The Chaos Of My Mind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fletcher walked around for a while. "Danm. There's no animals in site. Another slow day again. I guess I have to got back to that town for food." He said to himself as he started to walk toward the town. As he was walking he noticed something odd. He keep on walking in circles. "Go to a new area and forget how to get to town in this area. OK. Let me think." He said as he sat down.

Liss followed him in the cover of the shadows. She looked at Fletcher as close as she could with out being seen. "He looks different. I am still wondering why he left use." She said to herself quietly.

Cheyenne followed him as he went in circles, giggling quietly to herself. What was it about this man that kept her coming back to see him? He didn't appear to be a hardened warrior and he had a very poor sense of direction. Shaking her head of the idle thoughts, the young woman decided she was going to help him. He looked rather hungry. The outer forest was over-hunted by city dwellers and most of the animals had traveled back into the sanctuary of the deep forest where they had a chance at a normal life for their part of the food chain at least. The tribes only killed what they needed and did not waste any part of the animal. Cupping her hands to her face, Cheyenne made sounds of birds and chattering ground squirrels hoping to gain his attention and then worked her way through the trees. She was farther up in the trees where the branches of neighboring trees intertwined in the dense forest which also gave her cover from any possible onlooker from the ground.

Fletcher looked around as he herd some birds. He was looking closely. He did not know that Cheyenne was making the bird sound as he quickly drawled his bow and an arrow and fire the arrow. The arrow hit next to her leg. "Shit I missed." He said as he walked to the tree. "Well there goes my food. I think I hit a little to the right and barely missed. OK I still need my arrow." He thought to himself as he started to climb the tree.

Less looked around to see if the bird was near her. She saw that Flecther was still good with a bow. "OK, that is Fletcher. That is the first time that I saw him miss something." She thought to herself as she tries to get a little closer with out being seen.

The arrow startled her coming so close to pinning her flesh to the tree. She had watched him take it out and take aim but didn't expect him to be able to hit a moving target let alone a moving sound. 'He is better than I thought with a bow' she thought as she moved up a few branches away from the arrow. From her new vantage point, Cheyenne spotted movement in the shadows but couldn't make out what was there. A moment later a rabbit shot out of some underbrush and ran across a wide open area towards another bush.

Cheyenne had nothing to use to get Fletcher to see the rabbit and just sat there on the branch hoping he would see it. It was a decent sized rabbit and would make a perfect meal for two, or several small meals for one depending on how hungry he really was.

Fletcher got to where the arrow was. He grabbed it and pulled it out. He then sat down. "Cheyenne. I wonder what is she doing now." He said to himself. After a few minutes, he jump down and looked around. He took a deep breath and started to try to find his way home. He kept looking around to see if he could find something to eat.

Liss followed him. She was wondering what if the girl was going to meet up with Fletcher. "I bet there is not a girl. That idiot must have been seeing thing again." She thought.

He hadn't seen the rabbit making Cheyenne frown. 'I should have grabbed that arrow out of the tree, but then he would've known something was off' climbing the tree she was in so she could get to the vines to move a little quicker through the trees. Looking down, Fletcher was sitting down again which she found odd. Was he lost? It was possible since she had led him away from his usual hunting grounds. Now she felt guilty and couldn't just leave him sitting there. Grabbing a vine, Cheyenne swung around in a half circle a few trees over in the opposite direction of where Fletcher had shot the arrow so he wouldn't suspect that it was her he had shot at.

Climbing down the tree, jumping off the lowest branch, she began to walk quietly towards him finally stepping out into the clearing where he sat, but only took a couple of steps before stopping and just stared at him, her head tilted to the side curiously not knowing he was being followed.

Fletcher looked up at the sky through the trees. He wondering why he had that dream lost night. "Do not tell me they found me." He said to himself. He stretched a little bit and then laid down. As he lied down he saw Cheyenne. He jump to his feet and grabbed his bow and went for an arrow. He stopped as he saw that it was her. "Do not do that to people. You scared the hell out of me." He said as he put his bow away. He looked at her as he tried to catch his breath. "Know any good hunting spots right now?" He asked as he walked to her.

Liss saw a girl walk out in the clearing. "Is that the girl he was talking about. My my Fletcher it looks like you had finally found some one." She said with a smile. She vanished into the shadow again.

The birds had scattered suddenly from a point that was shrouded in shadow and Cheyenne's guard went up. Her staff lifting as she crouched into a defensive stance. It was a good thing too since Fletcher seemed to be on edge, pulling his bow and cocking an arrow in her direction. When he lowered his guard so did she and she continued to just stand there looking at him.

Without a word she nodded once to his question and turned towards the border to the deep forest and began to walk away. Once they were well clear of the clearing she found him in, Cheyenne finally spoke. "Someone looking for Fletcher?"

He looked at the birds. "That looks good." He thought to himself. He was wondering why Cheyenne put her guard up for. "Sorry about that. I have a slide problem with attacking something or someone when the scare me." He said as he scratched his head. When Fletcher saw Cheyenne nodded to his question, he smile and followed her. He looked around as they got further into the forest. He looked at her as she said that. "What do you mean someone is looking for me?" He asked her. "Shit, that is why I had that dream. Can not run form my past forever." He thought to himself.

She smiled but was also confused. What had happened in his life that would make him so jumpy? "Fletcher hungry to eat deer or small rabbit? Must only take from forest what is needed." She nodded to him affirming her own statement. "And... Cheyenne found Fletcher in forest but Fletcher talked of others finding Fletcher.. not Cheyenne." Just then her ears picked up on something and she instinctively put her hand over his mouth and craned her neck to listen.

An index finger went over her lips telling him not to make a sound as she removed her hand, motioning for him to follow her. She led him through the trees, pulling his hand down so he would crouch when they were close. Out in front of them, foraging around a bush was a wild boar.

He looked at her. "I make a good deer meat stew. I am only one person. But, I will take what I need and that is all." He said as he looked back. He was wondering who she will send to get him. Fletcher looked back at Cheyenne. He was confused about what she said. "What do you mean about I was talking about others finding me. And wh...." He started to said but got interrupted as she put her hand over his mouth. He followed her as the went through the trees. He crouched down. He saw the boar and grabbed his bow and an arrow. He took aim.

Liss came out of the shadows. "My lady. He was telling the truth. And Fletcher has changed." She said to the female.
The girl looked at Liss. "He was, to late now. OK, do you what to go get him or some one else?" She asked.

His aim was spot on and the boar screeched and whined in agony. Cheyenne quickly leapt up drawing a hunting dagger from her waist band and finished the kill reciting what sounded like a foreign language ritual of some kind. Once it was complete, she lifted the boar and stood up handing Fletcher his prize. "Come, Cheyenne take Fletcher home". They walked back through the trees towards his home. As they walked, the female warrior kept her guard up. The scent of the blood from the boar could draw out unwanted guests but soon, they arrived at his home.

"Cheyenne" she sighed heavily and gritted her teeth. "I not speak good. Hard understand me." the young woman began to fidget with her fingers . How was she to get him to understand her concern about who was looking for him? It wasn't just about his safety but the tribes as well. Cheyenne would be in a lot of trouble if anything happened and it was traced back to her or Fletcher.

Fidgeting became pacing until Cheyenne finally calmed herself down. "I-is someone looking for y-you? Fletc.... You were talking out loud when Ch--- before I walked up in clearing." There, hopefully he would get what she was trying to say now. She hated the way she talked and it took so much concentration to try to speak correctly that usually she got frustrated and gave up. Something about Fletcher though made her want to try harder. No one had ever made her feel that way before and she wanted to continue being his friend so she could figure out why.

Fletcher took what he need and then followed Cheyenne back to his house. As they where walking he looked at her. "You are on edge today." He said as he looked around. He was wondering what was going on with her. He wanted to asked but, he was afraid that it would be a bad idea right now. As he saw his house, he looked at her when she started to talk. "You talk fine. I can understand you to a point. Is that what is bothering you?" He asked as he went inside. "Would you like to come in?" He put the meat on a big rock and the then stopped what he was doing when she asked that question. "Well for one please talk how you were before." He said with a smile. "And I do not know if I am being follow by any one but you." He said. "Yea that is smart lied to some one that can kill you with out braking a sweat. Tell the truth." He thought to himself as he looked at her. "I... I... Every one has a past that they do not what to relive." He said as he walked out side.

She frowned when spoke of her being on edge. Of course she was on edge. Any normal person would be if they thought they were going to be in trouble with their elders or be the cause of a possible demise of the tribes. But Fletcher really had no clue how large the tribes were or how much they truly depended on the secrecy that the deep forest provided them. Cheyenne stopped outside his house until he invited her in. Once inside, her warrior skills took over and she studied every nook and cranny, access point, hiding spots and various items scattered through the inside of his home that could be used to her advantage should a fight take place inside. To do all of this while she was listening to him talk was like riding a bike and chewing gum at the same time.... simple.

The young woman grabbed his arm and made him stop walking, feeling like she had agitated him more than she thought the question should have. Taking a deep breath, she smiled calmly at him. "Thank you, Fletcher. Cheyenne on edge, get weird feeling in forest, think see things not there. She placed her pointer finger on his chest. "Fletcher like talk to Fletcher, no make sense. Confuse Cheyenne." She looked rather serious at him for a moment. "Understand not share bad past. Fletcher tell Cheyenne trouble, yes?" Sighing softly, needing to let the air settle, she took a look around the outside of his house from both the ground and the trees to make sure they were alone, returning when she found nothing of interest.

Fletcher looked at Cheyenne when she grabbed his arm. "OK." He said. "Well I do not think that anyone is there. So I talk to my self to pass the time. And what do you mean you see something that is not there?" He asked. "Yes, and it is not a bad pasted. It is just that there are thing in my past that I do not what other people to know. I am sorry if I am making you worried." He said as walked close to her. "Tell her something that would not make her worried." He thought to himself. "I.. I am sorry. If you what me to leave the forest I will. And I will not tell anyone about you or your tribe. I am just a coward that likes to run away form is past."

The young woman smiled at him reassuringly, realizing that perhaps she was over-reacting considering she did not see or find any hint of threat or danger on her perimeter check. "Fletcher no leave. Keep tribe secret.... yes, but no leave." Grabbing some firewood and kindling, she walked inside of his house and started a fire in the hearth so he could cook his meal while it was still fresh. Once the fire was going, she stood back up and looked at him again, wondering how she could answer his question in a way he would understand. "Cheyenne and forest are partner. Forest make noise to talk to Cheyenne, Cheyenne listen understand. Cheyenne listen forest think stranger here but no find, only wind moving leaves and playing shadows. Fletcher understand?" Her eyebrows raised in one of those "Get it" type ways as she reached out and grabbed the cleaned slab of meat to place it on the rack above the flames to cook. "Cheyenne scout for tribe. Keep safe. Keep Fletcher safe." For all of her issues with speech that made her come off as an idiot, the young brunette was in all actuality a very skilled warrior with or without weapons at her disposal.

Fletcher looked at her wondering why she was acting like that. He followed her inside as she grabbed the fire wood and the kindle. When Cheyenne said what she did about get tribe being a secret, he new that it may not NE a good idea to stay there much longer. He grabbed a piece of meat and started to cook it. "I may need to leave it there are people after me. I do not want you and your tribe to get involved in my problems." He said as he saw her grabbed another piece of meat and put it next to the other one. He look at her again. "Your tribe may be found out if I stay here. And of that happens, what will you do? I am sorry, but of the people that are trying to find me are the same people from my past. You people will be found out." He said as he started to think that what he was saying was a little hard to understand. It was to him right now. He shook his head and turn the piece of meat he put on around.

Cheyenne was quiet for a bit while she thought about what he was saying and all of the available options to his situation she could come up with. Battling the strange feelings she had developed inside because she considered him a friend, one of her only friends although she would keep that small point of truth to herself. As much as she agreed that perhaps the best thing to do was for him to leave the forest in the interest of the safety and secrecy of the tribe, she didn't want to see him go. He did live in the outer forest so another option was for him to stay but for them not to have contact for a while, which would be difficult but not impossible to do. Cheyenne also considered that she could wear her city clothes when around him. That way, if these people he spoke of saw them together, they would think she was just hanging out with him in the forest and wouldn't give away that there might be tribes living there too. Yes, that was a good idea. Her head nodding to her quiet thought as she flipped over a piece of meat. "Where Fletcher go if no forest?" The young warrior may have come up with what she felt was a good plan but there were still plenty of questions that needed answering before she spoke of it.

Fletcher look at Cheyenne as she was quite. He walked to one of the other rooms and looked for something. The room did not have a lot in it. "What is wrong with me. Come look at me really. My old self would be on the floor laughing his head off. Ok, what should I do now? Oh, I know, how about we go in the same room as Cheyenne is and try to talk to her." He thought to himself as he did not see what he was looking for. He then walked to the same room as Cheyenne. He looked at her when she said that. "At this time..... I do not know. All I know is that this was the last place that I could find." He said as he got closer to her.

"My, my. Fletcher you have changed a lot." Liss said as she walked inside his house. "We all have been worried about you. No note, no good bye, no nothing. And the girly has been worried sick about you and you know how she is. So, why not come back with me peacefully." She said as she looked at Cheyenne. "I would not get to close to him if I were you. He likes to brake peoples hearts." She said as she lend on the wall.

Cheyenne immediately stood upon hearing the woman's voice making sure that her swift movements put her in between Fletcher and the woman while at the same time silently cursing herself for being so lost in her own thoughts to be caught off her guard like this. Not to mention so much for her theory of not wearing tribal attire around the outsiders. She didn't speak for many reasons, the most obvious one she was sure Fletcher would figure out without issue since it could be viewed as a sign of weakness even as the multitude of questions began to churn in her mind.

The warrior sized up the unwelcome guest. She was overly confident and by the way she spoke, knew Fletcher would not go with her. Why else would she have said "peacefully"? Who was "girly" and how many people were out looking for him? This woman seemed to know him well but by the sound of things was not an old flame of any kind. She was not begging or pleading with him to come back, she was acting more like a hired bodyguard or muscle for someone else. Why would he be mixed up with people like that?

Cheyenne simply stood there ready to throw the woman out. All Fletcher needed to do was give the word. It was after all his home and Cheyenne was also a guest so starting a fight would not be considered good manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.