The Chronicles Of The Titans: The Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright as already discussed with Hillan, scrapping my old character due to the reasoning of too easily becoming OP.

So here's my new character. Kind of a W.I.P. but mostly complete at this point.

• | NAME: |
    Adalyn Quinn Sullivan​

| ALIAS(ES): |
    'Quinn'
    The Impervious Andraste
    Andraste, the Bulletproof Lass
    Gangster Girl

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    'Little Italy', Gotham, New Jersey, U.S.A.​

| NATIONALITY: |
    American/Caucasian​

| D.O.B. |
    July 1, 1997​

| AGE: |
    17​

| SEX: |
    F​

| SEXUALITY: |
    Hetero​

| HEIGHT: |
    5'-9"​

| BUILD: |
    Slender and Toned​

| WEIGHT: |
    115lbs​

| EYES: |
    Green​

| HAIR: |
    Vibrant Red​
  • | ABILITIES: |
    Quinn possesses superhuman strength and stamina, and has extremely dense skin and muscle tissue which render her highly resistant to physical injury. Quinn possesses these abilities as a result of a metahuman ability that manifested itself after a childhood of abuse. This metagene fortified the various tissues of her body, the increased density enhancing and strengthening her muscle mass which in turn boosted her stamina as well. Quinn's skin can resist bullets, puncture wounds, corrosives, extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining damage. As Quinn continues to grow and trains her ability, her strength and durability levels will increase.

Furthermore, Quinn's metagene has also granted her a faster than normal recovery time from injury. This healing factor is the last of her abilities to emerge and as such is just blossoming and has a long way to go before it reaches maturity. It should be noted that most of Quinn's abilities are only in their developing stage and that they still have a long way to go. Please refer to Limitations below.

Lastly if in a state of high stress or enraged, Quinn kicks into a high adrenaline mood or 'Blood Wrath' which doubles her current power levels for roughly twenty to thirty minutes or until knocked unconcious. Upon exiting this 'Blood Wrath', Quinn is left weakened at half of her normal power or less and considerably drained of stamina. Her power levels will only return to normal upon Quinn allowing her body to rest and refuel for what's roughly equal to an eight hour sleep.​

| LIMITATIONS: |
    As of the start of the RP, Quinn's bones are nearly unbreakable allowing her to withstand impact from a vehicle travelling at speeds of fifty miles per hour or falls of over eight stories. However falls which achieve terminal velocity will shatter her bones as well as vehicles travelling at speeds over fifty miles per hour. High caliber weapons will certainly break through her skin where as small arms fire like handguns only leave behind bruising.​

| WEAKNESSES: |
    Naturally Quinn's greatest weakness is anything that can break through her natural defences. Further more exhaustion will cause Quinn's power levels to greatly deplete. While her skin protects her from numerous forms of physical attacks, Quinn is weak against psychic assaults and magical attacks. Lastly she relies upon her strength and durability to give her an edge in combat and lacks any true martial training. If Quinn were matched for strength she would likely lose the fight.​

| APPLICATIONS: |
  • | HISTORY |
    Born in Gotham City, Adalyn Quinn Sullivan was raised among the Sullivan Crime Family. The Sullivan's lived within 'Little Italy' a community within Gotham not far from both the infamous Crime Alley and Old Gotham. The Sullivan Crime Family was generally employed by the crime lord Carmine Falcone and his mafia. Adalyn, or Quinn as she prefers, was raised learning the ins and outs of the world of organized crime with her father especially pushing for her to take a place on day among the family. However Quinn would have nothing to do with it which brought her into conflict with her father constantly. This eventually escalated to her father becoming physical with her, the stress of which would eventually cause her metagene to surface.​

• | [CHARACTER NAME] |
    |
    [IMPRESSION] |
    |
    [RELATIONSHIP] |
    |
    [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

I am going to keep my eye on this and see if I'll decide to join depending on interest and rp roster

The problem with re-writing previously-unconquered concepts is that they never have character histories that I can draw from to avoid writing a whole new one.

Ugh. My life is so hard.

Okay I've bulletpointed a basic history and I'll finish it later on this week. But for now, sheet:

• | NAME: |
    Jack Oaken

| ALIAS(ES): |
    Johnny Fistfight

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Gotham, the Narrows

American

| D.O.B. |
    3rd June, 1995

Male

Heterosexual

5'10"

Lean

12lbs

Hazel

Brown

Jack's ability is best summed up as thus: the longer he fights, or remains in a fight, the stronger, faster, more durable, and generally better he gets at fighting. This progresses from simply being able to take more blows and deliver his own faster, to becoming near-unstoppable, able to see opponents actions before they have even made the decision to move, and withstanding attacks that would otherwise literally snap him in half. This power is caused by an abnormal mutation in both his muscle fibre and his adrenaline that allow the latter to bond with the former in ways that enhance the functions of both to peak human levels and then beyond into superhuman territory.

| LIMITATIONS: |
    Obviously, Jack's power is of no use outside of a combat situation - and even then, Jack must engage in a melee situation to begin activating his power. Beyond that baseline limit, Jack also has no way to self-activate his ability, disallowing him from becoming faster and more durable in situations other than combat where such characteristics may be advantageous to him. His power also takes time to ramp up to its full potential - for the first few minutes of a fight, he's only as capable as he has trained himself to be, and it takes considerably more time of remaining in engagement to reach his full, near-invulnerable capacity.

| WEAKNESSES: |
    Jack's power is good for one thing - fighting. Outside of that, Jack is nothing but a young, scrawny boy, untrained, un-toned, and inexperienced. He needs to survive in a fight long enough to activate his power before he begins to be capable of holding his own, and he has no way to preemptively begin his progression. Jack's power also applies to melee combat - at range, he loses, no questions. Guns and other ranged warfare can remove him from the equation before he even gets the chance to start becoming a threat, and he is well aware how mortal his non-powered form is. Finally, his power shuts off as soon as Jack runs out of opponents, and he quickly loses his passive advantages and his body becomes exhausted - so once a fight is finished, Jack needs to leave the area quickly, lest he be picked off by stragglers.

| APPLICATIONS: |
    Jack's ability is obviously at its most useful when he launches himself into the middle of a fight, able to slug it out and slowly become more and more powerful until he completely cleans the area of all threats. However, as his ability is caused by the adrenaline surge from a fight-or-flight response, Jack can allow his power to activate, ramp up, and then use his enhanced physical prowess to escape quickly and sustaining only minimal harm.
  • | HISTORY |
    -Born in the Narrows to a single mother
    -Scrawny child, picked on in public school
    -Was unaware of mutation, but adrenaline affected him from a young age, causing strange episodes similar to panic-attacks, giving him intense shakes, a racing heart beat, and forcing his perception of the world to grow rapid and twitchy, while still processing information.
    -At this age, he was never in a fight long enough to truly experience the benefits his power afforded him, but he grew a small reputation for being twitchy and difficult to bruise - slowly, he was left alone.
    -Got his first taste of his meta-human status at eighteen walking home from his job - jumped by a mugger, they scuffled, and Jack found himself stronger and faster than he knew he was, fighting off the attacker. He was unsure what had happened to him, but in the afterglow of the adrenaline, he knew that he liked it.
    -A few weeks after, he was jumped again by the same mugger and dragged into an alley - the mugger, a low-level crime family thug, had been shamed by his previous defeat, and this had brought others to murder Jack and regain some face. Jack was severely beaten for a few minutes, trying to fight back - and then his power truly kicked in for the first time in his life. Jack stopped feeling their blows and the pain, and started seeing them coming instead, blocking or dodging with ease, counter-attacking with force enough to lift the men off the floor. He beat them, one by one, leaving them bloodied and broken, Jack himself sporting cuts and bruises and fractured bones.
    -Jack ran home, quick thanks to the leftover adrenaline. He locked himself in his room for the night, terrified, delighted, exhausted - and then passed out, sleeping through the following day.
    -After that, Jack sought out street fights, enjoying the adrenaline, although word was passing through the underbelly of Gotham that there was a strange boy who couldn't be beaten in a fight. He was jumped a couple times, by men holding knives and pipes and tazers, but every time he gave as good as he got - and now, he's watched warily by the thugs of the Narrows.
    -Jack's reputation since then has spread through his borough of the Narrows, but little beyond that - but Jack knows that he's capable of fighting back against the thugs that plague Gotham's veins beyond the ghetto strip he calls home, and he's more than eager to start.

• -Only child, lives and works in the Narrows.
    -High school education.
    -Knows about his abilities, but not why, what, or how to use it - he just knows that he wins fights.
    -Slightly addicted to his own adrenaline, starting to develop a small amount of bloodlust.
    -Has begun to use his pay to attend a gym, hoping to develop his muscles and train himself in combat techniques.
    -Great interest in chemistry and biology due to curiosity about his own peculiar body.
    -Dreams of joining the GCPD.

• | [CHARACTER NAME] |
    |
    [IMPRESSION] |
    |
    [RELATIONSHIP] |
    |

"Johnny Fistfight"
So help you god he better sound like a fast-talkin' noir movie character.

Let me watch a couple noir films first, and then I'll see what I can do.

• ZlnPU.jpg

| NAME: | Eric Jones

| ALIAS(ES): | Plague

| PLACE OF BIRTH: | New York City, New York

African American

| D.O.B. |
    8;/18/1992

Male

Pansexual

6'4

Muscular, but not too much (he's not a bodybuilder)

180 lbs

Black

Black, shaved on the sides

He can make people sick, with illnesses from sneezing to things like the black Death or Ebola. While some diseases take some time to kill someone, his diseases are sped up, and can kill almost immediately if used correctly.

| LIMITATIONS: | He cannot use his powers continuously for a long period of time, or too extensively. It takes a tremendous amount of concentration to use any ailment more serious than vomiting. A serious plague would leave him convulsing for a very long while, leaving him open to attack.

| WEAKNESSES: | If used too extensively or when using a major sickness, there is a chance he can catch it as well (He is usually immune to all illnesses, but when his powers are drained he is vulnerable like any other human being). He will begin to shake uncontrollably, (Hence his seizures) from using his powers. It is a side effect of his powers and this vulnerability can be taken advantage of.

| APPLICATIONS: | His powers are mostly used offensively. He will get people sick as his attack, but it can be used as a defense mechanism.
  • | Eric is your average guy. Born in Albert Einstein Hospital in the New York City, he had lived in the Bronx his entire life. He has two younger brothers, Jared and Christopher. His father isn't around, and his brothers are the product of his step dad and his mom. He discovered his sexuality when he was 13, but decided no to come out until he was 18. He loved playing soccer and his dream had been to win the World Cup someday. He went to college briefly, but soon flunked out and had worked at Burger King. That is, until he discovered his powers. When he learned of his new abilities, he decided to be a vigilante. He thought it would be cool to be like Batman or the Ninja Turtles or something. He decided he would 'Clean up this city and for good'. He nearly had his ass handed to him when he tried to stop a gang shootout, and was rightly knocked up when he attempted to stop a stick up, in which the shopkeeper ended up dead, and it was all his fault. Despite this, he still grid to take down a drug cartel. However, the powerful kingpin threatened to kill Eric's family unless he left New York forever. Forced to leave or have his families' death on his hands, he fled. His family thinks he is now dead.

• Claustrophobic, allergic to seafood, raw vegetables, fruit. He has a biohazard symbol tattooed on his chest, its partially covered by his shirt.

• | [CHARACTER NAME] |
    |
    [IMPRESSION] |
    |
    [RELATIONSHIP] | None
    |

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Super Ranger is the only one who could really be considered a superhero from the start....

I'm not sure how I feel about that......

Twa's the point. Nobody's gonna be putting on Spandex from the start, lol. Supa' Ranger might be the only one who's in the superhero game willingly. Everyone else feels it's something they "should" do. And then Archer, who's forced.

Oh, and Eric Jones is declined, we already have a mind-related power dude.

Roman and JDH are both accepted, and as it looks, Wraith is pulling out of the RP, sadly.

I'll have the IC up sometime during this weekend.

Yes unfortunately between school and work I find myself at both a loss of time and energy meaning I therefore have to not only pull out but I'm going to be taking a hiatus from RPing for a bit.

You'll be missed pal, take care and so forth.

Working on IC at the moment, should be up by tomorrow, depending on how much energy I have. Common cold is kicking my ass.

I know that feel. I have a throat like I just swallowed a drum of acid.

• NAME: Tarot 'Tate' Wrexler

ALIA(S): Tarot

PLACE OF BIRTH: Gotham City

NATIONALITY: American

D.O.B: 12th April 1996, 18yo.

SEX: Male

SEXUALITY: Homosexual

HEIGHT: 5'9"

BUILD: Slim, Toned

WEIGHT: 112 lbs

EYES: Brown

HAIR: Dirty Blonde

• Abilities
    Following the blessing or curse of the Wrexler family line, Tate has the means to fully understand and manipulate magic. While he hasn't gotten a firm grasp on all of his abilities, he has mastered enough to become an efficient foe. There are several different ways that Tate is able to use his magic, but so far he has only been able to cast spells by pronouncing phrases and words backwards.

x. Spell Speech: As practiced by all Wrexler magicians, Tate is able to cast a number of spells simply by saying words backwards. For example, if he were to heal a wound, he would say "Em laeh" or "Sdnuow eseht laeh". This is his most used ability since it has been the easiest to grasp and is a more logical option when combating foes who attack physically. Tate uses this ability to accomplish a number of different things, such as binding a foe with chains, summoning a door leading from one room to the next, conjuring gusts of air etc. He can also use his spell speech to move objects with his mind and summon protective barriers, as well as many other things that he is still learning about. The only limitation to this ability is that he is only human and therefore he cannot think/say words backwards before dodging an unanticipated attack, such as a punch; his magic is also only as strong as he is mentally, meaning that he isn't capable of great feats such as creating dimensions, destroying the Earth or travelling through space even if he did say those things backwards.

x. Wrexler Grimoire: As he has acquired the Wrexler family magic, Tate has been granted the family grimoire. It contains a myriad of spells, potions and enchantments (not all of them 'good') and grants him an advantage over other magic-users. However, as he is still a fairly new magician, he has yet to decode all of the pages. The grimoire was enchanted by the first Wrexler magician so that only those who have perfected their craft may read all of its pages. Tate is currently on page three and thus has learned how to locate others, communicate with the dead and a spell that forces another to tell the truth. The spells within the grimoire are not so much used for combat but for brief, temporary effects in certain situations. The limitations to this ability are obviously the patience and dedication needed to become powerful enough to magically decode the rest of the book.

Limitations + Weakness'
    Tate's limitations stem from the fact that he is still just a mortal and has the same weaknesses as a civilian. While he can use his Spell Speech to protect himself, he must be aware of the threat and have enough time to react (say the needed words backwards). This ability also relies on the use of his mouth, so if he was gagged or unconscious, he has no way to protect himself.

Application
    Tate's certain skill set allow him to fill a number of roles on the team. He is able to heal those who cannot heal themselves as well as prove himself to be a capable fighter. He brings a magical aspect to the team so that his knowledge of magic can aide the team with otherworldly enemies that also practice the craft.

• History
    The Wrexler family curse was placed upon Silvoe Wrexler centuries ago. It was to ensure that no Wrexler magician could surpass a dangerous level of magical capability and therefore, every female Wrexler that produced a child would have their magic absorbed completely by their offspring. Though the males were not subjected to the same fate, they were equally cursed with the inability to produce children so that they could not pass on their gifts. To this day it is unclear as to who cursed the family, but history portrays Silvoe Wrexler as a coward and fool who made many enemies in his days as a mystical pickpocket.

Tate Wrexler was born to a magical mother and a mortal father, both originally from Gotham. Tate's mother, Paige was a gifted magician and although she knew the risks of having a child, she had one anyway; bestowing her magic unto Tate. She had been aware that she would lose her magical capabilities but was eager to start a family with the man she loved; so as she could not cast spells or conjure anything she wished, she resorted to tarot cards. It seemed that no matter how many Wrexler women had children and willingly gave away their magic, they would always be able to read tarot cards; legitimately, not as a novelty. They couldn't accurately predict the future but they received glimpses of it through the cards, and so in anticipation of this, Paige named her firstborn son Tarot. Despite this, Tarot's father was still a mortal and didn't share the same sentiment, eventually negotiating that he be called Tarot if they would refer to him as Tate.

Tate lived in Gotham until the age of eight, when his mother and father decided that they wanted to live somewhere less polluted and much calmer: Odessa, Texas. They had enjoyed living in suburbia, Tate's mother gained a job as a real estate agent and his father maintained his career as a gifted lawyer. For the most part Tate was unaware of his magic, despite his mother's explanations and for fear of everything he knew changing, Tate refused to practice his craft until the age of sixteen.

So on his sixteenth birthday, Paige gave him the Wrexler grimoire so that Tate could begin to learn about his heritage. Ever since, Tate has eagerly eaten up any new knowledge he could gain from the book - though he didn't make the move back to Gotham until the death of his mother. She wasn't murdered or killed in an accident, she simply died of lung cancer. No matter how many times Tate attempted to cure his mother, she would always remind him that Wrexler's cannot use magic for their own personal gain; no matter how powerful they are.

It was when Tate's father proposed they scatter his mother's ashes in Gotham that the two decided to move back to the city. Now, Tate spends his days honing his abilities, stopping criminals when able to and communicating with his mother.

• Associate(s)

Ea5MUEx.png
    GSGm3rC.png
    ocqsnud.png

Paige Wrexler-Maine

Relationship: Mother
    Tate turns to his mother often and routinely when in need of help with his craft. Though she is dead, Tate has been able to decode a spell that allows him to commune with the dead. Though his life essence is drained during their time together, he still continues until he passes out.

I have not yet read the history of the sheet, but in the abilities section, the term you're looking for for his family is "Homo Magi", just like Zatanna in the canon DC comics. I'll properly review the sheet in a couple of hours, other things are occupying me right now. It's a nice sheet, though.

Ah, Homo Magi. I've never heard of that, but I like it! I was originally going to go with a Thanagarian, but things got complicated when it came to Nth metal x)

It sure does.

I did that once, I took the creative freedom to make them biological wings, like Hawkgirl's in the Justice League Cartoon, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.