Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems really awesome, now I'm excited too. It is interesting to see who'll end up being friends with who in RPs.

Yep :D I can't wait to see how Ash will turn out. Kela... hmm... well she can get along with pretty much everyone :3

Well, there goes Cojack's chances with Var! Cojack not good at words.

You never know

It sort of about how characters communicate that makes relations. Lensue have the instant print ability so it'll probably be easier for her to communicate. Imagine, talking to a human printer. (That's actrally sort of weird, but you get the idea.)

Actually, something that only just clicked, both physically and in terms of personality, Var Atr and S'Kar are an excellent example of character foils.

Noteworthy NPCs put in shorter bios.

Name: Captain Deuk Threis
Race: Dragoon
Diamond Color: N/A
Appearance: You will not forget seeing Deuk, his gaze is one to strike fear into those that see him. He stands at 6'3" with dark brown scales coating much of his body. These scales are dull and have no shine, but they are strong very menacing as the scales crawl up his horns.
Tiefling_zpsrdeuvdyj.jpg

Weapon(s): A hammer forged exclusively for war. Not war against monsters, this wahammer has a 7 foot handle and the head alone weighs 103 pounds, this hammer was made to smash, crush, and destroy armor and blend flesh into a pulp. On the end opposite if the hammer head is a torture device used for hooking into the enemies that he strikes. Reference this image.

Personality: Deuk is mean, cruel, and violent. Working directly under Lord Tyrant people fear him not for his appearance but for the fact that he is free to do whatever to whoever he wants. He abuses this power, acting as a constant reminder that Rothendust is under a tyrannical ruler. He has been known to invade into peoples homes and demand that he be treated to drinks and occasionally to women. He is a man without regret and insulting may just lead to you being turned into a mist of red blood and splinters of bone.

Magic: N/A

Skills: Being a dragoon, Deuk is extremely strong. He is a physical power house and has trained his body to push through pain. Combat is his life and he knows nothing else but how to defeat any opponent.

History:
Deuk was born in Rothendust of 2 pure blood dragoons who acted as guards for Rothendust. His parents trained him to fight since birth and taught him to worship the lord tyrant as though he were a deity, and so Deuk did. When he was older, the lord tyrant took an interest in the dragoon boy and quickly took him under his own tutelage. Out of fear, his parents gave up their young son. Deuk was trained to be the ultimate fighting machine and the lord tyrant was filling his head with terrible thoughts. The only purpose this dragoon serves is to remind the world of what happens to those that oppose their citys lord.

Name: Lonn Taiocer
Race: Human/Dragoon Hybrid
Appearance: Lonn stands at 5'9" and is by no means intimidating. By dragoons standard he is rather small, but he fits the bill for humans.
Dragonking1_zpssvty1eev.jpg

Weapon(s): N/A

Personality: Being the second in command to Captain Deuk has made Lonn seem more frightening than he really is, the truth is that Lonn is actually very kind and compassionate. While there is nothing Lonn can do about his captains actions, the people below him are kept in check so as they don't go on entire killing sprees. He is a complete contrast to his rude and cruel captain, he was chosen for this reason. Deuk was sick of being spoken to about his squads free actions and so Lonn was brought into the group to balance things out.

Magic: N/A

Skills: Hand to hand combat is Lonns specialty, he has managed to become a noteworthy fighter even against those that are armed.

Having a bit of a silver tongue, Lonn can talk sense into nearly anyone and even convince them to do things for him.

History: Lonns father was a dragoon and his mother was a human. They were an unlikely pair because
of their living conditions, but both familys were happy for the two when they had a child. Being a human, his mother was a merchant who made her living by selling crates of food and spices. His father was a laborer for his mother, carrying the heavy crates of products to and from various locations and making deliveries to those that needed the hand. It was rather easy for Lonn to learn the trade his mother had taken, but as a half breed he was not quite strong enough to help out his father unless the crates were smaller. As such, he learned to speak like his mother who was no pushover, she could trick a rich man to live in the slums with her silver tongue. Lonn was never able to become that good at it, but he still picked up what he could. After his mother retired he was able to take the job and kept the same income, keeping his father as the laborer.

One day the feared captain of the dragoon squad that terrorized the city came to him and demanded Lonn become his second in command. It was out of fear that he accepted, should he reject the offer then the risk of Deuk killing him or his family was very high and he could not live with this burden. Now he cannot see his parents very much and waits for the day he can leave this squad and live peacefully once more.

Name: Lord Tyrant Roth
Race: Elf
Appearance: Lord Roth stands at 6'1" with an aged but toned body. In this link is his battle armor, the former body of an epser, though the soul has long since left.

Personality: The path to your most intimate desires is paved in blood, or so Roth believes. He wants nothing more than to be worshiped, to him it is all that makes life worth living. It is a very strong belief of his that true respect is only earned once you have put an iron grip over the people, and he treats Rothendust the same. If you oppose him he is not afraid to kill you himself, and he'll do so in public for all to see. Standing in the way of Roth may just lead to your death.

Many might think Roth treats the elves better than the other races because he himself is an elf, but between public executions, forcing them to live among their rival race, the Kindred, and bringing in the dragoons to do his bidding he has proven that he does not care for his own race. In his eyes he treats the elves just like the others, but being an elf himself, he knows that if he rejects their rights to worship their own deitys then he will be biting off more than he can chew.

Weapons: Roth has an armory of weapons at his disposal, but he does have his 2 favorites.

For monster slaying he carries a two handed longsword with a 4 foot blade. The sword is imbued with magic and gets lighter as it strikes, starting at 7 pounds and becoming as light as 3 pounds. reference link.

When facing off against others, Roth uses his trusted Halberd. It is forged of a mighty steel and is designed to pierce armor and dragoon scales. The handle is a long 7 foot, however he struggles to use it without his armor on.

Magic: {SPOILERS}

Skills: Roth is a very good architect, most of Rothendust was built to his design.

History: {SPOILERS}

Last edited:
Reactions: Victor Markov
G'morning :3 *looks at NPCs*

Hello people, just came from a math contest. *brains leaking out of ears*

Good morning. I've been writing and reading all morning...

I'm actually totally rp free this morning. Well except one but need time for it.

*catches brains in a bowl*

I'm going to go play some games for now, I could use a break from all this reading and writing xD

I have no clue where to start.
Are they all individualized right now?

Everyone is gathering at a church where their diamond seemed to have lead them.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ayla
OOook.
Makes sense to me now.

Squee's first post is mostly what's needed as a reference. You could have your character arrive and simply step inside the church I reckon. Other chars can notice, it might be an easy way to get in the groove.

I hate to be the stickler for details guy, but I feel like I should point this out. Historically, the blades of long swords were a little under four feet, and the most they weighed was about 4 pounds. You can see that here, and a few other places across the web. So, a four foot long blade would only weigh maybe four and a half pounds at most. I understand that it's magic, and its weight is supposed to be different from a normal sword, but 62 pounds for four feel of reach is more than a little unwieldy. Then fluctuating 40 pounds? Absolutely obnoxious. With a sword that size, changing only two pounds in weight would be MORE than enough to change how the weapon feels and handles. Well, if it weighed the 4 pounds one would expect it to at least. And I say this as a sword fanatic, and one who has done a bit of swordplay myself. But, all of this is just if you want to be factually accurate. If you want the main enemy to have a 62 pound sword, go for it. It's your RP after all. I just thought I'd throw that little bit of fact out there. As a little side note, I love that he'll use a halberd! Halberds are one of my favorite weapons, just because it's so versatile. Thumbs up from me on that one!

• Thank You
Reactions: Squee
I hate to be the stickler for details guy, but I feel like I should point this out. Historically, the blades of long swords were a little under four feet, and the most they weighed was about 4 pounds. You can see that here, and a few other places across the web. So, a four foot long blade would only weigh maybe four and a half pounds at most. I understand that it's magic, and its weight is supposed to be different from a normal sword, but 62 pounds for four feel of reach is more than a little unwieldy. Then fluctuating 40 pounds? Absolutely obnoxious. With a sword that size, changing only two pounds in weight would be MORE than enough to change how the weapon feels and handles. Well, if it weighed the 4 pounds one would expect it to at least. And I say this as a sword fanatic, and one who has done a bit of swordplay myself. But, all of this is just if you want to be factually accurate. If you want the main enemy to have a 62 pound sword, go for it. It's your RP after all. I just thought I'd throw that little bit of fact out there. As a little side note, I love that he'll use a halberd! Halberds are one of my favorite weapons, just because it's so versatile. Thumbs up from me on that one!
Fair enough. I'll accept that I was wrong and change it accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.