Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very welcome. The only reasons my characters are old as rocks is because I prefer to play them that way. Just remember just because you're young does not mean you're weak, the diamond given makes you stronger. On a side not, are you feeling any better?

I've been having a high fever for about a week, but it's gone down now and I'm basically good :D Thanks for being concerned about me.

I prefer playing younger characters who have room for growth, it makes me feel as if I'm growing and learning up too.

A good coming of age story is always fun to play out and read, but it's not my cup of tea. Instead I play an older character that has everything he knows brought into question, less growing into who you are and more keeping true to that person when it becomes so difficult to do.

Name: Kela Sojourn

Race: Human elf hybrid (her parents were both half human and half elf)

Diamond Color: Leaf Green

Appearance: Kela is around 5'5 and about 125 lbs. She looks pretty much like below in the spoiler, except she dresses in mostly green tunics and browns trousers. (A drawing my friend made of her)
kinda_how_i_imagine_kela_by_inkspeller-d7dn1gx.jpg

Weapon(s): Kela usually carries a hunting knife on her person, just in case. It's nothing too special, with a dark wooden hilt. She likes to keep it quite sharp, usually in a small sheath attached to her back. She has a bow she had learned to use but keeps it at her place of residence.

Personality: Kela is a pretty friendly person, usually with a smile on her face unless for obvious reasons like she's sad or upset. She is kind and helpful as well, trying to be something of a good person. That being said, she doesn't usually initiate a conversation with others, as she's used to people thinking she might be a little touched in the head for claiming animals talk to her.

She tends to get too emotionally attached to people/animals that she likes. While she is brave, seeing people in pain causes her to feel heartache as well, especially if there is nothing she can do about it. She would rather take on pain that see someone else suffer. This may be deemed as something of virtue but it's more of a weakness as it can be easily used against her.

Magic: She can talk to and understand animals. Sometimes she has dreams that seem to come true, but these tend to be rare, and of course, the future can always be changed.

Skills: She is a good hunter, both close range as well as long range. She has good outdoor skills, ranging from tracking as well as roughing it outside. She's quite good with children as well as well as little critters like birds, cats, mice etc.

She has a bit of a green thumb as well, tending to plants and flowers where she can.

History: Kela was born to a normal family unit, a mother and father and a couple of older brothers. Her childhood was rather normal, even boring as she lived a rather safe and sound life. Her father was rather protective, trying to make sure his little girl didn't have to know about the darkness of the world. Her mother wanted her to learn basic household skills, which she did. The basics only. She was never into what her brothers called 'girly things', instead liking to play outside in the dirt, getting into tumbles with her brothers. Eventually they even taught her how to use a knife as well as the makeshift toy bow and arrows they'd make away from their mother's sight.

As she grew older, it turned out Kela was better at using weapons and 'outside work' as her mother called it than doing household chores. As she spent more time outside, Kela soon discovered that when the birds chirped, the cats meowed, the mice squeaked and all the other critters called to each other, she could actually understand what they were saying. Delighting in this, she started talking to them and making friends. Unfortunately for her, when she told her family, they didn't seem to believe her. At first they thought she was simply making a joke, but as she continued insisting, they came to the conclusion she might be a little touched in the head.

One day, when Kela reached her early twenties, the household was given the news that her father had been killed as he was planning on leading a group against the tyrant. Kela couldn't believe her over protective father would do such a thing, but soon enough people came after her family as well and in just one day her somewhat peaceful and normal life became the opposite. Her brothers were caught and killed as they tried to keep their pursuers away from their mother and sister.

Although Kela managed to escape with her mother, they were both rather traumatized. They found safety by a friend's house, but that person wouldn't keep them more than a night, not wanting to jeopardize his own safety. Kela and her mother left in the early morning. They stayed in the streets for a while, not knowing what else to do until Kela finally decided to find a safer place to stay. The two of them moved to live near the slums where Kela figured no one would think to look for them. They stayed there while Kela would head off and do odd jobs to keep a roof over her and her mother's head as well as food for them.

Kela eventually found a more suitable place for her and her mother. It was better than nothing though she had to work much harder now. She didn't mind, trying to keep a positive attitude, though in her mind dark thoughts against the tyrant were starting to grow. She kept them to herself, knowing it would only worry her mother. It however didn't stop her from brooding when she thought no one was watching, and one day, as she was walking home with these thoughts, she heard a voice asking a question. She decided to take the diamond, and as she did, she felt something strengthen in her.

I have read the rules and understand them

@Greenie Just one simple question...What type of bow? Reference this image if you are unsure of how to answer. I just want to know because that will answer the questions of range and firing pressure etc.

I understand that, I just think that you could learn a lot of cool things from people you RP with online. Also I'm not very good at the character thing...yet.

So the background is about a leader who oppresses the people in a city/kingdom? I think I may have a character for this......maybe.

It's more like a City State, really, but yeah that's the idea. Any characters under 45 wouldn't have known life without his rule.

Ah, no problem. I'd probably say 'c'.

So what does the diamond do exactly? Does it give you magic or something else similar?

And with that Kela Sojourn is accepted.

Ok so with CB's character coming and if @KJDarKnight makes one that makes 10 characters, IC will definitely be up soon. I will start it tonight but I can't promise it will be finished since I need to do 3 pars. Narrators part, Belyavor part, and Var part.

@Cresion Breezes For now the diamonds grant power, but they are an important plot device. For now they just make you stronger.

• Love
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
And with that Kela Sojourn is accepted.

Ok so with CB's character coming and if @KJDarKnight makes one that makes 10 characters, IC will definitely be up soon. I will start it tonight but I can't promise it will be finished since I need to do 3 pars. Narrators part, Belyavor part, and Var part.
Yay thank you :3

KJ won't be joining ;w;. She's my friend and I asked her a few mins ago, she said it might be hard since she's working full time.

Fair enough, good to know. Either way this is turning out to be a lovely roster.

Yup, I'm excited to use my two chars :3

• Love
Name: Lensue Halsig

Race: Human, one fourth elf

Diamond Color: Dark Blue

Appearance:
Lensue's height is around 5'0, and weights around 90 lbs. She dresses in clothing that seems too large for her.

Weapon(s): A small dagger with that can fold into a handle like object, it seems like that it's coated in silver, although it's only iron (closest thing would be a modern Swiss army knife), and a brush like pen that has a hidden spike in the barrel.
She also owns a straight sword, supposedly passed down from the generations of her family. She brings it around mainly just for intimidation though.
56DCYw2.png

Personality:
Lensue is a quiet person, she is often taken as the "shy little girl" by people around her. Although the only reason she appears like that is because she often gets lost in though. Usually walking along the streets silently like a ghost child, not many people comes up to her. If someone does talk to her though, she'll likely still scare them away by talking about bizarre things such as the future and the history that no one is alive to tell.
She is also a true wanderer, being in a middle lower class family with aging parents, she has a lot of freedom in her childhood to roam around. This added to her absurd logic and theories. She listens to almost everyone who talks to her, and tried to comprehend their words in many different ways, almost making a game out of it.

Magic:
Memory Imprints: With enough concentration she is able to create an image from her head on any surface. The time and energy needed to do it depends on the surface and image. Words can be made much quicker than images.
Record Change: With physical contract she is able to read and alter any sort of printed media with out making direct eye contract with it.

Skills:
Documenting: Lensue can document whole scenes in her memory, and later imprint it onto paper if she likes.
Hiding: Being born in a lower class of the city she developed a skill for finding hiding spots and camouflaging.
Parkour: Living in the slums she decided to use her size as a faster method of travel, usually hoping along people's roofs.

History:
Lensue's parents are a aging couple in their late 50s who've seen the city when it was still a free domain, and that was what the stories that they told to their first children. They had four children in total, everyone of them they raised with love and knowledge. Often telling the kids tales of the past. These children grew up to be quiet skillful in many areas, and had formed a travelling group around the city. They were Lensue's four older siblings. Being either intelligent or powerful. Although they were no match for the city's tyrant.
They were heroes in young Lensue's eyes, her eldest brother taught her many things, including basic combat and tactics. She was strong for a mere child, although with no natrual talent or ambition.
When Lensue was nine years old, her four siblings, three brothers and a sister, launched a secret assassination on the city's leader. Lensue, being the youngest in them, was naturally left behind. It came close to success, thought then it failed. This caused the four their lives. They were publicly executed for attempting a assassination. This was when her parents realized what they've done wrong.
As Lensue grew up, they still told her the stories of the times before, though this time the history became distorted. Her parents say that before the world was dangerous, and that today they were safe in the walls. Lensue managed to find out otherwise though. With her four older siblings gone and her parents aging, the family fell gradually into poverty. This gave Lensue the freedom of roaming anywhere she likes. Elders, priests, and even homeless adventurers told her tales of the past. Each one gave a different story. This made Lensue slowly realize that no one knows the truth behind the city's history. She then wished that someone from the past could have passed down an era's story, but no one decided to do so because of fear. This made her want to become someone who can write the truth of a time period and leave it for the future, the thought excited her. As she used the small amount of magic from her elf grandfather in her, she learned how to imprint images onto paper and walls. This seemed like a useless magic to many, though she practiced it diligently.
During that she never refused people who wanted to tell her a story, or a question to be answered. She dissected many topics from different areas with local scribes and scholars. Until one day a particular question came up, would she like a diamond. At firs she was in doubt of the diamond giver, but decided to check out what it's about. The moment she touched the diamond, it felt as if the things she's been dreaming about would come true one day. It gave her strength, and that's what she lived on for.

I have read the rules and understand them.​

Last edited:
Poor dragoons, so unpopular! Well, I have a few important Dragoon NPCs lined up already so it's not so bad :P

At any rate, @Cresion Breezes Lensue is approved.

I'd actually been hard pressed whether to make Ash half dragoon, but then decided Kindred suited her better lol

Wait did you see the other weapon in the CS? I just added it in.

One of my friends owns one of those in real life, they're sharp as hell.

@Cresion Breezes Yeah I saw it, and I liked it.

@Greenie Dragoons are frightening because of their sheer strength and to make up for the lack of player dragoons I'm going to implement a dragoon "squad" that acts as the military under the command of our tyrant.

• Love
Dragons! For some reason they remind me of my first pet lizard who died a horrible death...that's why I don't really want to get near them :P

My original Ash was quite strong and a Naga, which is why I was tempted... but she wasn't like big like they are ^_^' then I saw the Kindred and their contact with spirits o.o Original Ash's mama was somewhat connected to that sorta thing so... yeah decision made :D

I can't wait to see this squad o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.