The Chronicles Of The Titans: The Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Raven: Nah, no offsprings of canon characters, since, well, there are no canon characters.
In other news, I, your ever so gracious GM will be away for the coming 48 hours, I'm going camping..
If ya'll crazy kids have any questions while I'm away, I'm sure Lord Wraith can answer them on my behalf.
All right. I'm looking forward to loads of sheets, interesting ideas and a whole bunch of players when I get back.

• | NAME: Julius Wells |

| ALIAS(ES): | The Archtect

| PLACE OF BIRTH: | London

| NATIONALITY: | British with a peppering of French in his ancestry

| D.O.B. | 5/2/1996

| AGE: | 18

| SEX:| Male

| SEXUALITY: | Straight

| HEIGHT:| 6'1"

| BUILD:| Lean mostly, though the way his powers work mean that he has at least some layer of athletic muscle.

| WEIGHT:| 122 lbs

| EYES:| Blue

| HAIR:| Brunette

• | ABILITIES: | Julius' principal ability is one he has come to call 'Inventomancy.' As the name implies it centers around invention and engineering, but the method and style of his creation is what marks it as impressive- notably he focuses on designing creations that could not exist or function in the real world (following along in the style of machinery conceived by the likes of Jules Verne, Leonardo DaVinci and H.G Wells) and making them work. While the method of this is currently unknown, it's believed he has very limited control over the laws of physics and engineering when it comes to his own machines, allowing him to unconsciously edit and tailor those factors to allow his creations to function as intended.

His mutant brain has allowed his mind to grow in other areas and makes him more receptive to taking in information- but the other aspects of his mind don't reach the same scale as his inventing aspects.

| LIMITATIONS: | At present Julius' brain is still undergoing growth and development, thus his inventions at present aren't at too grand a scale.

In addition, while he can conceive of great machines, he still requires both time and physical resources to make them a reality. His excessive brainwork can also prove taxing on his stomach, meaning he can require regular food breaks in order to keep fueling his brain.

| WEAKNESSES: | See above. In addition to this the standard human weaknesses apply unless he is equipped with some particularly impressive invention. He also has a bit of an addictive personality, usually latching onto some things. Most notably is his interest in psychedelic and hallucinogenic drugs which he claims capable of broadening his mental horizons and furthering his inventive prowess. The results are usually... mixed.

| APPLICATIONS: | Varies depending on his current equipment, but more often than not he acts as a pulpy swashbuckling adventurer, taking challenges head on with his weapons and his bare fists. However if he recognises a threat being too big to take head on, then he prefers to keep his distance and use the environment to his advantage.

• | HISTORY | Julius' family consists heavily of adventurous types, a legacy that has persisted since the early 1800's. Through great discovery and the retrieval of ancient relics of insurmountable value, it led to a large coffer of wealth and a lasting reputation. It was something that Julius grew up with full knowledge of. Perhaps it proved a little too influential on him as he grew up.

While his old man was off on globetrotting adventures, well young Julius occupied his time with reading the tales of old family exploits (Usually heavily embellished), pulp adventure novels and other works in the family library. Notably however he became particularly invested in the collection of the works of Jules Verne and H.G Wells, their precursory science fiction and wild concepts of advanced machines. It was perhaps the depictions of those feats of engineering that shaped his metahuman brain into what it is today.

After a time, ambition grew inside him. He didn't want to just read about adventure, he wanted to be the adventure! To go and explore, to have his own tales of heroism written down for his own descendants to follow and try to emulate. By the time of his mid teens he had a firm understanding of what he was, how his powers functioned... and hell, that would just make his tales all the more spectacular.

So with the well wishes of his parents when he reached 18, Julius loaded up a few of his own inventions, withdrew a decent sum of money from the family reserves and got himself a suitcase loaded with enough drugs to knock out a herd of elephants. The essentials for a globe-trotting adventure of legendary proportions.

• | [CHARACTER NAME] |
    |
    [IMPRESSION] |
    |
    [RELATIONSHIP] |
    |
    [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

Pretty much done... I guess?

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, I, your ever so gracious GM will be away for the coming 48 hours, I'm going camping..
If ya'll crazy kids have any questions while I'm away, I'm sure Lord Wraith can answer them on my behalf.
All right. I'm looking forward to loads of sheets, interesting ideas and a whole bunch of players when I get back.
This was your plan all along! I'm getting a major sense of déjà vu here.

• | NAME: Osker “Ozzy” Wild|

| ALIAS(ES): Dark Triad |

| PLACE OF BIRTH: Ingolstadt, Germany |

| NATIONALITY: German and American |

| D.O.B. 02/03/1993 |

| AGE: 21 |

| SEX: Male |

| SEXUALITY: Undecided |

| HEIGHT: 6’ 00”|

| BUILD: Average |

| WEIGHT: 190lbs |

| EYES: Blue |

| HAIR: Dark Brown|

• | ABILITIES: All Ozzy’s powers come from a demonic spirit, Gurathnaka, who has soul bound to him.

Enhanced Mental Attributes:
    Ozzy has increased intelligence, and a sharper, faster mind that is able to solve issues and retain details to an almost eidetic standard. His reflexes are also heightened, but not to the degree of his cognitive prowess. This is a passive, uncontrollable effect that is caused by the demon sharing his mind, as a little of the demon’s power leaks, and as such the effect is not that great, so it does not elevate him to a super-human level of genius.

Telepathy:
    Gurathnaka is able to sense the emotions currently felt by an individual, and is sometimes aware of the foremost of their thoughts, though at present, it is only able to observe these, and this happens sporadically, on very rare occasions. Over time, the potency of its telepathy will develop and it will be able to influence the thoughts of others, and manipulate emotions by changing one’s perception of an event, though stronger emotions, such as love and hate, are more difficult to induce or change. As well as this, it will also be able read their minds at will, with a greater degree of precision. However, a thorough search would require physical contact- hands around the head would work best- and immense concentration on Gurathnaka’s part. Moreover, a tumultuous mind would not be easy to penetrate, and reading the thoughts of an individual whilst their mind is in such condition would be near impossible due to the disarray of all consciousness. It can be resisted to a certain degree with a strong will to oppose psychic probing. Communication with other individuals via thoughts would also be viable, initially only over a short distance, but the range will increase, and eventually pave way for the creation of mindscapes, allowing it to project its thoughts inside another’s mind. Vision through the eyes of weaker minded beings, such as rats or pigeons would, in due course, be conceivable, as well as actual control over these beings, or indeed weak-willed humans, though Gurathnaka would require extensive contact to do so, and whilst being draining, it would also cause it to lose its own consciousness for the duration. At its most developed offensive potential, its telepathy could be used to “flay” the mind of a foe, causing them severe pain within the skull, alterations to their psyche, loss of memories, neurocognitive deficit, unconsciousness, and the disruption of neurone function, or even in the most ruthless of cases: death. As well as this, it can create hellish and unspeakable visions that would cause the afflicted to try to claw their eyeballs out, in a vain attempt to eradicate the image burnt onto their mind’s eye.

Telekinesis:
    It will also develop the ability to manipulate physical aspects of reality with its mind, currently incapable of levitating even a feather, though after a day or less under the correct tuition, that would change. In the relatively early stages of the development of this aspect of its psionic abilities, it will be able levitate heavy objects, such as itself, or people, and restrain or hinder the movements of anything within a certain area, binding it in place, or slowing it. This would require a heavy degree of focus, since it is in the early fruition of its powers, and puts enormous strain upon its mind if it approaches the limit of its then current capabilities. Furthermore, the object or person it levitates will have to be within sight and a maximum range, else its powers will falter and fail, but the radius will get larger as it becomes more powerful. As a continuum of its abilities, it will also be able to push and pull using these telekinetic forces, allowing it to retrieve objects from a distance, or pull apart or crush an enemy by acting the forces in centrically around them in opposing or converging directions. In theory, this power could be used to “feel” one’s surroundings for the purpose of navigation, in they are staved of sight for some reason. The magnum opus of this aspect of its abilities would be the last to develop, but also the most powerful: vector manipulation; the ability to change the magnitude and direction, the vector, of a body, regardless of the pre-existing forces exerted. It is limited though, as it requires time to centre its powers on an object, so fast moving projectiles cannot be feasible affected, and dividing its attention between multiple objects would weaken, and possibly even nullify the effect of its mind’s manipulation.

Astral Projection:
    When using next to all of its power, Gurathnaka appears as an astral projection, a shadowy, yet corporeal humanoid mass made up writhing shadows that hold the basic shape, but slither about like snakes. It has a head of horns, and twitching tentacles at the mouth, which exhumes nightmarish screams from beyond into the mortal realm that can induce anguish intense enough to drive men to jabbering and incapacitating madness. It is also capable of using its physical form to fight with extreme strength, which can be used in a brutish tactic to overpower the enemy, or to derive joy from inflicting great and many physical tortures upon mortal lives. Its coiling arms of darkness can be manipulated into various shapes and sizes, as to fashion themselves into whips and knife-edges, or bludgeons and shields. This astral projection, being on semi-tangible, can have limbs torn off; yet reform them with ease as the shadows with slink back.|

| LIMITATIONS: Unless the host body, Ozzy, is in grave danger, then the more potent powers of Gurathnaka would not be available for Ozzy as there would be no need for them, so normally he only has the passive benefits of increased strength and intelligence. This is because if Ozzy were to die, his soul would pass on, and, since it is bound to Gurathnaka’s, this would end up destroying both souls entirely. Gurathnaka will also take time to regain its power, so its telepathy, telekinesis, and astral form will get stronger over time until it reaches its zenith, after it has regained its complete power. Whilst Gurathnaka can also use this telepathy when Ozzy is in control, it does not have to say what it finds, and may indeed lie to him for its own amusement.|

| WEAKNESSES: Gurathnaka is always trying to influence Ozzy so that ultimately it can destroy Ozzy’s soul so that it can be free. Every time he allows it to use its powers to protect his life, it grows stronger and more influential, so Ozzy tries to avoid life threatening situations, but not everything, such as muggers, can be foreseen, or ran away from. It is times like these that Gurathnaka is able to supress Ozzy’s apprehensions and allow him to channel its dark and old magics through the conduit that is his body. Gurathnaka is a constant voice in Ozzy’s head that can be distracting to a dangerous level at times, but Ozzy it normally able to rise above the petulant jibes. If too much of Gurathnaka’s powers are used, it can come into a position of overwhelming dominance, whereby Ozzy is, for all intents and purposes, doing as Gurathnaka commands him to. |

• | HISTORY |
    Leading a perfectly normal life was not what Ozzy wanted, and yet, after a brief spout of rebellious behaviour during his late teens, ending with an unfortunate experimentation session, it seemed to been the menial humdrum which it conformed to; there was nothing exciting nor strange about him. He worked in a supermarket, the best job his poor qualifications would allow for a slacker such as himself, long hours, made all the longer by unbearable company. A curious past-addiction to smoking the devil’s lettuce had frittered away what coin he had in the bank, which is about the time he decided to quit, wearing patches that he felt were only a little less extortionate, but at least it was not killing him.

Therefore, it should come as a shock that such an unexceptional life should be subject to an exceptional turn of fate. A concoction of one part misfortune and two parts divine intervention, Ozzy was able to survive a collision with a car after it had slid onto the pavement from some black ice whilst he was walking home one night. His condition was critical, but he got medical attention quickly, and thanks to the hard work of the surgeons, doctors and nurses alike, he was able to make a swift recovery.

However, unbeknownst to Ozzy, he had died, clinically speaking, in the surgical theatre on the operating table. A demon, looking for a fresh body, scouring the fleeting lives of the hospital, found Ozzy and eagerly jumped at the opportunity for such a well-aged body. The demon, for a brief moment, occupied Ozzy’s body wholly, but then a ditch-attempt heart massage brought Ozzy’s soul slamming back. The two essences formed a bond, and Gurathnaka, the demon, found itself in a weakened state and unable to leave.

And so Ozzy, after two weeks of drug-induced delirium, was discharged from the hospital with a the black treatment journal he had been given the day after the operation to document his feelings and experiences to see if any serious side-effects were to transpire.

• | [CHARACTER NAME] |
    |
    [IMPRESSION] |
    |
    [RELATIONSHIP] |
    |
    [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

Last edited by a moderator:
If he could then it probably wouldn't be allowed.
Same with a Martian tri-pod and a gun able to launch people onto the moon.

Shame, but then again, the tripods caught a cold and died, so they wouldn't be that OP. :p But with Hillan's track record, I doubt this would progress far enough, even if you were allowed.
Will he just make inventions he can fight crime with, or will it be some Lemony Snicket style stuff during the middle of a fight?

Oh I'm quite familiar with Hilly's track record.

More likely than not he'd invent things in advanced, for the most part relying on a gun able to use shells of different kinds. But if it comes to it, and he has the means at hand, he could make something decent in the heat of a battle.

Oh I'm quite familiar with Hilly's track record.

More likely than not he'd invent things in advanced, for the most part relying on a gun able to use shells of different kinds. But if it comes to it, and he has the means at hand, he could make something decent in the heat of a battle.
I love this...

*Hey guys I'm leaving for a few days*

Fucking asshole....

Ah okay I'll think of something then might take a while though.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something but if anyone has a problem with Hillan and his GMing then there's the door.

Now I apologize if perhaps these comments were all in jest but I will be fairly skeptical of such. I would love to RP along all of you, some of you once again. However if there's already problems with the GM before the RP even starts well then I don't forsee a good future for this game.

I don't have a problem I was just asking to make sure that's all. *Thinking on a good character not BBRea related*

I don't have a problem I was just asking to make sure that's all. *Thinking on a good character not BBRea related*
Yes sorry that wasn't directed towards you.

It's fine I hope to have the character up by this weekend at the latest.

It's fine I hope to have the character up by this weekend at the latest.
Well how exactly does your Raven/Beast Boy kid work? You might be able to make it work without the established mommy and daddy.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something but if anyone has a problem with Hillan and his GMing then there's the door.

Now I apologize if perhaps these comments were all in jest but I will be fairly skeptical of such. I would love to RP along all of you, some of you once again. However if there's already problems with the GM before the RP even starts well then I don't forsee a good future for this game.
You know me and Hillan give each other more shit than a fleet of septic trucks, and that's how we've kept our nonexistent marriage so strong.

You know me and Hillan give each other more shit than a fleet of septic trucks, and that's how we've kept our nonexistent marriage so strong.
This is true, I will relent to that lol.

That is one hell of a mental image my friend...

Apology accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.