The Chaos Of My Mind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fletcher closed his eyes for a second and then open them. "Swimming sounds fun. Why, don't we go swimming now?" He asked as he stretched his arms and legs. "For one I don't have many friends. Make that no friends. And two, who would believe me. I am known to make up a story or two." He said with a smile. As he herd that, he looked around the area they were in. "Trust is a hard thing to earn. So, thank you for trusting me. And I will try not to brake your trust in me." He said as he bowed to Cheyenne. "I practice when I have to fight. That is the best way to train to me. So, you had to follow me for that long?"

Cheyenne gave him a slight shrug when he was done and then said "ok" and began to lead him towards the lake. The area was lush with forest life; plants, animals, insects and all the sounds that accompany each of them. The birds were chirping high up in the trees and the rays of the sun glinted through the branches that were swaying in the light summer breeze. The lake however, was shared by all. It was large and served as the center the deep forest. Caution was always a necessity as some tribes were not as friendly as others. Thankfully, none were currently at war but that could change in an instant.

"Only follow for duty for a week". She left it at that since to her it was obvious the rest of the time was for fun. If he was still confused by it, she would explain more. When they got closer to the lake she slowed down and stopped turning to him. "Lake for everyone, but Fletcher not from deep forest. Stay close and all ok." she smiled and turned back and walked to the right around the shore line stopping near a small outlet under a large cliff area. There was a small waterfall that emptied into the outlet from above and Cheyenne without a bit of modesty, stripped down to her undergarments and walked into the water, submerging herself under the water up to her neck and motioning him to join her.

Fletcher followed Cheyenne. "Wow, there are a lot of animal here. Oh, and there are insects too." He thought to himself as he looked at all the animals and insects. He smiled when he herd the bird singing. "That is a nice sound." He said. He looked at the scenery and took a deep breath. He looked at her as she said that. "What about the other 2 to 3 weeks?" He asked. "Stay close OK." He said as he got closer to Cheyenne. He saw the waterfall and emitted it. He looked out and saw her stripped down to her undergarments and turn around with a small blush. He looked around and saw that she wanted him to join. He took off his shirt and walk in the water.

Chuckling at him walking into the lake in his pants, Cheyenne tilted her head to the side. "Pants in lake?" She chuckled some more and then swam closer to where the small waterfall hit the lake motioning for him to follow. Once he was next to her again, she playfully splashed him with water. "Follow...uhmm... fun? Find Fletcher interesting." She smiled and then bent backwards ducking her head under the water and then bringing it back up so her hair would stay out of her face.

Fletcher looked at her with a smile. "I don't think you what to see me with nothing on." He said as he followed her to the small waterfall. When Cheyenne splashed him with water. He looked at her and smiled as he splashed her with some water too. "I am interesting huh." He said as he when under the water and swam behind her. He went up and grabbed Cheyenne and throw her a bit. "What is so interesting about me?"

Letting out a very girlish yelp when she was thrown, Cheyenne continued the barrage of splashing but getting a little more aggressive with it. A glint of competitiveness in her eye. "Fletcher live forest but not tribe. Fletcher live lonely. Cheyenne follow learn why no tribe... not figure out yet." She shrugged and then sent another wave of water his way. "Fletcher not worry about body. All men, same parts like all women same parts." It was obvious she had been raised not to be modest about her body in front of others and that it wasn't viewed as a big deal.

Fletcher chuckled as she screamed like a girl. He put his hands up over is face as she started to splashed the water more aggressive. "I got sick of the other people that thought that they were better then every one else. I am not lonely. I have the animals to talk to when I need to talk." He went under the water again. He swam by her feet and grabbed her and pulled her down a bit. He went back up and looked at her as she came up. "I like to be alone a lot." He said as he swam near her. "OK, ohm, that is not true. Women have some parts that men do not have." He said with a small blush.

"Fletcher not need animals. Fletcher talk to.... hey!" she yelled as he went back under the water. The churning water from the waterfall made it difficult to see and she didn't know where he went. Just then there was a tug at her feet and down she went. Cheyenne came up out of the water with a surprised look that he had pulled her under. She wiped the water from her face. "Yes, parts look different but..." she shrugged noticing he was uncomfortable with the subject. Looking up into the sky seeing the sun cresting over the apex of the day and beginning to set, she started to swim towards the bank. Normally, she would have laid out on the large rock that faced the setting sun to dry out before getting dressed but she tried to be considerate of her new friend and just put her clothes on over her wet body instead. She sighed, hating the way she talked because it was different than everyone else. But it always had been because of her struggle with pronouns and small words that people use to fill in the gaps between what she saw as the important words. Concentrating she looked at him "I-I should take y-y-you home now."

Fletcher watched her go to the bank. He looked up at the sky and then he swam the to the bank. "What where you about to say before I went under the water?f" He asked as he grabbed his shirt and put a bit in his pocket. He started to laugh a bit as Cheyenne put her clothes on while she was still wet. "OK. Thank you. I had fun running after you and swimming with you." He said with a smile. "So, would you like to see where I live without having to follow me?"

Cheyenne nodded her head yes with a chuckle and grabbed her staff. Fletcher wouldn't be safe to travel this part of the forest alone. If another tribe or even someone from her tribe found him alone, things wouldn't go well. They started off at a leisurely walking pace but Cheyenne had caught movement out of the corner of her eye and put her hand on Fletcher's chest so he would stop. After a full turn, her keen eyes finally picked up on a deer off in the distance. A breath of relief and she looked at her new friend. "Young fawn. Frighten easy." She told him and then began walking again.

Fletcher started to follow her. He was looked around trying to see if he can remember how to get back there. He stopped as Cheyenne put her hand on his chest. He looked around and did not see anything. "What is going on?" He asked in a low voice. When she took a breath and then say that, he nodded and started to follow her again.

"That was to close. So, the old man was right. I have got to tell her about this now." A man said as he started to walk to the end of the forest as fast and quietly as he could.

Cheyenne had a bad feeling about what she had heard. It wasn't the sound of a fawn and there was a scent on the air. Her sharpened senses from years of scouting and hunting. But she didn't want to worry her new friend. If anything happened, she'd protect him. It was good that they were headed back to his home. She needed to go investigate the area where the sound came from further.

Perhaps a little unsettling to Fletcher, she lead him right to his door step without asking for directions. "Fletcher home" she smiled at him.

He looked at Cheyenne. He saw that something was on her mind. He was wondering what it was, but he did not want to asked her. "OK what am I going to do now. I want to asked her what worry. But, then again I may not what to know. What should I do?" He thought to himself. He looked at he as they got to Fletchers home. "Thank you. And what is on you mind?" He asked hoping he did not upset her.

The man got out of the forest and walked up to a girl. "He was right. Fletcher does live in this forest. And there was another one with him. A female." He said as he kneeled down to her.

She smiled but then sighed when he asked, not sure if she should share her thoughts. Her oversensitive, paranoid mind always on alert and many times, turned into nothing. "It is time for Chey... m-me to scout. Must secure perimeter deep forest." As much as she tried, she couldn't stick with the complete sentences. It just... wasn't natural for her. Something her older sisters loved to tease her about.

"Cheyenne visit tomorrow?" She wasn't trying to be rude, but general courtesies weren't something she was good at and she really wanted to get back where she saw the fawn before the trail, if there was one to be found, got scattered into the wind.

fletcher looked at her. "OK. See you later." He said as he walked inside. He looked around his house. It was messy and had a lot of bow and arrows every where. "I think I need to clean." He said as he started to clean his house up. He got every thing organized. He got his new bow and started to restring it. "There that should be better now." He said to himself as he pulled it back. It was a lot tougher then the first time he tried it. "Now I hope this one does not brake like the last ones." He said as he took of his clothes and put them on a sting to dry. He put some shorts on and then walked to a bed. He lied down wondering why Cheyenne like him.

She smiled and waved to him, but once he closed the door she took off at a sprint back to where she'd heard the noise. Her tracking skills did not let her down and she eventually found the hints of a human male walking back towards town and a quick pace. Before she got all the way to town though the trail wen t cold, trampled by a pack of elk passing through. This isn't good, she thought to herself. But if I tell Malah then she will never let me live it down.

She sighed to herself and hurried back to her home, making sure to double around and loop over several times and then used the trees a little so that she would not be followed. Most of all, she hoped that Fletcher would not get too curious and try to follow her home before she thought he was ready. It was dinner time and Cheyenne got back just in time to help prepare the meal with her family.

Fletcher looked at the ceiling. "Plans tomorrow. One, eat something. Two, explore. Three, talk to Cheyenne. Four, I do not think I have a forth one. OK." He thought to himself. He closed his eye and when to sleep.

The girl looked at the man. "Thank you. Now get out of my site." She said as she started to walk to a chair. "I found you at last. Liss, find out how is with him. And maybe I should give the old man a good funeral. No. Dump the body in a lake or some were. I don't care were, it is started to smell bad." She said with a smile.

A woman came out of the shadow and kneeled. "As you wish." Liss said as she walked back into the shadows.

"Chey!" Malah called to her sister. "Where have you been all day?" The younger sister just shrugged. "Scouting" she replied simply. "You like doing that too much. Besides, there's been activity in the outer forest. We need to be extra careful. Not that they'd ever get anything out of you the way you talk." The older sibling teased. Cheyenne just stood there scowling, tearing apart the meat that was for dinner. Her thoughts went to Fletcher, wondering if he had anything to eat. Without a better string on that bow of his, he was never going to catch anything. She also thought about how he had accepted her, even though she didn't talk like everyone else. It made her smile. "What are you smiling at?" Malah asked abruptly. The younger woman just rolled her eyes putting the meal on the table. The sisters never did get along. Malah was the eldest and got first choice of everything and Cheyenne would have to wait to choose a mate until Malah had done so. The problem was, Malah didn't like men so she was in no hurry and she loved to watch the torment on Cheyenne's face when they would get into arguments about it.

After dinner, Cheyenne went to bed instead of sitting around the nightly campfire. She wanted to get up early and see if the people from the city returned and then go see Fletcher since she promised she would.

"I will not follow you plans stupid girl. I do not want to have the world as a play thing." ??? said.
"I do not care what you want. I want the world and every thing and one in it. And it you do not give me it I will kill you like all the others." The stupid girl said as she walked over to ???.
??? Started to run. Fletcher woke up. "Shit. Why am I having that dream now?" He asked as he started to get up. He looked around and grabbed is stomach. "OK, I get it. I will go get some food." He said to himself as he started to walk outside. He grabbed is bow and some arrows.

Liss saw him walked outside. She watched he closely. "Is that really Fletcher?" She asked herself as she started to follow him.

Waking to the sounds of the early morning birds chirping high up in the trees, Cheyenne jumped out of bed and got ready for her day. As she left, she took a quick look at Malah sound asleep and smirked. 'Not a very good scout, sleeping in when there is a possible threat in the woods', she thought to herself. The young warrior took off into the forest and back to where she had seen the Fawn. Maybe there was something she had missed. Following the trail closely, she got back to the same point where the heard had muffled the tracks so she decided to go see if Fletcher was up.

Cheyenne stuck to the trees just in case the city dwellers returned a different way as it would give her both cover and a better visual advantage in order to follow them. Getting close she found Fletcher walking through the woods with his bow on a hunt so like always, she followed him not noticing the that someone else was also following him.

Status
Not open for further replies.