3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy (high, low and anything in between), modern, medieval, anything that'll keep me at the edge of my seat. Romance is absolutely necessary. And fluff. Just a lil bit.
Through a rusty, splotchy window, moonlight met Penelope's skin and she woke, sleepy hands shifting to rub sleepy eyes. For a moment, she sat absentminded, wondering of when her next meal would be, before the sudden realization of the stake of the moment hit her like a brick. Penny leaped. She raced to the vent positioned on the east wall, suddenly very alert. She waved a hand to the camera that settled in the corner of her room, which then shattered as a dull crystal grew in its place.

One more minute asleep and her plan would come down crumbling--the very plan that had taken her weeks of arrangement, cost her nights upon nights of sleep to observe the patterns of the guards and swiping floor maps during Sunday assemblies to somehow drive the haze of twisty hallways into her mind. She was getting the hell out of what she could only assume was eternal damnation if it killed her. Twice, she supposed, considering the analogy.

Penelope grew an edged slit of earth from her palm and turned the rusty nails, wincing when they hissed against their dwellings. Quickly, she set aside the vent lid and began to crawl. Armed with a sketchy layout of the facility of eternal damnation, Penny scrambled through the squashed air vents, freezing each time they squeaked against her weight. After about an hour of vague navigation and frustration later, she was certain she had already crossed that specific spot, but kept moving nonetheless.

"Ah, hell. This was probably a dumb idea anyw-" Penny was cut off by the deafening creak of the vents, and suddenly, she swore she could see hell's eerie red glow in her periphery. Wait, no, she just fell. And the reason the crash hadn't broken every one of her limbs was because she had landed on a soft clump of flesh. A person.

Sweat poured from the boys face as his the back of his limbs and shoulders pushed and strained against the bed. Dry leather cuffs with buckles held him firmly in place. Each attempt only dug them deeper and deeper into his flesh. Soon if he continued he would rub his skin completely raw. He had been doing this ever since he arrived at the facility about three hours ago. Three hours of constant unyeilding struggle had gained him nothing but sore wrists, sore ankles, and an raw red ring around his neck.

"I can get you out.... Let me take over..... I can help you boy," The voice from within growled. It was the demon that was imprisoned within Gath.

The boy was thinking of a response when he heard the loud creak coming from the ceiling of his isolated room. At first it seemed as if the building was only old and creaky but that was not the case. Cracks ripped their way across the ceiling right before a metal vent and a girl flopped down through.
Gath's arms shot up off the bed instinctively but were stopped short by the restraints. There was nothing he could do to stop her descent down onto him.

A grunt escaped his body as his breath was pushed out by her impact. Her head landed dead center of his chest, while her arms landed in his stomach as they tried to break her fall. Anger and frustration welled within him as his arms fruitlessly tried to cease her. His breath, having been pushed out of his body, was unable to form any words. With frustration the boy relaxed against his restraints as he waited for her to make the next move.

Gasping for air from the suddenness of the fall, Penelope's staggering breath hit the chest of the person she hadn't realized was there. She had laid there for a good moment, completely and entirely oblivious of herself. When she finally did catch her breath, she rose and caught the gaze of a boy who had the strangest eyes.

The same boy she had fallen on top of and was probably crushing the life out of.

"Oh crap, I'm so sorry! I didn't- I just- well, you see, the ventilation system is- it's not the best and so I sort of accidentally fell through and I'm really sorry for crushing you in the middle of the night. I um, oh- you're new?" She had delivered the shaky apology before she noticed the gag and restraints holding him down. "Well that won't do." She mumbled. New patients were usually wheeled into their rooms on a rusty metal table, but restraints of this order seemed a little much. Whatever it is that got him in here was probably hazardous--or maybe the new recruits that had taken him in were just wussies scared of a child.

Promptly, she grew a sharp blade and began to cut through his restraints, before carefully untying his gag. "There you go. Much better, yeah?" She asked. "Now, before you say anything, you have every right to be angry and it's okay if you're confused. Get it out now. The guards probably heard the crash, they'll be here soon." She told him. Penny was sure no one had informed him of where he was or why he was there. The poor thing probably didn't even what time of day it was; his room had no window, oddly enough. She could've sworn all the patient rooms had at least one outlet to the outside. Of course, they were useless in terms of escape--they were sealed shut and fortified with some sort of magic seal that she had no chance of decoding, for all she could do was conjure up a bit of dirt.

Last edited: