The Circle Of Friends: The Last Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

font_previewd.php

sample-507a7c3e25d05673975ea8efd1f38dfc.jpg

Name: John Delacourt II
Age: I'm 21 years old, I'm ancient compared to the others, huh?

Gender: You can look at this body and think I'm anything but a man?

Seuxality: Baby, if you like me, I like you. We can figure out the bits and bobs later.

Likes: Oooh, kinky...Well, my soft limits ar- Wait what? I'm being told this isn't that kind of trip. In that case...

✔ My hoodie; do you have any idea how hard it is to find a lightweight cotton hoodie with short sleeves and a hood big enough to cover my giant head?
✔ My music. If I'm not being forced to pay attention, I've got at least one headphone in listening to something, probably my favorite band, Poets of the Fall
✔ Junk Food. If it's sugary, fatty, salty, or terrible for me, it's got a spot in my mouth. Especially snack cakes and energy drinks. The fact I can keep the body I do baffles both me and the medical profession.
✔ Ramen. It's salty, meaty delicious noodle soup. what's not to like?
✔ Dancing. They say body language is the true language of love, and if that's true, I've got two silver tongues, baby....that sounded a lot better in my head.
✔ Drawing. I'll probably spend my free time on this trip doing a lot of drawing. Thankfully, I'm surrounded by beautiful muses.
✔ Alcohol, especially the hard stuff. I keep a flask of it with me to make the boring parts a little less boring.
✔ Snow. I love the feeling of it on my skin, and the look on a person's face when they get pelted by a snowball they didn't expect is priceless...
✔ Beetles. Especially Hercules Beetles; something about those giant horns is just awesome

Dislikes:
✖ Bad body Odor. Do I even need to explain why?
✖ Spicy food. I love it, but it feels like a ball of molten iron is sitting in my stomach.
✖ Country Music. There's just something terribly depressing about it all.
✖ Spiders. Something that sinister looking
✖ Idiots. If anyone's gonna be the fool, it'll be me!
✖ Horses. Their glassy eyes always seem to be hiding some nefarious plot.

Important-Life-History:
Ahh, now we're getting into the juicy stuff. I was always a decent kid, behaved well enough when the parents were around that I had plausible deniability for the shenanigans I pulled when they weren't. When I was 16, I was diagnosed with depression, and been on antidepressants ever since. It makes sense, I guess, because, while I was never really super sad, I was never really...happy. There was always something just kind of, well, off. You know what I mean? Anyway, I got held back a few years, for reasons I'd rather not talk about if that's okay. (OC: Plan to explain later, and I'll edit it in when I've revealed it.) Anyway, I learned pretty quick that people don't want to hang around the apathetic mope in the corner, so I started developing this persona you see now.

Something changed that last year, though. Suddenly I met Blair Davenport, and something in my brain finally clicked in place. We'd been neighbors for years, but neither one of us ever really gave much thought to one another till we were stuck in the same classes together. Soon, we became best friends, and through her, I met the rest of the group. For the first time, I actually felt like I belonged somewhere. I felt happy.

A few years back, I somehow wound up with a winning state lottery ticket. Not one of the Mega Millions Jackpots, just a few hundred grand. When this trip was proposed, I offered to cover it all. After all, these are my friends, right? If I don't spend it doing something with the people I care about, it'd just go to something stupid, like converting my hall closet into a giant liquor cabinet.

Important-Relationship-History:
Don't laugh, okay? I haven't really had a real relationship. I think the longest I've been with someone was 2 weeks, and that was over as soon as his spring break was over. I've always held a torch for Blair, though I'm not sure if she knows it or not. I'm hoping that I can tell her how I really feel while we're out there enjoying ourselves.

Family
Me and my parents...we don't talk. After I won the money, I moved out, and we haven't really spoke much since. They've got my little brother Kyle to focus on anyway. Let's change the subject, huh? Maybe I'll talk about it later, kay? (This is related to the mystery revelation coming later on)

John Delacourt Sr., Age 44, Living
Abigail Delacourt, Age 37, Living
Kyle Delacourt, Age 12, Living (adopted)

Crush
In case you completely missed it two sections above, I've got a major flame for Blair. Keep up, man!

Other
Every idiot should have a theme song, so here's mine!

Don't tell anyone, but I'm planning on serenading little Blair with it when I finally work up the courage to tell her how I feel.
!!! I love him! Accepted for sure!

TWO MALE SLOTS LEFT.
No one's reserved these characters

First Dibs Goes To:

@Nickboom
@Karakui
@DANAsaur

If they don't snatch up these spots before the end of sunday, second dibs goes to @Shattered♦Secrets™ and Myself, being as we currently have the only "OTHER" characters.

If we don't fill the spots it is then open to everyone else who's yet to put up a second character(must be opposite gender to first).

In the case no one does sign up's will open back up.

TWO FEMALE SLOTS PENDING APPROVAL.
the sheets pending are currently:
@Wonderful Thing
@Kurogane86

In the even they are not complete before sunday
first dibs go to:
@CynderTheDragoness

If they don't take it sheets, seconds dibs will go to those who have yet to put up a second character(must be opposite gender to first).

THREE TWO MALE SPOTS PENDING APPROVAL.
the sheets pending are currently:
@SugaarCereal
@Gateman
@The Mernsicle

First Dibs Goes To:

@Nickboom
@Karakui
@DANAsaur

If they don't snatch up these spots before the end of sunday, second dibs goes to @Shattered♦Secrets™ and Myself, being as we currently have the only "OTHER" characters.

If we don't fill the spots it is then open to everyone else who's yet to put up a second character(must be opposite gender to first).

In the case no one does sign up's will open back up.​
Now two male spots pending

!!! I love him! Accepted for sure!
I'm glad you do, I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a character you'd like, and kinda came up with Prototype Siegfried...

Also tossed in the lottery bit to explain how the group is planning to fund this trip, as well as give us some options in the future. After all, a wealthy benefactor is always useful...

I'm glad you do, I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a character you'd like, and kinda came up with Prototype Siegfried...

Also tossed in the lottery bit to explain how the group is planning to fund this trip, as well as give us some options in the future. After all, a wealthy benefactor is always useful...
I can certainly see some of Sieg in him!

And it definitely helps (much better then one of the kids stealing their parents credit card XD).

• Love
Reactions: Gateman
@Justaddnutts I'm assuming mine was a spacing issue as well. So fixed and ready.

*Eye Twitches* HAVE I MENTIONED I HATE IWAKU ALERTS! I wasnt pinged for literally any of the @Nickboom NONE OF THEM, and I didnt even know this thread got put up because the alerts didnt inform me of stuff...

Anyways, sorry for the delay, I'd love to reserve making a male character even if this week is horribly busy for me (Though luckily it's ending soon) if its not too much trouble that is, sorry for being so late on the draw here.

tumblr_miwm7pK6Pv1s6u180o1_500.jpg

Name
Ken Thornton
What a freak

Certainly doesn't act like one
Sexuality
Heterosexual
No one will ever love you
Debating
Relaxing
Learning New Things
Friends
Helping Out
Hurting
Dislikes
Idiots
Amoral People
Boredom
Being Told Off
Bullies

Important-Life-History
Ken has always been a bit of a loner, every since he was young he stuck largely to himself, finding solace in books and games rather then other children. It didnt help that in a way he was rather...odd, not having the same tastes as other children, actually enjoying school and wanting to learn more and more earned him the stereotypical title of "nerd". Bullies beget more bullies sadly and Ken always put up with it, never saying a word or really resisting, always telling himself they werent worth the effort, they'd amount to nothing in life. But his home life wasnt very easier either...but that's a story for another time, thinking about it brings bad memories back. All of his troubles compounded and made him the person he was, for most of Middle School he was largely depressed and just kept going on, telling himself it'd all be worth it in the long run, he was better then the rest and he'd show them all. Luckily his life did improve, even if it was just a bit, around High School, he had managed to get involved with a group of friends (ie The Ten) and got pretty close to them, he was cheerier and cheerier by the day! Even his situation at home was better, things were looking up.
Only took 15 years
Important-Relationship-History
It is literally no leap to say that Ken is living his life for The Ten, without them his disposition would havent improved and he would have remained on a dark path. This fact is not lost on him, he often does the best he can to prevent the start of drama in the group and always tries to help out the others. However, despite that he often feels "unworthy" to be in the group and withdraws himself away, staying quiet and not interacting too much, he doesnt want to bother his darling friends after all. If encouraged though he greatly opens up and can talk your damn ears off, which can make it even worse if someone tells him off when he thought he was making everyone have a good time. Regardless he cares deeply for all of his friends and would do anything to keep them safe and happy.
In other words useless
Family
Sam Thornton
(Mother-Alive)

Chris Thornton
(Father-Gone)

Did you really think he had anyone else?
Crush
Heather
All Female Friends, but is just more open to the idea if anyone asks him. He would never dare ask them out, what if they thought he was weird...they'd hate him all over again.
(To clarify, he basically is open to any of them, but thinks his chances for anyone are so low he doesnt bother.)

Other
Can't even die right
THEME!
Good Friends With John​

Last edited:
Reactions: MadKingJai™

Name
Ken Thornton
What a freak

Sexuality
Heterosexual
Debating
Relaxing
Learning New Things
Friends
Helping Out
Hurting
Dislikes
Idiots
Amoral People
Boredom
Being Told Off
Bullies

Important-Life-History
Ken has always been a bit of a loner, every since he was young he stuck largely to himself, finding solace in books and games rather then other children. It didnt help that in a way he was rather...odd, not having the same tastes as other children, actually enjoying school and wanting to learn more and more earned him the stereotypical title of "nerd". Bullies beget more bullies sadly and Ken always put up with it, never saying a word or really resisting, always telling himself they werent worth the effort, they'd amount to nothing in life. But his home life wasnt very easier either...but that's a story for another time, thinking about it brings bad memories back. All of his troubles compounded and made him the person he was, for most of Middle School he was largely depressed and just kept going on, telling himself it'd all be worth it in the long run, he was better then the rest and he'd show them all. Luckily his life did improve, even if it was just a bit, around High School, he had managed to get involved with a group of friends (ie The Ten) and got pretty close to them, he was cheerier and cheerier by the day! Even his situation at home was better, things were looking up.
Only took 15 years
It is literally no leap to say that Ken is living his life for The Ten, without them his disposition would havent improved and he would have remained on a dark path. This fact is not lost on him, he often does the best he can to prevent the start of drama in the group and always tries to help out the others. However, despite that he often feels "unworthy" to be in the group and withdraws himself away, staying quiet and not interacting too much, he doesnt want to bother his darling friends after all. If encouraged though he greatly opens up and can talk your damn ears off, which can make it even worse if someone tells him off when he thought he was making everyone have a good time. Regardless he cares deeply for all of his friends and would do anything to keep them safe and happy.
In other words useless
Family
Sam Thornton
(Mother-Alive)

Chris Thornton
(Father-Gone)

Crush
All Female Friends, but is just more open to the idea if anyone asks him. He would never dare ask them out, what if they thought he was weird...they'd hate him all over again.
(To clarify, he basically is open to any of them, but thinks his chances for anyone are so low he doesnt bother.)

Other
Can't even die right
THEME!​
I was thinking what if Ken and Heather had crushes on each other... Ken doesn't think Heather would ever be into him like that and Heather will think he just doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone XD, just soo much miscommunication could be fun.

• Love
Reactions: Waking Nights

Name
Ken Thornton
What a freak

Sexuality
Heterosexual
Debating
Relaxing
Learning New Things
Friends
Helping Out
Hurting
Dislikes
Idiots
Amoral People
Boredom
Being Told Off
Bullies

Important-Life-History
Only took 15 years
In other words useless
Family
Sam Thornton
(Mother-Alive)

Chris Thornton
(Father-Gone)

Crush

Other
Can't even die right
THEME!​
I like him, he'll get along well with John, who'll want to just bring him out of his shell and get him to enjoy life

I like that idea secrets!

Also thank you! I put a lot of effort into this character sheet! (It bares a few secrets if I do say so myself)

Can't wait to start this and will be updating my character in a few!

@Justaddnutts i just noticed that my character is listed under female. My character is a male.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Reactions: MadKingJai™
I cant wait to start this either, seems like it'll be a lot of fun and nice and interesting with a small group to prevent any conflict or drama! That being said I'm sure we can all agree that if there is a conflict of interests we can just talk it out in here instead of bickering? I know that's what I'm going to do ^.^

• Love
Reactions: Shayla
I cant wait to start this either, seems like it'll be a lot of fun and nice and interesting with a small group to prevent any conflict or drama! That being said I'm sure we can all agree that if there is a conflict of interests we can just talk it out in here instead of bickering? I know that's what I'm going to do ^.^
So glad to see someone has the same views as me upon this! Extremely and utterly excited to start. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Waking Nights
image.jpg
Name: Xavier Tate

Age: I guess I'd be one of the youngest members. I turned 18 a couple days before graduation.

Gender: While I'm not the most muscle bound guy, I clearly am still a male.

Sexuality: Up until junior year I hadn't really thought about this kind of thing. Anyone who is able to inspire me is acceptable.

Likes: Rain, Arts( mostly drawing things then painting them, but also photography), Inspirational things, calming musics, finding beauty in unexpected places, nature

Dislikes: censorship, expectations, stubborn/nosy people, hot weather, exercise, loud areas

Important-Life-History
When I was younger I was pushed to be the very best. My father, being the business mogul that he was and still is, saw fit to groom his only son into the perfect little successor. I excelled in all my studies and was renowned as something of a prodigy, but I didn't care about that. I just wanted my family to be proud of me. How naive I was. I was nothing but a glorified show dog. My father loved to show off his "genius" son. What a joke. Eventually I suppose I got fed up with all the pressure. I just...I dont know. I stopped doing my work, turned in blank tests, skipped class. The works. My father was furious, I didn't care. I'd stopped caring...about anything. My mother saw that, she understood that I'd lost my will to please my father. Without that, I was passionless. She suggested that I find something, a hobby, a sport, anything. That was around the time I started drawing and then painting. I absolutely fell for the craft. I never had an emotional outlet before this time. I never knew what it was like to pour your emotions , positive or negative, your heart and soul into something and then see the results. It was therapeutic. Rarely was I seen without some kind of sketchpad or pen. My father, of course, didn't like his son pursuing such things but he kept quiet about it. He wouldn't go against my mother, plus he saw that since I started painting my grades had improved exponentially.

My mother's death added further strain on a house that was already compromised. She was the light that bound us all together. We could forget all our dysfunction if only she was around. You know, in times of tragedy people love a scapegoat, a red herring. For my father and sister, that was me. If it wasn't for my wretched art, then she'd still be alive, they claimed. For a long time, I believed it. After that life became meaningless and grey. I'd...really rather not talk about those times.

It's funny actually. I'd never have met everyone if I hadn't purposely bombed the entrance exam to some elitist highschool, that my father wanted me to go to. One of our more pushy members practically forced me into the little clique. We were in the same art class during fresh. They'd liked my portrait of them so much that they insisted on me meeting their friends. I really hadn't expected to get along with everyone as much as I did. Now it's nearly the end.

I've never been in a romantic relationship before. Then again, I didn't have any real friends until highschool.
[A/N: I plan on having his crush be the one that introduced him to the group. Whomever that might be.]

Richard
My father and I are more business associates than anything. I keep my grades up and he's happy. He doesn't comment on my art, and I'm happy. Win-win, I guess.

Jennifer
My mom was the center of my universe when she lived, and when she died that universe collapsed in on itself.

Jenna
Our relationship is uncomfortable at best. She blamed and shunned me when mom died. Now, I believe, she feels guilty about it. Whenever we interact it's as if we're strangers trying to relate in someway. It's a shame, we were once close.

Family:
Can we really be called this anymore?

Richard Tate, father, 52, Living
[spoili]image.jpg[/spoili]
Jennifer Tate, mother, 48, Desceased
[spoili]image.jpg [/spoili]
Jenna Tate, sister, 25, Living
[spoili]image.jpg[/spoili]

Crush
Open~ probably should be someone with a sunny, if not pushy, disposition ( that's his type)
Let me know if you're interested

Other
Xavier has his own secrets unknown to the group.
He's yet to tell his hid full life story to anyone really. Most the members only know bits and pieces of the tale.​

Last edited by a moderator:
@SugaarCereal ~ Just thought I'd say I can't see your pic and didn't want that to have to be an issue when Nutts checked it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.