"Hey, I just agreed to breakfast occasionally with you, I... didn't agree to go sunbathing on the beach, did I? That's not my scene. I get it, you both like the beach because it's right by the ocean, but that's... it's not me. If you want to see me out the house doing something, it'll be hiking. I could enjoy hiking, especially during a thunderstorm. That'd be... cool," muttered the glum God in return, cringing fiercely at the very thought of lounging on a beach in the sun with countless numbers of 'cool' handsome people wandering about looking and judging him. It was hardly his idea of relaxing fun.

"I'd do it with you if you came to the beach. I could only imagine you in the cutest bathing suit, you know? Sunglasses and a cute bucket hat..." He cooed teasingly as he started up his car. Sure, he often Uber'd Or walked but he definitely wasn't in the mood to talk to people.

"Seriously, why are you so opposed? What if we went at night, yeah? Just you and me alone, taking in the waves with some blankets and tea. Maybe a fire?"

"Because it's not me. What if I asked you to some and hang out in some cave somewhere? I'm pretty sure you'd find it cold and miserable and downright weird, you know? I just-- I promised that I'd give this whole thing a shot for you allowing me to stay here, but let's just-- let's take it slow, okay? Baby steps--"

"Why are you bothering with him? He's constantly miserable like this. You know when I married your father, we invited him to our wedding, asked him to dress nicely. He showed up in his pyjamas. He has absolutely no idea how to relax--"

"I'd argue that showing up in some comfortable pyjamas is highly relaxing, actually," retorted the other god as he silently glared at the woman. Sure, she was nice enough in her own way, when you got past her opinionated stances and egotism, but that didn't mean Daeron wanted to hang out over breakfast like this. Again, it was hardly his thing.

"I'd check out a cave, sure," Proteus replied simply as he stared at the other God, his face unemotional at the suggestion. He had tried everything but murder in the few decades he found a home on Earth. Climbing into some cold and clammy cave actually sounded like a great idea to have a proper excuse to cuddle up with some cute guy, gushing about how cold it was and how creepy the dark was.

"We all need to open our eyes to try new shit, right? I'm not afraid to do that myself," he cooed casually once his stiff expression softened, offering a crooked grin for emphasis. "You gotta be fluid through life, like a stream, eh? If you just stay in the same place all of your life, you're going to end up being sad and bored."

"Watch your language, Proteus. Just because you're here on Earth and living your own life does not mean you get to start cussing like a street urchin. I'm still your mother. However old you get, I have the privilege of still being able to chastise you." Amphitrite tutted beneath her breath, offering her son a sharp glare just so he took note of how serious she was. Regardless of the less than godly things she'd done in her life, she wasn't going to sit back and allow her son to start using colourful language around her, however much he protested. She'd never been a really hands on mother, but there was always a time to start.

Though she couldn't really do the same with Daeron, and he took full advantage of that.

"I'm fucking sad and I'm fucking boring," the other god began, a first sign of a smirk breaking his characteristically nonchalant expression. "I like routines. Breaking them is lunacy to me."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia