The Catalyst (OOC/Sign Ups)

The angels, allegiant and elysians have worked themselves into the life of the town- the angels and Elysian through memory manipulation, the allegiant are supposedly new to town. They can conceal their wings, yes. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: lostfaith
Yeah, I got the first part, I was mostly wondering about the wings.

Thanks, I'll get started on my character in a bit.

• Name: Ariel Spiros
    Nicknames: Cat
    Species: Allegiant
    Sexuality: Lesbian

Appearance: Ariel is a short, thin spectre of a woman; her neatly parted, shoulder length black and brown (heterochromic) hair frames an exceedingly pale face and two contrasting eyes. Her left eye is bright blue and seems to convey a feeling of curiosity and hope; her right eye is hazel and is sad and downcast. She often wears dark eyeshadow, but little other makeup. Her expression is generally an odd mix of curiosity and sadness, her dualist eyes darting about to take in all of her surroundings. She prefers to dress in dark shades of black and purple, most commonly wearing a skirt, formal shirt, and ragged black boots that come almost to her knees, breaking the neat, orderly image the rest of her attire gives.
    Image (Linked because large)

• Personality: Ariel is distant, melancholy, and reclusive. She speaks slowly, sometimes trailing off, with a distinct British accent. She is often lost in thought, unresponsive and still for minutes at a time. She is shy, tending to avoid contact with other people, although she regularly paces the streets for as long as she can, keeping a watchful eye on her quarries. She's timid when confronted by another angel or elysian, but is adept enough at manipulating them that she can hide her identity. The strain of hiding her true nature all the time gets to her, and she wants nothing more than to be able to spread her wings and fly away without being punished by the other allegiants or hunted down by the angels. When she gets a moment to rest, she retires to a back room in her small house, passing the time by painting images of death and great battles.

If forced into a confrontation where she must fight, Ariel becomes dark and vicious. All expression fades from her face, and she fights heedless of any injuries she sustains, and with a feral intent to tear her opponent apart. Despite this, she is a careful and practiced fighter, largely going on the defensive with a series of parries and guards until her enemy makes a mistake, allowing her to lash out and bring them down with one clean strike.

Ariel is manipulative of those around her, but sincerely doesn't like using people in the ways she has to. If someone finds out her true nature, she drops all pretenses and attempts to talk them down, whether that means getting them to relax their defenses, or convincing them to turn to the allegiants.

History: Ariel was once a great angelic warrior, called the Lioness. She was famous for her bravery and ferocity in combat, as well as her social grace and ability to blend in among mortals without even using her abilities. In fact, she always disliked using her ability to manipulate for any reason. Then, she was defeated and captured by a group of allegiant and was M.I.A for two years. Few know what she experienced during this time, but when she reappeared, her wings were black as night and her face was the picture of sorrow.

In Riversdale, she plays the part of an aspiring painter who moved there from England because of personal reasons. She is quite wealthy, and takes commissions to give an apparent source of income. She has so far succeeded in smoothly integrating herself into the community.

• Ariel is an extremely skilled fighter, using an elaborate rapier called the Florette. Her style is largely defensive, her movements a blur as she parries and dodges, taking any opportunity she gets to strike through her opponent's defenses.

I'll edit in relations here when we get more characters she'd know (mostly other allegiants).
    Name: | Species | Relationship

First draft, will most likely expand and edit as time goes on, but this is still a good representation of what I'm going for.

I do have one other question. What exactly does shadow manipulation consist of? Is it like shadow conjuration (creating objects and weapons from tangible darkness), casting a shadow, or something else?

I would have used an image other than my avatar, but it just fit so well.

• Name: Ariel Spiros
    Nicknames: Cat
    Species: Allegiant
    Sexuality: Lesbian

Appearance: Ariel is a short, thin spectre of a woman; her neatly parted, shoulder length black and brown (heterochromic) hair frames an exceedingly pale face and two contrasting eyes. Her left eye is bright blue and seems to convey a feeling of curiosity and hope; her right eye is hazel and is sad and downcast. She often wears dark eyeshadow, but little other makeup. Her expression is generally an odd mix of curiosity and sadness, her dualist eyes darting about to take in all of her surroundings. She prefers to dress in dark shades of black and purple, most commonly wearing a skirt, formal shirt, and ragged black boots that come almost to her knees, breaking the neat, orderly image the rest of her attire gives.
    Image (Linked because large)

• Personality: Ariel is distant, melancholy, and reclusive. She speaks slowly, sometimes trailing off, with a distinct British accent. She is often lost in thought, unresponsive and still for minutes at a time. She is shy, tending to avoid contact with other people, although she regularly paces the streets for as long as she can, keeping a watchful eye on her quarries. She's timid when confronted by another angel or elysian, but is adept enough at manipulating them that she can hide her identity. The strain of hiding her true nature all the time gets to her, and she wants nothing more than to be able to spread her wings and fly away without being punished by the other allegiants or hunted down by the angels. When she gets a moment to rest, she retires to a back room in her small house, passing the time by painting images of death and great battles.

If forced into a confrontation where she must fight, Ariel becomes dark and vicious. All expression fades from her face, and she fights heedless of any injuries she sustains, and with a feral intent to tear her opponent apart. Despite this, she is a careful and practiced fighter, largely going on the defensive with a series of parries and guards until her enemy makes a mistake, allowing her to lash out and bring them down with one clean strike.

Ariel is manipulative of those around her, but sincerely doesn't like using people in the ways she has to. If someone finds out her true nature, she drops all pretenses and attempts to talk them down, whether that means getting them to relax their defenses, or convincing them to turn to the allegiants.

History: Ariel was once a great angelic warrior, called the Lioness. She was famous for her bravery and ferocity in combat, as well as her social grace and ability to blend in among mortals without even using her abilities. In fact, she always disliked using her ability to manipulate for any reason. Then, she was defeated and captured by a group of allegiant and was M.I.A for two years. Few know what she experienced during this time, but when she reappeared, her wings were black as night and her face was the picture of sorrow.

In Riversdale, she plays the part of an aspiring painter who moved there from England because of personal reasons. She is quite wealthy, and takes commissions to give an apparent source of income. She has so far succeeded in smoothly integrating herself into the community.

• Ariel is an extremely skilled fighter, using an elaborate rapier called the Florette. Her style is largely defensive, her movements a blur as she parries and dodges, taking any opportunity she gets to strike through her opponent's defenses.

I'll edit in relations here when we get more characters she'd know (mostly other allegiants).

First draft, will most likely expand and edit as time goes on, but this is still a good representation of what I'm going for.

I do have one other question. What exactly does shadow manipulation consist of? Is it like shadow conjuration (creating objects and weapons from tangible darkness), casting a shadow, or something else?

I would have used an image other than my avatar, but it just fit so well.
Looks good. Shadow manipulation is shadow conjuration, in that they can create things from shadows. However, this requires shadows to work, so if they were in a very well lit room with numerous light sources arranged in such a way as to eliminate any shadows, they'd be in trouble.

Looks good. Shadow manipulation is shadow conjuration, in that they can create things from shadows. However, this requires shadows to work, so if they were in a very well lit room with numerous light sources arranged in such a way as to eliminate any shadows, they'd be in trouble.

So you're saying Dallas is an obstacle for Allegiants who specialize in shadows x3

So you're saying Dallas is an obstacle for Allegiants who specialize in shadows x3
Well, I suppose xD but the fact that his powers are largely connected with his emotions meant that I let that slide, because that could be a pretty big weakness. That and if an Allegiant gets their hands on him, he's going to be weakened anyway.

Well, I suppose xD but the fact that his powers are largely connected with his emotions meant that I let that slide, because that could be a pretty big weakness. That and if an Allegiant gets their hands on him, he's going to be weakened anyway.
This is true! The fact is the Allegiant putting hands on him might be bad for their health xD Let's just hope they don't threaten anyone Dallas likes ^w^

As far as I understand, Allegiants have to be outdoors and in sunlight to be harmed by it.

Am I missing something or was that not your point?

Dallas has control over light and HEAT, so he could superheat himself and burn their hand xD it was a corny joke!

Plus if he is able to light up an entire room to the point there's barely any shadow, it could prove difficult to use said shadow.

As far as I understand, Allegiants have to be outdoors and in sunlight to be harmed by it.

Am I missing something or was that not your point?
Yeah, direct natural sunlight weakens an Allegiant, but contact with an Allegiant weakens Elysians and angels.

I would love to join and be an Elysian!!

Thanks! Ill be sure to post my CS later today!

Imma join maybe

Reserve me a Elysian and a Human

• Name: Evangeline Ann Scotts
    Nicknames: Ever
    Species: Elysian
    Sexuality: (There's more than just straight and gay, remember.)
    Gender: (Gender they identify as. Include preferred pronouns if relevant)

Appearance: (Briefly describe the character. Doesn't have to be long.)

• Additional Ability: (Only relevant to Elysians. Describe what they can do and what it's weaknesses are.)

Connection to Elysian: (Only relevant to Humans. Say what Elysian and how. Remember, if the Elysian isn't your own, just ask if they'd be okay with your character being whatever.)

• Personality: (I know that this can sometimes change when you get IC, so I'm not going to ask for an essay. 1-2 medium sized paragraphs should be okay.)

History: (This doesn't need to be detailed at all and it's optional for Humans. For angels and Elysians, I'm really just looking for the story that everyone else in town believes. For Allegiant, it's their cover story- why are they in town? 1-2 paragraphs should be okay. Include anything from their past you think is relevant.)

• (Put anything else that's relevant here.)

Significant relationships (e.g Adoptive siblings, best friends) also go here in the format:

Posting info soon, want to be an angel!

• Name: Ivy Ray MCentire
    Species: Angel
    Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Ivy has long, waist-length brown hair with brown eyes. She is 5'7 with a skinny build. Her wings have 12 ft wingspan.

• Personality: Ivy is very sweet. She tries to please everybody, but is by no means a pushover. She is against fighting, however , will be willing to fight if she must. She relies more on words than weapons. She has much patience and is willing to put up with mostly anything.
    As an angel, Ivy tries to think of every possible situation before taking action.

History: Ivy is a warrior in the ranks of the Angels. She has no recollection of her time as a human or how she became an angel.

• (Put anything else that's relevant here.)

Significant relationships (e.g Adoptive siblings, best friends) also go here in the format:

I hope this is okay? I drew a blank when it came to personaility and the History ; ;

The more I read this thread the more I want to join. Just for clarification: the Elysians are not quite mature yet, but still technically ageless and having a youthful appearance that doesn't necessarily reflect their actual age, and I assume tracking age isn't really important in the "heavenly realm" but at what point do you think will the Elysians become fully mature, and is that time-span different from Angels?

Also, about how "old" were the Elysians when they were sent to earth?

When does this start? I'm keen on mentoring some Elysians.

I'd love to join with an Allegiant, but it seems to have been a few weeks since the GM has checked the thread...