the one at our sides."

"Yes, I understand." Responded the orange glowing Esper, still clasping his spear in one hand and his diamond in the other. "What if he is wrong?"

Taking a deep sigh, Belyavor took a moment to think about that question. It was unexpected, Var was the only being Belyavor had met that could make him think to such a depth. "I would hate to admit it but that makes it worse. We would have no answers about our diamonds and what they mean, no theories about Roths power, and no direction to follow. I want him to be wrong but I'm afraid of what that might mean for the truth. If Roth does not have a diamond then his power is truly frightening. The first person strong enough to build and protect a city on his own...The man only keeps us guards around as a convenience."

Var did not have much to say about his answer, causing a moment of silence before Var broke said silence, "I did not say it to him, for I am not so bold as you, but I believe Lord Roth to be mere man. He must have his secrets and his power must come from somewhere, but all of our diamonds were presented to us. Should this special magic stone have been divided, why in so many pieces? I believe the philosophers stone to be mere legend, nothing that truly exists. It is true I feel power in mine, but I will not jump to such a conclusion."

"Fair enough," Belyavor glanced at the moon in the sky. It was very late, his eyes were heavy and he wanted nothing more than to lay down on a soft bed and rest. Guard duty began again tomorrow, tonight had not been his friend. Tomorrows work would have him up before sunrise and that left him too little time to sleep. "Perhaps the diamonds are not so extraordinary at all, like my sword, objects can be infused with magic. Being an Esper, you know that better than anyone." The statement was a backhanded friendly jab at his old tutor, but the Esper that was indeed older than the city itself had no response to this. The same orange glow flowed from the armor unchanged. Maybe if he had a face it might change ever so slightly, but with just a glow in a helmet there was no way to get a read on him. The two would arrive home soon enough, both the church and the home of that Kindred Clan were quite far from Belyavors home.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Fenrasa, #cc99ff, solid, 5, Verdana"]Listening to the arguing between the older human and Heverkiir made Fen nervous. She wondered if they may come to blows, a way people commonly solved arguments outside the inn and in other sections of the city. If so, she would not wait around to see who would win.

This did not come to pass, however. The human left with a huff, his face reddened with rage. His Esper friend left shortly after, though in a slightly more peaceful and dignified manner. What an interesting duo.

Fen mulled over what the human said. All this inter-group conflict would prove a problem if they were going to take down a well-organized, incredibly strong elf like Roth. Doubt weighed heavy on her mind as she peeled away from her darkened corner. There was nothing more to do tonight, at any rate. While a part of her wanted to stick around and see just what this library had to offer, she knew she was running short on time before she had to return to the inn. The innkeeper was lenient with her, but she had no interest in being on the wrong side of Loria’s wrath.

“Thank you for your hospitality.” Fen said as she gave a slight bow to Heverkiir before vacating the room swiftly. The way to the front door was easy to remember, and Fen pulled the door open before freezing at the two Kindred’s standing outside.

“Fenrasa?” Elysar Kroang looked surprised, although her expression changed very little except for a raised eyebrow. It was only through years of living with the woman that Fen was able to read her at all.

“Mother.” Fen said, looking between her and the other Kindred woman. Oh god, her mother didn’t have a diamond, did she?

“Why are you here?” Her mother asked, “We just saw an Esper and a human leave, and he did not look pleased.”

A small wave of relief washed over Fen. No diamond. Good. “There was a meeting.”

“And?”

“An argument.”

Elysar narrowed her eyes ever so slightly, but dropped the subject. “Well, it’s an incredible coincidence that you’re here. I have something to discuss with you.” Elysar met the other Kindred woman’s gaze and they nodded to each other. Fen felt vaguely like a mouse caught in a trap. “Fen, this is Monah Seo. Monah, this is my daughter, Fenrasa.”

Fen offered her a nod. “A pleasure, Monah.”

“The same to you, Fenrasa. Is Heverkiir here?”

“In the library.”

Monah nodded and disappeared behind Fen into the hallway, presumably to speak with her son. Fen kept her attention on Elysar.

Elysar turned around and looked up at the moon before she spoke. “It’s a beautiful night, Fen. Let’s take a walk.”

There was no escape from her mother, short of breaking into a sprint in the opposite direction. Even then, Elysar could probably still catch her and force her to listen to whatever she had to say. Her mother's will was incredible, reaching far beyond the borders of her 4’ 9” frame. Fen had long resigned herself to folding to whatever she wanted, and tonight would be no different.

“Lead on.” She said with no small amount of foreboding. They fell into step together easily, the night air a welcome change from rotting church wood and the smell of old books.[/fieldbox]

Cojack sat back down as the human and Esper left. He had been sure that the disagreement between the man and the illusion mage would turn into a brawl, and he had made himself ready to dive into the fray and stop them before things got too serious. Once seated again, he leaned his head against the wall and watched the smaller dragoon girl from the corner of his eye. She truly was just a child. He watched her as she darted from shadow to shadow, trying her best at hiding from his sight. Well, he asumed it was her best. Either way, she had a thing or two she needed to learn. Of course, Cojak wasn't exactly a master of stealth himself. His size greatly limited his hiding places. There isn't many places a massive brute can hide. Especially if he's covered in bright red scales.

Cojack leaned his head against the wall, taking his attention off of the small one for a bit and thinking about the day he was going to have tomorrow. Oh boy, would it be a day. Assuming that the people he met today didn't interfere with it, that is. He didn't need them trying to mess up his day. He was going to have a day off. Well, a day off from work on the farm. Most dragoons never seemed to truly take a day off. They had too much energy they needed to let out, and if energy needed to be spent, why not spend it constructively? If a dragoon had a day off from work, they would likely find some sort of odd job to keep them busy for the day. All dragoons were always busy. Home was only a place to rest, then they were bursting with energy again to go out into the world and accomplish things. Thus the dragoon slums. Home to a dragon was of little relevance. Work was much more important. Of course, sleep was always required, and that was precisely what Cojack needed now.

Cojack woke up with a bit of a start, not realizing that he had dozed off leaning against the wall. However, appeared that he had only dozed off for a few minutes. He quickly spotted the young dragoon trying to hide from him in the shadows of the room and behind the various bits of furniture. He shot her a small smile and proceeded to pick himself up off the floor, managing to hit his head on the nearby table as he did. He left a sizable mark on the table, but decided to ignore it and hope that no one noticed.

Finishing standing up, he stretched a bit before picking his sword up off the ground and sliding it back onto his back. Sometimes, the length of the sword was irritating. It was simply impossible to sit down with something that long across his back, and he had to remove both the blade and the scabbard from his back before he could sit down. He still loved the sword though. It was as big as, strong as, and as dumb as he was. They were the perfect match. Plus, not many others could manage to wield the hefty blade.

He crossed the room to the man who had the sparkly illusiony magic, asking him "Where can I sleep?" and hoping that the man could supply a bed that was his size. He really needed sleep.

Lensue watched as the man pulled out a set of books, then revealing the fact that it was a camouflaged box. He layer the contents of the box out, and offered to let them see. She glanced over at the other who also asked to check the documents. It was a young lady with black hair, despite the fact that she was nearly the same height as Lensue it was very obvious that she was much older judging by her appearance and clothing. Besides, Lensue had always been pretty tall for her age, some of her elf blood likely effected that. Lensue noticed that the lady has pale yellow eyes. She might be a kindred, or partially one. The other girl with her left quite early though, and she didn't follow. Maybe it was a false assumption to say that they knew each other.

Though what interested her more was what the man had said. He told them that those documents held nothing but the truth. That sounded pretty unrealistic to Lensue, she studied documentary for a while in her early childhood with a traveling bard, and one thing she would always remember being told was that you should never simply pass any document as nothing but truth, no matter how much you've studied it. She agreed with this, documentations are fascinating, because you can realize something new about them everytime you check. Lensue doubted that the papers were "nothing but the truth", but it would be valuable information.

Soon the room began to become less crowded. The human man left, it seems that he dislikes the halfbreed who brought them here with a burning passion. His esper friend followed him, the two seemed to be sharing thought on the situation. The other kindred woman left too, after excusing herself politely. Though the tiny dragoon girl and the large dragoon stayed, asking for a place to stay.

Lensue shifted a bit towards the lady who also asked to check the documents, she wanted to know what she thinks about the man who brough them here. Personally Lensue felt that he was quite confidant, maybe even a little too confidant about his research.

"Hello......do you think what we've been told is the truth?"

Lensue paused a second, that felt a bit blunt. She was never good with words.

"No, I'm not saying that he's tricking us, I'm just concerned about if his research is actrally correct or not."

She lowered her voice, hoping to keep the conversation private. If this person here also asked to see the documents, she likely has her own reasons. Lensue never met too many people who were interested in the truth behind the city's history, if this person is also interested, she might be an ally that shouldn't be missed.

Ashfa was a little surprised she had been talked to. She looked to the girl and gave her a hint of a smile before looking to the documents once more. She didn't know what to believe and what not to. It still amazed her that she was even here. Amazed or scared, but for the moment those two emotions were crossing paths for her. She bit her lip for a second and was about to reply when the girl spoke once more.

"I... I understand what you mean," she said, her voice rather soft, almost like a whisper. Being a shy creature, it was no effort for her to keep her voice lowered, rather it was habitual. She even lowered her head slightly, a stray bang falling in her face before she pushed it behind her ear. "I... really do not know who to believe, who not to... all I know is that the diamond... it has some power. When..."

She swallowed, not used to talking so much. "When I took it... I felt something... a drive I guess? It was something that I hadn't felt... for a very long time... and today, I felt it even more..." Even if she had been rather cowardly. "I want to know why... that's all really." She wanted a purpose in her life, and maybe the diamond, these documents, someone or something connected, could provide her with that.

"I don't know however... how we could defeat Roth," she added. "Or... if we should..."

Kyo ducked clumsily behind a bookshelf when the large brute of a Dragoon walked passed her, holding her breath until she was positive that he couldnt hear her. She wasnt sure if he knew she was there, but Kyo had not a single idea if he was dangerous or not. Her hood was still drawn over her head, and she looked at him passed the lip of the cover. He had walked from his original spot and torward the man who had drawn them all there, requesting a place to sleep.

Kyo had no sleeping arrangments, having no time to make any, and had no choice but to take the man up on his offer of temporary residence. She didnt, however, ask for a room. She went up a set of stairs and into a hallway with an arrangment of doors, and opened the one on the very end. It was particularly bland, with a simple bed and a desk, a window overlooking the rustic and foriegn town. The little Dragoon orphan had no business in this town except for food resource, and now she had found herself mixed up in something she still had not the slighest clue of. In truth, she was terrified. Kyo tried her absolute hardest to pull of the toughest shell she could muster, but at the end of the day, she was still the little child without a clue on how to survive the big bad world. Her family was gone, and she was forced to survive on what little information her mother had taugher her.

Kyo set her whip and hood down on the desk, sitting herself on the bed and drawing her knees to her chest, resting her chin atop her legs. She wondered what her mother would say if she were here, staying at some strangers house with a bunch of other strangers. Her mother would probably scold her and tell her to get out, but she wasnt here, and never would be. The day was dark now, and she looked out the small window and out into the vastness of the sky. The stars were bright, and Kyo imagined that her mother was the brightest star, trying to guide her on the right path. However, it felt as if she were pointed to a multitude of directions, and Kyo was in the middle of those paths, unsure of where to go and what to do next.

[/fieldbox]

Heverkiir directed Cojack to the room with the largest bed, save his own. He instructed the individuals who were looking over his personal notes to store them when they had finished reading them, leaving for the parlor to hear from his mother afterwards.

[I'm sorry this is so ridiculously short. I've been in a slump for a while now and am struggling to churn out anything.]

[fieldbox=Belyavor Orminai, turquoise]Walking with his old tutor had been rather silent this time as all that Belyavor sought to speak of had already been said. Thankfully since Var was an Esper the silence was not awkward, it was rather normal as the Espers were not easily bored due to their nature. The two were accompanied by the cold night breeze that blew beneath the moonlight. Even the Dragoons and retired to their beds, now. It was quite the walk to his home which gave Belyavor time to reflect on the events that had passed. As he approached his door, the towering structure that was Roths home loomed over the city reminding Belyavor just how much he hated being placed underneath the boot of another.

His home was old and worn out, his family lived in the same house since Rothendust was just another settlement, Var was with the family even then as well and had earned his own study. A room that was home to many books of all variety and genre, that was how Var spent his time rather than sleeping. The first room seen when the door opened had a worn out floor, scuffed by the dragging of boots and weapons. The furnishing was very humble, they neither lived well nor did they live worse than their neighbors. Unlit candles lining the walls ensured the only light entering the house was the light of the moon. It was sufficient to see everything in the area, but with the candles being out Belyavor knew by now his elderly mother that lived in the house as well had been fast asleep, making Belyavor move as silently as he could as to not wake her.

His own room, decorated with only a bed and rug was his destination. Sitting on the bed he kicked off his boots first, letting out a sigh of relief as the cold air rushed over his feet. He had removed most of the clothing over his body, leaving just his undergarments that covered him from shoulder to knee and rest his head against the soft pillow. Closing his eyes, it did not take long for him to fall asleep as the day had left him quite exhausted.[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Var Atr, orange]The peaceful night had Vars iron body cooling, though he could not feel it the occasional drop of dew would form on his body and roll down the living shell and fall to the ground beneath him. Once they had arrived at the Orminai home, Belyavor moved straight to his room as Var suspected he would. Var, on the other hand, had retired to his own study. There were no chairs, no bed, nothing for anyone to relax on. Instead there was one book shelf, though it was not lonely as it was accompanied by many texts organized carefully. Alphabetically by author, on occasion years ago Belyavor had taken books and put them in the wrong placing, making Var set everything right again. In a way he missed those days, Belyavor had no children and no significant other. He was a man damned to solitude by Roth as Belyavor refused to raise a child in this world. As the only child of the last Orminai generation if Belyavor had no children, the Orminai name would be no more.

This was a thought Var did not want to think about, he had been the Orminai households tutor for nearly his entire life. For now, Var scanned the books that sat on the shelf in the empty room. Books were difficult to get a hold of, caravans usually only carried essentials. Thankfully the city had a handful of writers that were willing to contribute to personal libraries. The Kindred in particular had many books spread throughout their clans as their history promoted the passing of knowledge, much like the Library in Lord Seo's household. Maybe Var would return there to see the library once more and read some of the Kindred texts.

Though he had read it before, Var focused on a single book, a rather old one and one of his favorites. It was not the best written he owned but its sentimental value was priceless, it was the book he first read to Belyavors father. Pulling the bound leather out of its slot, Var opened it to page one and he began to read this fictional tale of two brothers, one great mage and the other a great warrior locked in a battle to the death against one another. It was hardly reading material for children, but in this world this tale worked sufficiently to remove the thoughts of the threats that rest outside.

Just like every night, Var would read until the sun rose, visible by the window to the outside of his study that faced towards the sunrise.[/fieldbox]
As day one ends I fear those that have accepted my gift have not come to the same grounds. Accusations of lies and foolishness fill this diverse group. Have I been to careless with my gift? I am beginning to regret presenting this power to such young people and yet here I rest having already taken action, actions I cannot undo. I can only pray you choose wisely as I rest here responsible for so much already. It is my most true desire to right what has been wronged, to heal the people that have been damaged, and yet I cannot. The moon rests above the people and the sun will rise to mark the second day since they have seen eachother. Please, men, women, and children, all my disciples, band together. I will be waiting for you.

Do not forget why you have accepted my diamonds.

A New Day Begins

Lensue yawned as the morning sun slowly peeked though the windows. She rubbed her eyes a bit, and pushed away the sheets of papers in front of her. It has been a long night for her, she flipped though all of the documents one by one without relying on her magic. She suspected if they were kept so secretly, they might some sort of magic casted on them to prevent magic from being effected. It wasn't something she was sure of, but she looked though them one by one anyways. The documents were quiet confusing at some points, some of the language was old and foreign to her.

She can remember talking to a Kindred, it partly Kindred lady yesterday night. She was also looking over the documents like her. Though soon enough as the night grew deeper she got so concentrated on the papers to the point that she forgotten about the kindred lady. She can vaguely remember the lady stuttering over her words, and doubted wether they should try to take down Roth or not.

Lensue agrees with the fact that is was a very risky act trying to take down Roth. Although she was young and weak, there were other, more powerful people who had the diamonds. Though she doubted they could do it either. She can remember from four years ago, when her older siblings went up against Roth. And, their execution. Her parents weren't there, no sane person would go watch four of their children die in front of them, but she was. Lensue didn't know why she decided to go, only to be tramped by the gruesome scene and the deep sorrow. Though she can recall one thing clear as a crystal. Their smiles when they faced certain death. Lensue had always looked up to them for the skills they have, she wanted to be like them. Although she wanted to live, to stay alive and tell the world what she has been though.

I'm a coward. She thought as she ducked her head, hiding away from the slowly rising sun. Lensue wasn't even sure if she could face her death with a calm smile, let also to have the skills and luck to live though what she's going to be thrown into. Letting out a deep breath, she stood up, and peeked out from behind the bookshelf she was sitting against while reading. Most of the others were gone already, it seems like that only she remained in the library. No wait, she wasn't the only one, the kindred lady was also there. Scanning her eyes around the room, she tried to find her. Lensue wanted to reply to what she said yesterday, even if she might say some thing seemingly ignorant and reckless because of her young age. It's hard, trying comfort someone who has a dozen more years of life experience than you. The older people always knew what they were doing because they have their experience, but Lensue wasn't one of them

Sure wish she would talk to me again. I didn't get her name, or anything. Lensue thought as she rubbed the dark circles under her syses.

Kela hadn't spent too much time dawdling about. Unfortunately for her, she didn't have eyes that would help much in the dark. She had to navigate through the streets with the light provided by the lanterns and lit candles that had been lit earlier during the night. When they were not available, she took aid from little Batsy, who did a well enough job in leading his humanoid friend.

It was a good thing that his voice was rather piercing, because Kela had quite a bit on her mind, from the talk of the diamonds to wondering where her mother could be right now. She paused when she passed by the church, taking in the sight. For a moment she wondered if anyone of her ancestors had ever come here to pray. She had never been overly religious... but she did think there was someone greater... somewhere. If she hadn't been so consumed with thoughts of helping her mother and revenge, she might have even thought to study the history of elves a little more.

She blinked, realizing she had dawdled. "Oh goodness," she muttered before taking off on a run, deciding that for the moment, the diamond and its plans were secondary; she had to find her mother.

It took about half an hour for her to reach her home. "Where did she go from here?" she asked the little bat. The directions he gave were rather clear cut, but try as she might, Kela couldn't find her mother anywhere. By the time the sun rose, Kela found herself once more outside the church, sitting on the ground, forehead pressed against her palm of her hand. Where is she? Please... be alright, Mother!
Ashfa had actually remained nearby during the night. She was only half kindred, and although her father's race was suited for the night, she took after her mother in this regard. Well, even if she hadn't, people only required her services during the daytime; there was no point in her staying awake all night. So, as much as she had tried to stay awake and continue reading, she had eventually fallen asleep without even knowing, curled against a wall by a bookshelf. She hadn't wanted to leave the young girl by herself, her last thoughts before going to sleep were really berating herself for not being as driven as the girl.

She woke up rather abruptly when the sun rose, a habit of years. For a moment she was disorientated, not sure exactly where she was. Leave alone the sight, not even the scent was familiar. She sat up and winced, her thin shoulders aching as well as her neck from being kept in a weird angle while sleeping. A slight ache in her hand caused her to look down and she realized she had been clutching her diamond all night long.

Seeing it, she slowly recalled the events of the night. She quickly put the diamond away in her pocket before standing up, looking around. Where was everyone... well, namely the girl? She rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands, rubbing away the sleep before she let her hands down. That was when she saw the familiar white head peeking from behind the bookshelf. She smiled a little, raising a hand.

"Uhm... hello... good morning," called in a soft voice, walking over. "I uhm... sorry I went to sleep... how are you doing?"

One first ray of sunlight beamed down into a small but well-decorated room of Lord Tyrant Roth's palace, igniting the golden walls and sending hazy light into every corner of the room. Around twenty women were strewn across the pillowed floor, women of all ages and races... Here a 19-year-old kindred was tangled in an embroidered blanket, her lips slightly parted; there a tall human with hair the color of corn was slumped against the wall with a fluffy pillow in her lap. Though the women varied in every possible way, they all had two things in common: one was the thin golden chains about their wrists and ankles, and two was that they were all blissfully asleep. All but one.

Svana Izar was awake.

Truth be told, the dragoon-human hybrid hadn't slept in two days; her bruised and aching body would not allow it, even though her eyelids drooped in exhaustion. I am death incarnate, she thought miserably, feeling every one of her bones sighing in unison. Two nights ago she had slipped out of the castle to get some form of closure on her grandmother's apparent death; although she hadn't been able to find her family, she had found something else of value- or, rather, something of value had found her. Even in her current state, Svana could feel the weight of the little golden diamond burning against her chest like a hot coal. It made her feel alive, searing through the grime and the impurity of her physical body to rest against her naked soul. The words of the hooded stranger echoed clearly through her mind, beckoning her toward this unusual gift, and for the hundredth time in the past two days the young woman wondered, why me?

It made no difference. Svana looked around with her dark, dark eyes and sighed internally. The sudden sense of power she had felt upon first taking the diamond had nearly vanished the previous night, the night of her turn... All of a sudden she felt the memory of those cruel hands on her body and tried not to let the tears fall. But something different had happened that night, she reminded herself wearily, rubbing at her eyes with a trembling hand. By the diamond's influence or not, she had done something she had never done before; when Roth had wrapped his fingers around her slender neck, throttling her in his pleasures, her hands had, at first, gripped his forearms weakly. Then a sudden spasm of hatred and courage had filled the hybrid, and she had pressed the four claws of her left hand down the curve of the Tyrant's wrist, leaving four slender red lines. Svana was not sure Roth had noticed right away, but when she finally limped out of his bedchambers in the morning with a purple bruise spreading across her cheek, she knew he had seen the scratches at some point in the night. She was still uncertain as to whether the marks had pleased or angered him; when the Tyrant was happy, he hurt people. When the Tyrant was angry, he hurt people. There was no middle ground.

She had spent the whole of yesterday trying to recover, as she did after every time. Lord Roth's summons always left the women of his harem in physical and emotional distress, with no exceptions. Though she had been half-delirious, Svana remembered having clutched her diamond like a security blanket, refusing to let any of her adopted sisters approach. She had even tried to escape, but was unable to communicate the importance of the diamond's summons to the other women; they had forced her to stay, and rest, like some caged animal. At some point she had gotten ahold of a cheap, paste jewel pendant, and tore the fake stone out of its soft metal claws to be replaced with her newest golden treasure. It currently hung against her chest, the slender chain around her neck laying atop a field yellow and green bruises.

Svana was feeling much better than she had yesterday- just sore, and tired. The young woman slowly stood, every inch of her aching, but her small feet made no noise as she maneuvered across the room to the women's communal wardrobe. She chose a black, high-necked dress in light of her grandmother's recent death, slipped the diamond pendant on beneath it, and quietly padded out the door and into the hallway. She meant to go into the city today, to investigate possible sources of her diamond's strange urging the day before, but was nervous that the household guard would not allow it in her current state.

The hybrid moved quickly and silently through the halls like a horned ghost, a black shadow passing swiftly along the walls of the palace. When she finally arrived at the lower front gates, Svana's stomach dropped; there, standing like statues at the doors, were two of her least favorite dragoon guards. Head held high, the young woman walked toward them with her hands folded gracefully on the front of her dress. When she was sure she had their attention, those graceful hands lifted to touch her lips: food, she was leaving to get food. It was not uncommon for servants and other members of Roth's household to buy their own meals if they had the money for it.

Although Svana knew the dragoons understood her perfectly well, she watched in annoyance as they feigned ignorance. "I think the whore is trying to tell us something, mate," the one on the left hissed in an obnoxiously loud whisper. The dragoon on the right shrugged his shoulders.
"What was that, madam?" he mocked, eyes flicking to her covered neck. Svana had heard this little act many times before. Impatiently, she signed for "food" again, even mouthing the words as she did so. The dragoons were having none of it.
"In this day and age we use our words, halfling, not our hands like savages," the left guard sneered. Svana felt her diamond burning into her skin again as her anger intensified. "Just tell us what you want." There was no use in trying to avoid the inevitable; the woman opened her mouth and tried to speak. Instead, a grating, painful rasp came out, and the guards laughed. The one on the left looked to his companion, and said, "Let the sheep out of its pen. We have no need for livestock here." With one muscled hand, the right guard opened the door for her, and in the blink of an eye Svana was out.

She tried to bury her embarrassment and anger with every step that carried her further from the castle, and as she saw the city of Rothendust grow closer and closer before her, it worked. Svana hadn't been allowed outside the palace as a servant in the harem, but as an adult she had been given the freedom to go where she pleased, so long as she informed the Royal Guard of her whereabouts. For years Svana had ignored that freedom, too ashamed and depressed to venture outside the castle walls; now, after having discovered the old family farm empty just days before, the hybrid wished she had ventured out earlier, at 18, or maybe 20.

The young woman finally descended into the city, which was still coming alive in the hazy morning light. At every turn she took a backwards glance out of habit; she didn't think she was important enough to warrant a tail from the guard, but Roth had plenty of lackeys and only 20 women in his harem. Although he had made it clear to the women that they were only possessions, she knew that Roth of all people valued his power over them. So she was wary, and watchful, but tried to keep a fresh mind. With the diamond pendant warm beneath the folds of her dress, Svana felt like she could handle living for one more day.

Reactions: Zarrock

Kyo woke up the following morning in probably the worst wake-up position. She had fallen asleep against the wall with her knees tucked into her chest, without even bothering to get int the actual bed. The sheets and blanket on top were crumpled from slight movement, but other than that, lay compeltely untouched.

Her crystal sat atop of the little desk, the only other thing that decorated the room. It glowed with a faint light, and gave off an eerie glow. However, it offered a little comfort. It was as if a little star had fallen during the light and landed in the room. Kyo moved and the bones in her back popped from being in such an awkward position for so long. She groaned with disomfort and went to the door, hooking her whip and sliding her gem inside of her pocket in the process. She froze when she grabbed the door handle. What would she do when she got out there? Just because she spent the night here, gave no indiciation that these people were any more than strangers she saw on the street. However, it had been nice to sleep on something other than pile needles and fronds. It had been, despite the position, the best sleep she'd had in a while.

She stepped back and turned, leaning her back against the door. Her mind wandered to the giant Dragoon again, and she thought idly about it. Maybe she could become friends with him? She had to admit that due to her size and age, she was probably the most incapable fighter her. Hell, she hardly had any knowledge on how to use her own weapon, and her wings were still small and incapable of lifting her more than a foot off the ground. Kyo sighed and slid down to the floor, putting her head in her hands. The little Dragoon still had no idea what her purpose was here. Once she opened this door, another world would open along with it, and she had a horrible feeling that once her foot was in that door, there was no going back.[/fieldbox]

As the sun rose, the light slowly made its way across the room, revealing Cojack lying shirtless on a bed much too small for him. His arm was hanging off the side of the bed, his knuckles on the ground next to his massive blade, his feet hanging just off the end of the mattress, and a small puddle of drool had formed beneath his mouth as the massive man snored lightly in his sleep. His bright red diamond sat on the nightstand beside the bed, glittering a bit in the morning sun. The instant the sunlight hit his eyes, Cojack gave a hearty yell and leaped out of bed, his feet hitting the floor with a mighty crash. He got up like that every morning, it's just what he did. He liked to think that he was letting the world know he was up, just so they had time to go "Aww, crap." before Cojack went about his day. His dad had grown used to the experience when Cojack lived with him, but to those who had never experienced Cojack's morning routine, it would likely be a bit startling. Or a lot startling. Either way, if there was anyone in the house that hadn't been up already, they were now.

After taking a moment to crack his back, Cojack pulled on his shirt, the tattered fabric doing its best to cover his gleaming scales. Cojack liked his scales, and liked to keep them nice and shiny. He couldn't understand how some people could live without scales, and liked to show his off a bit. As a result, he ended up doing a lot of things shirtless. Plus, he just thought it was more comfortable to not have a shirt on. However, he had learned that it was not acceptable to be shirtless in public. Not too many people seemed to mind, but a few particular people took notice. The last time he was shirtless in a crowd, an unfamiliar woman came up to him and began talking about his muscles. He didn't know her, but she hugged his massive arm, asked him if there was anything he could think of for the two of them to do together, and looked up at him with seductive, expectant eyes. He thought she was very strange, so he shook her off of his arm and ran away. She shouted a few rude things at him as he ran away, and he couldn't decide if it was because he had accidentally knocked her over, or if it was because he couldn't think of anything for them to do, or if it was because he ran away. He knew nothing. At that point, he decided that he would wear a shirt in public to stop strange women like her from hanging off of him and saying things he didn't understand. He would wear a shirt even if it meant that he had to hide his pretty, sparkly red scales.

He grabbed the belt for his dual swords off the ground, sliding the leather around his waist before sliding the sharp blades into their sheaths. Then he grabbed his massive sword, slinging the sheath onto his back and securing the straps in front of his chest. He left that sword in its sheath as he put it on, deciding the ceiling in the room was too low to lift the sword up high enough to fit it in the sheath. Next was his bow. He left it unstrung and in the quiver, along with a dozen or so arrows he had made in his spare time at the farm. He had tested them all plenty of times, and all of them flew perfectly. Lastly, he grabbed the glittering gem off of the bedside table and put it into his pocket. Since he'd gotten it, it felt strange if he didn't have the glittering object. He then thought for the umpteenth time about seeing if he could have the gem put into the hilt of one of his weapons, and for the umpteenth time, forgot about it as soon as he walked through the door.

Walking out of the borrowed room, he found himself lost in the house. It was not a very big house, but it was much more complicated than Cojack's. Cojack's house was two floors, one for cooking and eating, one for sleeping. That was it. No rooms or hallways or fancy things like that. So, being in a house even a little more complicated than that was a challenge to Cojack's simple mind. The immediate solution was to start smashing through walls until he found a door, but he was pretty sure that the sparkling magician from the night before wouldn't appreciate that. Someone would probably have to go find the poor fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.