The Circle City Chronicles-THe banishing League O.A.T.

"wow..." Phersephone stared past at Sato. " mayeb i shoudl stop trygin to piss of the help eh?" she giggled playfully.

Phersephone held ne ill will to anyone, but she had her quarks, and beign treated like an abomination made her.. well... oddly strong in all the right ways, but detached from how to actualyl use that strength in a social environment.

I must be irritable because i didn't get my 2 hours of meditation, Sato thought. He decided to apologize to the witches when they got in the truck and he would wait for them if he must. He turned off the radio and began to meditate to try and get some time in. Oh master what do i do. I do not think that I have ever been put in this situation before. And so sato waited thinking about the people he was with and the newest of his missions waiting to see how life unfolded this time.

"Hey, runt. what are you up to?" came a familiar voice.. it was Officer Bliith on his horse.

"Your team is takgin off so soon." he asked. that demonic eye starign into sato's soul ever so slightly.

Sato opened his eyes. not even five minutes. so tired. "Yes sir. We decided that if we got there sooner the sooner we would have it completed. Though that may be true to a point, it will still be the same mission no matter when we go. I'm just in here trying to catch up on meditation still." Sato said to the commanding officer while chuckling a bit. He was a little unnerved with the look Blith had in his eye when looking at him, but he had nothing to hide, Let him look all he wants at what ever he wants I will not run away or back down. Plus if he wants to know anything let him ask I will answer. "Is there any information besides what is in the letter that you can give us about this mission, sir?"

"I don't envy you, Sato." he smiled wickedly. " These missions are SHIT. nobody wants em, but they need doen even more than hte everyday rigamaroll. I'd do it myself if amaranth let me and my team go. but truth is, they are trygint o keep these instances out of the public eye." he reared his horse gently, stretching and layign on its back , takgin a piece fo jerky out and tossign one to sato.

"You're the only one i trust out here... you take your job seriously, i i've seen the paperwork to prove it. you do good work.. so watch that persephone wench... Watch her closely." he said, sighign and lookgi up tot eh sky. " Better put that canvas roof up.. looks like rain." he added. his evil eye was disconcerned with what he looked at, it still stared at sato. he blinked it and smacked the side of his head.

"Damn eye." he grumbled.

Sato caught the jerky and began chewing on it slowly so to savor it. Who knows when the next meal is. "Excuse me for asking sir, but why is your one eye looking at me? It is a bit unnerving to say the least, not trying to be offensive." Sato thought for a bit on weather to ask his next question but came to the conclusion that there was no harm in doing so, "Were we requested to be here by a specific person or did we just happen to win some backwards lottery?"

Sato looked up at the officer waiting for his response, which could be never or instantly and could come in a variety of different 'Flavors.' While waiting Sato was inspecting this man and wondering if he could be the one that led him to the Amaranth in the first place. That hunter that a year and half to two years Sato came upon destroying a demon. HE hadn't seen the hunter around since then. The one thing that puzzled him most is the fact that he didn't see a witch that day.

Zorin smiled, holdin gup his arm. from his sleeve sprouted a short, balck crystaline blade.

"Shit happens.. when you go solo." he said, chuckling and hittinig the horse on the ribs,. the mechanical thing reared back and Bliith chuckled maniacly, spurring onwards and back to circle city.

"Happy hunting!" he yelled behind his shoulder.

I think that he totally just avoided my questions, Sato chuckled a bit.

"Hey guys, lets get hunting these badies. We may not even need to capture them if the are just a blight." Sato yelled at the group he was waiting on.

Nero waited for Hiaril to get close then said to her "Pissin off the newbie eh?"

"You know it, anyways what do we got for us this time? Also why were we called away from our zone?" Hiaril replied with a cool tone, while stopping a the table to see Nero packing up the last of the information and leaving on the table for Persephone to grab whilst she and Nero walked out into the hall.

"Not sure yet, seems that spirits are popping up in all sorts of undesirable place. Why we were called away I do not know, but why our new teammate wants to leave so soon I cannot fathom, I'm sure we could all use another hour or 2 of some decent shuteye." He replied back now just in the hall. "Besides the sooner we get this done, the sooner we get back to the silent forest and plains of our zone."

"Well if you need some more sleep that can be arranged." Hiaril replied with a mischievous grin, "Not sure what our moody little newbie will think of it though, by the way can he even drive?" She finished as they were nearing the kitchen.

"I dont think we need him mad right now, anyways eat some breakfast i'll grab our packs and meet ya at the truck right quick." Nero said as he veered off towards his room disappearing for a moment before reemerging with a small pack in his hands before heading towards Hiaril's room....

I hope these guys know I do not know how to drive. Sato thought to himself as he opened the door to the driver seat and climbed into the back.

How convenient the back seat is perfect length for iron bar meditation. He lay down closed his eyes and began to breath. He first concentrated on his breathing, eight seconds in hold for four and eight seconds out. After two times of thinking that he got the rythm down to where he need not count. Finally his sequence began, First the blood flow, slow the heart. Next relax the muscles. Now the tendons. To the bones soften and relax, slow marrow production. And finally open the brain one hundred percent and reach for higher planes of peace and tranquility.

To one who is not accustomed to this type of meditation or does not know Sato it would seem that he is dead.

Persephone followed everyone else to the truck and climbed int eh driver seat. " mm maybe he just needs layed." she said, giggling as she started the truck, following the roads tot eh dock and the ferry that awaited them. Halfway there the sun started to peek up over the horizon.

(short post due to epic scenage comign soon!)

The bright sun shown in Sato's eyes telling him that he had gotten enough meditation. He rose bringing all normal functions back to regular speed and tension.

"Ms. Persephone, I need not to get laid as you so eloquently stated," Sato had said as he sat up right and began to unwrinkle his clothes, "I just needed to finish my mediation and form of rest." He turned to Hiaril, "I do apologize for my comment back at the base, miss. It was quite uncalled for."

Now that he was caught up in rest he began to feel his brain working right again. This mission should not be too much of a bother now.

Back at headquarters Miranth was walking up to the dispach center. She had been interrupted from her training by a middle-aged secretary saying that they finally had an assignment for her. Sure, she was happy to have the assignment, but...still, couldnt they just wake her up or leave a note or something, just NOT in the middle of her training.

She entered the office and was greeted by a short balding man.
"Good morning Ms. Miranth. If you'll just follow me, I'll give you all your information." he worked his way through the spacious area cramped with too many desks all the way to the back where he opened a door and motioned her inside.
"Alright Mr. just go ahead and give me the docket and let me get back to my training." She said,not hiding her annoyance.
"Oh, alright Miranth, but you wont be going back to training, after you recieve your assignment a transport will arrive to take you to the location of your slayer." THe man handed her a small packet of papers. Miranth grabbed it and started to flip through it.
"Wait, the island dude, you cant be serious, i was trained for more high profile spirits, this is bull."
"Well, Ms. there are a large number of water spirits and most of them arent anything to laugh at, besides,if you notice slayer Sato needs TWO witches, and with your elemental power of electricity, water is just perfect." with that he ushered her out of the room and down to the waiting transport.

Nero and Hiaril simply sat in the back of the transport the entire time away from the other two, and across from each other quietly talking tactics and exchanging the information on the upcoming mission as they drove to the pickup point for at least one of the other members.

So it shouldn't have been much of a surprise when Hiaril didn't even notice Sato's apology and continued talking quietly.

It was merely when the truck abruptly stopped did the two take notice and remember that they were going to be working as a group with others. So to stretch their legs, and to size up their new group member they got out of the troop transport from the back hatch, and merely waited silently, looking at their surroundings in the middle of nowhere...

"This is the meeting spot?"Asked Nero as he yelled up front to Persephone

Sato did not get upset at the witch not acknowledging his apology. He had tried and if she would not forgive him or would not acknowledge him that was her problem.

Sato grabbed Blood Fang while he jumped from the back of the truck and stood close to the others waiting to get on the ferry. "Rather I think that the ferry is the meeting point. That is just my guess though." He said point towards the docks. The rookie hunter pulled his sword from its scabbard. He looked down the flexible blade and began to check weight and balance with a thrust here, a chop there, and adding in some cuts and slashes.

Miranth watched as the city scenery flew by her to be replaced with that of the great outdoors. She sat in the transport looking between the file and the great expanse of nothingness that flowed out in front of her.
"Great, not only do I have to be stuck with this ridiculous mission, it has to be in the middle of nowhere. Besides, this doesnt sound like a job that even needs witches. And who the hell is Sato?" Miranth sat back in her seat thinking, she had never left the city, let alone the building the corporation was housed in. She had seen so many slayers and witches come and go through training, but not him, or if she did he was unremarkable and she simply didnt feel the need to remember him.

In the back of the transport minutes seemed to crawl like hours, even at the incredible speed her driver was going. Turning her head back to the window she could see some sort of operations base ahead and a transport truck idling out in front. The driver must have noticed the truck as well because he hit the accelerator. The transport pulled up infront of the idling truck and the driver motioned to Miranth that this was her stop. Picking up her file and her whip she exited the vehicle and walked over to the cab of the truck.
"Excuse me, but which one of you is Slayer Sato?" Miranth asked caustically, her eyes seeming to bore a hole in everyone there.

Sato stopped what he was doing and seathed Blood Fang. "If you have to ask then you did not do enough information gathering, therefore whomever Sato is may not wish to answer the question you have presented." Sato eyed the woman. He only gave his name to those who he absolutly needed to know such as the commanding officer. Now that he thought about it he had not given out his name to anyone here, not official anyways.
Great another witch the slayers have to deal with. He thought as he stood there looking at the new girl.

Miranth smiled at the man who answered her question as she handed him the file.
"Well, then, you must be Sato, your file says that youre very arrogant and dislike to be disturbed. I'm MIranth, and I'm YOUR witch." Her voice was filled with honey until she said 'YOUR witch' when the smooth honey became filled with poison.
"But, unfortunately it didnt come with a picture, and it didnt mention that you are rude and have a sour reputation."

"I am sorry for being rude. It has been an odd occurrence today. I am going to attribute it to lack of rest and being caught off guard with witches as well as being fed up with some of them. Again I apologize, but sometimes there are people that know my name that do not want to be my friends." Sato smiled at her and bowed low. "May I ask where you even heard of my reputation?"

Miranth looked up into the cab of the transport and genuinely smiled at Sato.
"I accept your apology, and I apologize for catching you of guard today. Yet I can assure you that I am like no witch you have ever met before. As for your reputation, well, I only have your file here, and unfortunately they didnt give me much to go on. I guess that just means that you'll have to fill me in as we go along. I'm sure that we will have and interesting working relationship, Slayer Sato. And I can see why they didn't give me a photograph, otherwise I may have not complained as much. The look in your eyes says that you know what youre doing, despite the lack of experience."
Miranth climbed up to the cab of the truck.
"Slayer Sato, I look forward to this mission, you'll also have to fill me in on where we're going and what we're hunting today. Permission to climb aboard, boss?"