Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's just... Waiting. Huh. *twiddles thumbs* Kiddo, how long's it been since @girlabot replied? I'm too lazy to check. :P

She hasn't posted in a while because she was waiting on me...

I'm looking forward to doing the playing of roles with you guys. What's happening, fellow kids?

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Keelin Oakrim[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 22[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Race: Human[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Diamond Color: Yellow (Almost a golden yellow)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:
M0oSPyX.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent](For reasons that are obvious, the headphones aren't actually included)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Height:5'4[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight:115 pounds[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hair Color:Black[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hair Style:Straight in the front, braided into dreads in the back. Her hair is rather long, as it goes to her mid back. Her bangs can somewhat get into her eyes, but not overly so to the point where it makes it difficult to see. For the most part, they remain brushed away to the side of her face or tucked behind her ear. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Eye color:Light blue[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Clothing:Keelin dresses in darker colors that are normally limited to black or browns. This is mostly due to the fact that she often works in the dead of night and prefers not to be seen if possible. Her long coat is somewhat plain made unique only by the buckles around the wrists of the sleeve (to keep closed), the waist (to also keep closed), and two large pockets at the side of it. The inside of the coat is lined with black velvet for comfort as well as multiple pockets for storage. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Under her coat she wears a brown leather vest which doubles as virtually the only armor she wears. It's button down and is worn over a black collared long sleeve shirt which is hard to see under the coat that she wears. Her pants are made of a thick and black loose fitting leather that are rather plain. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon(s): The only weapon that Keelin carries is a rapier that she has holstered at her side. The blade has a length of 31 inches. It's worth next to nothing and it's extremely plain as she doesn't use it for the purpose it was made for. Instead of fighting steel to steel with it, she uses it to conduct electricity from her hand to her target. Lightning fired from her hand can spread, which is good for a group; lightning fired through a conductor, however, flies straight.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:While Keelin most certainly isn't quiet, she does tend to keep to herself. Relying on others is something she tries not to do. If something can't be done by herself, she's very reluctant to ask for help due to a strong mistrust of others. The term "civil" can be used to describe her interactions with other people. She's not overly friendly, yet not overly rude, she's as practical and as civil as she needs to be. When she manages to get closer to others, she can actually be rather friendly to them. Instead of being civil, she treats them with a moderate amount of respect.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For those that she hates, however, it's telling if they can actually manage to figure it out. Whereas other people may be openly aggressive towards someone they dislike, Keelin simply doesn't acknowledge them unless she needs to. Hate is a strong word, and hate implies effort. No one, as far as Keelin is concerned, is worth the effort it takes to hate someone. To forget and ignore them is a much easier process.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Keelin isn't hotheaded, and it takes quite a bit to anger her as fights are something she tends to wish to avoid. Combat is the last option whatsoever. If an opponent can't be felled with one attack, it's more logical to escape the situation than it is to face it. This goes hand in hand with her work, of which she takes seriously. The term "married to your work" is rather apt when it comes to Keelin. She doesn't enjoy getting involved in anything unless it's on her terms. Control is very important to her, and when it's taken away, she tends to not be happy with it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic: All of Keelin's skills in magic are related to the elements. When it comes to her skill in them, she knows enough to defend herself. Higher levels of magic are something she's familiar with, but untrained and unskilled in. The little magic she does have skill in is self-taught, and as such can be unrefined compared to someone that has had training. For the most part her spells are limited to the following:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Throwing flame at an enemy[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Shooting lightning from her fingertips[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Drawing water from the moisture in the air around her[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Using the earth around her to throw at an enemy[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As far as she's concerned, these abilities are only ever to be used in self-defense. If she feels her life is being threatened and retreat isn't an option, these are the skills she will use to defend herself. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills: Keelin's three major skills are being stealthy. In her line of work, not being seen is key for the most part. She can cook, which is strangely enough probably she kill she's most proud of. Finally, she can lie with the best of them. Her poker face is strong, and it's often unclear to anyone else if she's lying or not, which can often lead to people not trusting her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History: Most, if not all of Keelin's life has been deceptively unremarkable. She was born to Jack Oakrin and Alice Oakrin in the city of Rothendust. Like every other citizen of Rothendust, Keelin has never seen far outside of the walls of the city. Her father was a hunter who, unfortunately, met his end when his hunting group ventured too far from the city. Her mother was a baker who single handedly ran a small business while raising her daughter. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once Keelin was old enough, she worked with her mother in the bakery while also learning. For the most part, she did her schooling at home. Reading, writing, mathematics, as well as a bit of history of the city followed by whatever her mother fashioned as philosophy, were the things that she learned. This process continued for years as Keelin wasn't allowed out of the house much due to the dangers of the city. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eventually, Alice would teach Keelin the little magic she knew. Her mother knew what she did with fire as it lit a stove or oven much faster than the conventional ways. These were also the ages in which Keelin finally started going out to explore the city on her own. The library was her primary objective, but she would also spend time mapping things out on paper. During her trips to the library, she would often read up on more magic, but would often practice at home.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Around the age of 19, her mother would pass away and leave Keelin with the small house in which they lived. Not wanting to run a bakery, Keelin took to starting a courier service. Delivering packages that can be concealed on her person. She asks no questions and has, so far, a solid delivery ratio. As such, while she isn't expensive to hire by any means, she also doesn't work for peanuts. The way she conducts her business is professional, which means people tend to come to her often.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]During her last run is when she met a hooded and cloaked figure. "Care for a diamond," she asked. A question that had multiple meanings and therefore multiple answers is a question often not worth answering. Yet, with a nod of her head and a smile, Keelin would indeed take care of a diamond. After all, what fun would be left in the world if she didn't occasionally take risks?[/BCOLOR]

Sorry guys T.T I'm just trying to finish my character first *sniffles*

Welcome to the group! Glad to have another character shorter than Cojack's sword! :P I should start keeping a tally of how many people are shorter than his sword.

She's not short!

She's vertically challenged.

Now, I was wondering if you would mind if I had my character kind of come in right after your post. It seems like Cojack is about to go full on man mode against that monster to protect the girl in the building. If it's cool with you, I'd like to have Keelin come in on that and maybe fire a lightning bolt at his head.

Lol... that reminded me of Garfield telling someone "I'm not overweight! I'm undertall!"

She's not short!

She's vertically challenged.

Now, I was wondering if you would mind if I had my character kind of come in right after your post. It seems like Cojack is about to go full on man mode against that monster to protect the girl in the building. If it's cool with you, I'd like to have Keelin come in on that and maybe fire a lightning bolt at his head.
Actually, I was really hoping on having Cojack take down the monster on his own. Sorry. It's just that I really wanted to emphasize that his diamond has started giving him more power since he's never taken down a grade 5 before. And I also wanna emphasize that he's willing to throw himself into something he's never dared attempt before for the sake of Kyo. Sorry!!! But it's really supposed to be Cojack's big moment! She can meet up with Cojack right after the fight's over though! As long as you're ok with the big guy being very distracted by the sparkly magic. :P

It's no problem, man. I may wait and bring her in until after that moment. The hardest part of getting into a new RP is finding a way to actually enter it without stepping on toes. So if I have to wait a bit, it's really no biggie. Appreciate the response!

Well Kela wouldn't mind some help at the moment, if you need a way in ^_^

I think I may just take you up on that. Give me an hour or so to get a post out.

Great :D Now I can wait a little for my new char :3

and Kela won't have to face the slap I had in mind for her heh.

Just about done. Quick question, though. Do you mind if Keelin kills it or would you like to have control over that?

Hmm... I'm thinking it can be killed ^_^

Swiggity swag got a post in the bag. Hope you enjoy it, yo.

New member :D, welcome to our slow paced RP, hope you'll enjoy it here.

I'll get up a post for both Ash and Kela by today then :3

THANKS IWAKU FOR NOT TELLING ME THERE WERE NO POSTS IC LOVE YOU TOO!

<_< Brb reading

Status
Not open for further replies.