The Circle City Chronicles-THe banishing League O.A.T.

Cal sighs and stands next to the group idly the swords point placed into the ground and leaning on it like a cane not really needing it as such but out of boredom.
"I was figureing we could tie it up with they whip there and ride it out to where gotta go." He glances around at the arrayed group expecting stares of how nuts he was." It could work."

Miranth struggled slightly as Sato was pulling her away from the demon. The closer he was to her, the more damage her spell would do. She stood there with the rest of the witches looking grumpy as Sato started to explain his plan, she could see how it would work and smilled evilly.

"Sure thing Sato, that souldnt be a problem, except that we dont know what is inside that beast, and the resulting fire from Hiaril's spells could actually make it explode, and we wouldn't be able to gauge how large the blast will be. I dont know about you, but in case of that, I dont feel like being skewered by large chunks of ice today." She looked over at Hiaril. "And that was NOTHING against your spell casting abilities, it's just that since we dont know what kind of specialized acid is in it's stomach..." She shrugged "you get the idea."

Hiaril and Nero were both in a state of mild shock, Someone from the Urzallis unit merely eaten? Granted, he was standing before them, however the two looked upon the beast with new understanding devoid of hope to defeat this infernal thing.

Without much thought however Hiaril released another arrow of thought at the beast, this thought being 3 letters, ICE silently watching it speed along to strike at the center of the beast, at first it seemed nothing happened, but then the area of flesh that was hit began to glitter, a fine layer of ice was firmly connected to the beasts skin. Encouraged by this she quickly sent the same thought at the beast aimed in varying places watching for it to strike.

Nero however watching from Hiaril's side saw the flashing appendage rushing towards them "MOVE!!!" he yelled as he grabbed Hiaril by the back of her armor and tugged her back to saftey leaving the others to their reflexes

"MOVE!!" Nero yelled. seconds later, teh infernal beast rushed ontot eh shore, burstign up throguth eh water to reveal a logn snake-like body with viel tentacles every three or four feet on its body. it snapped at each of the slayers and witches in turn. missign each of them as it let out a belch of grunts and cough, each head communicatign with the other. the ice seemed to dull its sensed momentarily, but an internal heat blasted the icy patches back to normal in seconds.

-THE BATTLE HAS TRULY BEGUN-

"YIPE!" phersephone gasped, dodging the bite fromt eh head.. btu barely. she rolled tot eh side, bumpign into cid's leg and stood up, puttign up a witches circle barrier infront fo them as the next head struck at Cid and her.

"Ride THAT thing? It's a rank B Demo AT LEAST. I'm surprised the damn thign doesnt speak english!" She yelled at him, throwing the witches barrier like a frisbee. it knocked off a whisker of flesh from one of the things mouths.

Instantly the head went berserk, twitching and screeching as it began to thrash its head. several tentacley appendages quivered before the two heads next to it attacked the one freaking out. they tore the head from its necka dn flung it into heap int eh water.

And then the freaky stuff started. slowly the head regrew sinews and cartilege. slowly its eyes assambled, its teeth and then its whiskers.

The eigth heads laughed in a broken hissy throaty sound at the amaranth soldiers.

Sato was worried. No one is working together. I think that the only way to defeat this demon is to get a plan. Sato had to think of something that might work while he thought of another plan that everyone could at least agree with. I didn't want to do this yet but it may have to happen.
Sato looked at Persephone and yelled, "Hey, Persephone, I think that we are going to take a quick desperate measure and have you eat the damn thing. What do you need to get that done?" Sato looked at everyone else, "Does anyone have any other plans that we could use as back up?"

Miranth stared in disbelief as the demon regrew its head. That was NOT supposed to happen. It's like they were all sucked into greek mythology, except this hydra was in the water. "Oh dear Creators, that has to be a bad thing. Sato, what do you want me to do?" Miranth had heard him ask Persephone about eating it, and Miranth just wanted to get rid of this now, so she really didnt care how discusting that was.

"I want you to try and keep that thing down. I want enough electricity in that thing to power several cities. Keep it busy or at least immobilized." Sato said to Miranth. Sato just hoped that keeping it paralyzed would buy them sometime. Something, Anything.

"Gotcha boss." Miranth nodded and stepped back to the edge of the water. She knew this would be a dangerous spot, but she was sure she could keep it down with enough power that it wouldnt be a problem. She rubbed her hands together, knelt down and shoved them into the water. Concentrating Miranth forced all the energy inside her body out and into the water, the electricity was her best bet. She had studied the power of electricity thoroughly and knew that every living thing on the planet used a form of it to stay alive, it was what powered the brain, heart, and other organs in humans, plants used it to help move their energy sources, and they also conducted it. She sent out tendrils of her magick into the water, feeling for all the life-forms that lived in it, there she found water plants, fish, small crustaceans, and the demon, yes, the demon even had some form of electricity. She let her magick splinter, taking the energy of anything it touched to be converted into pure raw electricity. Soon the surface of the water was again blue with unused static discharge. Miranth pulled all of that towards her and using the water as a conduit set it as a net spanning one hundred feet wide by eighty feet tall, the electric ropes that made up the net this time could be heard buzzing louder than an electric company's high voltage areas. She picked up the net and laid it onto the demon, the near edge almost touching the shore still as she stood there still with her hands in the water, controlling the electricity.

"Wait, what if we cauterize the wound when we cut a head off? it wouldn't be able to regrow it's then right?" Nero pointed out while taking a closer look at the beast.

"Or Freeze it!" Phersephone smiled, running at the thing. " Slayers, On me. you cut off a head, I can freeze it!" she smiled wickedly.

Meanwhile, Miranth's net entangled the body, trapping it as the heads tried desperately to chew through the electric net. "Miranth, Tighten the elctricity until its tangible so we caan walk on it!" she yelled, running ontop of the water, a witch circle shining underneath each of her stepes, she woudl throws circles at teh feet of all the slayers who helped ehr rush the thing, Mystical stepping stones that slowly arched upwards as they all attached.

" I LIKE THIS PLAN!" Miranth Yelled out, giggling.

Miranth stepped a little fatther into the water, if she was going to do this, then she didnt want to be grounded, once she was waist deep, and just barely out of reach of the netted demon the waters energy pulled more life electricity out of its depths and into her spell. It only took about a minute but soon the net's rope like sections were large enough to stand on firmly. It took a lot of her energy and concentration to do, but she was able to do it.
"Alright guys, Hiaril, and Persephone, you had all better make this a quick one, cuz I havent done a net this big yet, and i dont know how long I can keep it going!"

Sato very much approved of this plan. Why didn't I think of this. Man I was too busy trying to figure out how to kill it fast and not how to immobilize it.

"Everybody lets make it count, we do not want to waste any energy." Sato yelled smiling as he ran up the magic steps. On of the demon's heads saw him and lunged forward. Sato saw through his peripherals what the head was attempting. He let it get too close for comfort and instantly side kicked it in the nose. The slayer used the spring in the kick to bounce up above the head and with a fluid motion chopped through the neck with ease.

Before he could fall, Sato landed on the severed head that was currently in midair and jumped to the next. "There, that's one. Stop it from growing. I am going to get the next one." Sato said half way through the jumped. When he landed his broken right leg seared with pain and buckled from under him making him lose his landing. Ah this freaking leg. He thought. Sato stabbed Blood Fang into the neck where he was falling from and hung there taking a few moments to figure out the best way to swing himself back up.

Cal rolling his eyes and following Sato's lead. Better then my plan I suppose there could be hope for these guys yet. Leaping onto one and heand and with one swipe from his broad blade he decapitates it going from the oppsite direction of Sato. Moving quickly he takes the next head as well his wounds showing no sign of slowing him "Well I suppose I've worse things in my time....Are you sure this will work?"

Persephone giggled a little. " MY Turn!" She said. she moved up the static lines of electricity. her boots crackled as she ran for the metal in between the plates of rubber on the soles.

She flung another witch circle onto the severed neck, lettign it burn its icy powers nice and slow and then threw another one ( a little close for comofrt) past Cal's face and sealed the second head.

The scorchgin frost began to freeze teh flesh unrepairably at a steady pace, but she had to watch them, pourign power into them inch by painfully slow onch. tiem was of the essence here, and she really wished she had a mroe effective way of castign than her witches circles.

The space left by the two heads falling intot he water left an openign for the remaining heads to move freely. already Miranth's net was giving way.

Miranth had to adjust the voltage everytime one of the witches or slayers stepped onto the net, they werent safe for human use. Slowly though, it was draining her energy, with everyone crawling over it and the demon's thrashing. She was having to let go of her other sources of energy one by one to keep from frying them too. Her nerves would heal, but a large fish or water fowl might not.

"Sato, sir, GUYS!!! You all gotta finish this quicker. I cant protect you from the voltage anymore!" Miranth was getting weaker by the second, and if they didnt hurry up, they would be the one's being crispy.

Nero's claws weren't big enough to cut an entire head off, he knew this, so the entire time the others were dealing with the heads Nero was keeping the other heads at bay. As a rogue tentacle would come on a trajectory to do harm to one of the others Nero would manage to deflect it. Keeping the others safe from outlying harm.

Meanwhile Hiaril had been sending multiple arrows of thought each bearing the freezing effects of ice, soon turning the area near the shore into a field of flat icebergs because of the monsters consistent thrashing. After this happened Hiaril jumped into the fray, going from iceberg to iceberg to help with Nero's defence.

It was with urgency however that when the warning went out to hurry up or be shocked that Nero quickly yelled "FINISH UP THE LAST OF THESE DAM HEADS THEN GET TO THE ICE!" as he jumped onto a 'berg after batting away a stray tentacle.

The fiend was getting frantic now, thrashing wildly that both Nero and Hiaril were hard pressed to keep the group from getting knocked away.

"Sato, C'mon!" persephne yelled, throwing a witches circle beneath him that launched him back up, through the net, just in time. The remaininheads roared, plotting something sinister...

Sato thought of only one thing he could do at the moment while he was hanging there. He lifted himself up and let himself drop. Blood Fang cut a little more. Finally after a few sets of lifting and dropping Sato cut through the beast's head. Only a few more to be cut off. Time for the most extreme of internal arts I didn't want to use this much energy yet but it cannot be helped, Sato thought. He gathered all his Chi in his Tan Tien.
Sato launched himself towards the other heads and in to slashes two heads fell to the water. He landed upon the net that was giving way and had to kneel. Damn that took a lot more energy than expected. "Who will be getting the last three heads?"

Already Miranth's net was failing. She was trying to contain it to the damaged areas so that the still volatile heads wouldn't be able to attack, but all the sections of the net were weakening, along with her and what she was using as an energy source. Unless she switched sources, she would only have another two minutes left in this net. It was so much larger than anything she had cast before or had even needed to cast. For her instructors, a demon this size didnt exist, it would be a first as soon as she could report it.

"Sato, Persephone, everyone, you have less than two minutes before the net fails and either the demon breaks loose, or you guys are subject to the high voltage it puts off! Hurry up!" SHe was panting from exhaustion as she spoke. Persephone and Hiaril might understand, but the slayers wouldn't, they didnt need this much energy to power their weapons.

Frowns slightly still noteing the others not really acknowlegdeing him. Fine I'll give them something to think about. His weapon and hand suddenly start to blur as he pours power into it. "I'll finish this up nice and quick," He sprints off the next and leaps on to the next one his sword makeing an imprentrable sheet of power between him and the beast as he moves it sliceing through the last few heads and standing on the stump of the last. "Okay finish this up I think this what you wanted to do..." he smiles slightly resting the great sword on his shoulder. This battle took what 15 minutes total?Not bad for some new kids to this kind off party.