The Chronicles of Elym

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cowboy @Zombehs

The 9000 recalled troops aren't in the human Capitol they are actually on their way back to Kaiden. If anything Solaces troops will go after the rough riders once harpy scouts spot them. So, your one hundred cavalry versus my six hundred, bring it Cowboy ;)

But naw, it'll probably be 200 and Solace herself, the rest of the forces will just be put under the princesses command. It is actually very smart.

@Ner0 - Either way, Bane fulfills a purpose. It's more resources that the Kaiden empire has to spend on Bane's crusade while the frontline is getting pummeled by Tater's horde. So there will be less reinforcements available, and Tater will be able to go on the hyper-offensive without worrying about a huge surge in the opponent's numbers.

It being the decision to run the rough riders past the human troops in order to split the force.

I forgot this was active. I suppose I should read the IC now.

Maybe we shouldn't discuss tactics OOC? It's close to metagaming.

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
@Ner0 - Either way, Bane fulfills a purpose. It's more resources that the Kaiden empire has to spend on Bane's crusade while the frontline is getting pummeled by Tater's horde. So there will be less reinforcements available, and Tater will be able to go on the hyper-offensive without worrying about a huge surge in the opponent's numbers.
I agree, you are a glorious bastard.

I forgot this was active. I suppose I should read the IC now.

Maybe we shouldn't discuss tactics OOC? It's close to metagaming.

Eh, that's true but there really isn't spoiling anything. Bane pretty much lays out his entire plan and motives in the IC lol

I was just explaining to Zombehs how my offensive had tactical merit. The type of tactics Bane is employing doesn't lose effectiveness if the enemy understands it or not. It's just a choice whether or whether not to split forces.

Also, the only way that metagaming could really come out of it per say would be if someone was like "But then my character, XXXPUSSY_POUNDER6969XXX noticed that there seemed to be a moving speck in the horizon, and went to investigate with a force of 20,000 Lich Undead Warlords. What did he know? He had caught a small cavalry unit sneaking though the darkness 300 miles from the capital and he was able to route them before they got anywhere close."

After all, they would most likely either get to the capital or very, very close before anyone noticed them by using the night as a cover if we're being semi-realistic.

But I'll shut up lol

Eh, that's true but there really isn't spoiling anything. Bane pretty much lays out his entire plan and motives in the IC lol

I was just explaining to Zombehs how my offensive had tactical merit. The type of tactics Bane is employing doesn't lose effectiveness if the enemy understands it or not. It's just a choice whether or whether not to split forces.

Also, the only way that metagaming could really come out of it per say would be if someone was like "But then my character, XXXPUSSY_POUNDER6969XXX noticed that there seemed to be a moving speck in the horizon, and went to investigate with a force of 20,000 Lich Undead Warlords. What did he know? He had caught a small cavalry unit sneaking though the darkness 300 miles from the capital and he was able to route them before they got anywhere close."

After all, they would most likely either get to the capital or very, very close before anyone noticed them by using the night as a cover if we're being semi-realistic.

But I'll shut up lol
You are right, I will handle the information and where it travels and how. I'll let you know what you've come across via pm.

I'll try to have something up tomorrow

EDIT: And yes, it should be epic.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ner0
I am caught up. Probably going to post tomorrow. Where is the Kitsune cavalry positioned in relation to the human forces?

Mang, if Bane wasn't such a rape-and-pillage stereotypical bad guy orc dude, Brent would totally be bros with him. They'd discuss scumbag maneveurs together and be cool like that.

That being said, Bane would have made the others of the orc-Iron Cities army aware that he's going to be backlining the enemy, right?

I am caught up. Probably going to post tomorrow. Where is the Kitsune cavalry positioned in relation to the human forces?
Most of the troops are in the main encampment, they have their own little area. whoever isn't has been split up amongst your scouting parties.

Mang, if Bane wasn't such a rape-and-pillage stereotypical bad guy orc dude, Brent would totally be bros with him. They'd discuss scumbag maneveurs together and be cool like that.

That being said, Bane would have made the others of the orc-Iron Cities army aware that he's going to be backlining the enemy, right?
It really doesn't seem like it xD. Bane probably has a loose leash. One of those guys that just takes his men and does what he wants.

Especially if him and Tater's character have a history.

Perhaps Bane wouldn't have, but Gromak would I imagine since he's in charge of tactical affiars. Bane really doesn't report to anyone besides him.

And yeah, your character looks pretty cool as well haha

And I think it's worth mentioning that he barely reports to Gromak.

Like I mentioned in the post, Bane kills less out of patriotism and more out of the fact that he's a psychopath. If he didn't find the morals and honor codes of the kitsune/human armies so repulsive, he'd easily flip sides in a heartbeat.

• Love
Reactions: Potatocat and Ner0
And such the Rough Riders live on. Been scumbags since they were born, will continue to be scumbags until long after they die. XD

As the Russians proved long ago, criminals make really good disposable troops.

And such the Rough Riders live on. Been scumbags since they were born, will continue to be scumbags until long after they die. XD

As the Russians proved long ago, criminals make really good disposable troops.
xD

How convenient, also we have a new player gents.

Please do be kind to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.